• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 305
Posts: 305   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 23377 times and has 304 replies Next Thread
ZSA004

Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

Whitefire wrote: 
....your flag proceeded to over-saturate the market with shops, causing the already poor profits to be had on Cnossos to plummet further. You completely disregarded the original inhabitants of the island for you own profit. For that alone you deserve whats coming.

What...you have to build shops now to decrease profit? I think I have heard of something though....Mall....Tall....Oh yeah it's called a "Stall".
----------------------------------------
Iskra says, "You're the sweetest pirate I've seen in the the whole ocean"
[Oct 28, 2004 8:31:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    ZSA004 [Link]  Go to top 
Piggerina

I do not respect Robertdonald.

I shall fight against him.

Hogwash
Hogwash on the Midnight Ocean
[Oct 28, 2004 8:33:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NinjaGuy

ZSA004 wrote: 
Whitefire wrote: 
....your flag proceeded to over-saturate the market with shops, causing the already poor profits to be had on Cnossos to plummet further. You completely disregarded the original inhabitants of the island for you own profit. For that alone you deserve whats coming.

What...you have to build shops now to decrease profit? I think I have heard of something though....Mall....Tall....Oh yeah it's called a "Stall".

Um, there's really a very large difference between a shop and a stall.
Ninjaguy - Captain of the Mad Mutineers, Prince of the Midnight Armada
[Oct 28, 2004 8:34:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.midnightarmada.com    Istealpants21    Istealpants21 [Link]  Go to top 
ZSA004

Not nearly enough to say shops are the only thing that effect the economy, or at least in the way it was used in the quote i quoted.

*Edited for clarity*That is, that 1 shop alone WON'T decrease profits more than say.....1 POE per product. Only difference I can really see is a shipyard, which is able to produce all the products, as opposed to the stall versions.
"Plummet" is normally reffering to a drastic drop, which is NOT what would happen.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by ZSA004 at Oct 28, 2004 8:41:51 AM]
[Oct 28, 2004 8:41:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    ZSA004 [Link]  Go to top 
Smolder

NinjaGuy wrote: 

Um, there's really a very large difference between a shop and a stall.

Like the ability to paint! I think that this is unfair! Stalls should be able to paint too!

[size=7]</sarcasm>
-Harding
[Oct 28, 2004 8:42:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dr4b

Whitefire wrote: 

Now lets look at you and Cnossos. On an island that already has too many buildings, you built more. You didn't have an uncolonized island handed to you, you had one that had citizens already on it. Like Crimson Tide and Turtle, your flag proceeded to over-saturate the market with shops, causing the already poor profits to be had on Cnossos to plummet further. You completely disregarded the original inhabitants of the island for you own profit. For that alone you deserve whats coming.

In Dolzar's defense, if you go to Cnossos and look at the shops there, they are all from before Black Sails took over. (They took over in May and the shops all have "since April 2004" dates or earlier, and are from the "name Cnossos shops" auction) He built bazaars and one apothecary. He's not lying about that.

The Cnossos navy even used to be pretty useful before the 1-island update.

I won't say Black Sails has done Cnossos any more good than any other flag would have, but the saturation of shops there is actually not their fault. If anything, the real problem with Cnossos is that stupid second Inn ;)

That said, I probably won't be at the blockade at all. Sleep and work and all that fun stuff, ya know.

Oh, and you can paint stalls, dude. Shut yer trap. :)
Janthina, proprietor of Turban Outfitters on Jorvik.
Deadly, when I gather materials
Never engage any less than Imperials.

[Oct 28, 2004 9:11:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ayli

RavenHawk wrote: 
As the new Govenor of Cnossos

There's my main problem with Black Sails: they seem to be playing musical chairs with the governorships. Every time anything happens, they just go and pick some random pirate for governor. As a result, the governor has no accountability whatsoever: everyone knows that if things turn sour, BS will just appoint a new governor who will say "these problems aren't my fault - they were here before I became governor", and the old governor will say "talk to the new governor about it". There's also the problem with shopkeepers not having a consistent contact in government(and I'm not even talking about not having any input into the process of selecting a governor). Anyway, support Dolzar! Maybe he'll let YOU be governor for a few days too!
[size=10]Ruby: because telling your grandkids how you singlehandedly beat those three light blue brigands just isn't the same
[Oct 28, 2004 9:36:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shanoyu

I love goldbeard and all, but when I was CT Liason to Black Sails back a few months ago, he was foraging his own materials (we're talking like, Wood here.) to build the bazaar because BS didn't have them.

And it's not really his fault. It's the fact that Cnossos is the poison pill of flags. You take it over, then you can't really do jack, and it just instills malaise in your flag and in the Governor personally, quite often. Goldbeard was one of the few who weren't torn down by it. Uzi might also fall into this category, but she's an obvious exception since she never had that whole big "wow my flag gets nothing out of this" problem.

If you hate Robertdonald, you want him to win. It is the poison pill of puzzle pirates, no joke.
His Holiness, The Dope
[Oct 28, 2004 9:45:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
funnybones

If I know Robertdonald, he doesn't give a damn about Cnossos and has no plan to make anything better. It is really a question of who you think is less bad. Dolzar, my friend and former king, I am sad to say I feel you booched Cnossos just a tad, and built over my favorite spot (the apothocary bazaar if anyone is curious.) I only hope that RD's taking of the island will lead to someone who can, or atleast will try to, fix the island.
The Dread Pirates Robinson & Barthes, LLC

The poor complain; they always do. But that's just idle chatter.
Our system brings rewards to all. At least, to all who matter.

[Oct 28, 2004 9:47:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RavenHawk

Ayli, I plan on being around as Govenor a very very long time. :-)

And I am online most of the day everyday, so anyone can feel free to speak with me at any time.
Kissa
Queen of Evil
[Oct 28, 2004 10:01:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gotagota

Whitefire wrote: 
You raped Cnossos Dolzar, too bad the only person willing to step up and take it is RD.

I was once censured for using that word in a much less vile context. Just a bit of historical information.
Fronsac, human.
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to
add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

[Oct 28, 2004 10:39:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitefire

RavenHawk wrote: 
I have many friends on Cnossos and around the ocean that feel the Scallywag Syndicate will not act in the best interests of the islanders and shopkeepers.

As do I Kissa. I'd gladly help Chaos take the island after it falls to RD. Heck, you can even pull the same 1am deal and I'll still show up. How many nights can RD stay up in a row?
[Oct 28, 2004 10:41:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitefire

Gotagota wrote: 
Whitefire wrote: 
You raped Cnossos Dolzar, too bad the only person willing to step up and take it is RD.

I was once censured for using that word in a much less vile context. Just a bit of historical information.

Yeah, I am pushing the limit with that word. I couldn't find another that would convey the same emotion, so I'm happier with them editing the word out completely and giving me a reprimand than having something weak in it's place.
[Oct 28, 2004 10:43:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NinjaGuy

Heh, how did I miss this post.

RavenHawk wrote: 
Plus I have been playing this game for well over a year and feel that I have a better grip on things than say someone who started in March of this year.

No offense, but come on, do you really have to use the "Time = Intelligence" argument? I mean, I'll use Quizzical as an example. He has a very good grip on how the economy works. He started playing in May. Because I started playing in August of last year, does that mean I know more about the game economy? No.

RavenHawk wrote: 
And anyone that knows me, can vouch for my word.

Heh, I'm a person who forgets slowly and forgives even slower, so I'd argue that.
Ninjaguy - Captain of the Mad Mutineers, Prince of the Midnight Armada
[Oct 28, 2004 10:46:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.midnightarmada.com    Istealpants21    Istealpants21 [Link]  Go to top 
ZSA004

Shanoyu wrote: 
I love goldbeard and all, but when I was CT Liason to Black Sails back a few months ago, he was foraging his own materials (we're talking like, Wood here.) to build the bazaar because BS didn't have them.

Just have to point out I didn't build a bazzar, Dolzar built 2, I took over, I went on vacation, Dolzar took over, built the rest. The wood me crew was foraging was to get a Grand Frigate built a bit cheaper.

*Not wanting to bash someone who likes me, but has to point it out.
[Oct 28, 2004 11:01:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    ZSA004 [Link]  Go to top 
Broctannn

I just wanted to point out that RD will not be the govenor of Cnossos. I don't believe any of us has ever said he would be but don't quote me on that. That is all.
[Oct 28, 2004 11:15:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
1_EYED_WILLY

I am a Captain in a crew of Scallywag Syndicate for those who did not know.

Anyone who knows anything about RD, knows politics isn't his game. He has no intetnions or wishes to be Governor. I have been told he will not have anything to do with the politics of Cnossos.

A few points I want to make personally these do not refelect the flags views:

The reason why I joined this flag is that we are not politically based nor care to be. We are mercenaries for hire. Now I know this is going to get a wonderful response but I'm not going to write a 52 page post to explained exactly all of the flags positions.

RD isnt the most liked pirate (neither am I) but what he says he does and he doesnt hide it and doesn't lie. Even if you don't like what he does.

For those people putting a spin on this, this blockade is not stopping RD from being Governor. This is taking the island from Black Sails.

Those who dislike RD will try and stop him no matter what is said here, that was already known so you don't have to declare it. Show up be there. There will be plenty of ships that you can hop on that will oppsose Scallywag. Dolzar declared war on us before we dropped the chest so it looks like it will be sinking.

One reason why I like this flag so much is that I could tell RD that I am going to fight to defend Cnossos and I know would still be in the flag. I would like to see how many other flags you can do that in. I would never do that but it shows friends before politics and egos.

There's more but I'm getting tired of this I want to respond to the other posts but I know it won't do any good. Threads seem to go no where and accusations fly. I'm probably going to have to explain myself 20 more time in this thread anyway
Nostradamus

Certified Syndicate

Hire us for Birthday Parties
[Oct 28, 2004 11:39:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitefire

1_EYED_WILLY wrote: 
RD isnt the most liked pirate (neither am I) but what he says he does and he doesnt hide it and doesn't lie.

Yes, thats why every post of his that is a contractual agreement has small hidden white text.
[Oct 28, 2004 11:54:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
carlknoch

goodmanj wrote: 
Since all of Black Sails could fit in a cutter these days, I can't see Dolzar winning this one. But that doesn't mean RobertDonald has to win; this blockade needs a third party. Badly.

As far as "the good of Cnossos" goes, Dolzar's real estate deals may have been sketchy... but he hasn't, for example, jacked tax rates up to maximum in order to make a fortune at the expense of the shopkeepers. There aren't many pirates who'd do that, but RobertDonald is at the top of that short list.

I've heard that RD has no intention of running the island, let alone jack the taxes. Not that I know anything about it as I'm new to the game, but it seems that the only reason everyone has a problem with RD is that he does what he says he will, and he's a pirate.

That's refreshing to me. A Pirate, in a game about pirates.

Foilistc
SO of the Crew Corsairs of Umbar.
Not all who wander are lost ~ JRRT
[Oct 28, 2004 11:59:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    carlknoch    cdscarlk [Link]  Go to top 
funnybones

And, after all, Robertdonald is always VERY open about his plans and what he does. And, ofcourse, he is always telling the full truth without twisting anything.

[/sarcasm]

But, I have to admit, he doesn't openly lie.
The Dread Pirates Robinson & Barthes, LLC

The poor complain; they always do. But that's just idle chatter.
Our system brings rewards to all. At least, to all who matter.

[Oct 28, 2004 12:03:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shanoyu

ZSA004 wrote: 
Shanoyu wrote: 

Just have to point out I didn't build a bazzar, Dolzar built 2, I took over, I went on vacation, Dolzar took over, built the rest. The wood me crew was foraging was to get a Grand Frigate built a bit cheaper.

*Not wanting to bash someone who likes me, but has to point it out.

Like I said, totally not your fault. Dolzars. =p
His Holiness, The Dope
[Oct 28, 2004 12:03:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ZSA004

EDIT:Deleted
[Edit 2 times, last edit by ZSA004 at Oct 28, 2004 12:14:13 PM]
[Oct 28, 2004 12:14:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    ZSA004 [Link]  Go to top 
CrazyMorg

1_EYED_WILLY wrote: 
I am a Captain in a crew of Scallywag Syndicate for those who did not know.

Anyone who knows anything about RD, knows politics isn't his game. He has no intetnions or wishes to be Governor. I have been told he will not have anything to do with the politics of Cnossos.

A few points I want to make personally these do not refelect the flags views:

The reason why I joined this flag is that we are not politically based nor care to be. We are mercenaries for hire. Now I know this is going to get a wonderful response but I'm not going to write a 52 page post to explained exactly all of the flags positions.

RD isnt the most liked pirate (neither am I) but what he says he does and he doesnt hide it and doesn't lie. Even if you don't like what he does.

For those people putting a spin on this, this blockade is not stopping RD from being Governor. This is taking the island from Black Sails.

Those who dislike RD will try and stop him no matter what is said here, that was already known so you don't have to declare it. Show up be there. There will be plenty of ships that you can hop on that will oppsose Scallywag. Dolzar declared war on us before we dropped the chest so it looks like it will be sinking.

One reason why I like this flag so much is that I could tell RD that I am going to fight to defend Cnossos and I know would still be in the flag. I would like to see how many other flags you can do that in. I would never do that but it shows friends before politics and egos.

There's more but I'm getting tired of this I want to respond to the other posts but I know it won't do any good. Threads seem to go no where and accusations fly. I'm probably going to have to explain myself 20 more time in this thread anyway

give me a break...this blockade is about taking cnossos from Black Sails...what are you talkin about...

lets look at the blockading history of RD...what is this his 20th now?, so dont come here and say hes doing it to help the island when hes blockaded 1/2 the islands in the ocean...i personally feel insulted by that remark

and as for the blockade ill help Black Sails, if for no other reason, i dont think anyone should stand behind someone who wrecklessly and carelessly blockades islands and then goes on to ignore the ocean and players on the matter at hand

do you really suddenly want to support someone with this approach to islands?

-Horns
[Oct 28, 2004 12:29:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitefire

Whitefire wrote: 
1_EYED_WILLY wrote: 
RD isnt the most liked pirate (neither am I) but what he says he does and he doesnt hide it and doesn't lie.

Yes, thats why every post of his that is a contractual agreement has small hidden white text.

Odd to quote myself, but I had an interesting thought. RD's use of small text and hiding in white remind people of sneaky lawyers. People are directing their mistrust of that profession onto him due to his word choice and behaviors. Whether or not he has agreed to his promises, contracts, etc. is a moot point, people will usually distrust someone who speaks and approaches them in that manner.
[Oct 28, 2004 12:38:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
1_EYED_WILLY

CrazyMorg wrote: 

do you really suddenly want to support someone with this approach to islands?

-Horns

Ummm, I didn't ask for support nor did RD some one asked how much he was paying and he said 2k a round. That simple.

One more reason I like being in this flag is cause he blockades. Are islands suppose to be sacred once they are taken? No blockading on weekend cause its the only time I play. If you cant afford to defend an island give it up. Blockading is part of the game. Win, los, irritate or whatever...? Many pirates ask which island is he blockading next cause they know he pays well and they enjoy it. Are you asking them to give up there fun?[/sarcasm].

OK so I admit, I put my own spin on it. Hey it politics time in America. Enjoy. For some reason as hard as I try I can't get RD the sympathy vote.

I hereby retire as campaign manager.
Nostradamus

Certified Syndicate

[Oct 28, 2004 1:07:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Barrister

CrazyMorg wrote: 
lets look at the blockading history of RD...what is this his 20th now?

I believe RobertDonald was, in part, the responsible party for the following blockades:

Gaea I, as Mercenaries
Byrne II, as DOOFIS
Park II, as Buri Armada
Winter III, as Buri Armada
Oyster III, as Nidiata Dei Buri
Nu II, as Saga
Cranberry III, as Trans-Pacific Empire
Cranberry IV, as Sea The Constellation
Cranberry V, as DOOFIS

So, the answer is 9, not including Cnossos II. And, yes, I'm well aware he wasn't the only person involved in all of these.

EDIT: Added Gaea I and Byrne II. Didn't add Wrasse 0 since Wrasse was uncolonized, and there was another contender.
Barrister
- YPPedia Administrator
- Looterati
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Barrister at Oct 28, 2004 1:19:55 PM]
[Oct 28, 2004 1:19:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RobertDonald

Don't forget Wrasse 0, Gaea I, Byrne II, and whichever ones I can't remember.

Of course I neither confirm nor deny any of these. :)
Quizzical wrote: 
If winners and losers are arbitrarily chosen by ringers or OM's, then it is no longer even a game. It's just clicking random buttons hoping to be arbitrarily chosen, which becomes stupid really fast.

[Oct 28, 2004 1:31:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

funnybones wrote: 
And, after all, Robertdonald is always VERY open about his plans and what he does. And, ofcourse, he is always telling the full truth without twisting anything.

[/sarcasm]

But, I have to admit, he doesn't openly lie.

Personally, I think it's more honest to lie when everyone else knows you are lying, than to twist the truth when people think you are being honest.
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Oct 28, 2004 1:40:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
1_EYED_WILLY

CrazyMorg wrote: 

give me a break...this blockade is about taking cnossos from Black Sails...what are you talkin about...

lets look at the blockading history of RD...what is this his 20th now?, so dont come here and say hes doing it to help the island when hes blockaded 1/2 the islands in the ocean...i personally feel insulted by that remark

-Horns

Cant believe I missed this the first time

Ummm i never said taking Cnossos from Black Sails was helping it. Those are your words not mine. I'm not political nor care how Cnossos is run. Again I don't speak for my flag.

Wow, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, sorry. No personal attack intended.
Nostradamus

Certified Syndicate

[Oct 28, 2004 1:40:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Barrister

RobertDonald wrote: 
Don't forget Wrasse 0, Gaea I, Byrne II, and whichever ones I can't remember.

Of course I neither confirm nor deny any of these. :)

Whoops! I should have remembered Gaea I. I've given you "credit" for Byrne II, but I honestly don't remember you being involved. (I was busy at Jorvik III, as you might recall.)
Barrister
- YPPedia Administrator
- Looterati
[Oct 28, 2004 1:44:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 305   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates