• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 791 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Mayuri

Shoppe Labor Woes Reply to this Post

So, here's the problem, mates...

I own an apoth stall, and that's all fine and good. I have seven employees and before that churned out orders within a day or two. However, just recently, I was lookin' at how much an order would cost fer a friend of mine and my anticipated time of completion has plummeted to A Long Time with no warnin' nor reason. With two orders in me queue, apparently there's no work bein' put into 'em; last night's email said as much. What happened? What can I do to get me orders completed?

I do know about the fact that each of me employees likely only has 8 hours to spare, iff'n they don't forage. However the drop is a surprise, considerin' nothin' in the lineup has changed.

Thankee if ye can help ;)
[Jul 8, 2004 12:58:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rappak

Re: Shoppe Labor Woes Reply to this Post

Labor goes to the highest job that they hold. If there is a job that pays 15/20/40 and another that pays 20/25/30 and another that pays 1/1/1 that a player has, the 1/1/1 will get no labor, the second will get labor only if the first job has no expert labor. The Expert in the first job pays the highest, but the rest of the labor would go to the second job unless the second job has only basic labor left and the second job has skill labor left to be done. In that case, the labor would be divided.

In essence, you would need to raise your wages and have everyone rehire themselves. Another explination would be that they are foraging and used up their labor hours. Foraging takes away from the same labor pool.

Either way, Labor is a huge problem. Everyone is finding it hard to compete, including me.
----------------------------------------
Rappak, memmer of the oceans.

Rappak- Ex-king of Something Powerful (Cobalt)/ex-Lord of Indestructible Fury, a caged free-bird forever.
Rappak- Officer in Easily Distracted (Midnight)/Mem helper in CT/Where am I?
[Jul 8, 2004 1:28:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quizzical

The question isn't whether you can get labor, but at what price. I used 597 hours of labor in one day earlier this week in my distilling stalls.

Labor costs more on some islands than on others, but if you're not offering significantly over 20 PoE/hr, don't assume that you'll get any labor. Apothecaries in particular are rather undesirable jobs because they use so little labor, so if you want anyone else to take a job at your apothecary, you'll have to pay very well to get people to use one of their three jobs at a shop unlikely to use much of their labor.

You might want to consider just using your own labor at your apothecary, paying yourself very well to ensure that the job takes precedence over your other jobs. Your own labor will be enough unless you produce over 48 dye/day on average, which would have a market value in the tens of thousands of PoE.
There is no "i" in "complex numbers".
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Quizzical at Jul 8, 2004 1:50:39 AM]
[Jul 8, 2004 1:50:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Varthlokkur

597 hours in one day? Your stall has an optimum labour of 25?
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean
[Jul 8, 2004 1:54:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
Quizzical

Varthlokkur wrote: 
597 hours in one day? Your stall has an optimum labour of 25?

Six deluxe distilling stalls, added together.
There is no "i" in "complex numbers".
[Jul 8, 2004 2:01:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates