• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 152
Posts: 152   Pages: 6   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 38215 times and has 151 replies Next Thread
Malted

Re: The Pick-Your-Puzzle Bake-Off - Three familiars on every ocean! Reply to this Post

There will always be alts at those events. Same ocean alts are one thing, inter-ocean alts are another thing. I'm annoyed by both mut mainly the second. However yesterday what won the cake was all of those people from Cobalt actually BRAGGING about not standing a chance but being there for the ONLY purpose of taking a legitimate Hunter player spot.

Congrats mates for totally ruining the spirit of that event.

And this was my earlier point. I hear "bakeoffs are about the BEST of the BEST competing". Yet the Cobalt bakeoff was half-filled with people from Hunter saying "haha hunter pwns coblat sux u n00bz!!" Those are the "best of the best", are they?

Your bakeoff was filled with rude people from Cobalt because ours was filled with rude people from Hunter. No, two wrongs don't make a right, but I guess Hunter shouldn't dish it out if they can't take it either.

Frankly, I'm shocked the whole thing is allowed at all. Sure, there will always be cross-ocean alts who are smart enough to just keep their mouths shut and puzzle, but why are people who brag they are from another ocean - and are dissing the host ocean in the process - not just planked from the ship?

italics for emphasis

The /mute button is your friend. I've been a doubscriber for a long time yet I've never entered an event on your silly ocean, so thanks for that :) You've got to be pretty dense to judge an entire server full of players based on the actions of a few idiots. See: forum poster "Whalebait"
----------------------------------------
Novo, Sage
Teabagbill wrote: 
I was born and raised in Glasgow. Trust me, some 15 year old kid isn't going to win a fight against me.

[Mar 19, 2008 10:14:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
slntslayer

Re: The Pick-Your-Puzzle Bake-Off - Three familiars on every ocean! Reply to this Post

Welp, despite all the usual inter-ocean complaints, yadda yadda yadda, whine whine whine, tart tart tart, it was still a fun event.

As I stated on the boat, I know where my place is in certain puzzles on Cobalt, but not a clue where I stand on other oceans. Yes I was shocked to place 3rd in the prelims, especially since I wasn't paying attention and watching tv at the time. Of course when I started paying attention in the semis I fell to 9th. So meh. It was fun to bilge against some names I have heard, but never had the chance to puzzle against...Rapportus being one of them.

So Cheers to Bia/Minthe for hosting, and Hunter for having the bakeoff this time.

Congrats to the winners as well.
When all else fails, go blow something up.
I'm a BK hunting trollop, and how!
Rehio wrote: 
There's gotta be some law that prohibits Rashnu from having any sort of contact with greenies.

Rashnu
i R slo kiddo.....
[Mar 19, 2008 10:47:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Varthlokkur

And Midnight was full as fast or faster.

Maybe we should use the skelly code, now that it's becoming a clickfest to get in?

Eh. Some bakeoffs are better than no bakeoffs.
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean
[Mar 19, 2008 8:10:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
Malted

Midnight ship LITERALLY filled in less than 2 seconds. It's not even a click fest because you get a blue screen from the lag. I swear if you have a slow computer (or a mac) you have absolutely 0 chance of getting on one of these ships. I will look at my auto logs after the bakeoff to see how fast it filled. There were only about 15 "boarding ship" messages after I got on, and I clicked instantaneously with a fast computer/connection.

edit:

Jobbing offer went up at 23:00:47-48, ship filled to 159 at 23:00:50, blue screen cleared and first message was received from another player at 23:00:54

:/
Novo, Sage
Teabagbill wrote: 
I was born and raised in Glasgow. Trust me, some 15 year old kid isn't going to win a fight against me.

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Malted at Mar 19, 2008 8:40:40 PM]
[Mar 19, 2008 8:16:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Wow that was some very tough competition there - I did way better than yesterday, and came out way worse! Congrats to the winners, and thanks again for the fun Bia!
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Mar 19, 2008 8:54:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bia
OceanMaster

Midnight Results:
Prelim		Semi-Finals	Finals		Prize
Sailing
Pixiesking Shers Pixiesking Red/Black Parrot
Pjotr Pixiesking Mattgun Tortoise
Misscreant Mattgun Shers Ancient Jolly Roger
Readyaim Jackngibbs Nordenx Egg
Ovahi Ovahi Nordenx Egg
Nerinub Pjotr Nordenx Egg
Shers Readyaim Shortyjack Egg
Interr Interr Nordenx Egg
Mattgun Nerinub Shortyjack Egg
Jackngibbs Misscreant Nordenx Egg
Carpentry
Trinsic Trinsic Nemor Yellow Monkey
Hatchetback Nemor Neried Stone Figurine
Nuemenor Neried Trinsic Scarab Egg
Jji Jji Shortyjack Egg
Neried Foveovirgo Nordenx Egg
Cheekymonkey Daleen Nordenx Egg
Nemor Cheekymonkey Nordenx Egg
Daleen Nuemenor Nordenx Egg
Foveovirgo Tahoe Nordenx Egg
Tahoe Hatcheback Nordenx Egg
Bilging
Sink Halfbaked Gigglesnort Aqua Octopus
Springheel Gigglesnort Halfbaked Tortoise
Bisquick Conchrobber Conchrobber Stone Figurine
Conchrobber Darvid Shortyjack Egg
Gigglesnort Springheel Shortyjack Egg
Mousebeard Bisquick Nordenx Egg
Darvid Madmarymeade Shortyjack Egg
Kewl Kewl Shortyjack Egg
Madmarymeade Sink Shortyjack Egg
Halfbaked Mousebeard Nordenx Egg

Italics denote prizewinning position.
[Mar 19, 2008 9:44:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rockitboy

Always nice to see a narrow/distinguished win a colored familiar.
Rocketboy
Cursed Isles, ridding the ocean of poor BNAV one ship at a time.
[Mar 20, 2008 9:31:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Voidrix00

Always nice to see a narrow/distinguished win a colored familiar.

2alts winning and a main, congrats none the less -.-
Voidrix (All oceans)
Captain of Unquenchable Fury and Prince of Universe A .
Owns the largest collection of Guys on Cerulean.
[Mar 20, 2008 10:42:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dark_Despair

*sighs* can we do one like... 5-6 game time? please? lol. ... >.> trying to get a bakeoff in at midnight and working 5 hours later is killler... lol....

but awesome Times for everyone ^_^ goodluck all ^_^
Yamiko of Viridian

Senior Officer and loyal member of Silver Dragons
tart and Wench of many, Lover to one.
Canadian all the way through

lovely avitar art by Cambiata!
[Mar 20, 2008 7:27:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rascal84

It isn't suppose to be a "Woah,Whoever can click the fastest WINS" competition.....
[Mar 20, 2008 8:05:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icefrogger13

*ouch*

It is currently Mar 20, 2008 8:00:33 PM PDT on the Sage ocean.
Shiver me timbers! That vessel's full.
It is currently Mar 20, 2008 8:00:35 PM PDT on the Sage ocean.

And the subsequent bluescreens...
Your hearty, Hearty1, has logged off.
Your hearty, Hearty2, has logged off.
Your hearty, Hearty1, has logged on.
Your hearty, Hearty2, has logged on.
Your hearty, Hearty1, has logged off.
Your hearty, Hearty1, has logged on.
Your hearty, Hearty3, has logged off.
Your hearty, Hearty3, has logged on.
Your hearty, Hearty4, has logged on.
Your hearty, Hearty5, has logged off.
Your hearty, Hearty6, has logged off.
Your hearty, Hearty6, has logged on.
Your hearty, Hearty5, has logged on.
Your hearty, Hearty5, has logged off.
Your hearty, Hearty4, has logged off.
etc.

/sarcasm
Maybe we need this rather nifty system that waits through several minutes of people clicking and then randomly choses 10% of them to enter the bake-off...
/sarcasm end
"Two shoppes per week rule" - keeps one flag from completely ruining/overbuilding an island without the ocean having a chance to prevent it by blockading.

Brigand Kings = A cheap way around it.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by icefrogger13 at Mar 20, 2008 8:12:36 PM]
[Mar 20, 2008 8:06:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vanway

so, I stay till 4am in the morning, so it happens this:

04:00:04] It is currently Mar 20, 2008 8:00:03 PM PDT on the Sage ocean.
[04:00:09] Your crew member Teddygirl has logged on.
[04:00:29] Shiver me timbers! That vessel's full.

(note that rest at least 10 seconds from the "shiver me timbers" since the server was completely lagged).
GAME OVER

[Mar 20, 2008 8:08:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ubahman

It isn't suppose to be a "Woah,Whoever can click the fastest WINS" competition.....

No but it helps. Good luck to all those in the bakeoff except the people on carp O.o
Ubahman on Sage.
Blingbeard on Hunter.
Forever wanting to do voodoo with an Oceanmaster doll egg.
[Mar 20, 2008 8:09:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
basso

I believe Malted suggested this type of bake-off be limited to those who are legendary or above in the station of their choosing.....

Call me an elitist snob if you must, but how many non-inc DR's will there be on bilge? 1 is far too many IMO. Oh well, I know I would not of won, but when you click the tab 13 seconds after 8pm.....
Montage of Sage
Mads wrote: 
OK, now I'm convinced. The problem here is that you cannot understand plain English.

[Mar 20, 2008 8:11:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starsailor9

Ok, so on sage the vessel was full in a few seconds, how is an event good fun if 80% of the people can't enter it? So stupid.
Theluggage made from Sapient Pearwood residing in Unseen University |:)
[Mar 20, 2008 8:12:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rascal84

I believe Malted suggested this type of bake-off be limited to those who are legendary or above in the station of their choosing.....

Call me an elitist snob if you must, but how many non-inc DR's will there be on bilge? 1 is far too many IMO. Oh well, I know I would not of won, but when you click the tab 13 seconds after 8pm.....

I swear it was more like 4 or 5 seconds.

EDIT: Infact I remember it turning 10pm (8 Game Time For Me) while I was turning off my AIM after saying "Turning off incase of lag during Bake-Off."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by rascal84 at Mar 20, 2008 8:15:01 PM]
[Mar 20, 2008 8:13:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pirateboy85

i seriously think you should use more than one ship!! the ships have gotten full in there first 5 secs!!
please consider using more than one ship >. >
[Mar 20, 2008 8:14:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vanway

Ok, so on sage the vessel was full in a few seconds, how is an event good fun if 80% of the people can't enter it? So stupid.

80% is being too generous...

/me wonders why only there's complains in sage?
GAME OVER

[Mar 20, 2008 8:15:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rascal84

80% is being too generous...

/me wonders why only there's complains in sage?

Because the rest of the forumers on other oceans got on quick enough?
[Mar 20, 2008 8:17:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
basso

How is an event good fun if many ultimate puzzlers cannot even join?
Montage of Sage
Mads wrote: 
OK, now I'm convinced. The problem here is that you cannot understand plain English.

[Mar 20, 2008 8:20:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
VemberMertz

Give me an everloving break.

Bleeping SF tournaments allow unlimited entrants, MAKE A WAY FOR OMS TO PUT THE PIRACY PUZZLES UP AS A TOURNAMENT . If I see another alt from another ocean win this because they clicked within the first 5 seconds instead of 10...

I don't know what I'll do. I'm already in tears, this is such a let-down.

I'm so glad I stayed up until 4am for this. :(
Nepenthe of the Sage Ocean
I PUSH BUH-TON! Shineeeeeeeey
[Edit 1 times, last edit by VemberMertz at Mar 20, 2008 8:23:24 PM]
[Mar 20, 2008 8:22:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pirateboy85

i agree with vanway, as soon as i clicked go it took 10 secs for the server to say "shiver me timbers.! that vessel's full."

seriously consider using more than one ship or something.

i wonder how viridian will be like tomorow...
[Mar 20, 2008 8:23:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rascal84

No but it helps. Good luck to all those in the bakeoff except the people on carp O.o

Now it's doing the exact same problem with Skellie fights. Rewarding the people who can "Fast Click" and have a better connection.
[Mar 20, 2008 8:23:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vanway

I'm not gonna talk about ables, distinguished, respected or even master. put renowned or even GM. How many of them would win a familiar tourney? none. How many of them could win the bake off. Any if they were lucky enough to get a place there. And let's not talk about the ocean-jumpers.

Is it fair? well, I guess everyone has it's opinion. sigh.
GAME OVER

[Mar 20, 2008 8:23:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rascal84

I'm not gonna talk about ables, distinguished, respected or even master. put renowned or even GM. How many of them would win a familiar tourney? none. How many of them could win the bake off. Any if they were lucky enough to get a place there. And let's not talk about the ocean-jumpers.

I do like the Renowned or like you said even Grand Master and above should only be able to participate.
[Mar 20, 2008 8:25:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gotkevlar

I do like the Renowned or like you said even Grand Master and above should only be able to participate.

um....i think he meant that it's pointless for renowned or even GM puzzlers to join because they're always shut out by the legs and ults (more so for those below renowned)....not that only renowned or up people should participate.

Maybe it's not "fun," but i'd say it's a little more fair to those who aren't blessed with insane puzzling talent. Many people that would win this bake-off have already won previous ones and already have familiars. Like it's been stated before, the fastest clickers win.

Gotkevlar of Viridian
Kevlar
[Edit 1 times, last edit by gotkevlar at Mar 20, 2008 8:46:26 PM]
[Mar 20, 2008 8:40:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vanway

Maybe it's not "fun," but i'd say it's a little more fair to those who aren't blessed with insane puzzling talent. Many people that would win this bake-off have already won previous ones and already have familiars. Like it's been stated before, the fastest clickers win.

Gotkevlar of Viridian

And those whose been years practicing and improving?
GAME OVER

[Mar 20, 2008 8:56:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Granilithe

Amen!
Granilithe of Emerald
SO of Rabbid Zombie Bunnehs
Princess of Trophy Tarts

[Mar 20, 2008 9:12:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://dreampirate21.livejournal.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Nooblar

8:00:34: I board
76 lines later...
8:00:37: Full

I dont think it took me more then one second to click.
Nooblar and/or Nerdbeard on Sage/Emerald
Cartrunner wrote: 

<3
Dear forum alt: since you inquired, no, I do not endorse ban evasion.

Tilinkatar!
[Mar 20, 2008 9:23:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

Aaaand Ridethesky won again.
I got to #3 :DDDDDD!!!!
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Mar 20, 2008 9:37:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 152   Pages: 6   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates