• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 152
Posts: 152   Pages: 6   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 38201 times and has 151 replies Next Thread
SirCarl67

Re: The Pick-Your-Puzzle Bake-Off - Three familiars on every ocean! Reply to this Post

I did give a possible solution at the time, Ships in a sinking situation (excluding wars) could be offered a free whisk back to port. The OM said that the bake-off was times to avoid blockades so the only ships in a sinking situation would be in sinking flotilas and atlantis I doubt whether there are more than 5 or 6 ships in this situation at a time.
----------------------------------------
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."
[Mar 24, 2008 5:57:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

Re: The Pick-Your-Puzzle Bake-Off - Three familiars on every ocean! Reply to this Post

Ok, so I'm just getting caught up here on my forum'ing that was put off do to a nasty flu bug.

I'd like to say one thing, if I may. These things are incredibly hard to predict. I was at the last bak-eoff, on several oceans, and I remember one ocean was supposed to have 2 ships, but then we couldn't even really fill up one after waiting something silly like 20 minutes, so the rules changed down to only 1 ship. Everybody tarted so mad. This time an unprecedented number of folks showed up, and I'm not even sure 2 ships would have been enough, ha.

It's like any local restaurant or store. They do their best to anticipate your need and make sure they're stocked well enough to meet that need without being ridiculously overstocked and having food go bad unpurchased. They get their numbers on a regular basis and can make small adjustments in either direction a lot easier. Bake-off participation is a lot more difficult to predict, please keep in mind, but I'm sure EACH time they're taking the information into account and refining the process for future events.

I got on Midnight on my slow arse antiquated machine, but then I nosedived my actual performance because I am teh suck and was still sick! <3 Bia/Minthe for running it.
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by imwamphyr at Mar 30, 2008 11:58:12 PM]
[Mar 30, 2008 11:54:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 152   Pages: 6   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates