• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 34
Posts: 34   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3852 times and has 33 replies Next Thread
Traceybuzz

Bending Things

Saiph gets bent out of shape

She drove them on with a flick of her wrists,
Her whip in her hand and a smile on her lips,
She shouted "today seems a day for a jolly old jape",
"Lets aid Saiph in getting Bent out of Shape",
"Although with my Dnav lets hope we don't miss".

Where Saiph Island
When Saturday 23rd @4pm Ringer
Pay 250/Segment
Contact Jobbent
----------------------------------------
Mistykat
Ocean Hopper ...
[Feb 21, 2008 10:00:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BBK4Life

Re: Bending Things

Im sorry

This is not sage

We dont use limericks for intents, rather animated movie like intents <3

Welcome anyhow and...

Goodluck and big ups for blockading...
Darksoul
Monarch of the flag Dead In The Water
[Feb 22, 2008 12:31:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
YokoMoko

Thanks for the good time, I'll be tired but I can make it! *YUS!* Any earlier and I would probably be cut off half way through, any later I would die at my desk. Good luck guys :)

Edit ~

Also, what are your intentions on the island? Just sit on it and try not to be noticed? Or try to change the ocean for the better with it? Just out of interest.

Yokomoko.
Yokomoko - Hunter

Cairi wrote:

Think of it as foreplay and look forward to the release

[Edit 1 times, last edit by YokoMoko at Feb 22, 2008 6:03:51 AM]
[Feb 22, 2008 5:45:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fatfriar

No movie?
SUCKY INTENT ALERT!!!
Ybbald of the Hunter Ocean
Retired or something
[Feb 22, 2008 8:49:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tartoof

No movie?
SUCKY INTENT ALERT!!!

No need to fear!
Tartoof is here!

i r frum sage 2. i ritee poamss
I r gunna be gud lawya wrote:

[16:18:01] Pirate1 says, "But, every man has his write for a fare court thingy cant remebmer the word."

Tartoof, TD
[Feb 22, 2008 9:15:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nolan5

No movie?
SUCKY INTENT ALERT!!!

Hunter is in a VERY Bad Mood today.

There actually is a crew Called the "Sage Invaders"

;) Don't call us the Invaders they are.

Hunter Smells Uber Bad.
-zzxc
sage
emerald
[Feb 22, 2008 11:10:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Traceybuzz

Well the mini-movie we made was giving me too many problems .. and we were running out of time. So this will have to do for now. :(
Mistykat
Ocean Hopper ...
[Feb 22, 2008 12:44:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Traceybuzz

Ok ... that is sooo funny ...

Siggy changed ...

As for intent of the island ... isn't that everyone's dream .. to make the Ocean a better place?
Mistykat
Ocean Hopper ...
[Feb 22, 2008 12:54:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
itcantbe

Sorry all, we didn't realize we were more expected to give a video than a limerick (although the otherside didn't do either, they were not faulted...figures). Here is a link for Darksoul's pleasure (don't click if you're offended easily).

To the question regarding our intentions:There is little you can do with an outpost to "better the ocean". Given, we will keep it stocked at all times with plenty of rum and cbs without charging an arm and a leg. Event blockades are always great, but to be honest I don't think they necessarily better the ocean. Sure Yoko, you have gotten some turnout in your past, but I reference people towards the Aimuari event blockade. For a one round sinking blockade (dhows and bigger ships only), there was a prize of a WF renamed to Problem Childfish painted Black Red (mad props to Hankscorpio ftw). The paint cost around 230k, not sure on the rename. Paint and rename aside, it is still a WF as a prize. Sadly we were the only true contendors, save one independent crew and one greenie flag (both brought in WBs which were promptly sunk). Aim is by far more accessible than Saiph, and its sad that there was such a low turnout for so high of a prize. My personal thoughts on event blockades are not necessarily that there is a prize, but more of a competition to allow people to spend little resources and get good practice. We might do events with prizes, but I'd rather see us use it to help the ocean (who ever is interested) train their bnavs (this can only be done when there is a side giving relatively equal competition).

I personally have NO intention of island sitting. I informed BTV before allying that if I saw any mismanagement of Doyle we would 'cade them (they're fine now, at first it was off to a rocky start though). If I don't see anyone else doing this, I would be very interested in taking Paiha and "bettering the ocean" with it. Given, I would first rename the buildings to something that other people hated but I loved, I would love to give it away in some sort of event to a flag that will manage it properly. It is truly sad when outposts on trade routes or just in general do not have adequate shot and rum. But to answer the OQ, there is no intention of island sitting.

Oh for those wondering..... buying an island sucks. End of story.

Mistykat is a forum greenie, look at that double post!
[Feb 22, 2008 1:41:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Traceybuzz

/me Smacks
Mistykat
Ocean Hopper ...
[Feb 22, 2008 9:57:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cheezits

Good luck mates! Sorry I won't be able to make it because its my birthday and I'm going out for the day.
Cheezits

Wolfpack tells you, "fat kid + cake = me + cheez"
You told Wolfpack, "at least i'm the cake part"
Wolfpack tells you, "<3
[Feb 22, 2008 10:27:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
YokoMoko

If you got the opportunity to own an island for 400k wouldn't you accept it? That is less than a days winnings in a pokerers eyes, and I disagree with island buying being bad, in this case at least. Owning Saiph has got be off poker a lot more and thrown me more in to the politics of the ocean, and thrown me on more ships in the past 3 weeks than in about 4 months before hand. People moan at people playing poker and then not spending their winnings on things that count, I have spent my winnings on things that count, most people applaud that, there are the odd few however that decide to flame me for doing so, for those people, boo you!. Make up your mind, what do you want people to do.

Also, we already had intentions to attack islands and had intent posts ready too and were weeks away from attacking, then Saiph come up for auction (Which was one of the islands we had plans to take) and I decided to take that opportunity.

Me and the other people of Organized Chaos discussed long and hard about if they agreed on me bidding for the island and THEY said they would rather blockade since that is the only reason they wanted to take an island, I promptly said that if we took an island by force there is less chance of us getting attacked again. If we bought an island however, we would have several flags looking to 'test' us and such or just looking for a seemingly easy target ~ So, more blockade fun in the long run.
Yokomoko - Hunter

Cairi wrote:

[Feb 23, 2008 7:28:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Spunx

If you got the opportunity to own an island for 400k wouldn't you accept it?

Not for an outpost, but that's just one opinion.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blackjacket
Bzzzap bzaaap!
[Feb 23, 2008 7:47:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sammydrisc

But that outpost is Saiph, having governed Saiph at one point (and I'm sure Quitex, redspyda, or anyone else who has owned it can agree) I'm positive that Yokomoko has made more then his moneys worth with that island.
Treewarf of Hunter and Malachite.
[Feb 23, 2008 7:51:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
YokoMoko

But that outpost is Saiph, having governed Saiph at one point (and I'm sure Quitex, redspyda, or anyone else who has owned it can agree) I'm positive that Yokomoko has made more then his moneys worth with that island.

/me nods. It is a very nice island with a nicer profit. Although going in to the buy I was in to the profit, once I had actually got the island I didn't want the profit much at all really, and I actually broke even or even threw in a bit more PoE for the event blockades, because it's more fun to do things with power than just sit at the fort going 'Yahar, King of the Castle king of the castle, do this do that *tututututut*'.

Yes, that quote is from Borat.
Yokomoko - Hunter

Cairi wrote:

[Feb 23, 2008 8:12:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NickScorpio

I actually broke even or even threw in a bit more PoE for the event blockades

You mean, you're actually paying the winners?
Hankscorpio
[Feb 23, 2008 11:02:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
YokoMoko

Yes, trying to get more people in to blockades and to get people to contest in the event cades rather than them all be empty.
Yokomoko - Hunter

Cairi wrote:

[Feb 23, 2008 11:42:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CaptMaxie

Don't insult the buyer, insult the sellers, i will take any insults or problems or queries or whatever ye want to call it to do with Saiph Auction, dont hate the player, hate the game, and in this case we be the game and OC be the player, so take this up with me!
Captain of Avenging Fury
Dormant Prince of Booty Call, waiting the return of the King, the return of the schemes.
[Feb 23, 2008 11:52:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brendenbat

Or we could just say buying and selling islands sucks.
Brendabat - Hunter
Brendenbat - Sage
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Brendenbat at Feb 23, 2008 12:08:12 PM]
[Feb 23, 2008 12:05:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JustSilly

Yes,?????????? trying to get more people in to blockades and to get people to contest in the event cades rather than them all be empty.

Really? im still waiting, I went in sponsered the event, harrased the competition with endless and again im still waiting
JustSilly all oceans
Ex - Kade-crew hopper
[Edit 1 times, last edit by JustSilly at Feb 23, 2008 12:54:16 PM]
[Feb 23, 2008 12:51:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
YokoMoko

Yes,?????????? trying to get more people in to blockades and to get people to contest in the event cades rather than them all be empty.

Really? im still waiting, I went in sponsered the event, harrased the competition with endless and again im still waiting

READ our intent to defend post.
Yokomoko - Hunter

Cairi wrote:

[Feb 23, 2008 4:49:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

I will be blockading Saiph soon. Dunno how, with who. But I'll. I want that fraking outpost for me. ME.
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Feb 23, 2008 6:56:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Frostyspyda

If you can afford to have the fort stocked the whole time, and manage good price for the commodities, you could be on your way to 200 - 500k a week.
Redspyda,

Hunter
[Feb 23, 2008 7:29:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wasabi11

Congrats to bent outta shape for the great win and blockade!
Typhon on Malachite
In one crew or the other.
Treewarf says, "You can dance around all you want, but sooner or later, Typhon will get his balls in you"
[Feb 24, 2008 2:12:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Traceybuzz

Thanks everyone for their excellent help in the Saiph blockade! We couldn't have done it without you all.

Special thanks goes to everyone involved with the planning, our wonderful Navvers ... the XO's, the Fabulous JC's ... Royalty, allies and friends. All the jobbers rocked!!

Thanks again .. and hope to see you all soon ...

Hmmmm ... what island will be next?
Mistykat
Ocean Hopper ...
[Feb 24, 2008 3:53:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
YokoMoko

Hmmmm ... what island will be next?

Yours next week. Athens has already said :) Refer to OC's intent to defend post.
Yokomoko - Hunter

Cairi wrote:

[Feb 24, 2008 4:04:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vilnius1

Yoko, you should attack it. Oh, wait... It may just be me, but you really give off a nasty vibe with this whole Saiph buisness. Not one part of your public jobbing search had anything positive about it and now you're trying to make threats that your flag personally can't back.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Vilnius1 at Feb 24, 2008 5:27:36 PM]
[Feb 24, 2008 5:24:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stusmobile

[quote nasty vibe [/quote]

That pretty much sums up my feelings about the whole political BS about this blockade. Theres too much bitching and whining about what should have been a fun event ...... no matter who eventually won.

People need to take a step back and realise at the end of the day its a game, a distraction from real life that we're supposed to enjoy. Having a heart attack over a bunch of pixels is highly overrated.

As a member of Bent Outta Shape I can say the thinking over who we blockade is pretty simple ...... will we stand any chance of competing, can we afford it and will it be fun. Theres no ulterior motives, no personal animosity and certainly (as far as I'm aware) anything underhand.

Personally if I was governing the island right now I'd make the poe back that was spent on stock and jobber pay and then ask the OM's to dust the damn thing ........ at least that way everyone would have legitimate reasons for complaining.
http://indicatradingco.110mb.com/index.html

Goethe: "Whatever you do, or dream you can do, begin it - boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now."
[Feb 24, 2008 7:56:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://indicatradingco.110mb.com/index.html [Link]  Go to top 
YokoMoko

Yoko, you should attack it. Oh, wait... It may just be me, but you really give off a nasty vibe with this whole Saiph buisness. Not one part of your public jobbing search had anything positive about it and now you're trying to make threats that your flag personally can't back.

Where did I make any form of threat in my post? Athens specifically said she would drop on it next week in the defence intent post. Not me, Athens. I was just stating a fact to answer her question.

And on a side note, if we won the island, we were thinking of giving it away in an event blockade during the week anyway, we made a profit, we had our fun.
Yokomoko - Hunter

Cairi wrote:

[Feb 25, 2008 5:52:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
katem71

Javert - Mikeness has "upset" a lot of people. Please don't assume that because Yoko's flag may not come out to play that others won't be willing to.
Keight
[Feb 25, 2008 8:32:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 34   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates