• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 151
Posts: 151   Pages: 6   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10019 times and has 150 replies Next Thread
BBK4Life

Chapter 2. Hunter what are you Gonna do?

Boe Boe Boe,

I must say we are very discontent with blockade motivation.
are there so little blockade lovers on hunter?

We teamed up for the BK cade. That was wowzers, but thats just a distraction from the real situation hunter is in.

* enter stagnation preach *

You know ironically, there are few disturbing common and one new complaint around blockades.

1. Your building theme sucks

2. You guys arent worthy of this and that island: ( whiner never blockaded on said ocean theirselves)

3. Oh you meanie you let the forts go Dark ( doh im darksoul nub )

4. BK cades are a poe sink. ( this one needs special attention )

LMAO are you insane? as if hunter can complain about BK cades. I mean the BK's have done more drops than players last half year.

Hunter players are a poe sink theirselves because they sink their poe in their pixxelated toilets by sitting on resources waiting for Artemis to open that 1 new large so they can call it a poe sink if one strong Bk drops.

and no i dont mean Coerced coexistence by this. They actually help brainstorm towards getting hunter more blockade active.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what did Darky's whine post have to do with anything?

- Paihia will be given to Barnabas the Pale. Any attempt to save the island for us will be retalliated at specific cade.

- The fort on Gallows island is renamed: Home of stagnation
The ironmonger is renamed : Hunter marks the spot

Adittionally the fort here will go Dark <3

- The deeds on Iocane island will be handed out to random greenies. <3

I dont know whether they will let the fort go Dark.

I dont care if you have a problem with this.

I want you to blockade.

BtW its my B-day today

So Hunter, what are you going to do?
----------------------------------------
Darksoul
Monarch of the flag Dead In The Water
[Feb 18, 2008 4:15:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fixated

Re: Chapter 2. Hunter what are you Gonna do?

Heartily endorse this product and service. The deeds to Iocane will be given to some random greenie soon. Enjoy!
[Feb 18, 2008 4:16:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fatfriar

My greeenie alts will be stalking you, Dark.
Ybbald of the Hunter Ocean
Retired or something
[Feb 18, 2008 4:23:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
grizzwg

If people arent willing to blockade now, what makes you think screwing this much shit up will fix that? Not critisizing or anything, just want to know.
Crabitar

Cleansanchez-Hunter-Slippery When Wet
Wokbok tells ye, "Play nice Dickface"
Ye told Wokbok, "Yes mom."
[Feb 18, 2008 4:30:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Grizzwg    Cabinnaw sux [Link]  Go to top 
BrigadierBen

Well, to reply for what this thread is for... I will be intersted in blockading an island now and before you did this! You can count on me to be doing something.

Inerested in joining me? Send a PM with your thoughts or what you can do/ want to do/ or have done, related to blockades! YARG!.
Captain of The Crazy Pirates
Captain of Skeletons
Captain of Token Dealers
Captain of The Real Black Flag
Lord of Castigo X
King of Corripe Cervisiam
[Edit 1 times, last edit by BrigadierBen at Feb 18, 2008 4:36:09 PM]
[Feb 18, 2008 4:34:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BBK4Life

If people arent willing to blockade now, what makes you think screwing this much shit up will fix that? Not critisizing or anything, just want to know.

Because this is just the beginning of the way i can politically agitate people.
Darksoul
[Feb 18, 2008 4:37:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sammydrisc

Essentially, if I could have Blockaded now I would have. I took a small break from Blockade related things recently, but I hope to make a small comeback soon. Not making any promises, but Hopefully I will be there in the near future ;)
Treewarf of Hunter and Malachite.
[Feb 18, 2008 4:42:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tartoof

Where is Chapter 1, just wondering..
I r gunna be gud lawya wrote:

[16:18:01] Pirate1 says, "But, every man has his write for a fare court thingy cant remebmer the word."

Tartoof, TD
[Feb 18, 2008 4:50:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shinnj

With regard to this....

I dont know whether they will let the fort go Dark.

I want you to blockade.

If we choose to blockade that island, who will be coming out to defend it? CaX or that randomly Greenie?

Oh and btw Happy Birthday Dark!^_^
Shinnj[Hunter Ocean]

Gutsu says:
keeps saying I have won but I've been 10,000th visitor 9 times now...
Gutsu says:
I think it's scam

[Edit 1 times, last edit by shinnj at Feb 18, 2008 5:17:22 PM]
[Feb 18, 2008 5:16:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
redspyke

How is Hunter currently stagnated? I'd say that it is dormant rather than stagnated.

For example, flags are not blockading eachother rather than blockading eachother and the same side loses over and over to the other.

I do also believe this isnt Blockading Pirates. There are many other aspects in this game that people like to play rather than blockades. Pillaging, poker, spades, SF, etc, i dont think its fair to say people are "wasting" poes by not using it for blockades. You cant say a whole ocean is sucky just because not everyone likes to blockade...

Sorry to jump into your"I h8 dis ocean sUCKS! but i stil plai IT!" Thread like this, but why are you arguing for more blockades and the going to let your islands go like that?

Hunter players are a poe sink theirselves because they sink their poe in their pixxelated toilets by sitting on resources waiting for Artemis to open that 1 new large so they can call it a poe sink if one strong Bk drops.

About the part about CC trying to brainstorm about raising blockade activity, if anyone comes up with anything, let me know i would like to pitch in.
[Edit 3 times, last edit by redspyke at Feb 18, 2008 6:25:48 PM]
[Feb 18, 2008 6:10:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dougerarg

How about we create a treaty. Each flag agrees to sign something where every single alliance in hunter drops for a month and any flag can go for any island, but without the help of jobbers from their old alliance.

Stupid idea, but I'd love to see hunter scramble to get all the islands.... like how the eye had planned to just give up their islands so hunter could fight for them.
Scervy of Hunter
Omnis on Sage

Retired YPP player. Miss all my old pals from long ago
[Feb 18, 2008 6:27:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yaypuzzlez

Just what I was thinking. o.O
I am Capberry | Rumbleboy.

Retired.
[Feb 18, 2008 6:29:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
grizzwg

Theres not really much you can do at this point, every island is held by a single chain, If you really want to see more blockade activity, you need to convince people to do it for fun, not profit. The real problem is, the island holding flags dont really believe in giving the attacker a chance, your not going to find a pay or jobber cap here anytime soon. Instead of trying to bully people into more blockades, try to help them see the fun in them, and get the island holders to make it a more even playing field. THATS how your going to get more blockades, not this.
Crabitar

Cleansanchez-Hunter-Slippery When Wet
Wokbok tells ye, "Play nice Dickface"
Ye told Wokbok, "Yes mom."
[Feb 18, 2008 6:32:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Grizzwg    Cabinnaw sux [Link]  Go to top 
Tedestrocter

and no i dont mean Coerced coexistence by this. They actually help brainstorm towards getting hunter more blockade active

How?

Paihia will be given to Barnabas the Pale.

yay

The deeds on Iocane island will be handed out to random greenies

why?
Imnotmexican wrote: 
D) I love you Gene!

R.I.P.- Common Sense

Banned since 18-Jul-2008
Reasons:None TOS (TBP)
[Feb 18, 2008 8:07:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

why?

Because they like to open the door for inexperienced players to get scammed?

I understand you want to create motivation for blockades, but please don't do so at the expense of the ill-informed.
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Feb 18, 2008 8:24:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tedestrocter

why?

I understand you want to create motivation for blockades, but please don't do so at the expense of the ill-informed.

I tought about that too.

I mean really giving them to greenies isen't going to help at all.
Imnotmexican wrote: 
D) I love you Gene!

R.I.P.- Common Sense

Banned since 18-Jul-2008
[Feb 18, 2008 8:44:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
flupa

I'm pretty sure they're taking a " if you don't like it blockade them " approach.
Wazzy
[Feb 18, 2008 8:57:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tedestrocter

I'm pretty sure they're taking a " if you don't like it blockade them " approach.

So the greenies don't like them?

Gene,

confused...
Imnotmexican wrote: 
D) I love you Gene!

R.I.P.- Common Sense

Banned since 18-Jul-2008
[Feb 18, 2008 9:00:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
flupa

Gene,

confused...

No, they're giving the deeds to the greenies to provoke a blockade by angered people, which is a fantastic idea, massive kudos CaX, I hope Hunter gets un-stagnant from this attempt. =)
Wazzy
[Feb 18, 2008 9:02:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

How is Hunter currently stagnated? I'd say that it is dormant rather than stagnated.

For example, flags are not blockading eachother rather than blockading eachother and the same side loses over and over to the other.

That wouldn't be stagnation. Islands don't have to exchange hands, necessarily.

I do also believe this isnt Blockading Pirates.

Others believe it isn't Island Squatting Pirates. You really seem to be covering your silly little bum here, Red. >.>

Anyway, I'm veeeeery interested to see how this one will turn out.
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[Feb 18, 2008 9:04:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tedestrocter

Gene,

confused...

No, they're giving the deeds to the greenies to provoke a blockade by angered people, which is a fantastic idea, massive kudos CaX, I hope Hunter gets un-stagnant from this attempt. =)

so who are the angered people?....
Imnotmexican wrote: 
D) I love you Gene!

R.I.P.- Common Sense

Banned since 18-Jul-2008
[Feb 18, 2008 9:11:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
flupa

I'm sure someone will be annoyed at this attempt by CaX - I hope these greenies try to sell these deeds - and then it keeps going until someone blockades them :D
Wazzy
[Feb 18, 2008 9:14:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nkirbit

One blockade doesn't end stagnation, though. Someone will blockade, and either take the island or lose, and that'll probably be the end of it.

Either that or no one will care enough about it to blockade. That's my guess.

Now, if like, someone were to give the, say, Aimuari palace away, yeah, that could be a big deal. But some outpost in the middle of nowhere? Nahhh.
Endless
[Feb 18, 2008 9:33:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mitmit

Daaaark am I still allowed to blockade one of the island as long as I pay for it? :P

Edit: P.s Dark blockaded the islands I'm sure he can do whatever he wants with them... because apparently I was too greenie to get the islands.
Generic comment.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by mitmit at Feb 18, 2008 9:46:37 PM]
[Feb 18, 2008 9:43:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bluyoshi

why?

The wiki is there for people to use.

Of course there is the likely hood that Dark will tell them that they cannot sell it.

And of course, if you don't like it you know exactly how to rectify it.

To be honest I think it's a good idea. Well the theory is right, just that no one has the balls to cade.
Tiffani Mahalich is a whore :D

She sits on her computer all day to lure in men and fails at suicide :D
[Feb 19, 2008 12:16:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BBK4Life

Theres not really much you can do at this point, every island is held by a single chain, If you really want to see more blockade activity, you need to convince people to do it for fun, not profit. The real problem is, the island holding flags dont really believe in giving the attacker a chance, your not going to find a pay or jobber cap here anytime soon. Instead of trying to bully people into more blockades, try to help them see the fun in them, and get the island holders to make it a more even playing field. THATS how your going to get more blockades, not this.

Oh but dear clean, youve been away for too long.

Actually in the last month we have been having two friendly blockades with both Beyond the Veil and EAC. Both were paycapped. And one was shipcapped

I rather bully people into blockading. We have taken the "friendly" approach for 2 years.

Chapter 1 was capturing allmost every outpost and medium because they didnt get dropped on or contested enough as such.

Hell if Iocane were dropped on by more serious contenders than Slayers Rebellion. I wouldnt have bothered to drop.

On a different note.

Polly, why dont you get your flag to blockade an outpost ?

You have the power and resources as a flag to prevent these greenies from being "scammed".

I dont enjoy the ill informed being scammed, neither will i prevent it and have this ocean laze more.

Go create reasons to blockade with your own mind or watch Cax make fun of the ocean in chapter 3.

Your choice really ^_^
Darksoul
[Feb 19, 2008 12:31:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ivole

I love this idea. :O
Ivole
Death Wish
Eternal Glory
[Feb 19, 2008 1:54:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    I am your conscience. [Link]  Go to top 
randy_chimp

I'd like to add aswell that recently defenders have been giving the attackers a good chance from a resources perspective. As darksoul has pointed out those two friendly blockades had caps, there was no deal on aimuari but that was a situation where both flags saw no interest in raising the pay so it stayed low. Show me at aimuari how coerced killed off its attackers by not giving them a chance through over paying etc?
Dachimpy.com (video tutorials website)
Blockade Simulator
[Feb 19, 2008 2:18:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Musling

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARK!!!
I love you! My little piratelife wasnt fulfilling until I met you <3

Clean wrote: 
If people arent willing to blockade now, what makes you think screwing this much shit up will fix that?

Well personally I dont think it will. At this point I think nothing will. We are tired of the situation - sitting on stupid islands and begging for blockades, occationally having friends come over to make a friendly thing happen. We need to do something new. Now.

Bean wrote: 
I will be intersted in blockading an island now and before you did this!

Pfffftt!! See, this kinda statement makes us all fuzzy and excited and then it just always seem to end up in nothing. So much talk and so little action. Go ahead, blockade us. But please stop talking & couldvewouldveshouldve about it.

Tartoof wrote: 
Where is Chapter 1, just wondering

Maybe Chapter 1 was the one where we wanted to bring more blockades to hunter and we thought "Hmm, instead of talking we should act" leading to us collecting 5 Silly Shining Stamps in our album? And we were never even interested in a collection =(

Shinnj wrote: 
If we choose to blockade that island, who will be coming out to defend it? CaX or that randomly Greenie

Excellent question... well not really. You see, Hunter dosnt drop so it's a philosophical question, one that does not need answering.

Red wrote: 
I do also believe this isnt Blockading Pirates. There are many other aspects in this game that people like to play rather than blockades. Pillaging, poker, spades, SF, etc, i dont think its fair to say people are "wasting" poes by not using it for blockades.

Yeah, I love all sort of other stuff too to be honest but what he's pointing fingers at is not that people like to play spades (well he points fingers at that sometimes too but the fingerpointing in the original post wasnt aimed at this) but rather that quite a few flags & players are sitting on HUGE resources ready to blockade A NEW ISLAND, that sugersweet neonflashing utopia so many huntarians seems so utterly dazzled by. (Why exactly is it we all think Hunter needs a new island btw? What on earth do we need it for?)

Red wrote: 
You cant say a whole ocean is sucky just because not everyone likes to blockade...

Oh? Try us!

Scervy wrote: 
How about we create a treaty. Each flag agrees to sign something where every single alliance in hunter drops for a month and any flag can go for any island, but without the help of jobbers from their old alliance.
Stupid idea, but I'd love to see hunter scramble to get all the islands.... like how the eye had planned to just give up their islands so hunter could fight for them.

I dont really think Hunter would scramble to get the islands you see... I dont really think that the islands owning flags would drop on that many new islands because they are happy with the ones they have. And when other flags dont drop I think it's because it is easier to think "Ahh they are too strong, we wouldnt stand a chance".
I think nothing would happen. That is how disillisioned I have become.

Clean wrote: 
The real problem is, the island holding flags dont really believe in giving the attacker a chance, your not going to find a pay or jobber cap here anytime soon.

PFFFFFFFTTTTT!!!
I have personally offered paycap to people interested in blockading us - aswell as non-sinking. Wich seemed to lead to no result (exept for those friendly blockades mentioned elsewhere in this thread)
We have stated and restated love for blockade and interest in dropping on us, we are paying for the drop, we have a reward on 200 k for taking on of our islands.
If anyone had the urge to drop on our island but held back because "we wouldnt offer paycap" or some other silly practical thing I still call all talk and no action. Next time walk the walk, send a tell to the nice blockadeeager royals in the flag, see if you can get the terms you would like.
For now I am done begging & making deals like that however. It never really amounted to much anyway.

Wobbler wrote: 

QFT

Endless wrote: 
Now, if like, someone were to give the, say, Aimuari palace away, yeah, that could be a big deal.

Ow, nice idea O.O Umm, heh, say Hankie... can I have the deed to the Aim Palace for a few secs plzzzzzz :D <3333333

Timmeh wrote: 
Daaaark am I still allowed to blockade one of the island as long as I pay for it? :P

Ew... blockade?? Maybe you ended in the wrong flag Timmeh?
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo you didnt and you CANT leave, ever, we loooove you toooooo muuuuuch<333

Cuddly Snugly Bluplussie wrote: 
Well the theory is right, just that no one has the balls to cade.

Oh yeah, QFsadbutsuperT <333

My favorite King in the whole wide world wrote: 
We have taken the "friendly" approach for 2 years.

Feels like 2 years anyway...

Ok that was what I came across along reading the thread, I thought I should leave a real, true Ush post in here so I did ;)
Go have fun with everything, I know CaX will do our best to have that.

_
Huggles and snuggles from Ush
Loving Mooooo's from MooBoom.
[Feb 19, 2008 3:04:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yaypuzzlez

Hmmm... Keep talking...

Happy Birthday Dark <3
I am Capberry | Rumbleboy.

Retired.
[Feb 19, 2008 3:44:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 151   Pages: 6   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates