• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 93
Posts: 93   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10754 times and has 92 replies Next Thread
dalnoth

Coerced Coexistence declares intent to do the impossible! (Aimuari island vs Barnabas^24)

Proudly Presents
Aimuari VIII

The Intent Video is, HERE! And it is official, CC will come out full force against barnabas^24 on February 16th.

What:
The most powerful and massive brigand king blockade to date and one of the most intimate blockades hunter ocean has seen. (Read Below)

Where: Hunter ocean, Aimuari Island.

When: February 16th, Jobbing starts at 1:30 pm gametime.
Blockade goes live at 2:30 gametime (PLEASE TRY AND GET THERE EARLY).

JC:'s Helpcc, Sunkiss, Fixy, Luigiofsage.

Pay: 300/segment + sinks/Buoy's and did I mention a dunk tank?(TM)

Raffles: We will have an ongoing raffles where we will be giving away wrapped gifts, We don't know whats in them anymore So dont ask! All we know is we wrapped everything from archelon eggs to new black skulldaggers to sand-dollars in the boxes and they are for the jobbers!Who the hell would want to go to atlantis instead of here?

Live Streaming Broadcast! - That's right! We will be having the Blockade streamed live from the battle room of the Coerced Coexistence Blockade ventrilo Server. You will be able to hear it all AND see it all as we raise arms against the mighty brigand king force! All you have to do is go to this link the day of the blockade: http://www.justin.tv/horror

Contests: Don't miss seat riveting entertainment through justin.tv such as
"Who will win the fight to not go Ocean-side round 1, Dalnoth or Wazzy?"
"Guess how many Grand Frigs Barnabas Deports in the first turn of round one!"
"How long will Shyne and Justsilly's sloop survive on the board?"

We would like to thank everyone in large part for showing your support to the cause these past few days. If not for the overwhelming positive response we got from parties across all oceans we wouldn't be able to put on the show for you all this weekend. All sides of hunter ocean have seemingly come together to try and put barnabas in a hole and we are going to do our damndest to make sure your efforts are not in vein. We ask everyone put politics aside for a week and just come have fun.

I think its really amazing, I have gotten no less than 40 tells a day asking me if we need navers/xo's/stock/help floating/jobber support. I have told them all the same thing. Naving/Xo'n are not going to be what wins this blockade. In order to give our navers/xo's a chance to do their job, we need to the PUZZLERS to show up big. If we dont get 500+ Jobbers this saturday things may get grim. So PLEASE tell your friends, and tell their friends and tell their friends and tell their friends to come puzzle for us. We are live streaming the blockade on a website so you can see the board and puzzle at the same time. It's the MAIN reason why im doing it.
We can't thank you enough for your support for making this the success we anticipate, we treat our jobbers well and I can assure you, you wont be disappointed spending your saturday night with.
I don't think i've ever been this excited to sink at least 30 ships (I predict sink count over 50 - This is known as the Dunk Tank)

Q: How Significant is this attack? We have seen other large ship count blockades before, What makes this different?

A: This is significantly different because other brigand kings don't bring the sheer dominating power barnabas does. Its not uncommon at high power to see him have around 700 Jobbers worth of ships on the board at any given time. That is all Frigates, Grand mainly with War Frigates for Consistancy.
-
Q: I want to help, How do I help?

A: SPREAD THE WORD and Puzzle, Puzzle, Puzzle, Load 3 screens and bilge on all of them. I do 3 bilges during blockades. 3goods on duty report > 1 incred and you make more poes! We need 500+ Jobbers to compete with the force of this attack.
-
Q: What happens if the Brigand Kings win?

A: Aimuari's taxes will be at 100% until we re-attack the next week and try again. Currently taxes on Aimuari are at 0% leading up to the brigand king blockade and if we retain the island it will stay at their normal low rate of 20%
-
Q: Do you really think you can win?

A: Yes we do, we have a plan, we have the talent and we have the fleet. This is all greatly contingent on getting around 600 Jobbers. If jobbers show up big for us we like our chances.

We hope to see everyone of all political affiliation on any oceans show up to help us. If anyone has further questions for us, We can field them here. Thanks everyone and we love you! HAVE FUN THIS SATURDAY AND GET JOBBED
EARLY!

EDIT and APPEND:

If it wasn't extremely clear, CC is interested in running this as an event to try and do what I see as one of the most challenging things in game to date. We have come to the conclusion that it is not in the best interest of CC to defend the island, but want to anyway for fun.
As a gamer with a large scale history (9 years) of looking to push games boundaries and teamwork to their limit, this gives me a new challenge. However, CC will not jeopardize our allies interest so we can have fun. If a drop on any of our allies islands happens during this, we will let Aimuari go and shift to help them. In fact if any other blockades are declared during our window, I think we will shift to help whoever the defender is. We know our chances are slim to none if we have to compete with other blockades.
So please, If you need to drop on somebody this weekend don't do it in the window of 2:30 gametime to 7:30 gametime saturday or this will likely be called off.
Also if anyone decides that they need to interfere with our fun this weekend by taking war ships onto the board to shoot at us, We will pull our ships off the board and make sure the hundreds of jobbers know who did it and why.
----------------------------------------
Dalnoth
Novo tells ye, "Howtie removed me as a manager from her tailor, my wager swordfighting career is over :(."
[Edit 2 times, last edit by dalnoth at Feb 11, 2008 4:21:56 PM]
[Feb 11, 2008 7:25:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://somethingawful.com [Link]  Go to top 
Tedestrocter

Re: Coerced Coexistence declares intent to do the impossible! (Aimuari island vs Barnabas^24)

looks good
Imnotmexican wrote: 
D) I love you Gene!

R.I.P.- Common Sense

Banned since 18-Jul-2008
Reasons:None TOS (TBP)
[Feb 11, 2008 7:45:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randy_chimp

Re: Coerced Coexistence declares intent to do the impossible! (Aimuari island vs Barnabas^24)

Well i love big blockades so you can count on me being there to see how the barny fun works out.
Dachimpy.com (video tutorials website)
Blockade Simulator
[Feb 11, 2008 7:46:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Burninat0r

Best of luck Dalnoth and CC. I'll be there from Sage if possible. =)
Burninator

Very retired. Not coming back.
[Feb 11, 2008 7:55:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shinnj

This is like......Superman VS Doomsday
Shinnj[Hunter Ocean]

Gutsu says:
keeps saying I have won but I've been 10,000th visitor 9 times now...
Gutsu says:
I think it's scam

[Feb 11, 2008 8:04:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Duck_man2000

I'll be there, Unfortunatly i will be on a sloop videoing it hopefully. If not i will job for you....Maybe bring my alt army?

Soul
Soulsearcher

On Obsidian.
[Feb 11, 2008 8:46:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MasterBratac

Excellent. I'll be there.
Masterbratac of Hunter

I would like the world to remember me as the guy who really enjoyed playing games and sharing his knowledge and his fun pastimes with everybody else.
-Gary Gygax, 1938-2008
[Feb 11, 2008 8:47:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TBPOTN7

good luck CC, i might show up with a shippy to draw barny's attention (like i do sometimes with a sloop in BK cades), otherwise ill come puzzle a bit. have fun, but i guess that wont be a problem (for the bnavers not at least :P)
[Feb 11, 2008 8:52:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smackhead

Will be there sailing on 2 or 3 accounts of you guys. :) Good luck!
Smackhead. Hunter.
Wandering from crew to crew.
[Feb 11, 2008 9:48:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

Makes me sad I have 3 appointments that day: Radio host, Church fella and This. And I have to chose between one of the above.

:(
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Feb 11, 2008 1:51:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
redwinej

Makes me sad I have 3 appointments that day: Radio host, Church fella and This. And I have to chose between one of the above.

that is easy this is the obvious choice :)
Redtwo- On every dub ocean

Iron Monger- Holy Foil on Bowditch
[Feb 11, 2008 2:06:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

NOt when you're expecting one of this days to get hired @ the Radio and well... your uncle is the priest of the church ROFL-.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Feb 11, 2008 2:11:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JustSilly

NOt when you're expecting one of this days to get hired @ the Radio and well... your uncle is the priest of the church ROFL-.

Curse you dreams and family ties :P.
JustSilly all oceans
Ex - Kade-crew hopper
[Feb 11, 2008 3:06:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gunnermooch

Great Intent mates, Octo God is on your side!!!
Dalnoth wrote: He was going on an on about some Cybersex with a 13 year old accusation, however I immediately dismissed the claim based on the fact that slimbottom can't even type one whole sentence coherently let alone have cybersex.
[Feb 11, 2008 3:42:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

that... helped... a... lot.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 

[Feb 11, 2008 3:46:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
redwinej

on a side not great to see gunner back and active.... more pimps in the box and less imitating (hint to the new YPP)
Redtwo- On every dub ocean

Iron Monger- Holy Foil on Bowditch
[Feb 11, 2008 3:47:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JustSilly

that... helped... a... lot.

I lov u 2 ?++ family more important so go with your uncle but future 2, and greatest blockade ever hmmm, it is tough quitex go with what your heart tells you is more important in the now :P
JustSilly all oceans
Ex - Kade-crew hopper
[Feb 11, 2008 4:04:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Machetemike

Not really sure why, but I'm really drawn to this blockade. I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun, what with the high payments, BK-related flag control+sinking bonuses, and the raffles. I'll be sure to be there!

Yokomoko writes

Sort your sig out, and please get some sort of forum avatar. My respect for people on this ocean starts with proper sigs and them having an avatar, even a Y!PP made one.

Machetemike of Hunter
[Feb 11, 2008 4:19:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
actreal

Thank you to CC for making a stand for fun, justice and the piratey way.

<3 the encouragement to triple-client, Dal. ;p

I'll be there on at least one screen. :D
Donall of Hunter

[Feb 11, 2008 4:36:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gillie017

As I said in the other thread, EAC will be there jobbing for Coerced Coexistence and if any other help is required, just ask.

A Barney attack of this magnitude promises to be an awesome event. It's a chance for us all to put aside our political affiliations for a weekend and to work together, as an ocean, to help achieve the impossible.

I'll be proud to be a part of an ocean who can put aside political differences for a weekend for a united effort against Barney. Let's make it happen,
If a bird looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's probably a Huntard .
[Feb 11, 2008 5:42:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

And if that doens't happen, we can always take ducky, get her nekked and BBQ her and have a Luau party.
With Barnabas.
;)
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 

[Feb 11, 2008 7:50:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mitmit

I'm happy to send jobbing support for CC if Dark hasn't already promised it and he doesn't spank me for promising it... although I wouldn't mind the spanking.
Generic comment.
[Feb 11, 2008 10:42:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NickScorpio

Thanks for the support everyone. If I'm starting to sound like a broken record, it's only because I know we don't stand a snowball's chance in hell without people putting aside political considerations as so many have done.
Hankscorpio
[Feb 11, 2008 11:08:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MakeContact

Rabidus Canis for Viridian will be sending support and rally up my hearties also.

Good Luck to ye!
Wooden.

Hurly says, "i bend over tables for blockades"
Hurly says, "its the bumper sticker on my sloop"
[Feb 12, 2008 1:47:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pantufa15

Good luck to defend from this BK. At the end dont forget to say how many ships sink =)
Pantufa, Pirates Nations
[Feb 12, 2008 5:57:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mibshubby

I will send out periodic flag broadcasts starting later today to be on line this Saturday and to job with you. Is there a particular pirate that they should send a tell to?
Mibshubby on Hunter, Malachite, & Sage

I have been diagnosed with ADOS - Attention Deficit Oooo Shiney!
[Feb 12, 2008 9:22:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mibshubby [Link]  Go to top 
YokoMoko

May I possibly be the first to suggest a reboot about 2 hours before the blockade? The lag of those bots with all the lag ye are bound to get would make the blockade suck quite a bit methinks.
Yokomoko - Hunter

Cairi wrote:

Think of it as foreplay and look forward to the release

[Feb 12, 2008 9:33:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squiggledee

I will send out periodic flag broadcasts starting later today to be on line this Saturday and to job with you. Is there a particular pirate that they should send a tell to?

Here our the four Job Contacts.

JC:'s Helpcc, Sunkiss, Fixy, Luigiofsage.

Thank you very much for the help everyone. :)
Phyre
Senior Officer of the crew Virtute et Armis
Lady of the flag Coerced Coexistence
Phyre's Movie Studio
[Feb 12, 2008 10:36:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NickScorpio

/e has been setting "Disallow Pets" on all our friggies. I don't know how much help that will be with the expected crush of lag but I reckon it will help some.

We'll also be instructing our XOs to be quick with the hook to anybody that is spamming.
Hankscorpio
[Feb 12, 2008 11:00:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mibshubby

About the lag, wouldn't a periodic /clear help and maybe during the break before the 4th round people could open a new client. Maybe not as good as a reboot but I would think that would help. You could ask people that lagging for them to reboot and then they would be rejobbed.
Mibshubby on Hunter, Malachite, & Sage

I have been diagnosed with ADOS - Attention Deficit Oooo Shiney!
[Feb 12, 2008 1:24:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mibshubby [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 93   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates