• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 577 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Burnt_Water

Hearty cleanup feature by date Reply to this Post

A way to remove hearties automatically;
By specified date. (eg If not logged on for at least # weeks or # months then remove)

Generally intended for people to better manage their hearty list.

Some ways to ensure better hearty records and less accidents with above:
If hearties have not logged on for a specified week or month at least, then place a list of hearties to confirm removal.
Hearty records, a list that can be like mute including adding a reason (I've done this, eg people who job me without asking yet I was in a tournament).

With ever increasing hearty amounts, looking for more possible cleaning up features.
----------------------------------------
Hard and big guide to whack off Brigands
How to make a pirate feel good
[Jan 28, 2008 5:28:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Bored en route? Bring a book or puzzle next time. [Link]  Go to top 
nalle5

Re: Hearty cleanup feature by date Reply to this Post

Absolutly not automatically removal.

Some people who has left game will return - other you might want to keep for sentimental reasons.

Hearties are hearties - as in friends.
If they vanish from the game, you will probably know about it - unless you hearty any random greenie on the docks.
Angara
Midnight

This account is retired and PM's sent here will not be answered
I am now using my Angara account

[Jan 28, 2008 7:33:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Grayside

That sounds like an argument against more hearties.

Edit: Angara, I think he means a system of optional filters and alerts as management tools, not changes to the system itself.

Sometimes I'll look at my non-logged in hearties, and if I see a name I don't recall for a while, I check them. And if its a mere acquaintance that hasn't been online for a long time, I might just delete them.

If I really need to mute my hearty, it means I can't talk to the pirate. If I can't talk to the pirate, why are they on my hearty list?
Firestone, Captain, Mad Tea Party, Cobalt
Gallant, PotD, Midnight

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Grayside at Jan 28, 2008 10:11:51 AM]
[Jan 28, 2008 10:09:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://grayside.org/ypp/mayhem    Tires.Pirate [Link]  Go to top 
celiatr

Not really muting them of sorts. But in your options, you can remove people who you have muted. I see what they are saying as to move them from your big list and add them to 'dormant hearties' list that is under options like the mute. That would work for myself. I hate when I need to remove someone because I need to add another and no room. Keeping a RL book with the ones I removed would be hard to keep track of especially if I travel alot.
Flutie
Midnight Cerulean Ocean

April 1, 2009 on Midnight Ocean [21:22:49] Eurydice broadcasts, "Okay, Flutie, this better be good."

ROMS ~ The Subforum/Dead Thread
[Jan 28, 2008 11:22:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OrisJohnson

Hearties marked as "Top Hearties" could be made exempt from auto-cleanup and made distinct by a special icon in the Hearty List (nothing extravagant - perhaps a shaded heart, or a hat.)

Not everyone on the hearty list is a "friend." Many are simply acquaintances, pillaging contacts or parlor game buddies. Automatically wiping these contacts off your list if they haven't logged on in (user-defined length of time) would be of great benefit for keeping that list clear of duds and freeing up precious space for more networking with active players.
Piracropolis of the Viridian Ocean
[Jan 28, 2008 11:28:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Burnt_Water

It's not an automatic clean up, more like an automatic list provided when you specify dates.

The process goes something like this with 100 hearties;
20 haven't logged on in over a year,
40 haven't logged on in over 6 months,
65 haven't logged on in over a month.

Scenario; You're a pillager who has made many hearty friends and shamefully accepted a few random dock ones but due to the hearty limit, you want to be able to remove some inactive ones to free space for more potential online and active hearties.

If I want to remove hearties who haven't been active for at least a year, then the game provides an automatic list with checkboxes to untick if I don't want to delete that hearty. There's no filter or automatic removal with a button and will have to confirm whether you want to remove such hearties.

More of a convenience thing for those with a lot of hearties.
Hard and big guide to whack off Brigands
How to make a pirate feel good
[Jan 28, 2008 3:42:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Bored en route? Bring a book or puzzle next time. [Link]  Go to top 
SM_Forums

It's not an automatic clean up, more like an automatic list provided when you specify dates.

The process goes something like this with 100 hearties;
20 haven't logged on in over a year,
40 haven't logged on in over 6 months,
65 haven't logged on in over a month.

Scenario; You're a pillager who has made many hearty friends and shamefully accepted a few random dock ones but due to the hearty limit, you want to be able to remove some inactive ones to free space for more potential online and active hearties.

If I want to remove hearties who haven't been active for at least a year, then the game provides an automatic list with checkboxes to untick if I don't want to delete that hearty. There's no filter or automatic removal with a button and will have to confirm whether you want to remove such hearties.

More of a convenience thing for those with a lot of hearties.

Heartily endorse.
Swordmaster on Hunter
Timmeh wrote: 
Life is so depressing with pants on.
Current avatar by Tilinka <3
Taking a break.
[Jan 28, 2008 4:58:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates