• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 929 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
SeattleBrian

Sug: Tourney block enemies Reply to this Post

I don't want enemies of my flag to win the big prize in tourneys I setup, so can we add a block enemy option to tourney setup. This will keep all enemies of the tourney creator from joining the tourney. And I believe it has been suggested already to limit tourney to crew or flag only, but I couldn't find it. And this is different anyway.
[Jun 17, 2004 12:19:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest
Re: Sug: Tourney block enemies Reply to this Post

/me doesn't like when people want to block others from fun communal things.
[Jun 17, 2004 1:10:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
adramolek

SeattleBrian wrote: 
I don't want enemies of my flag to win the big prize in tourneys I setup

Harrr, if this is a problem, maybe it's about time to reconsider what side yer on! >;)
----------------------------------------
The List: Where good suggestions go when they die.
More swords now thx.
CLICKY -> CLICK HERE TO CLAIM YOUR 100000 POE PRIZE! <- CLICKY
[Jun 17, 2004 1:50:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SeattleBrian

These events don't happen for everyone, they end up happening on ships, or in private 1on1 matches, and results recorded on paper. You wouldn't be blocking people from fun events they can do now, because they can't do them now. It just makes it easier for people to do tourneys their way so the tourney organizer has fun. I would think a tourney where people at war with each other battle would foster name calling, taunting others, and generally creating an atmosphere of bad feelings, anger, and resentment.
[Jun 17, 2004 3:47:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ayli

Perhaps an easier solution would be to only put up a smaller prize when you make the tourney, and then manually deliver the big prize to the winners?
[size=10]Ruby: because telling your grandkids how you singlehandedly beat those three light blue brigands just isn't the same
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jesterhead

a better idea again would be tourny boards on grand frigates. sure it means you top out at 150 people but then you can keep whoever you want to out of it.
Pierced, Scared and probably smirking
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ruby_spoon

Tourney boards on grand frigates fix all kinds of things, including this. They're not even limited to 150, if they work like regular tournament boards. You can enter, then go somewhere else entirely and still take part in your matches! (In fact, you can even go to a tailor and pick a good hat from the rack to wear while you do! Intimdate the opposition with something black!)

Even better, this should be coming soonish, since we recall:
[quote:585bb9936e="Nemo"]Grand Frigates will now come with tournament boards.[/quote]Swiftly followed by:
[quote:585bb9936e="Nemo"]Curses. Peghead tells me there is a technical reason this didn't go through when I just added it. He's going to see about making it work, but not for the Big Release.[/quote]
Rubyspoon: [Midnight] BSP, Looterati; [Viridian] OD, Morrowind.
[Jun 17, 2004 7:10:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.juggler.net/tim [Link]  Go to top 
Varthlokkur

What would also be good would be a toggle where you could disable the automatic broadcast.
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean
[Jun 17, 2004 7:36:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
54x

I dunno. Why not just have it still broadcast, but tell you that it's "on a ship?" That way, you can get pestered with tells about it, if you only want it to be semi-private ;)
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Jun 17, 2004 11:30:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Bran

There has been more than one occasion when I've responded to a tournament announcement only to find that some flag only wants their own people to participate.

Perhaps a good option might be to have a "my crew only" or "my flag only" setting on the tournament board for folks who want to run an internal event. The broadcast would then be sent only to the sponsoring crew/flag and only members could join the tourney.
Blackbran
Captain of No Quarter
[Jun 17, 2004 11:41:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.dead-reckoning.org [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Maybe passwording tourneys?
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Jun 17, 2004 11:57:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

Or making it like applying for a job. Whoever starts the tourney has to accept whoever (s)he wants to join.

*edit* of course this would have to be optional, don't want to have to do it for the public tourneys.
[Jun 18, 2004 12:01:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
Adrakyara

There should be a selection to make a tourney inter-crew or inter-flag. The tourney shows up only to people in the crew or flag and if you want some allies to join you can job 'em.

I personally prefer the competition of a broadcast public tourney but there are sometimes when I'm hosting an event for my crew or flag when I would like it if no one outside takes the prize.
Deca, Captain of the Dart Ninjas. Swordfighter and Braggart!
[Jun 18, 2004 12:17:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.turncoat-moon.com/girlnextdoor [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates