• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1320 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
Trypa

How many NPPs are brought aboard for each ship size? Reply to this Post

I know that if I am the only person on a sloop, 4 NPPs will be brought aboard, but that is all I know. How many NPPs are brought aboard for the other ship sizes? I assume they are larger?
----------------------------------------
SO and Purser of the Pirates of Penzance
[Jun 12, 2004 12:27:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Trypa+Likes+Cats [Link]  Go to top 
DIshmael

Re: How many NPPs are brought aboard for each ship size? Reply to this Post

3 for a sloop/cutter
4 for anythin' else.

Give me a sec, I'll see if I can dig up somethin' more official (or official-soundin' at least)
Dunatis
Sage

Once a Knight, Always a Knight. But Once a King is Once too often
[Jun 12, 2004 12:30:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Althalus

Sloop= 3
Cutter= 3

And 4 for everything else.
Ninja-Admin of Tyrs Own.
Sr Officer and Scribe of The Phoenix Warriors.
[Jun 12, 2004 12:30:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://tyr.simplecodes.com/forum    theirvman84    MasterAlthalus [Link]  Go to top 
Trypa

Oh, okay, I was even wrong about the sloop. Thanks.
SO and Purser of the Pirates of Penzance
[Jun 12, 2004 12:32:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Trypa+Likes+Cats [Link]  Go to top 
Quizzical

Next question: how many non-greenies does it take to kick the swabbies off?
There is no "i" in "complex numbers".
[Jun 12, 2004 5:21:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ashebrethafe

Each yellow player (besides the CO) kicks off one swabbie; greenies don't kick off swabbies at all. I'm not sure which category players who are between yellow and green fall into, though.
[Jun 13, 2004 10:41:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DIshmael

Actually, on a cutter the first yellow doesn't kick off any swabbies

On a Brig/higher, I'm still not sure which number started kickin' off swabbies. It was at least 5 though.
Dunatis
Sage

Once a Knight, Always a Knight. But Once a King is Once too often
[Jun 13, 2004 11:37:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ayli

Yellow-green players count as greenies. Also, you need to have some minimum number of people aboard before the swabbies start leaving. For a sloop, the minimum is one (second person kicks off a swabbie), for a cutter it's two (third person kicks off a swabbie). Greenies don't count towards this total, although I'm not sure if you'll still get swabbies if you have 6 greenies on a sloop.
[size=10]Ruby: because telling your grandkids how you singlehandedly beat those three light blue brigands just isn't the same
[Jun 13, 2004 11:39:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pyrax

ayli wrote: 
... although I'm not sure if you'll still get swabbies if you have 6 greenies on a sloop.

6 greenies (with the seventh player aboard being a yellow officer+) means no swabbies, because the sloop is full. The only way to get six greenies on a sloop with you is if they are in your crew, or you hire them manually (because with 3 greenies and 3 swabbies on board, you are no longer allowed to post a jobbing message on the notice boards).

Which leads me to a question, is it possible for the devs to make the 3rd greenie on a sloop kick off one swabbie so you can still hire? Or perhaps instead have the ability to hire as long as the ship has swabbies on board?

Perhaps this should go into game design...
Machiavelli, Senior Officer of Avalon Armada
[Jun 13, 2004 2:28:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

The way I think of kicking off swabbies is that each vessel has a "target number." The swabbies will stay to make up this target number, but once there would be more swabbies than the target number, they start leaving. So the sloop's target is 4, and the cutter's is 5. I can't remember the War Brig's number, but it is somewhere around 10 or 12, I think.
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Jun 13, 2004 3:49:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
WhoIsYou

A War Brig is 10, and a War Frigate is 20 or 22.
WhoIsYou
- Scurviest dog in the sea (Could ye spare an orange?)
[Jun 13, 2004 11:09:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates