• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 19
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5665 times and has 18 replies Next Thread
CraftingProj

Round 2 Feedback for Redband

This thread is for feedback on the GCPP Redband puzzle. We will collect feedback for two weeks (until September 2nd).

How to Play

Play now! (Game Gardens game - you will need to log in, and have the Java plug-in. Don't use the "play in applet" link)

Please try to share your thoughts on these areas:
  • How easy was it to learn to play?
  • What is the addiction factor? Do you have to force yourself to play it a few more times in order to give decent feedback, or does it tempt you to keep playing when you have other things to do? (or somewhere in the middle)
  • Separate from the addiction, is playing the game fun?
  • Does the analogy work for a crafting puzzle?
  • Approximately how long does it take you to play a typical game? Does this time feel too long, too short, or about right?
  • Which level or settings did you find to be the most fun?
  • What is your favorite part of the game?
  • If you played enough to get good at this game, will it provide a challenge for Ult level players?
Please concentrate on whether the game is fun to play, and not on the quality of graphics, animations, sounds, etc. If this game is chosen for YPP, we will add all that.

Do not post suggestions for improvement to this thread. Those should go here instead.
[Aug 19, 2007 5:59:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
eguee

Re: Round 2 Feedback for Redband

I'm back with more first- post stealingness!

A: I didn't even need to read the instructions.
  • What is the addiction factor? Do you have to force yourself to play it a few more times in order to give decent feedback, or does it tempt you to keep playing when you have other things to do? (or somewhere in the middle)
    A: I got pretty bored of it after a while, but I still play it when there's no pilly going on.
    A: It's mostly fun except for the times I have to hammer a key to make a piece fall in the extreme right or left.
    A: It definately works.
  • Approximately how long does it take you to play a typical game? Does this time feel too long, too short, or about right?
    A: It feels just right to me.
    A: I don't think you can even set any settings.
    A:I like the part of the game where I set my Vegas crashing down.
  • If you played enough to get good at this game, will it provide a challenge for Ult level players?
    A: Honestly, I don't think so.
    ----------------------------------------
    Everyone spells my
    name incorrectly, it's a
    g, and not a q.
    You wrote: 
    equee

Rightontime on Viridian
  • [Aug 19, 2007 6:07:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    I luv HWFO [Link]  Go to top 
    Mad_Man320

Q: How easy was it to learn
    A: Very, I read the instructions to learn more about it, but I wouldn't have needed to to play it.
    Q: What is the addiction factor? Do you have to force yourself to play it a few more times in order to give decent feedback, or does it tempt you to keep playing when you have other things to do? (or somewhere in the middle)
    A: Very high. I was playing it for a loooooong time.
    Q: Separate from the addiction, is playing the game fun?
    A: Same as equee- I found it fun, but hammering the keyboard wasn't really...
    Q: Does the analogy work for a crafting puzzle?
    A :I think it works. Alot of people say it is a bit too fast tempo for a crafting puzzle, but I think it's great.
    Q: Approximately how long does it take you to play a typical game? Does this time feel too long, too short, or about right?
    A: It takes me about 4 or 5 minutes to complete each board, and to provide expert labour you need to complete 3. The time it takes to complete one board feels right, but the time it takes to provide higher labour than basic seems too long.
    Q: Which level or settings did you find to be the most fun?
    A: There was only one level, and although they showed 8 pieces on the Wiki thread, there were only 5 or 6 on GameGardens.
    Q: What is your favorite part of the game?
    A: Uhm...All of it? :P
    Q: If you played enough to get good at this game, will it provide a challenge for Ult level players?
    A: I can see myself getting Ult as i get constant Increds. The puzzle is challenging for everyone to complete, but with just 5 or 6 pieces it isnt as hard as other puzzles out.
    Killr of Viridian
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by Mad_Man320 at Aug 19, 2007 12:39:11 PM]
    [Aug 19, 2007 12:32:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    kia3

How easy was it to learn to play?
    Very easy.

What is the addiction factor? Do you have to force yourself to play it a few more times in order to give decent feedback, or does it tempt you to keep playing when you have other things to do? (or somewhere in the middle)
    Very addictive. I didn't want to stop.

Separate from the addiction, is playing the game fun?
    Yes.

Does the analogy work for a crafting puzzle?
    Yep.

Approximately how long does it take you to play a typical game? Does this time feel too long, too short, or about right?
    I didn't see how to end it. LOL!

Which level or settings did you find to be the most fun?
    This one will grow with you... easy levels to start, then harder levels will be more fun later on when skills increase.

What is your favorite part of the game?
    Setting up chains of blocks that all break together.

If you played enough to get good at this game, will it provide a challenge for Ult level players?
    Yes it will.

Please concentrate on whether the game is fun to play, and not on the quality of graphics, animations, sounds, etc. If this game is chosen for YPP, we will add all that.
    It's lots of fun to play.
    [Aug 20, 2007 5:47:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    russell11114

Q.How easy was it to learn to play?

A.Very easy once i'd read the instructions

Q.What is the addiction factor? Do you have to force yourself to play it a few more times in order to give decent feedback, or does it tempt you to keep playing when you have other things to do? (or somewhere in the middle)

A.I didn't have to force myself but i wouldn't play it much
    Q.Separate from the addiction, is playing the game fun?

A.It was fun for it's type,it's very similar to SF which i don't like.I did think it was more fun than SF though.

Q.Does the analogy work for a crafting puzzle?

A.The analogy worked but the game style didn't realy,it felt more like a duty puzzle.

Q.Approximately how long does it take you to play a typical game? Does this time feel too long, too short, or about right?

A.I haven't timed myself,i would say about 4-5 minutes but i think it took too long.the game time seemed to resolve around when I got the needle not how well i was playing

Q.Which level or settings did you find to be the most fun?

A.There are difficulty settings?Where?

Q.What is your favorite part of the game?

A.Um...playing it?

Q.If you played enough to get good at this game, will it provide a challenge for Ult level players?

A.No idea,i never play long enough too get ultimate. ;-)
    why do signs never say wet paint?

The eye sees all! It is always watching...
    [Aug 20, 2007 7:35:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Fiddler

* How easy was it to learn to play?
    Very easy.

* What is the addiction factor? Do you have to force yourself to play it a few more times in order to give decent feedback, or does it tempt you to keep playing when you have other things to do? (or somewhere in the middle)
    Not addicting in the slightest.

* Separate from the addiction, is playing the game fun?
    No. It's frustrating and annoying.

* Does the analogy work for a crafting puzzle?
    Not really. For construction, maybe, but definitely not for tailoring. It might make a good foraging puzzle.

* Approximately how long does it take you to play a typical game? Does this time feel too long, too short, or about right?
    I haven't finished a game yet. I let one game go, untouched, for over an hour and it never quite reached the top. I watched one random arrangement clear off as a Vegas^3.

* Which level or settings did you find to be the most fun?
    N/A

* What is your favorite part of the game?
    When I closed the window.

* If you played enough to get good at this game, will it provide a challenge for Ult level players?
    I can't see how it would. There are already several "Drop a piece into a box and connect them" games in Puzzle Pirates. Sailors and swordfighters in particular will find this simple.
    Orsino, Viridian ocean
    Forum-mute: your best friend
    Whitewyvern wrote: 
    The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Aug 20, 2007 8:39:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
    kierra214

Very easy to learn. The only confusing thing was what the green orbs do.

What is the addiction factor? Do you have to force yourself to play it a few more times in order to give decent feedback, or does it tempt you to keep playing when you have other things to do? (or somewhere in the middle)
    Had to force myself to play. Just isn't a very compelling or interesting puzzle.

Not really. Sailing and swordfighting have similar mechanics and are much more fun.

About as well as shipwrightery does. You could probably change the pictures to furniture items, switch the needle with a nail, and it could just as easily be a furnishing puzzle.

Approximately how long does it take you to play a typical game? Does this time feel too long, too short, or about right?
    Varies widely. Sometimes you get the pieces you need to finish early, other times you don't. I prefer that the puzzles have a set finish condition rather than having to wait for the random piece generator to like you.

There only is one level

The graphics are very pretty.

If you played enough to get good at this game, will it provide a challenge for Ult level players?
    Not sure how, since they haven't implemented the level progression yet.
    Magrat
    SO of Polish War Fog
    Viridian
    [Aug 21, 2007 4:17:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    rixation

Very easy.

* What is the addiction factor?
    Medium-high. It's a great time-killer.

Yes.

Kinda. The puzzle itself doesn't, but the graphics associated with it can make it fit...which I think is the philosophy used in the shipwrightery puzzle in YPP anyway.

* Approximately how long does it take you to play a typical game? Does this time feel too long, too short, or about right?
    This is the downside that needs fixing. The end-game takes too long to reach currently.

n/a

Special pieces wiping out half the screen

* If you played enough to get good at this game, will it provide a challenge for Ult level players?
    If sailing and swordfighting are challenging, then this would be too, since it's the same type of puzzle, just with a new twist.
    Epimetheus
    Retired

[Aug 21, 2007 5:07:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Truvie

Not difficult

* What is the addiction factor? Do you have to force yourself to play it a few more times in order to give decent feedback, or does it tempt you to keep playing when you have other things to do? (or somewhere in the middle)

I don't think I would play it addictively. It seems slow

Not particularly, it takes a long time and gets sort of boring

It could be swordfighting if it didn't have clothing items on the pieces

Felt like it took a week to play a game...actually took over half an hour. I feel that players who are renewing shop labor will find it tedious to the nth

After the length of the game I played, I wasn't in the least interested in looking for other levels or settings

doubt it
    Truvie

Captain of Steel Magnolias
    Queen of Liberty Hull
    Cerulean

Holding a grudge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. It hurts you a lot more than it hurts them.
    [Aug 22, 2007 1:09:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    tcarr

my 2 poe on Redband:

Clearly there are some people who really like this game. Redband is currently #5 on the Most Popular board on Game Gardens.

I personally don't enjoy playing it. It feels more like an arcade game than a puzzle game. I have never yet managed to clear even a single board much less three of them, even when I forced myself to continue playing for 20 minutes.
    LordKalvan of Otherwhen, all oceans but mostly Midnight
    [Aug 25, 2007 10:11:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Benzene265

The controls are so easy, a blonde could do it. >.> I've only ever cleared a board once, though.

I could play it for a couple blockade rounds. (It feels like a duty puzzle)

Yes.

Not really. It'd work for loading ships or stocking a warehouse (for the real micro-managers) or maybe a new "Harpoon the Titan" puzzle. >.>

I wouldn't know, never having finished one....

It only has one level, which I think could be a bit faster. The number of pieces feels right, though.

Making large combos. I can now reliably do doubles, but managed a few triples without accidentally setting off a lower layer.

Yes, someday, the elusive Reband Vegas would be mine. Ha.
    A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
    Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
  • [Aug 25, 2007 10:54:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
    Cledford

Couldn't have been any easier. Game is rather Tetris-like so controls were pretty intuitive

Being Tetris-like I'd say it was pretty high.

As long as you don't have to try and wedge pieces into the far corner to complete your block. Then it gets annoying.

No. Definitely not. The closest thing I can think of in a tailor's shop this would simulate would be fitting the clothes. And I think the main reason that came to mind was the choice of background graphics. It's a quality puzzle that could use a place in this game. Just not in the task it's asked to simulate.

No time issues. Plays smooth and flows.

All that I tried

The needles. I love the needles. They are very versatile pieces. They can be a useful board redemption tool if you misplace a couple pieces and can also guide you to scoring multiples if placed well when the board starts to fill.

Absolutely. I can see many if not all of the classic Tetris strategies working here as well.
    [Aug 25, 2007 11:44:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    actreal

The basic gameplay is quite easy to work out, but some of the bonus blocks were non-intuitive, particularly the Needle. A quickstart or tips would improve this sufficiently though.

* What is the addiction factor? Do you have to force yourself to play it a few more times in order to give decent feedback, or does it tempt you to keep playing when you have other things to do?
    If the game had a set end point, instead of going on forever, I could see this being sufficiently addictive to make me replay it a few times. As it is now, I found myself wishing the game would end so I could do something else.

It is quite fun initially, but you are very much at the whim of the random pieces - more so than any other crafting puzzle. This becomes frustrating, particularly when you have lost interest in making big combos and just want to finish the game.

The analogy is very weak, and it doesn't feel like a crafting puzzle. It feels like a duty puzzle for which the playtime has been lengthened to pretend to be a crafting puzzle.

Too long, unless I got the exact pieces to finish the game quickly, in which case I presume it would be too short.

There were no settings, although a YPP implemented version could easily make the game harder or easier by changing the number of types of pieces, the speed at which they fall or having a non-random generation of pieces.

* What is your favourite part of the game?
    When I had finally finished the board I was on and could stop playing.

I don't think so. Ultimate Swordfighters will quickly determine an optimal strategy (similar to an SF insta) which they will apply to every game. Luck will then determine the size of their Incred.
    Donall of Hunter

[Aug 25, 2007 11:32:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Patetch

The concept itself is pretty easy as most falling block games are. The bonus pieces and some other game mechanics were a little difficult to sort out.

This has a low addiction factor for me. It would be the kind of game that I could play if I had to but it wouldn't be my first pick.

The diamond shape gives it enough of a difference that it is fun, but it can be quite frustrating as well.

Not really, to me a crafting puzzle should be more about strategy than speed. I could see this game implemented elsewhere in YPP but not really at a shoppe.

Much too long - I always end up quitting before managing to finish a game.

n/a

The board being on an angle makes it interesting.

I am undecided but I don't really think so at this point. It seems like it would become rather rote long before ultimate as there are not many choices or different strategies.

Pletoo of Sage
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by Patetch at Sep 4, 2007 1:42:00 AM]
    [Aug 28, 2007 2:17:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Cloverwood

First off, feel free to read my previous feedback on redband, as it still applies...

Well, the general mechanics are pretty easy to figure out.

I don't like this game. The goal of clearing the screen, let alone 3 seems nearly impossible - otherwise it's too similar to Swordfighting for my tastes.

At the basic level of sorting clothes, yes - but it's pretty weak.

Where's that infinity symbol?Clearing the board takes forever, and that was before I had to worry about the obstacles...Which level or settings did you find to be the most fun?N/A - there are no settings to adjust. And knowing that blanks become more frequent as you go on just scares me...

When I click the 'go back to lobby' button to stop playing.

If you play enough to get good at this game? I'm guessing not.
    TheRunt (Cerulean)
    [Aug 28, 2007 3:20:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Plundercat

Extremely easy.

It was fun at first but got boring pretty fast. Low addiction.

A little fun but not a lot.

Not for tailoring. Maybe for Apoth but you've already got a pipes variation for that. (I love that so don't change it!!)

I don't know how long a game takes. I cleared my first board pretty fast but after 30 minutes when I never cleared another I decided it was buggy and I quit.

I wasn't about to try it again. I have things to do!

Nothing. I didn't like it.

Unless there are obstacles or more icons, I seriously doubt it.
    [Aug 31, 2007 4:13:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    BehindCurtai

General thoughts: More frustrating than anything else.

Depends. If "Play" means build and make matches, that's easy to do. If "Play" means "Learn how to clear a board", that's nearly impossible. I could not figure that out at all.

Zero. I quit in the middle of the first board -- it was impossible to clear.

Not really.

Interesting. Can't really say. You're not building a patch of cloth, so much as sorting blocks. Not really "weaving".

Wait -- this is supposed to be tailoring??? What?

Other thoughts:
    More than anything, even more than SF, this is a twitch game.
    - You cannot actually get anything into the far left / far right corners (the gravity drop rate is too high).
    - As soon as a piece moves to the left/right edges, you lose all control (you cannot move it back into the middle)
    - The "needle" will destroy a lot of blocks, but cannot actually work along the edge row (it is considered to have run into the wall, even if you are trying to move it close, but not quite, at the edge).
    "We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
    Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Sep 1, 2007 12:29:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
    CashCarStar

Basic mechanics: really easy. Bonuses and their relevancy: A little nonintuitive as their falling, but quick enough once you have a few.
      I was forcing myself through one session
      Not really. This felt like a cell phone game... something to play only because you're really, really bored.
      Not really
      It seemed to just go on forever so I closed the window
      The background screen is very nice.
      I couldn't build combos... as soon as I got up to a double, the random piece generator would pretty much ruin me. Did NOT like the needle crashing through my work. This game just didn't lend itself to being played in a complex, thoughtful way.

Festrunk - Viridian
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by CashCarStar at Sep 1, 2007 11:06:51 PM]
    [Sep 1, 2007 11:06:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Patetch

Here is a summary of the answers to the questions asked by CraftingProj:
    List of contributors (listed in the same order as the comments)

• eguee
  • Mad Man320
  • kia3
  • russell11114
  • Fiddler (Orsino of Viridian)
  • kierra214 (Magrat of Viridian)
  • rixation (Epimetheus of Cobalt)
  • Truvie (Truvie of Midnight)
  • Benzene265 (Rhodin of Viridian)
  • Cledford
  • actreal (Donall of Hunter)
  • Patetch (Pletoo of Sage)
  • Cloverwood (TheRunt of Cobalt)
  • Plundercat
  • BehindCurtai
  • CashCarStar (Festrunk on Viridian, among other names)

• I didn't even need to read the instructions.
  • Very, I read the instructions to learn more about it, but I wouldn't have needed to to play it.
  • Very easy.
  • Very easy once i'd read the instructions
  • Very easy.
  • Very easy to learn. The only confusing thing was what the green orbs do.
  • Very easy.
  • Not difficult
  • The controls are so easy, a blonde could do it. >.> I've only ever cleared a board once, though.
  • Couldn't have been any easier. Game is rather Tetris-like so controls were pretty intuitive
  • The basic gameplay is quite easy to work out, but some of the bonus blocks were non-intuitive, particularly the Needle. A quickstart or tips would improve this sufficiently though.
  • The concept itself is pretty easy as most falling block games are. The bonus pieces and some other game mechanics were a little difficult to sort out.
  • Well, the general mechanics are pretty easy to figure out.
  • Extremely easy.
  • Depends. If "Play" means build and make matches, that's easy to do. If "Play" means "Learn how to clear a board", that's nearly impossible. I could not figure that out at all.
  • Basic mechanics: really easy. Bonuses and their relevancy: A little nonintuitive as their falling, but quick enough once you have a few.

• I got pretty bored of it after a while, but I still play it when there's no pilly going on.
  • Very high. I was playing it for a loooooong time.
  • Very addictive. I didn't want to stop.
  • I didn't have to force myself but i wouldn't play it much
  • Not addicting in the slightest.
  • Had to force myself to play. Just isn't a very compelling or interesting puzzle.
  • Medium-high. It's a great time-killer.
  • I don't think I would play it addictively. It seems slow
  • I could play it for a couple blockade rounds. (It feels like a duty puzzle)
  • Being Tetris-like I'd say it was pretty high.
  • If the game had a set end point, instead of going on forever, I could see this being sufficiently addictive to make me replay it a few times. As it is now, I found myself wishing the game would end so I could do something else.
  • This has a low addiction factor for me. It would be the kind of game that I could play if I had to but it wouldn't be my first pick.
  • I don't like this game. The goal of clearing the screen, let alone 3 seems nearly impossible - otherwise it's too similar to Swordfighting for my tastes.
  • It was fun at first but got boring pretty fast. Low addiction.
  • Zero. I quit in the middle of the first board -- it was impossible to clear.
  • I was forcing myself through one session

• It's mostly fun except for the times I have to hammer a key to make a piece fall in the extreme right or left.
  • Same as equee- I found it fun, but hammering the keyboard wasn't really...
  • Yes.
  • It was fun for it's type,it's very similar to SF which i don't like.I did think it was more fun than SF though.
  • No. It's frustrating and annoying.
  • Not really. Sailing and swordfighting have similar mechanics and are much more fun.
  • Yes.
  • Not particularly, it takes a long time and gets sort of boring
  • Yes.
  • As long as you don't have to try and wedge pieces into the far corner to complete your block. Then it gets annoying.
  • It is quite fun initially, but you are very much at the whim of the random pieces - more so than any other crafting puzzle. This becomes frustrating, particularly when you have lost interest in making big combos and just want to finish the game.
  • The diamond shape gives it enough of a difference that it is fun, but it can be quite frustrating as well.
  • ---
  • A little fun but not a lot.
  • Not really.
  • Not really. This felt like a cell phone game... something to play only because you're really, really bored.

• It definately works.
  • I think it works. Alot of people say it is a bit too fast tempo for a crafting puzzle, but I think it's great.
  • Yep.
  • The analogy worked but the game style didn't realy,it felt more like a duty puzzle.
  • Not really. For construction, maybe, but definitely not for tailoring. It might make a good foraging puzzle.
  • About as well as shipwrightery does. You could probably change the pictures to furniture items, switch the needle with a nail, and it could just as easily be a furnishing puzzle.
  • Kinda. The puzzle itself doesn't, but the graphics associated with it can make it fit...which I think is the philosophy used in the shipwrightery puzzle in YPP anyway.
  • It could be swordfighting if it didn't have clothing items on the pieces
  • Not really. It'd work for loading ships or stocking a warehouse (for the real micro-managers) or maybe a new "Harpoon the Titan" puzzle. >.>
  • No. Definitely not. The closest thing I can think of in a tailor's shop this would simulate would be fitting the clothes. And I think the main reason that came to mind was the choice of background graphics. It's a quality puzzle that could use a place in this game. Just not in the task it's asked to simulate.
  • The analogy is very weak, and it doesn't feel like a crafting puzzle. It feels like a duty puzzle for which the playtime has been lengthened to pretend to be a crafting puzzle.
  • Not really, to me a crafting puzzle should be more about strategy than speed. I could see this game implemented elsewhere in YPP but not really at a shoppe
  • At the basic level of sorting clothes, yes - but it's pretty weak.
  • Not for tailoring. Maybe for Apoth but you've already got a pipes variation for that. (I love that so don't change it!!)
  • Interesting. Can't really say. You're not building a patch of cloth, so much as sorting blocks. Not really "weaving". Wait -- this is supposed to be tailoring??? What?
  • Not really

• It feels just right to me.
  • It takes me about 4 or 5 minutes to complete each board, and to provide expert labour you need to complete 3. The time it takes to complete one board feels right, but the time it takes to provide higher labour than basic seems too long.
  • I didn't see how to end it. LOL!
  • I haven't timed myself,i would say about 4-5 minutes but i think it took too long.the game time seemed to resolve around when I got the needle not how well i was playing
  • I haven't finished a game yet. I let one game go, untouched, for over an hour and it never quite reached the top. I watched one random arrangement clear off as a Vegas^3.
  • Varies widely. Sometimes you get the pieces you need to finish early, other times you don't. I prefer that the puzzles have a set finish condition rather than having to wait for the random piece generator to like you.
  • This is the downside that needs fixing. The end-game takes too long to reach currently.
  • Felt like it took a week to play a game...actually took over half an hour. I feel that players who are renewing shop labor will find it tedious to the nth
  • I wouldn't know, never having finished one....
  • No time issues. Plays smooth and flows.
  • Too long, unless I got the exact pieces to finish the game quickly, in which case I presume it would be too short.
  • Much too long - I always end up quitting before managing to finish a game.
  • Where's that infinity symbol?Clearing the board takes forever, and that was before I had to worry about the obstacles...Which level or settings did you find to be the most fun?N/A - there are no settings to adjust. And knowing that blanks become more frequent as you go on just scares me...
  • I don't know how long a game takes. I cleared my first board pretty fast but after 30 minutes when I never cleared another I decided it was buggy and I quit.
  • ---
  • It seemed to just go on forever so I closed the window

• I don't think you can even set any settings.
  • There was only one level, and although they showed 8 pieces on the Wiki thread, there were only 5 or 6 on GameGardens.
  • This one will grow with you... easy levels to start, then harder levels will be more fun later on when skills increase.
  • There are difficulty settings?Where?
  • N/A
  • There only is one level
  • n/a
  • After the length of the game I played, I wasn't in the least interested in looking for other levels or settings
  • It only has one level, which I think could be a bit faster. The number of pieces feels right, though.
  • All that I tried
  • There were no settings, although a YPP implemented version could easily make the game harder or easier by changing the number of types of pieces, the speed at which they fall or having a non-random generation of pieces.
  • n/a
  • ---
  • I wasn't about to try it again. I have things to do!
  • ---
  • ---

• I like the part of the game where I set my Vegas crashing down.
  • Uhm...All of it? :P
  • Setting up chains of blocks that all break together.
  • Um...playing it?
  • When I closed the window.
  • The graphics are very pretty.
  • Special pieces wiping out half the screen
  • ---
  • Making large combos. I can now reliably do doubles, but managed a few triples without accidentally setting off a lower layer
  • The needles. I love the needles. They are very versatile pieces. They can be a useful board redemption tool if you misplace a couple pieces and can also guide you to scoring multiples if placed well when the board starts to fill.
  • When I had finally finished the board I was on and could stop playing.
  • The board being on an angle makes it interesting
  • When I click the 'go back to lobby' button to stop playing.
  • Nothing. I didn't like it.
  • ---
  • The background screen is very nice.

• Honestly, I don't think so.
  • I can see myself getting Ult as i get constant Increds. The puzzle is challenging for everyone to complete, but with just 5 or 6 pieces it isnt as hard as other puzzles out.
  • Yes it will.
  • No idea,i never play long enough too get ultimate. ;-)
  • I can't see how it would. There are already several "Drop a piece into a box and connect them" games in Puzzle Pirates. Sailors and swordfighters in particular will find this simple.
  • Not sure how, since they haven't implemented the level progression yet.
  • If sailing and swordfighting are challenging, then this would be too, since it's the same type of puzzle, just with a new twist.
  • doubt it
  • Yes, someday, the elusive Reband Vegas would be mine. Ha.
  • Absolutely. I can see many if not all of the classic Tetris strategies working here as well.
  • I don't think so. Ultimate Swordfighters will quickly determine an optimal strategy (similar to an SF insta) which they will apply to every game. Luck will then determine the size of their Incred.
  • I am undecided but I don't really think so at this point. It seems like it would become rather rote long before ultimate as there are not many choices or different strategies.
  • If you play enough to get good at this game? I'm guessing not.
  • Unless there are obstacles or more icons, I seriously doubt it.
  • ---
  • I couldn't build combos... as soon as I got up to a double, the random piece generator would pretty much ruin me. Did NOT like the needle crashing through my work. This game just didn't lend itself to being played in a complex, thoughtful way

• ----------------------------------------
    Pletoo of Sage
    [Sep 4, 2007 1:58:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates