• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 22
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6663 times and has 21 replies Next Thread
CraftingProj

Round 2 Feedback for Loosejaw

This thread is for feedback on the GCPP Loosejaw puzzle. We will collect feedback for two weeks (until September 2nd).

Play now! (Flash - your browser will need a Flash plug-in)

Please try to share your thoughts on these areas:
  • How easy was it to learn to play?
  • What is the addiction factor? Do you have to force yourself to play it a few more times in order to give decent feedback, or does it tempt you to keep playing when you have other things to do? (or somewhere in the middle)
  • Separate from the addiction, is playing the game fun?
  • Does the analogy work for a crafting puzzle?
  • Approximately how long does it take you to play a typical game? Does this time feel too long, too short, or about right?
  • Which level or settings did you find to be the most fun?
  • What is your favorite part of the game?
  • If you played enough to get good at this game, will it provide a challenge for Ult level players?
Please concentrate on whether the game is fun to play, and not on the quality of graphics, animations, sounds, etc. If this game is chosen for YPP, we will add all that.

Do not post suggestions for improvement to this thread. Those should go here instead.
[Aug 19, 2007 5:48:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lorenith

Re: Round 2 Feedback for Loosejaw

* How easy was it to learn to play?

I caught on quickly enough, the special pieces puzzled me for a while, wasn't sure what to do with them.

* What is the addiction factor? Do you have to force yourself to play it a few more times in order to give decent feedback, or does it tempt you to keep playing when you have other things to do? (or somewhere in the middle)

It has a decent addiction factor, some little nitpicks in general game play makes me want to just quit playing though because its frustrating.

* Separate from the addiction, is playing the game fun?

Yes

* Does the analogy work for a crafting puzzle?

Yes

* Approximately how long does it take you to play a typical game? Does this time feel too long, too short, or about right?

Takes a bit too long

* Which level or settings did you find to be the most fun?

Slowest speed, 6-7 blocks

* What is your favorite part of the game?

Building up the shapes

* If you played enough to get good at this game, will it provide a challenge for Ult level players?

Possibly, I'm not really sure.
----------------------------------------
Lorenith-Sage
[Aug 19, 2007 4:18:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://lorenith.deviantart.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
kia3

How easy was it to learn to play?
Easy except for the fabric blocks. It took a while to figure out how to eliminate them.

What is the addiction factor? Do you have to force yourself to play it a few more times in order to give decent feedback, or does it tempt you to keep playing when you have other things to do? (or somewhere in the middle)
Very addictive!

Separate from the addiction, is playing the game fun?
Very fun.

Does the analogy work for a crafting puzzle?
Yes. Absolutely.

Approximately how long does it take you to play a typical game? Does this time feel too long, too short, or about right?
About 8 1/2 minutes. Just about right.

Which level or settings did you find to be the most fun? More advanced ones after I learned the basics.

What is your favorite part of the game?
Eliminating fabrics. I like how the blocks fly to the sides. It's fast-moving and enjoyable to play.

If you played enough to get good at this game, will it provide a challenge for Ult level players?
Please concentrate on whether the game is fun to play, and not on the quality of graphics, animations, sounds, etc. If this game is chosen for YPP, we will add all that.
Yep.
[Aug 20, 2007 6:33:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
russell11114

Q.How easy was it to learn to play?

A.Very,I didn't even need the instructions

Q.What is the addiction factor? Do you have to force yourself to play it a few more times in order to give decent feedback, or does it tempt you to keep playing when you have other things to do? (or somewhere in the middle)

A.High,I only meant to play 1 game.but I must have played for at least 30 minutes saying, just 1 more go!

Q.Separate from the addiction, is playing the game fun?

A.I like it a lot,it's immensly fun.

Q.Does the analogy work for a crafting puzzle?

A.yes

Q.Approximately how long does it take you to play a typical game? Does this time feel too long, too short, or about right?

A.About right, possibly slightly too long 20 peices might be better

Q.Which level or settings did you find to be the most fun?

A.Topish speed,3/4 peices per shape, 4/5 colours

Q.What is your favorite part of the game?

A.When the conveyer gets too fast too handle.Panic!Panic!

Q.If you played enough to get good at this game, will it provide a challenge for Ult level players?

A.Probably,that convyer can go pretty fast,with big shapes and lots of colours,even an ult would struggle to keep up. ;-)
why do signs never say wet paint?

The eye sees all! It is always watching...
[Aug 20, 2007 7:47:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

Pretty simple

* What is the addiction factor? Do you have to force yourself to play it a few more times in order to give decent feedback, or does it tempt you to keep playing when you have other things to do? (or somewhere in the middle)
I've gone back to it a few times, but it's not quite my cup of tea.

Sort of, yeah.

Definitely.

* Approximately how long does it take you to play a typical game? Does this time feel too long, too short, or about right?
About five or six minutes. It feels like it should go by faster, but adjusting the speed makes it too fast

Four colors, five piece furniture.

Creating a huge stack and clearing it all the way down to the bottom.

* If you played enough to get good at this game, will it provide a challenge for Ult level players?
I think so. The combination of increasing furniture size and different colors should be enough to provide added challenge.
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Aug 20, 2007 8:40:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
rixation

Very easy.

* What is the addiction factor?
Forced myself to keep playing after about the 5th board.

Not particularly. There's no logic involved, it's just a matter of moving blocks to similar colors and clicking really fast...

Not really. It's a bit too similar to carpentry, and more than 3/4 of the furniture items aren't made of wood...

With the conveyor speed at default, about 8 minutes, which is definitely too long. I consistently felt as though I was waiting for pieces. With it moved almost all the way to "fast", about 3 minutes, which was still pretty simple to handle.

Fast conveyor, 6 piece sets, 6 colors.

---

Not really. After only 15 minutes of experience, I could easily finish the board at the second-most difficult settings.
Epimetheus
Retired

[Edit 1 times, last edit by rixation at Aug 22, 2007 7:41:47 AM]
[Aug 21, 2007 5:44:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kierra214

Very easy

I'd say moderately addictive, 5 out of 10.

Yes

The analogy is pretty good for furnishing.

About 10 minutes, which feels about right to me.

The default speed, 5 colors, 5 piece furniture.

Getting HWFO

Yes. I think there's room for more strategy to optimize scores at the higher level (sorting based on both color and size so that smaller pieces can be removed first as an example).
Magrat
SO of Polish War Fog
Viridian
[Aug 21, 2007 6:05:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Marelain

Fairly easy - easier than any of the others I've played so far.

What is the addiction factor? Do you have to force yourself to play it a few more times in order to give decent feedback, or does it tempt you to keep playing when you have other things to do? (or somewhere in the middle)
I had to force myself to stop. Heh.

Most definitely! My favourite game yet.

I think it does - unless you want to get nit-picky for the graphic content.

Approximately how long does it take you to play a typical game? Does this time feel too long, too short, or about right?
About right, or too short. But that's probably because I'm enjoying it. Heh.

Which level or settings did you find to be the most fun?
Just below middle speed, 3 or 4 pieces per item, 4 or 5 pieces.

Fitting things in the best way to get the best score possible. :)

If you played enough to get good at this game, will it provide a challenge for Ult level players?
If the settings were managed right, it might be.
--- no longer Carsomyr ---
[Aug 22, 2007 1:14:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Truvie

Not difficult

It reminds me too much of the carp puzzle on ships and I can't do that to save my life.

I suspect for folks who love carp it will be fun

yes

maybe 7 minutes...so timing isn't too dreadful

I struggled with the lowest levels and didn't exactly have fun doing them

Game over?

Probably, as I say, folks who love carp are gonna be ecstatic
Truvie

Captain of Steel Magnolias
Queen of Liberty Hull
Cerulean

Holding a grudge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. It hurts you a lot more than it hurts them.
[Aug 22, 2007 1:54:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Latchhook

Very, very easy. A+

Somewhere in the middle, I guess! I find I have to force myself to play crafting puzzles over and over again anyhow.

Yes

I think so...

Well it could go on for forever, no? If the conveyer belt speeds up the longer you play, that may give it an interesting twist.

I like things slow, so I won't really comment

The controls! I've had a little trouble using the hammer a few times, and I made a few mistakes during my combo's and I think an "unselect" option (maybe right clicking?) would be awesome.

If the conveyer is on full speed, yes!
Liue on Sage
[Aug 22, 2007 5:30:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
actreal

It is fairly easy to work out how to play. The quickstart is vague on exactly what you need to do to clear pieces.

* What is the addiction factor? Do you have to force yourself to play it a few more times in order to give decent feedback, or does it tempt you to keep playing when you have other things to do?
It is quite addictive. Straight after finishing a game, I want to give it another go.

It is a fun puzzle, and quite different to those already in Y!PP. It has been improved markedly in the latest version by the ability to hammer non-adjacent blocks to clear a group.

Yes, it has quite a good analogy for furnishing.

It takes me about 7 or 8 minutes to play, less if the conveyor belt speed is faster. This seems about right although it could be a little shorter - perhaps 20 pieces to complete a game rather than 25.

I found 4 or 5 colours and 5 blocks with the conveyor speed in the middle to be the most fun. Not too easy, and not too hard to get decent combos.

* What is your favourite part of the game?
My favourite part is sliding together large combos at the start.

By increasing colors and conveyor speed, it should be possible to make Bingos and Vegases difficult even for the best players, keeping the challenge up for Ultimate players.
Donall of Hunter

[Aug 23, 2007 3:58:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

my 2 poe on Loosejaw:

I found it easy to learn how to play at a Basic type level. I really don't like feeling rushed, so please please don't speed up that conveyor belt! Space bar advances it, which should be good enough for those who want speed.

I finally mastered more complicated combos (HWFO!!!) when setting up the logic puzzle for the Loosejaw round of Logical Crafting. I don't find it addictive, but it is interesting.

IMO this puzzle is a good choice for YPP crafting, but I wish the analogy could be a bit stronger.
LordKalvan of Otherwhen, all oceans but mostly Midnight
[Aug 25, 2007 9:51:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

Very easy.

• What is the addiction factor? Do you have to force yourself to play it a few more times in order to give decent feedback, or does it tempt you to keep playing when you have other things to do? (or somewhere in the middle)
    It's not that addicting.

Sort of. The default settings are too easy.

Yes.

• Approximately how long does it take you to play a typical game? Does this time feel too long, too short, or about right?
    5 minutes and it feels a little long.

I liked it best with 5 colors, furni size 7, and a medium-speed conveyor belt.

It'd probably be easy to grind a few alts to renowned. >.>

• If you played enough to get good at this game, will it provide a challenge for Ult level players?
    Maybe. The board gets crowded fast when you have everything maxed. >.>
    A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
    Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
  • [Aug 25, 2007 10:17:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
    Cledford

Pretty much.

I'd say there is decent addiction potential here. I don't come into it absolutely positively having to play it now. But there is definitely a flow to this game that allows for players to get into a groove and want to keep going.

Sure. Especially when it's time to pull out the hammer and start nailing patterns together. When you can bounce to multiple patterns and nail them together, that's fun

Somewhat. But at the same time something bothers me about this as a furnishing puzzle. Maybe just dressing up the graphics will resolve the issue for me. But it feels like the patterns we create are too random to resemble furniture. Part of me feels like there should be blueprints we're working towards a la Mackeral in addition to the game elements we have here.

Time's not a issue. Feels like a very comfortable pace for gaming.

All that I played

As noted above, picking up the hammer and nailing completed sections together. That's when you get rewarded for your effort with points.

Sure. More shapes, more grains, more pieces required to complete larger items. I could see great potential for making this challenging as levels rise.
    [Aug 25, 2007 11:11:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    quattro

Very easy to learn
    Not that addictive
    The puzzle in fun once you get going
    Yes
    Don't keep time
    Letting pieces pile up and then trying to make as many things as I could
    [Aug 27, 2007 7:21:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Cloverwood

Pretty easy.

What is the addiction factor? Do you have to force yourself to play it a few more times in order to give decent feedback, or does it tempt you to keep playing when you have other things to do?
    It's pretty straight forward to play, but there's nothing really there to hook me - it's a bit too straight forward...

Meh...It's something to do.

Technically. But, the way it works seems rather hap-hazard for furniture building. Other than having to sift the color of the wood, there doesn't seem to be much "crafting" involved in the process. Yeah, just grab some wood and nail it together - call it good.

While I know it was short, the lack of immersion into the task made it seem longer than I wanted.

I didn't bother adjusting the settings - I didn't think it would help my enjoyment.

Pounding the pieces into "furniture".

Not without some changes to it's current form.
    TheRunt (Cerulean)
    [Aug 27, 2007 11:32:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    joythompson

how easy ?

fairly at slow speed .

addiction factor?

I think it could be as you might want to see just how quick and how many blocks you can create

was it fun?

yes

how long did it take?

the first time at slow it took 9 mins to finish, with me wondering if it was actually set to end or did i have to stop when i got fed up.( which i didn't by the way )

level settings ?

medium speed was a bit more challenging

fast was too fast for a learner lol.

favourite part?

scoring a bingo in the first game i tried

would it challange ultimates?
    Maybe but like all puzzles, ultimates seem to be ultimate in any puzzle ringers release, and i wish i knew how they did it !!!!

rondell midnight
    [Aug 28, 2007 12:24:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Patetch

It was very easy for me to learn this game.

I usually only play one game at a time but I come back to it frequently. I would log on just to play this game when the mood hit.

Definitely.

It suits furnishing quite well, if we think of it as sorting wood to prepare for building. For me the speed determines how much of a crafting puzzle feel it has. There is a lot of starategy involved unless the conveyor is going too fast then I spend more time reacting than planning.

Game time is pretty good.

I usually play the default settings with a slower conveyor belt speed, but I really enjoy the challenge of multilple settings.

I like the strategy involved in placing the pieces to maximize the combo.

I think so. The variety in settings requires enough differences in strategy that I think it will be challenging enough. I would prefer higher levels have changes in piece numbers, sizes, and types rather than increased speed.

Pletoo of Sage
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by Patetch at Sep 4, 2007 2:41:05 AM]
    [Aug 28, 2007 2:09:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Plundercat

Pretty easy. The special pieces were confusing. I'm still not sure what the red ones are.

Extremely addictive. I had to be reminded I was going to fix lunch "after this puzzle is done" (five or so later)

Yes! I loved this one. A progressively speeding up belt would be cool.

Absolutely.

I didn't time it but it seemed about right.

Played the default only.

Sorting the wood.

I think so!
    [Aug 31, 2007 3:56:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    BehindCurtai

I like this.
      Control are non-intuitive. Once I learned how the pieces moved (do NOT try to drag -- click, then release, then move the mouse) it was straight forward.

It kept me playing. I finally realized that it didn't seem to have an ending. Or if it does, it's way too long.

Yes.

Yes.

Maybe add in target patterns, rather than just a fixed number of touching blocks.

As I said, the game didn't seem to actually end. Too long.

"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
    Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Sep 1, 2007 1:30:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
    CashCarStar

I had more general comments in the other thread, including a suggestion on how to build a sense of progression to the puzzle, but I figure it would be helpful to break down my feedback into these bits as well.
      Easy to learn to play
      Moderately high, but missing a sense of progression throughout the puzzle
      Once I got the idea, yes
      Absolutely
      A minor minor bit longer than I'd like. 25 pieces is a lot with a slow conveyor. But considering the answer to the next question:
      I liked lots of colors, five-piece pieces, and a slower conveyor. I enjoyed a bit of dnav-style piece walking/rearranging, which you can't do if it's moving too fast
      Building large combos. I found the bonus pieces not really fun. To provide a reference to alchem: the quicksilver is fun, because it changes the gameplay, but the coin is not fun, because it's just a random bonus.
      Ults? Not sure. But I feel high intermediates, Grand-Masters and such, will enjoy the challenge still. It scales somewhat.

Festrunk - Viridian
    [Edit 2 times, last edit by CashCarStar at Sep 1, 2007 10:36:22 PM]
    [Sep 1, 2007 10:31:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Patetch

Here is a summary of the answers to the questions asked by CraftingProj:
    List of contributors (listed in the same order as the comments)

• Lorenith
  • kia3
  • russell11114
  • Fiddler (Orsino of Viridian)
  • Rixation (Epimetheus of Cobalt)
  • kierra214 (Magrat of Viridian)
  • Marelain
  • Truvie (Truvie of Midnight)
  • Latchhook (Liue of Sage)
  • actreal (Donall of Hunter)
  • Benzene265 (Rhodin of Viridian)
  • Cledford
  • quattro
  • Cloverwood (TheRunt of Cobalt)
  • joythompson (Rondell of Midnight)
  • Patetch (Pletoo of Sage)
  • Plundercat
  • BehindCurtai
  • CashCarStar (Festrunk of Viridian + multiple names)

• I caught on quickly enough, the special pieces puzzled me for a while, wasn't sure what to do with them.
  • Easy except for the fabric blocks. It took a while to figure out how to eliminate them.
  • Very,I didn't even need the instructions
  • Pretty simple
  • Very easy.
  • Very easy
  • Fairly easy - easier than any of the others I've played so far.
  • Not difficult
  • Very, very easy. A+
  • It is fairly easy to work out how to play. The quickstart is vague on exactly what you need to do to clear pieces
  • Very easy.
  • Pretty much.
  • Very easy to learn
  • Pretty easy.
  • fairly at slow speed .
  • It was very easy for me to learn this game.
  • Pretty easy. The special pieces were confusing. I'm still not sure what the red ones are.
  • Control are non-intuitive. Once I learned how the pieces moved (do NOT try to drag -- click, then release, then move the mouse) it was straight forward.
  • Easy to learn to play

• It has a decent addiction factor, some little nitpicks in general game play makes me want to just quit playing though because its frustrating.
  • Very addictive!
  • High,I only meant to play 1 game.but I must have played for at least 30 minutes saying, just 1 more go!
  • I've gone back to it a few times, but it's not quite my cup of tea.
  • Forced myself to keep playing after about the 5th board.
  • I'd say moderately addictive, 5 out of 10.
  • I had to force myself to stop. Heh.
  • It reminds me too much of the carp puzzle on ships and I can't do that to save my life.
  • Somewhere in the middle, I guess! I find I have to force myself to play crafting puzzles over and over again anyhow.
  • It is quite addictive. Straight after finishing a game, I want to give it another go.
  • It's not that addicting.
  • I'd say there is decent addiction potential here. I don't come into it absolutely positively having to play it now. But there is definitely a flow to this game that allows for players to get into a groove and want to keep going.
  • Not that addictive
  • It's pretty straight forward to play, but there's nothing really there to hook me - it's a bit too straight forward...
  • I think it could be as you might want to see just how quick and how many blocks you can create
  • I usually only play one game at a time but I come back to it frequently. I would log on just to play this game when the mood hit.
  • Extremely addictive. I had to be reminded I was going to fix lunch "after this puzzle is done" (five or so later)
  • It kept me playing. I finally realized that it didn't seem to have an ending. Or if it does, it's way too long.
  • Moderately high, but missing a sense of progression throughout the puzzle

• Yes
  • Very fun.
  • I like it a lot,it's immensly fun
  • Sort of, yeah.
  • Not particularly. There's no logic involved, it's just a matter of moving blocks to similar colors and clicking really fast...
  • Yes
  • Most definitely! My favourite game yet.
  • I suspect for folks who love carp it will be fun
  • Yes
  • It is a fun puzzle, and quite different to those already in Y!PP. It has been improved markedly in the latest version by the ability to hammer non-adjacent blocks to clear a group.
  • Sort of. The default settings are too easy.
  • Sure. Especially when it's time to pull out the hammer and start nailing patterns together. When you can bounce to multiple patterns and nail them together, that's fun
  • The puzzle in fun once you get going
  • Meh...It's something to do.
  • yes
  • Definitely.
  • Yes! I loved this one. A progressively speeding up belt would be cool.
  • Yes.
  • Once I got the idea, yes

• Yes
  • Yes. Absolutely.
  • yes
  • Definitely.
  • Not really. It's a bit too similar to carpentry, and more than 3/4 of the furniture items aren't made of wood...
  • The analogy is pretty good for furnishing.
  • I think it does - unless you want to get nit-picky for the graphic content.
  • yes
  • I think so...
  • Yes, it has quite a good analogy for furnishing.
  • Yes.
  • Somewhat. But at the same time something bothers me about this as a furnishing puzzle. Maybe just dressing up the graphics will resolve the issue for me. But it feels like the patterns we create are too random to resemble furniture. Part of me feels like there should be blueprints we're working towards a la Mackeral in addition to the game elements we have here.
  • Yes
  • Technically. But, the way it works seems rather hap-hazard for furniture building. Other than having to sift the color of the wood, there doesn't seem to be much "crafting" involved in the process. Yeah, just grab some wood and nail it together - call it good.
  • ---
  • It suits furnishing quite well, if we think of it as sorting wood to prepare for building. For me the speed determines how much of a crafting puzzle feel it has. There is a lot of starategy involved unless the conveyor is going too fast then I spend more time reacting than planning.
  • Absolutely.
  • Yes.Maybe add in target patterns, rather than just a fixed number of touching blocks.
  • Absolutely

• Takes a bit too long
  • About 8 1/2 minutes. Just about right.
  • About right, possibly slightly too long 20 peices might be better
  • About five or six minutes. It feels like it should go by faster, but adjusting the speed makes it too fast
  • With the conveyor speed at default, about 8 minutes, which is definitely too long. I consistently felt as though I was waiting for pieces. With it moved almost all the way to "fast", about 3 minutes, which was still pretty simple to handle.
  • About 10 minutes, which feels about right to me.
  • About right, or too short. But that's probably because I'm enjoying it. Heh.
  • maybe 7 minutes...so timing isn't too dreadful
  • Well it could go on for forever, no? If the conveyer belt speeds up the longer you play, that may give it an interesting twist.
  • It takes me about 7 or 8 minutes to play, less if the conveyor belt speed is faster. This seems about right although it could be a little shorter - perhaps 20 pieces to complete a game rather than 25.
  • 5 minutes and it feels a little long.
  • Time's not a issue. Feels like a very comfortable pace for gaming.
  • Don't keep time
  • While I know it was short, the lack of immersion into the task made it seem longer than I wanted.
  • the first time at slow it took 9 mins to finish, with me wondering if it was actually set to end or did i have to stop when i got fed up.( which i didn't by the way )
  • Game time is pretty good
  • I didn't time it but it seemed about right.
  • As I said, the game didn't seem to actually end. Too long.
  • A minor minor bit longer than I'd like. 25 pieces is a lot with a slow conveyor. But considering the answer to the next question:

• Slowest speed, 6-7 blocks
  • More advanced ones after I learned the basics.
  • Topish speed,3/4 peices per shape, 4/5 colours
  • Four colors, five piece furniture.
  • Fast conveyor, 6 piece sets, 6 colors.
  • The default speed, 5 colors, 5 piece furniture.
  • Just below middle speed, 3 or 4 pieces per item, 4 or 5 pieces.
  • I struggled with the lowest levels and didn't exactly have fun doing them
  • I like things slow, so I won't really comment
  • I found 4 or 5 colours and 5 blocks with the conveyor speed in the middle to be the most fun. Not too easy, and not too hard to get decent combos.
  • I liked it best with 5 colors, furni size 7, and a medium-speed conveyor belt.
  • All that I played
  • ---
  • I didn't bother adjusting the settings - I didn't think it would help my enjoyment.
  • medium speed was a bit more challenging, fast was too fast for a learner lol.
  • I usually play the default settings with a slower conveyor belt speed, but I really enjoy the challenge of multilple settings
  • Played the default only.
  • ---
  • I liked lots of colors, five-piece pieces, and a slower conveyor. I enjoyed a bit of dnav-style piece walking/rearranging, which you can't do if it's moving too fast

• Building up the shapes
  • Eliminating fabrics. I like how the blocks fly to the sides. It's fast-moving and enjoyable to play.
  • When the conveyer gets too fast too handle.Panic!Panic!
  • Creating a huge stack and clearing it all the way down to the bottom.
  • ---
  • Getting HWFO
  • Fitting things in the best way to get the best score possible. :)
  • Game over?
  • The controls! I've had a little trouble using the hammer a few times, and I made a few mistakes during my combo's and I think an "unselect" option (maybe right clicking?) would be awesome.
  • My favourite part is sliding together large combos at the start.
  • It'd probably be easy to grind a few alts to renowned. >.>
  • As noted above, picking up the hammer and nailing completed sections together. That's when you get rewarded for your effort with points.
  • Letting pieces pile up and then trying to make as many things as I could
  • Pounding the pieces into "furniture".
  • scoring a bingo in the first game i tried
  • I like the strategy involved in placing the pieces to maximize the combo
  • Sorting the wood.
  • ---
  • Building large combos. I found the bonus pieces not really fun. To provide a reference to alchem: the quicksilver is fun, because it changes the gameplay, but the coin is not fun, because it's just a random bonus.

• Possibly, I'm not really sure.
  • Yep.
  • Probably,that convyer can go pretty fast,with big shapes and lots of colours,even an ult would struggle to keep up. ;-)
  • I think so. The combination of increasing furniture size and different colors should be enough to provide added challenge.
  • Not really. After only 15 minutes of experience, I could easily finish the board at the second-most difficult settings.
  • Yes. I think there's room for more strategy to optimize scores at the higher level (sorting based on both color and size so that smaller pieces can be removed first as an example).
  • If the settings were managed right, it might be.
  • Probably, as I say, folks who love carp are gonna be ecstatic
  • If the conveyer is on full speed, yes!
  • By increasing colors and conveyor speed, it should be possible to make Bingos and Vegases difficult even for the best players, keeping the challenge up for Ultimate players.
  • Maybe. The board gets crowded fast when you have everything maxed. >.>
  • Sure. More shapes, more grains, more pieces required to complete larger items. I could see great potential for making this challenging as levels rise.
  • ---
  • Not without some changes to it's current form.
  • Maybe but like all puzzles, ultimates seem to be ultimate in any puzzle ringers release, and i wish i knew how they did it !!!
  • I think so. The variety in settings requires enough differences in strategy that I think it will be challenging enough. I would prefer higher levels have changes in piece numbers, sizes, and types rather than increased speed.
  • I think so!
  • ---
  • Ults? Not sure. But I feel high intermediates, Grand-Masters and such, will enjoy the challenge still. It scales somewhat.

• ----------------------------------------
    Pletoo of Sage
    [Sep 4, 2007 2:58:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates