• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 722 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Fossaman

Reboot warnings Reply to this Post

Is there some way that we could have some advanced in-game warning for reboots? I know that it's listed on the forums, but typically I'd rather be [I]playing[/I] puzzle pirates than reading about it, so I don't always check them. For the last three updates in a row, I've had a pillage out, one or two battles in when the whistle came. It's getting really, really old.

So, just a little warning in the crew issues, or even, ideally, on the welcome page, would be nice.
----------------------------------------
Fossaman on the Viridian Ocean, SO of Still of the Night.

Rhodin wrote: 
I'm sure they'd also argue that you couldn't properly cantilever a gun deck over the hood of a giant mutant nautilus, too.

[Jul 17, 2007 2:18:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Re: Reboot warnings Reply to this Post

Are you looking for a reboot pending message upon login?

Faulkston,
querying
[Jul 17, 2007 8:44:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

If you spend 30-45 minutes loading a brig, then you are out for one battle and in the middle of battle #2 that first 30 minute warning sounds - there won't be any more battles. After you finish that one you have to port.

It's happened to me, with "bug fix" releases. I've learned to not start any pillages the night of a major release.
LordKalvan of Otherwhen, all oceans but mostly Midnight
[Jul 18, 2007 3:49:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
qwpzxjor1

It was funny when Barbarians first came out.

People were loading brigs and frigs to go and find their first barbarian, as soon as they left port after 15 minutes of loading the reboot warning came up.

The general reboots have always been in some sort of routine. We used to make sure we were online when they were due for commod running. Critical bug fixes are more unpredictable though. As LK said, just avoid pillaging after a major release.
Whitewyvern wrote: 
For every American who mispells "Favour" and "Colour", there is a textspeak child abusing the letter U to balance things out.

[Jul 18, 2007 4:04:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mads0001

It's happened to me, with "bug fix" releases. I've learned to not start any pillages the night week of a major release.

Fixed ;)

It's happened to me so many times... So frustrating...

Must be worse when it hits automated familiar tournaments though, especially when you're in the finals and waiting for a semi between 2 people you usually beat.
rachaelj wrote: 

"your standing in patronising has gone up and is now respected in your archipelago"
spelling corrected by Mads(tm) :P
[Jul 18, 2007 5:14:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates