• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 16
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1166 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
lovedaisy

Store ranks Reply to this Post

I think there should be store ranks
the ranks are in order

Employee gets paid by the hour and 6% for every item sold there can only be 2 pirates working in one stall. They are picked by the owner. The owner can promote a employee to become a manager. They can get fired

Manager gets paid by the hour and 12% for every item sold. they can only be a manager when they are promoted. only one manager can be in one stall. all the managers from the stalls in one store vote who they want to represent them. they can not vote for themselves.

Owner gets paid 18% for every item sold he picks the employees and the manager. he can make himself a employee to get paid 24% but he can not make himself a manager. the owner is in charge of his stall

Shoppe manager gets paid 13% from every stall in one store he represents the store. there can only be one from each store. hey represent the store at a meeting

District manager gets paid 14% from all the stalls on one island
International manager gets paid 15% from all the islands from a group like all the cobalts islands
World manager gets paid 16% from every island group

A employee works in a store from there the owner picks a employee and makes them a manager. all the managers from one store pick a shoppe manager. all the shops that sell the same stuff pick a district manager. all the islands pick a international manager all of the international managers pick a world manager i will post how it works later
----------------------------------------
Cleite your friedliest pirate
[Edit 2 times, last edit by lovedaisy at Jul 17, 2007 8:10:37 PM]
[Jul 17, 2007 1:47:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joris

Re: Store ranks Reply to this Post

Is this like a "scam multiple people at a time" button?
Belgica
Teh Poke faktor candidate 07/07
[Jul 17, 2007 1:52:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Diver_Down

And this would gain us... what?
Hildebrand of Silent Fools on Sage
Hilarion the labour alt on other doubloon oceans
[Jul 17, 2007 2:53:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

Remember to vote for the Labor Alt Party!

As <insert title>, I, <Alt> promise to make the oceans <skin color>er and <hair color>er and to promote fair wages that will pay for your labor badges. <Ocean>'s economy needs a strong leader. Vote for me, <Alt>.

Message approved by the Rhodin for Everything campaign.
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[Jul 17, 2007 4:00:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

This sounds like a pyramid scheme.... those are illegal here in Australia, don't know about the rest of the countries that play.
Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[Jul 17, 2007 4:41:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Illegal this side of the water too.

What would be the point anyway? Wouldn't everyone just choose to be their own manager?
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Jul 17, 2007 4:43:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DreadedChris

Won't work. Has no relation to how shopkeeping actually works or the existing roles. Adds nothing to the game.

But, you know, if the OMs want to implement it, go right ahead. I wouldn't mind being one of the first wave in a new pyramid scheme. Free Poez!

Oh, and Sweetie, typically in such a scheme, once you have so many people under you, you are automatically promoted. And since you can only enter at the ground level, anyone joining after the first has to be under someone.

And it's not illegal to simulate a pyramid scheme in a game. It's only illegal with real money.
~< The Dread Pirate Chris >~
[Edit 2 times, last edit by DreadedChris at Jul 17, 2007 4:50:17 PM]
[Jul 17, 2007 4:47:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sashamorning

Sasha Rae holds up her sign...

~Sasha
Sashamorning - Fiery-haired, fiery-tempered, 100% me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shakespeare wrote: 
This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.

[Jul 17, 2007 5:25:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
emerson

This would be an accounting nightmare.
Cleaver shouts, "I lub this island."
Personally I think that TITS are a technique if they are used less than once every three moves. Any more than that, and you're just waving your exploits in their faces. - Flamer
[Edit 1 times, last edit by emerson at Jul 18, 2007 1:09:03 AM]
[Jul 18, 2007 1:08:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
qwpzxjor1

And, as said, is illegal in many of the countries playing this game.

Argument ends there really.

It's just an added bonus that it's a terrible idea anyway.
Whitewyvern wrote: 
For every American who mispells "Favour" and "Colour", there is a textspeak child abusing the letter U to balance things out.

[Jul 18, 2007 3:34:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chupchup

Re: Shoppe ranks Reply to this Post

I heartily endorse a system of ranking shoppes, but with a completely different set of capabilities. It would work similarly to crew/flag fame and standings. Also, a shoppe "info page" on the yoweb would be great... then I can hang my portrait in it... hee hee.
Being able to manage all shoppes in a group at once is something many of us long for, but that is on a similar priority to meta-managing fleets of ships...
The pirate formerly known as Ljamethyst.

I think the Sublime trophy is a happy idea. Sublime is to be celebrated.

[Jul 18, 2007 5:10:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ice.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Ljamethyst [Link]  Go to top 
tlz_allen

Sasha Rae holds up her sign...

~Sasha

ROFL! Now THAT was damn funny!

Maybe a ranking system that, as a shoppe or stal is more successful, they can have added throughput in their production? Not a lot, but some.

It could kind of be like the Restaurant Ranking that already exists.
TlzAllen
Captain, The Dawntreaders
[Edit 1 times, last edit by tlz_allen at Jul 18, 2007 8:34:55 AM]
[Jul 18, 2007 8:31:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tlz_allen2 [Link]  Go to top 
Varthlokkur

There are older suggestions towards tying the ability to have a larger shop to act skill/experience in shop running, but they faltered on trying to come up with measures of skill that weren't easily gameable.

You could do experience, but again, getting a meaningful stat is questionable.
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean
[Jul 18, 2007 10:03:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
tlz_allen

There are older suggestions towards tying the ability to have a larger shop to act skill/experience in shop running, but they faltered on trying to come up with measures of skill that weren't easily gameable.

You could do experience, but again, getting a meaningful stat is questionable.

Hmmm.... so what if the staff of a shoppe/stall was treated like a crew? SO that the more/better they puzzled the better their 'fame' rating, just like regualr crews? Wouldn't that work, or would that become a coding nightmare? I can see where it might.
TlzAllen
Captain, The Dawntreaders
[Edit 1 times, last edit by tlz_allen at Jul 18, 2007 2:17:54 PM]
[Jul 18, 2007 2:17:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tlz_allen2 [Link]  Go to top 
emerson

What would more fame get you, though?
Cleaver shouts, "I lub this island."
Personally I think that TITS are a technique if they are used less than once every three moves. Any more than that, and you're just waving your exploits in their faces. - Flamer
[Jul 18, 2007 4:00:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KingofGreen

If that was the case, I'd be a whole lot richer. Only one problem. Read the posts above, it's illegal. XD
Greenking of the Midnight Ocean
Captain of the Stray Foxes
King of the flag Dawn of the Ash Fox

Collecting 'Sawfish' ships.

Cronus says, "I still want a /win button."
Cronus says, "Ooo or a /asplode"

[Nov 13, 2007 5:30:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates