• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 50
Posts: 50   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8790 times and has 49 replies Next Thread
Fujiko

Extra point in Sapphire? Hidden routes? Reply to this Post

This is from the Midnight chart thread in the Bazaar, but here seemed like a much more appropriate place to ask about it. This is from a post by TheWeasel (sorry, I can't get the name to show up in bold:)

I have memorized every chart that currently exists, plus Alpha-Winter Solstice and one extra point in the Sapphire arch.

To what is he referring when he says 'one extra point in the Sapphire arch'? Where is it?

Are there any other extra routes/points that people know of, other than Alpha/Winter, that cannot currently be bought or pillaged?
----------------------------------------
Fujiko on Cerulean.
WTB: Mako ships, penguins, Neerie's prize-winning egg (a card suits one,) more of Greylady's sixth prize-winning eggs (the penguin one.)
[Mar 29, 2004 11:31:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

Re: Extra point in Sapphire? Hidden routes? Reply to this Post

In our flag forum, one of our officers just posted a screen cap of his ship 'off the map.' Somehow, he ended up at an 'invalid' league point. I have guesses as to how the map works internally, and I imagine that if you're lucky, you could memorize the point if you were naving.

atteSmythe,
speculating once again

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Mar 30, 2004 2:19:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
Jothmar

Has this happened anywhere else or only in Sapphire... and are the two points the same?
Kelyon Hawk of Fidelis Bellum
[Mar 30, 2004 3:03:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sarterixa

I'd be interested in a screenshot of this "extra point" in Sapphire.
Sart
Senior Officer of Black Death
[Mar 30, 2004 3:06:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

Jothmar wrote: 
Has this happened anywhere else or only in Sapphire... and are the two points the same?

The incident of which I speak was not in Sapphire.

atteSmythe,
decidedly circumspect

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Mar 30, 2004 3:07:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
Fujiko

I'd be interested in a screenshot of this "extra point" in Sapphire.

I'd like to see it as well.

Heck, he's offering to teach it. If I had Sapphire memmed, I'd probably pay the price for one point. "You got an extra point? Ok. Teach me." (TheWeasel? You here?)
Fujiko on Cerulean.
WTB: Mako ships, penguins, Neerie's prize-winning egg (a card suits one,) more of Greylady's sixth prize-winning eggs (the penguin one.)
[Mar 30, 2004 4:18:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IcabobFreely

my wife was stick in a loop one night.... 3 points south from turtle she veered off the route to go 2 points toward the byrne area. She naved it 4 times and was attacked 4 times fer league while in there, but I haven't seen it happen since.
Icabob of The Midnight Sun
And remember...
When you're having a really bad day, it takes 42 muscles to frown and only 4 muscles to extend your finger and flip them off.
[Mar 30, 2004 7:14:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    IcaTheBadOne [Link]  Go to top 
TheWeasel

Ahoy! TheWeasel here... pirate name Zallandra...

I learned the "extra point" during the time when a bunch of extra charts existed, including Alpha-Winter Solstice and a whole slew of Sapphire charts.

I figure it must have come from a Remora - Verdant or Beta - Horseshoe Crabs chart.
Zallandra
Captain of The Flying Cows
Owner of Troy Swords on Cnossos Island
Princess of The Infidels
I offer free Memorization Assisstance for the entire ocean.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by TheWeasel at Apr 3, 2004 1:30:46 AM]
[Apr 3, 2004 1:30:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

That's from Horseshoe Crabs-Beta. It's noted as deleted in the latest version of my map :)
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Apr 3, 2004 6:14:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Fujiko

Nifty!

Thanks for your help.

Anyone else have a point on that map, or any of the other Sapphire points? Somebody must....
Fujiko on Cerulean.
[Apr 6, 2004 4:56:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CrazyMorg

IcabobFreely wrote: 
my wife was stick in a loop one night.... 3 points south from turtle she veered off the route to go 2 points toward the byrne area. She naved it 4 times and was attacked 4 times fer league while in there, but I haven't seen it happen since.

i too before have oddly gone way off course, the boat just kind of slowly turned
[Apr 6, 2004 5:55:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
quiglin

Dipping into the rum too much, are we?
either that, or
get the alignment checked on your sloop...
[Apr 6, 2004 5:59:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.quiglin.com    bquiglin    bquiglin [Link]  Go to top 
Willturna

I have always wonder if there was a hidden island somewhere in Midnight. Not likely, but something for me to think about all day.
Willturna, Senior Officer in Fun House
[Apr 6, 2004 11:52:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

There's always those lost archipelagos... ;)

My map's been updated, and now all those "dead" routes show at 50% opacity. Note that the only dead route I have fully memmed is alpha-winter, so I can't personally help you. I think however that perhaps a couple of the earlier full-ocean-memmers could.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Apr 9, 2004 3:42:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Jothmar

Willturna wrote: 
I have always wonder if there was a hidden island somewhere in Midnight. Not likely, but something for me to think about all day.

Well some times when you do a /who on a dev or OM you get
so you never know.
Kelyon Hawk of Fidelis Bellum
[Apr 10, 2004 5:40:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lallaria

Jothmar wrote: 
Willturna wrote: 

so you never know.

Have you ever tried /vwho Secret ?
Lallaria
[size=10]Retired
[Apr 10, 2004 6:37:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Lallaria [Link]  Go to top 
Garthor

Lallaria wrote: 
Jothmar wrote: 
Willturna wrote: 

so you never know.

Have you ever tried /vwho Secret ?

They like to break their own ship naming conventions all willy-nilly.
Cleaver wrote: 
I've never been logged on, let alone on a ship.

[Apr 10, 2004 7:10:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fujiko

54x wrote: 
My map's been updated, and now all those "dead" routes show at 50% opacity.

Awesome. Many thanks.

I will pay people well (as well as my means allow) to chart them; I don't have any to trade myself, other than Alpha/Winter.
Fujiko on Cerulean.
[Apr 11, 2004 9:21:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Firien

I managed to once hit a point 2 leagues NW & one point W of Alpha; it came from getting engaged by a brig as I left the league point to the west of that (NE of Cnossos). I screenshotted it and bug reported; When I left the point there wasn't a way of getting to it on any of those maps (Turtle-Alpha-Cnossos-Turtle loop the point but don't touch it).

I'll send the pic to someone to host if you like.
Aerias rawx! Visit her hugely stockedFULL tailor rack on Oyster!
-------
Now playing on Sage...
[Apr 12, 2004 5:40:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RavenHawk

There is also a Papaya/Remora route that I have never seen the chart to. But I do have it Mem'd :-)

Edited due a blonde moment. Booch !!
Kissa
Queen of Evil
[Apr 13, 2004 11:42:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chotogirl

Jothmar wrote: 
Willturna wrote: 

so you never know.

I've seen the "Secret" ship in port at remote islands before ;)
Choto- Captain of the Titanic Mu-Mu Pirates
Rightful Owner of Olivia, Cleaver's Lost Pet
[Apr 14, 2004 2:35:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheWeasel

RavenHawk wrote: 
There is also a Papaya/Remora route that I have never seen the chart to. But I do have it Mem'd :-)

Hate to break it to ye, but that's a common chart... I'm looking at two copies of it right now.
Zallandra
Captain of The Flying Cows
Owner of Troy Swords on Cnossos Island
Princess of The Infidels
I offer free Memorization Assisstance for the entire ocean.
[Apr 14, 2004 3:13:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wnorman

Chotogirl wrote: 

I've seen the "Secret" ship in port at remote islands before ;)

I've actually seen it in port at Eps a few times (sometimes with Cleaver aboard). What do you guys do aboard these ships (besides hide from us)? :D
Shark
Captain of Ransack Marauders
Prince and Admiral of Silver Dawn

[size=9]Greenie says, "are you a rael shark/"
[Apr 14, 2004 3:15:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fujiko

RavenHawk wrote: 

Edited due a blonde moment. Booch !!

/em breathes. Ah, well. It happens. :)

I have seen that one, as well as Byrne/Remora. Not sure why there's two, but who am I to complain?

People who went off course: did you end up memming any of those weird points you ended up at? I'm just curious.
Fujiko on Cerulean.
[Apr 14, 2004 3:41:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

There are two because there were two in azure as well ;) In fact, in azure, Sapphire had THREE interarchs, two to diamond and one to ruby.
from Midnight.
[Apr 14, 2004 8:50:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Fujiko

Ooo, that's cool.

This seems like an appropriate place to ask: I've heard a lot of talk of an Xi-Eclipse route, but I can't find it on any map. Does anyone know if it exists?
Fujiko on Cerulean.
[Apr 18, 2004 4:34:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

I heard of it earlier on in midnight, so I marked it tentatively on my map at 50% opacity. Nobody ever sent confirmation in, so I dropped it.
from Midnight.
[Apr 18, 2004 5:29:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Fujiko

Okay, thanks. I hadn't heard of it until recently, and I keep seeing it mentioned. Perhaps it's my imagination...
Fujiko on Cerulean.
[Apr 18, 2004 8:05:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
szerszak

hidden route Reply to this Post

does hidden route look like that? :

Szerszak
Officer of Black Death (retired) on Midnight
Szerszen
Co-Captain of Love Birds on Viridian
Lord of Euphoria
[Apr 19, 2004 5:30:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fujiko

Interesting...

While it's not what I had originally posted about (see TheWeasel/Zallandra's post for a screenshot of that - memmed points from charts that have been deleted from the beginning of Midnight) it's the first shot I personally have seen of a boat wandering off course, which a lot of people say they have had happen.

Did you end up memming the point you landed at?
Fujiko on Cerulean.
[Apr 19, 2004 9:54:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 50   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates