• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2622 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
acer567

GCPP Proposal: Eel Reply to this Post

The Yppedia proposal is Here.

This Proposal would probably be more suited to Construction or possibly furnishing.

The Lowdown:

You have a 7X7 board, each space is square along with the pieces that will occupy those spaces.
On each side (all 4 four sides) there is a button (hammer?) that when clicked will slide all pieces to the opposite end of that column/row.

Like this.

Your object of the game is to create rows of 7 in order to fill a task bar (like the mast in shirpwright) that, once filled, will end the game and give a rating based on how well the player did.
The color of the task bar indicates the the type of row that was made, if a row has been made with a wild then the bar will appear as the colour of wild ("lime dye" here.)

Gameplay:
This puzzle is probably better suited to mouse control. The player will click on the shifting buttons in order to shift the relevant row's pieces as far as possible until they reach the side of the board.

Example. The blue hammer indicates the one clicked.

Afterwards it would be like this:

The blue wood would be eliminated and random pieces will randomly pop-up into any (not just the spaces where the wood was) unfilled spaces!

This is all i got at the moment but there is more to come!

Give me feedback!

There is proper information on the wiki where you can find everything i haven't mentioned here!

-acer567
PS i've made this in honour of my 100th post!
----------------------------------------
Tantaro on Hunter
[Jun 18, 2007 6:01:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

Re: GCPP Proposal: Eel Reply to this Post

This has some similarities to Tench that was entered in round 1. I enjoyed the game but it seemed as like it needed more - maybe you will have the idea that was missing. I look forward to hearing more.
Pletoo of Sage
[Jun 18, 2007 6:29:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
acer567

This has some similarities to Tench that was entered in round 1. I enjoyed the game but it seemed as like it needed more - maybe you will have the idea that was missing. I look forward to hearing more.

Holy Barnacle its similar!

/me thought i had an original idea!

Alhough, i haven't seen any shifting puzzles yet.
Tantaro on Hunter
[Jun 18, 2007 7:34:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
acer567

More: Varnish Use
(the lime dye might have to be erased as in this part the varnish also acts like a wild)

The player has a (over-simplified) board like this:

The player then clicks the hammer (highlighted blue) and shifts the pieces to the end of the row.

The player gets this:

The player has made use of a varnish (pink) which has added to their score; wait, the player has made 2 rows! This has further increased their score! (Note: To my knowledge, it is possible to make 6 rows at max.)

I might need help uploading these images to the wiki!
Tantaro on Hunter
[Jun 18, 2007 8:00:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

Uploading images to the YPPedia.

Name your images GCPP-Eel-[file name] so that they are properly grouped.

Add this tag to the image summary:

{{grand crafting image}}
Pletoo of Sage
[Jun 18, 2007 8:29:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jdnx429

As it stands now, I personally think the game is much too simple. I think it will be much too easy to just click the buttons and clear rows of seven. What is the puzzle aspect of the game, besides determining which buttons to click?
Josephdaniel on Midnight.
[Jun 25, 2007 1:07:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Uikur

You know, this is also like my proposal, Compere, only I have another 2 phases. You might want to check out the link in my sig to see if you like it.

No 1337 translations... /e is lazy.
Just my thoughts.

Check out my proposal (Project Compere) here. Feedback and/or a coder is requested!

Irinam of Viridian.
[Jun 25, 2007 7:12:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
acer567

As it stands now, I personally think the game is much too simple. I think it will be much too easy to just click the buttons and clear rows of seven. What is the puzzle aspect of the game, besides determining which buttons to click?

I don't want to be smartass but,

You would think that because of the delay in my posts i have not had any time to complete these.

*apologies for being a smartazz
Tantaro on Hunter
[Jul 1, 2007 1:29:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
acer567

You know, this is also like my proposal, Compere, only I have another 2 phases. You might want to check out the link in my sig to see if you like it.

No 1337 translations... /e is lazy.

I'm a bit unsure about the similarities between your Proposal and mine O.o
Tantaro on Hunter
[Jul 1, 2007 1:31:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates