• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 861 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Yehj

"Maximum stock must be as high as minimum stock." Reply to this Post

I don't quite understand why the "maximum stock must be as high as the minimum stock". I have a stall that sells small cannon balls in the market, and only sells, not buys. I want to make sure I don't sell all of my cannonballs at a certain price since it's kind of low, so I tried setting the Min Stock option to 500, but it doesn't let me. The buying and selling options are pretty much different things if you only want to enable one of them, so why does it not let you set the min stock higher than the max?
----------------------------------------
Hellamund on the Viridian Ocean
[May 12, 2007 2:30:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
arianwen202

Re: "Maximum stock must be as high as minimum stock." Reply to this Post

the Min/max stock is how much you are willing to hold in your shop

and if you want to put your max stock at 50, the minimum stock HAS to be lower than that, esle you are exceding the maximum level of stock.

If you want to keep hold of some of your cannonballs, like having 200 at all times, set the minimum stock to 200, that way you wont sell more than that
but you can set the max at 500 hand 300 to be selling dockside.

Does that make sense?
[May 12, 2007 2:56:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
arianwen202

but you can set the max at 500 hand 300 to be selling dockside.

Thats supposed to read set the max at 500 and have 300 spare to be selling dockside

*kicks the edit button*
[May 12, 2007 2:59:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chupchup

I don't quite understand why the "maximum stock must be as high as the minimum stock". I have a stall that sells small cannon balls in the market, and only sells, not buys. I want to make sure I don't sell all of my cannonballs at a certain price since it's kind of low, so I tried setting the Min Stock option to 500, but it doesn't let me. The buying and selling options are pretty much different things if you only want to enable one of them, so why does it not let you set the min stock higher than the max?

It looks like you already know this, but I will mention it just to be crystal clear: the "Min Stock" figure governs how many units the shoppe will keep when making dockside sales, and the "Max Stock" figure is the ceiling for how many units to buy dockside.

For example, if I have minimum set to 20 and maximum set to 100, and I have 50 small cannonballs, the shoppe will sell up to 30 of those, and/or it will purchase up to 50.

Now, since you don't have dockside buys enabled for this product, the "Max Stock" figure is inoperative, and you can set it to anything you want (as long as it's greater than Min Stock.)

I would suggest using it like this: I set my "Max Stock" figures to the number of units that I want to keep around before I run out of money. Say there is sufficient PoE in the coffers to make 500 smalls; set it there, and though the system will not use this number, nor will it prevent you from delivering more than this, it will visually remind you, when you check the pricing screen, that the shoppe is fully stocked, and you should start finding a way to sell that inventory.

I also use the "Use/Cost" field in a similar way - for finished products, this is an unused field, but I calculate the actual cost to make these items and enter it here, so I know never to set my "Sell" price below that value.
----------------------------------------
The pirate formerly known as Ljamethyst.

I think the Sublime trophy is a happy idea. Sublime is to be celebrated.

[May 12, 2007 10:16:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ice.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Ljamethyst [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates