• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 20
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6712 times and has 19 replies Next Thread
Dismissed

GCPP:Proposal-Corydoras Reply to this Post

GCPP:Proposal-Corydoras

Please post feedback on the idea and any other problems you might be able to see happening. Pictures will follow shortly when I get my Graphics tablet back.
----------------------------------------
~M/Hephistocles

Hephaestus tells you, "I'm going to blame more stuff on you in the future, I think."
[Apr 17, 2007 8:46:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

Re: GCPP:Proposal-Corydoras Reply to this Post

Sounds interesting! but then I <3 bilge.

Looking forward to the images.
LordKalvan of Otherwhen, all oceans but mostly Midnight
[Apr 17, 2007 8:51:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dismissed

Just a quick question on the wiki:
I copied and pasted the template for the Round 2 projects into the wiki proposal page to fill it in, and I've just noticed it's listed under Round 1 proposals. Is this normal, and if not, how do I fix it. Someone might want to change the template so others don't make the same mistake too.
~M/Hephistocles

Hephaestus tells you, "I'm going to blame more stuff on you in the future, I think."
[Apr 17, 2007 9:15:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

All fixed.
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Apr 17, 2007 9:21:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
Dismissed

Thanks. Out of interest, was it my page or the template itself?
~M/Hephistocles

[Apr 17, 2007 9:29:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

A little of both. The directions were wrong, so it wasn't your fault.
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Apr 17, 2007 9:31:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
Dismissed

Some images are up on the wiki! I'll make some explaining combos and chains tommorrow if necessary. Any other aspects of the game that aren't clear, I can probably easily make an image to explain, so just ask!
~M/Hephistocles

[Apr 17, 2007 1:26:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jdnx429

This looks a quite fun game and it seems pretty clear how it works. My question is about cleared combos in common areas.

Is it safe to assume that new pieces always come from the outside in? So if a player on the top left clears a 3 piece vertical combo that also contains 1 piece from the bottom left's player, (similar to this image ), then the top player gets two new pieces that come from the top and the bottom player gets one piece that comes from the bottom?

I was just thinking of bilge if the top player was clearing combos which caused new pieces to come from the bottom up, constantly altering the board of the bottom player.
Josephdaniel on Midnight.
[Apr 17, 2007 1:40:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dismissed

New pieces slide in from the side furthest away from the clear. The player on the top left, clearing a basic horizontal three-piece clear, will recieve his new pieces from the top right.

I've uploaded a new picture which (I hope) helps explain this, and an animated GIF which shows a typical move. Please forgive the watermark at the top and bottom, I don't have access to any programs that achieve the same thing without the mark.
~M/Hephistocles

[Apr 18, 2007 1:43:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dismissed

Correction, I have not uploaded an animated GIF. Instead, I uploaded an SWF here.
~M/Hephistocles

[Apr 18, 2007 2:28:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dismissed

So, I think evreyone understands the basic game concept (I'm still more than willing to make a some images to explain though!), now I'd like some help addressing the Difficulty scaling problem.

We can't expect Able level players to play at Ultimate level, but we don't want high-level players to completely boycott the low-level tables, or beginners will rarely find four-player tables to gain big points on to raise their skill level.
~M/Hephistocles

[Apr 18, 2007 7:12:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

Aye, the concept looks good, and shouldn't be too hard to code.

I can think of several ways to handle the difficulty issue.

1. Similarly to the parlor tables, the person who sets up the table specifies the range of skills (and number of players).
2. "Practice Construction" missions where you team with bots. This would help Ables but not higher because we would make the bots pretty stupid. Probably not paid (similar to the training missions at the palace)
3. Table difficulty is set to the average of the various players' levels.
LordKalvan of Otherwhen, all oceans but mostly Midnight
[Apr 18, 2007 7:38:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
valio1992010

The main idea of the game is really good. I would really like to play it on PP. Just one thing though, maybe the game should end after a player has made for example 50 points or after a specific amount of time. I'm really good at bilge and this looks a lot like bilge but if u make it for turns maybe u should give little time because the others can stall and the game would just get boring. THat's the only problematic things i see that arent written down.
[May 28, 2007 9:30:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Uikur

I really like the proposal, but honestly, this seems to be just another bilge clone. I know they're simple, but they also can get boring really fast. Don't take it hard, just I know some people will be skeptical.
Just my thoughts.

Check out my proposal (Project Compere) here. Feedback and/or a coder is requested!

Irinam of Viridian.
[Jun 2, 2007 3:15:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dismissed

Wow, I find this thread just as I was about to bump it to revamp it. I've had an idea to make it less like bilge, but I can't really explain it in words, so I'll make a sketch to help me explain. I've also got a good friend with plenty of time to code, so I'll have a prototype fairly soon!
~M/Hephistocles

[Jun 6, 2007 1:34:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Leetness5

Wow, I find this thread just as I was about to bump it to revamp it. I've had an idea to make it less like bilge, but I can't really explain it in words, so I'll make a sketch to help me explain. I've also got a good friend with plenty of time to code, so I'll have a prototype fairly soon!

And I happen to be this good friend with plenty of time to code. :)
So, yes, WE should have a prototype soon.
Leetness on all oceans. (Including Opal)
[11:59:23] Nemesis broadcasts, "Sorry, you mates looked too like Cobalt for a minute! I blame the rum :("
[Jun 6, 2007 1:44:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

This does indeed look interesting - I am looking forward to seeing how this would play as a multi-player game.
Pletoo of Sage
[Jun 6, 2007 1:48:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CraftingProj

And I happen to be this good friend with plenty of time to code. :)
So, yes, WE should have a prototype soon.

I'm attempting to update the status board. If coding has started, then Corydoras needs to be listed as Phase 4. Please verify (or give) the following information:

Corydoras : (Construction)
Designer: Dismissed/Leetness
Arrtist: ????
Programmers: ??????
[Jun 18, 2007 11:09:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dismissed

I'm the arrtist, and Leet is coding. It's a two-man job!
~M/Hephistocles

[Jun 29, 2007 10:00:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CraftingProj

Added to status board as Phase 4.
[Jul 4, 2007 5:16:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates