• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 103
Posts: 103   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 17777 times and has 102 replies Next Thread
Uikur

Re: Puzzle Codename:Compere Reply to this Post

Didn't notice that. I'll go edit the summary.
----------------------------------------
Just my thoughts.

Check out my proposal (Project Compere) here. Feedback and/or a coder is requested!

Irinam of Viridian.
[Jun 13, 2007 7:20:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Uikur

I feel like I'm missing out on feedback. tcarr, do the half-images help you? Also, what needs to be more refined?
Just my thoughts.

Check out my proposal (Project Compere) here. Feedback and/or a coder is requested!

Irinam of Viridian.
[Jun 16, 2007 4:25:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CraftingProj

I'm attempting to update the status board. I think I remember you mentioning somewhere in the thread that you had started attempting to code Compere yourself. Is this correct? If so, then Compere needs to be added as Phase 4, and I need you to verify the following information:

Please verify that this is the correct information:
Compere : (Tailor)
Designer: Uikur
Artist: Uikur (or is there somebody else?)
Programmer: Uikur
[Jun 18, 2007 11:04:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Uikur

No, I'm not coding it yet. I'm hoping to get flash, but I don't have it yet, though I'm hoping someone will step up to the proverbial plate and code the game.
Just my thoughts.

Irinam of Viridian.
[Jun 18, 2007 11:32:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Uikur

man, i can't tell what work is needed. could someone PLEASE tell me what's confusing or missing from the proposal?

1337 translation: m4n, i c4n'7 7311 wh47 w0rk is n33d3d. c0u1d 20m30n3 P13423 7311 m3 wh47'2 c0nfu2in6 0r mi22in6 fr0m 7h3 pr0p0241? <----can anyone understand this stuff?
Just my thoughts.

Irinam of Viridian.
[Jun 23, 2007 6:00:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Uikur

... ummm... tcarr? u there? can you tell me if the half-images worked? and could anyone else (preferably a coder) tell me what I need in this?
Just my thoughts.

Irinam of Viridian.
[Jun 30, 2007 7:13:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

I'm reading the posts, but between running Logical Crafting event, RL issues, and The Widow Queen attacking Beta (I'm governor of Beta) next week, I just can't force myself to concentrate on GCPP proposals right now.
LordKalvan of Otherwhen, all oceans but mostly Midnight
[Jun 30, 2007 7:31:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Uikur

ok
Just my thoughts.

Irinam of Viridian.
[Jun 30, 2007 1:43:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Uikur

Holy crap most of the posts I've been doing lately have been like bumps. Is there ANYONE out there that can give me at least some useful feed back, like what a coder'd need to begin coding, anything?
Just my thoughts.

Irinam of Viridian.
[Jul 4, 2007 3:58:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jdnx429

If someone gave me this proposal to code, I would have a very hard time doing it. It is still extremely unclear on how a shape is to be made especially how the blocks work. The embroidery is also unclear.

The first part is fairly easy to understand, put the blocks together to make the shapes but why are there A's, B's and C's on the board shown? Do they represent different shapes? If so, where are they shown? There's only one shape shown on the storyboard.
Josephdaniel on Midnight.
[Jul 6, 2007 11:31:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Uikur

If someone gave me this proposal to code, I would have a very hard time doing it. It is still extremely unclear on how a shape is to be made especially how the blocks work. The embroidery is also unclear.

The first part is fairly easy to understand, put the blocks together to make the shapes but why are there A's, B's and C's on the board shown? Do they represent different shapes? If so, where are they shown? There's only one shape shown on the storyboard.

what do you mean by unclear? how to make it, how it's done, what? same with the embroidery

a, b, c, etc. mean different shapes. they aren't shown in the queue because then it's harder to plan easily
Just my thoughts.

Irinam of Viridian.
[Jul 9, 2007 4:46:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
actreal

what do you mean by unclear? how to make it, how it's done, what? same with the embroidery

The storyline is fairly confusing. It took me several re-reads but I think I now understand the sliding and cutting parts of the puzzle.

One thing that doesn't help is that the cutting screen looks the same as the sliding screen when in fact they are separate parts of the game. Perhaps if you made the screenshots look different (different background color, etc.) it would be less confusing.

However, I still don't understand the embroidery part. I understand that in the cutting section, you cut around the edge of the shape, but where is the pattern you follow for the embroidery? I think slightly more detail on the screenshots for this section would help.

Overall, I think you've tried to fit too much into the one game. In reviewing the Round 2 games, the prototypes that I have liked the most have very simple mechanics and don't require switching from one set of controls to another (or at most have two control mechanics where one is very simple a la Shipwrighting).

If embroidery is still following a pattern like the cutting section, why do you need both? Can we not just cut more patterns to make a game last 5 or so minutes?
Donall of Hunter

[Jul 9, 2007 7:44:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jdnx429

The most unclear part is certainly how the pieces are cut and how the embroidery is made - How do the blocks behave? How do you start an embroidery? How is it scored?...etc, etc.
Josephdaniel on Midnight.
[Jul 11, 2007 12:52:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 103   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates