• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 258
Posts: 258   Pages: 9   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 54035 times and has 257 replies Next Thread
Aphrodite
OceanMaster

April Familiar Auctions and Tournaments (results posted)! Reply to this Post

Winners Announced!

Familiar Auctions

Ah, the fresh sea air.... Spring has finally arrived and it is time for pirate makeovers and house redecorating! What better way to change your look than with a beautiful familiar! And this month, the way to do that is to get rid of all the old stuff lurking around in your houses and ships.

Rules

* This is a blind bid auction for Midnight, Cobalt, Viridian, Sage and Hunter using the following odd and ends from your inventory:
Rags (white, tan, blue or red) 1/2 point
Rags (except white, tan, blue, or red) - 2 points
Black Rags - 3 points
Gold Rags - 5 points
Fish Bludgeon - 1 point
Stick - 1/2 point
* You may use any combination of items for your bid.
* You may only bid once per person and only on one ocean (regardless of how many accounts or oceans you play on).
* PMs will be deleted without reply or notification if the PM subject line does not exactly meet the format described, or if the body of the message does not contain all required information, or if more than one PM is sent by the same player.

Bid Format
*Bids will be made by PM to Aphrodite
*PM subject line *must* be in the form Ocean / Piratename / Bid (where "bid" is the number of points you are bidding). For example: "Midnight/ Aphrodite / 24"
*The body of the PM should include:
-- pirate name
-- ocean
-- The specific location of your items. (see bid location below)
-- A breakdown of how your items are counting towards your ship points total. For example:
3 green rags (6 points)
2 black rags (6 points)
10 fish (10 points)
4 sticks (2 points)
Total: 24 points
-- your choice of familiar and color(s) - no solid white or black is allowed. Also, no tan or white.

Bid Location
* Your bid must be located either in a house with no roommates, or a locked ship. No alt pirates, stalls, shoppes, or other buildings will be accepted.
* You must place your bid in the location and leave it until the familiars have been awarded.
* You are responsible for providing all necessary furniture to hold your bid items.
* The bid location must be specific. You cannot say "My house" but instead "Aphrodite's Estate on Hephaestus Forge." Houses must include house type and location. Ships must include name, crew, and location.
* You must be the owner of the house. The ship must be in your crew. If you are not in a crew, that is ok.

The deadline for bids is 12noon PDT on Monday, April 30, 2007.

The winner
The winning bidder on each ocean will be notified by PM. Familiars will be left in the location of the bid items.

Any other questions about the auction format should be posted to this thread.

Familiar Tournaments
Tournaments will be held at the same time on each ocean and will all have the same settings and prizes. In addition to the familiars listed below, each tournament will have a 200,000 PoE pot, cascading arithmetically. Each tournament will have a 30 minute announcement time. All posted times are game time.

Tuesday, April 24 8:00am
Swordfight
best 2 of 3
everyone uses a foil
Peach Monkey

Wednesday, April 25 10:00pm
Drinking
Classic rules
6 colors and shapes
Violet Octopus

Fridy, April 27 4:00pm
Treasure Drop
Standard
30 seconds per turn
Lime Octopus

Sunday, April 29 Noon
Rumble
Bring your own bludgeon
Maroon/Red Parrot
----------------------------------------
[Edit 5 times, last edit by Aphrodite at May 2, 2007 2:43:51 PM]
[Apr 8, 2007 10:16:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DeadFeather

Re: April Familiar Auctions and Tournaments! Reply to this Post

Woot I been waiting for familiar tournaments!

Thank you! Thank you!

Good Luck Everyone

~ Ravkiki

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

' Avatar by Carribean '

~ Ravkiki
"Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will scar me for life!"
Apparently it takes a modder to beat a modder in Y!PP swordfighting..?

[Apr 8, 2007 10:38:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sharon7

.... * Your bid must be located either in a house with no roommates, or a locked ship.....

Can items be stored in more than one house or more than one ship? Because I don't think people would want to specially buy an estate that has many rooms to fit all the sword racks, wardrobes and bludgeon cases.
~sHaR~
On Emerald Ocean now :)
[Apr 8, 2007 10:55:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kaalvoet

I could have missed it, but I don't see anywhere specifying rag colors that don't count. You taking red, blue, white, and tan?
The Infamous Feline Pirate
Kitt on Cobalt

Rehio says, "Yes, O Mistress"
[Apr 8, 2007 10:59:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    PinkxLimonade [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

I've hit a minor snag putting things on racks etc.... Half the sticks I have are too old to put on a rack. If we give you the name of the pirate holding said "Too old to rack" sticks will that work? Asking purely because not only can't I rack the damn things I can't dust them either.
Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[Apr 8, 2007 11:10:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DeadFeather

Darn the OM's who schedule these tournaments.

It seems I'm going to miss the drinking tournament by about 5-10 minutes. this shall not do, I say all drinking tournaments should be friendly to all Australian Time Zones.

~ Ravkiki

~ Ravkiki
"Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will scar me for life!"
Apparently it takes a modder to beat a modder in Y!PP swordfighting..?

[Apr 8, 2007 11:14:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
frogkissed11

Question about this, Sticks can't be racked? They're "too old"
JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
Blazeblade says, "you're talking to a SHEEP?"
[Apr 9, 2007 2:23:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Rubbaduck

Darn the OM's who schedule these tournaments.

It seems I'm going to miss the drinking tournament by about 5-10 minutes. this shall not do, I say all drinking tournaments should be friendly to all Australian Time Zones.

~ Ravkiki

Haha! Good luck with that Rav! :-)

7am in Europe isn't exactly the best of times either..
Rubbaduck
Captain of Tubby Toys on Ice

- Small, but dedicated
[Apr 9, 2007 2:26:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rubbaduck

Awww....

I wish this contest would include Ice as well... *sigh*

It's a nice little ocean, put there is an acute shortage of familiars...
no shortage of rags and fish bluds though..
Rubbaduck
Captain of Tubby Toys on Ice

- Small, but dedicated
[Apr 9, 2007 2:54:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Marcyss

If you do it soon enough, yes- sticks can. I used to have a few, but apparently my husband sold all of them to a friend who collects. at least they're only worth .5 points. ;)
Marcyss on Sage Ocean

Music is Everywhere. Harmony, Cacophany, Dissonance. All this is Music.

Tilinka's Puppet Show
[Apr 9, 2007 3:04:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Marcyss_Anthyr [Link]  Go to top 
frogkissed11

Aye, but if this is supposed to be a "spring cleaning" all sticks should be acceptable.. not just ones I've freshly dusted
JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
Blazeblade says, "you're talking to a SHEEP?"
[Apr 9, 2007 3:21:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

Yeah, also concerned about those bidding with sticks and fish. Fish only last a couple days. If they attempt to move them from one location to another, they could easily find the fish are too old depending on how many times they've been racked previously. I'm not bidding myself, so I don't care personally. Just asking for clarification for those who are bidding.

*Note if you ARE bidding, I'd recommend you keep everything in storage exactly where it is until you find out if you even won the high bid or not. It would suck to have half your points dust the day before the OM's would come around and collect from you, know what I'm saying?
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Apr 9, 2007 5:16:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
Eirian1

unfortunately

* Your bid must be located either in a house with no roommates, or a locked ship. No alt pirates, stalls, shoppes, or other buildings will be accepted.
* You must place your bid in the location and leave it until the familiars have been awarded.

so you have to put your sticks/fish in the final location and just hope you can.... Mind you, you also need enough rooms for your sword rack /bludgeon chest (and wardrobe of course) so that rules out those of us who can't afford anywhere with that many rooms....
Eirian of Midnight
FO of Black Lightning
[Apr 9, 2007 5:32:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dolgan

They will probably do a proper odds and ends familiar auction at a later date, Jaina.
Dolgan

Buying: lime dye!!
[Apr 9, 2007 5:48:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shannie33

Just wondering will good and old rags be accepted? Or is it restricted to only new ones?

Fiskylate
A Slow Child
- Fiskylate -
A very slow kiddo
[Apr 9, 2007 6:05:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethera21

I have to second the problem with putting all the stuff in 1 place:

The only house I've got with no roommates is a shack...I can't afford to be buying a multi-room house for this auction. Which means I max out at 20 sticks, 20 fish, 20 rags. A locked sloop will, I suppose, double this, as you can drop a sword rack upstairs and one downstairs?. IF I can find sticks not too old to rack. I know I've been carrying around 11 sticks for the last year that won't go away.

What about designating an alt instead? I can trade sticks too old to rack to said alt, along with all the bludgeons and rags I have, and then just leave them unlogged until the contest is over. As long as I log on other pirates on the account, the alt won't be deleted, and the stuff won't age.

Thus my bid would go like this:

Main Pirate: Aethera
Ocean: Cobalt
Bid: 47 points
Breakdown: etc etc etc
Alt on which bid resides: GreenAeth

Thoughts?
Aethera of Cobalt Cerulean
Princess of Maniacal Menagerie
Blockade staff on any ocean
[Apr 9, 2007 6:41:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Daggerdarla

Speaking of problem with bids not fitting into a house pirate owns... Would it be possible to put it in 2 houses? I'm an owner of a couple of houses, I might be able to place all the rags I have that way if ye'd allow it. I still have a feeling that this system will give us many problems, it might turn out to be gold rags auction as those bring the most points and take the least space. =/

One more thing: is it only non basic color rags like the last time, or are white/red/blue/tan ones included too?
DaggerDarla of Sage
(exploring all other oceans too)
[Apr 9, 2007 7:23:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moon_goddess

Can we wrap the items in gifts if our house is to small to house everything?
Chicka ~<Cobalt>~
[Apr 9, 2007 7:40:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moon_goddess

also... there isnt a house in game big enough to hold everything.... what do we do??

If this is limited to people who own estates it limits it to only those with tons of poe, which is favoring the rich. Can we get a revision on placement of the bids?
Chicka ~<Cobalt>~
[Apr 9, 2007 7:47:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ParaTara

Okay, what do we do if our PM's are broken ...

ive been getting this error message for around a month now

The error messsage is:
Error executing SQL in MessageDAOImplJDBC.getBeans_inMember_inFolder_withSortSupport_limit_mysql.

and when I try to send an email on it it bounces back :(
Madeline
Captain of Six Leagues Under
[Apr 9, 2007 8:35:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aphrodite
OceanMaster

Your bid may be in more than one location. However, I don't want to be bouncing all over the ocean trying to find all your pieces. You must fill up the first location before starting a second one! So if you have a wardrobe, bludgeon trunk and sword rack in your shack, they should all be filled before you add your ship as a location. Just make sure you follow the bid format instructions.

Rags of any color and condition are fine. Just note the black and gold ones are worth more points and should appear in your list separately from the other colors.

If the items are too old to put on a rack, then maybe they aren't valuable enough to trade in for a familiar. ^_^ Sure it is spring cleaning, but I'm not giving familiars away for free.

Remember, this is a challenge. Winning a familiar shouldn't be easy, so be creative about putting your bids together! You have 3 weeks; go have some fun!
[Apr 9, 2007 9:07:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
taelia

Spring Cleaning is just a good name because this is happening in Spring. But the point behind the auction might not be to get rid of mostly useless items.
Ryanne.

Buying:

Kraken Blood 11k, anywhere on the Midnight side of Cerulean.
Furniture in LE colors (spring green, ice blue, wine, banana, plum etc) - 10k each unless its a large piece of furniture, send me a tell.
Black CI trink
[Apr 9, 2007 9:07:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aur

I think having the space to store all these things is part of the cost of winning the auction. You have to buy the locations and the wardrobes/racks/etc as part of the cost. Getting a familiar isn't supposed to be cheap.
~Aur
Original Riot Starter

"So now you know, and knowing is half the battle. The other half is HWFO." -Hermes
[Apr 9, 2007 9:15:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dcyborg

You can however put the sticks on an alt (greenie or otherwise) and they can hold them all. yes, ALL OF THEM. Sticks do not dust. just be sure to have them holding a stick instead of a sword cause when that sword dusts you wont get those two sticks from that sword. and yeah, when a sword dusts you get two.

How do I know this? I won last year! In fact, I have been collecting stuffs since last year.. hehee if you are on Cobalt pm me for prices etc on what I have..

=)
Dcyborg on Cerulean, Jade, Opal.. etc etc
[Apr 9, 2007 9:35:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    dorothycyborg [Link]  Go to top 
makingpoe

So the ringers aren't worried about people abusing alt creation to harvest common colored rags? I mean yes, they'd be spending alot of poe on striped shirts and skirts/stripey knickers, which is good for tailors but still theres alot of potential to abuse the system.

I can only assume that last years auction excluded tan/white/red/blue because they are the "common" colored rags, and thats what new pirates sometimes get as clothes

I don't mean to nitpick or call anyone out, but I remember last years auction. Personally, I like the silent auction. thats rather nice, to be perfectly honest, but maybe the rules should be reconsidered and possibly made a little more specific.

By the way, Aphrodite, thank you for specifying that multiple locations could be used, I was in fear of this being a contest for only the very rich. If this is also the reasoning for allowing "common" rags this time, maybe it should be rethought, as I can almost guarantee you, there will be many people abusing alt creation.

Link to last years rules for reference

Also note that the rules were changed and made more specific days after the original post, so theres still room for adjustment this time >_^
AzureBlue
PTG wrote: 
I always wondered what would happen if nobody got any questions right.
Sorry, kids, you're all too dumb. No prizes for anybody, and Carmen Sandiego's drinking pina coladas with Castro. Way to go, retards.

[Apr 9, 2007 9:35:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    AzureMourning [Link]  Go to top 
moon_goddess

You can however put the sticks on an alt (greenie or otherwise) and they can hold them all. yes, ALL OF THEM. Sticks do not dust. just be sure to have them holding a stick instead of a sword cause when that sword dusts you wont get those two sticks from that sword. and yeah, when a sword dusts you get two.

How do I know this? I won last year! In fact, I have been collecting stuffs since last year.. hehee if you are on Cobalt pm me for prices etc on what I have..

=)

yush but they aren't allowing items to be put on alts this year luff, must be in a house or ship or whatever in racks
Chicka ~<Cobalt>~
[Apr 9, 2007 9:43:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aphrodite
OceanMaster

Oops! I've updated the first post with the colors for the rags. I don't want people harvesting greenies for their rags! So, to update: no white, tan, blue, or red rags.
[Apr 9, 2007 9:51:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sea_Blades

Can we keep rags on a taylor rack or need to be in a wardrobe?
Seablades
~Hunter
[Apr 9, 2007 10:00:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dcyborg

actually, she said mutliple locations, so you can have them on one alt to hold till the day. eh?
Dcyborg on Cerulean, Jade, Opal.. etc etc
[Apr 9, 2007 10:00:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    dorothycyborg [Link]  Go to top 
moon_goddess

Dcy wrote: 
actually, she said mutliple locations, so you can have them on one alt to hold till the day. eh?

Aphrodite wrote: 
Your bid must be located either in a house with no roommates, or a locked ship. No alt pirates, stalls, shoppes, or other buildings will be accepted.

if you cant put them in a rack then it doesn't count
Chicka ~<Cobalt>~
[Apr 9, 2007 10:04:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 258   Pages: 9   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates