• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 40
Posts: 40   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5102 times and has 39 replies Next Thread
kozmic

Re: Mis-telling Reply to this Post

ramirojr wrote: 
Nah. I mean, I'll be okay on the OUTSIDE, but inside, I'll still be a harsh, nasty, troubled person.

And who knows, maybe one day I'll reveal my true identity.... oooooooooooo

Batman?
----------------------------------------
[size=10]Kozmic- that one person in the Far Too Jolly Rogers

Jellybeanz- that other person in the Far Too Jolly Rogers

Hugglebear- member of XOXOXO Snuggle Pirates
[Feb 18, 2004 1:27:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JeSuisLaChatte [Link]  Go to top 
rroberts

54x wrote: 
I stick with my request for F-key "chatlocks". So if you press F12, it locks you in say until you press it again or send your message. Press F1, you're in crew chat. F2 is officer chat, F3 is tell, F4 is flagofficer, F5 is vessel, F6 is emote, F7 is think, F8 is shout, F9 is flag broadcast... That sort of thing. This way, as long as you hit the right key, there's no chance of chatbooch. Also, when sending tells, up and down should cycle through recent names that you've sent a tell or recieved one from.

I like this idea the best so far. But, as has been said in another post, if you give people another option, they'll just do the wrong one even more.

I think it was Capt. Jacksparrow in the other thread (sorry, don't know how to put a link in) that if you make things more idiot-proof, then you'll just get a better class of idiot.

Idea is good in principle though, as most of yours are DB.
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.chestertongrant.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
54x

I know there'll be problems with it, but it DEFINATELY beats the up-arrow system in place at the moment, and the clugsome pull-down (push-up?) menu on the sidebar. Besides, those Fkeys are going unused. The thing I'm imagining, of course, is someone pressing alt+F4, and moaning about bugs. Like you said, better inventions lead to worse idiots.
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Feb 19, 2004 5:53:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
kj7rat

I always, *always* type out each command and *never* use the pulldown tabs. I still make booches, but for a different reason: it has become such a habit to type /crew that I'll add it before anything. So during vessel chat, one of the few times I don't use a /command, I end up saying /vessel things in /crew. <shrug>

And the up arrow *rocks*. ^_^
~Kazen, Senior Officer of Six Leagues Under~
[Feb 19, 2004 11:51:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://kj7rat.blogspot.com [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

I stick with the idea that anything allowing people to lock on /shout is scuppering awful.
[Feb 19, 2004 11:59:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Dragonlilly

Homullus wrote: 
I stick with the idea that anything allowing people to lock on /shout is scuppering awful.

Seconded. There is a reason that /shout was removed from the push-up menu. The day this change went in everyone but newbs cheered and rejoiced! The newbs were new, so nothing lost on them. :)

Dragonlilly just woke up and this is what came out.
Dragonlilly, Captain of SDTC
A very much retired old sea salt! Or would that be sea saltess?
Shanty Raid-io!
[Feb 20, 2004 12:18:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://dragonlilly.shantyraidio.com    srdragonlilly    SO+Dragonlilly    101380420 [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

Muwahaha.

So, use the F keys as a quick select - F2 would quick select Crew, for example, for one send. F4 would shout one line, etc.

Then use alt-Fkey to lock in the channel. alt-F2 would lock in crew chat, alt-F4 would close your client for being a barnaclehead.

atteSmythe,
realizing that doesn't work in other OSs, but it's still funny dammit

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Feb 20, 2004 2:41:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
Badgundo

I dislike the default to speak on shipboard chat-circles. There is no button to select for /shout, or the various broadcast channels, so I would like when I select an available button for it to stay selected as long as it remains available, or until I click a different one.
BadGundo, Cap'n of the Sea Ogres
Husband of Captain Starashes
[Feb 21, 2004 6:48:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

Fortunately, ship-board autospeak is going away

atteSmythe,
linky linky when he should be on lookout duty

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Feb 21, 2004 6:58:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Muwahaha.

So, use the F keys as a quick select - F2 would quick select Crew, for example, for one send. F4 would shout one line, etc.

Then use alt-Fkey to lock in the channel. alt-F2 would lock in crew chat, alt-F4 would close your client for being a barnaclehead.

atteSmythe,
realizing that doesn't work in other OSs, but it's still funny dammit

This is why we all love Atte's posts ;)

I propose it gets added to the keybindings so that it works in other OSes, too.

As for people doing excessive shouting... it's gonna happen anyway, but I'd agree that it should probably NOT get anymore shortcuts.
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Feb 22, 2004 5:01:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 40   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates