• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 115
Posts: 115   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 28014 times and has 114 replies Next Thread
sun

March Familiar Auctions and Tournaments Reply to this Post

Familiar Ship Auctions

I finally wrestled the controls from Apollo to post an event!
Please read these rules carefully to understand how you may take part in the familiar auctions this month.

Rules

This is a blind bid ship auction for Midnight, Cobalt, Viridian, Sage and Hunter.

Bids will be made by PM to Sun (see Bidding Instructions below).

The deadline for bids is 12noon PDT on Saturday 31st March 2007.

You are not bidding in poe, but in ship deeds, where ships attract the following points according to their size:
Ship points:

Sloop - 1
Cutter - 2
Merchant Brig - 4
War Brig - 5
Merchant Galleon - 7
War Frigate - 8
Grand Frigate - 10

You may use any combination of ships that you wish.

Each PLAYER (regardless of how many pirates and accounts you have) may only bid once per ocean. Put together the best bid that you can, and PM it - one chance, get it right!

On every ocean, there is a minimum bid of 50 ship points.

Bids are binding. Do not bid with deeds that you do not hold or have quick access to.

If you wish to bid on multiple oceans, please submit separate PMs for each bid.

Bidding instructions

* Bid by PM to Sun
* PM subject line *must* be in the form Ocean / Piratename / Bid (where "bid" is the number of ship points you are bidding). For example: "Viridian / Apollo / 153", "Sage / Artemis / 141".
* The body of the PM should include:
-- pirate name
-- ocean
-- name of alt who will hold all ship deeds being bid if you win
-- a breakdown of how many ships of each type are counting towards your ship points total
-- your choice of familiar and color(s) - as usual, no solid white or black is allowed.
* PMs will be deleted without reply or notification if the PM subject line does not exactly meet the format described, or if the body of the message does not contain all required information, or if more than one PM is sent by the same player.

The winner
The winning bidder on each ocean will be notified by PM within a few hours of the auction deadline, and will then have 24 hours to complete the transfer of deeds onto their designated deedholding alt. After 24 hours, I will then log that alt on, count and transfer the ship deeds and trade the requested familiar to that account. If you are not going to be available to read PMs around the time of the deadline, you may want to transfer deeds to the deedholding alt in advance of the deadline.

If the winner does not have all promised deeds on their deedholding alt, their bid will be void, and the second-place bidder will be contacted instead.

Any other questions about the auction format should be posted to this thread.

Sinky Sinky

And then I'm going to sink them all.

On each ocean, I will host a sinking event blockade, put all the ships from the successful bid into two crews, put plenty of shot on them, and job you all along to sink each other.
These sinking events will take place over the few weeks following the auction close, and at times convenient to me, starting with the ocean that has the highest winning bid, and working through them in that order! Dates and times will be posted in this thread. At the time when the date/time is posted for each ocean, I will ask for volunteers for navving.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Apollo at Mar 21, 2007 12:46:45 AM]
[Mar 13, 2007 8:16:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

March Familiar Auctions and Tournaments Reply to this Post

March Familiar Tournaments

I'm going to do more Animal Tournaments! On Saturday 31st March, I will set up 20 tournaments, to start at approximately 10am PDT. These will be one each of swordfighting, drinking, treasure drop and rumble on each of Midnight, Cobalt, Viridian, Sage and Hunter. I will be setting these up manually, so the times might vary by a few minutes, but each will have at least 15 minutes entry time. The settings for the tournaments will vary across the oceans, and will not be pre-announced.

The winner of each tournament will receive an animal - but it might not be a familiar. There will be at least one familiar to be won on each ocean. The other three prizes could be tan familiars, sleeping animals, or pets. They'll be wrapped, so you won't know which is which until they're unwrapped!

Note that I am assigning prizes to tournaments randomly within an ocean, so we make absolutely no guarantee of either parity or continuity compared to previous tournaments, or in future tournaments if this format is ever repeated - the familiars could be in the same tournaments or in different ones.
[Mar 13, 2007 8:22:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
codenameX

Re: March Familiar Auctions and Tournaments Reply to this Post

Are renamed ships worth more points?
~ Anjellee on Hunter

Queen of the flag Masque
Captain of the Marauders
Lieutenant Commander in the Navy
Owner of many ships
[Mar 13, 2007 9:09:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kgarrett1969

According to past auctions of this kind, the answer is no. Ships are worth the stated points whether or not they have been renamed or painted.

So the War Brig "Titanic" and the War Brig "Plain Guppy" are worth the same number of points at 5 each.

My experience in this is having won the Blind Ship Auction for Viridian back in August of 2006.
Hawkings
Fleet Officer of Silver Dragons
Citizen of Meridian

Apollo wrote, "Hawkings has changed my life. ;)"
[Mar 13, 2007 9:44:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Absolutely not. In fact, I'd be tempted to make them worth zero points if I didn't think people would grumble about it! I love having renamed ships around, and have no desire for people to sacrifice them! Although I'm sure people could swap renamed for original-named if it came to it! Hee. Maybe if people do give me renamed ships, I'll swap them for standard ones, and make the renamed ones tournament prizes.

:o)
[Mar 13, 2007 9:59:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
RedLucy

Sun said:

I finally wrestled the controls from Apollo to post an event!

Apollo said:

Maybe if people do give me renamed ships, I'll swap them for standard ones, and make the renamed ones tournament prizes.

Apollo gets no points for role playing. ;-) (But we lubs you anyway.)
[Mar 13, 2007 10:33:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ray_Leo

50 ship point isnt that alot? if i put together 5 grandfrigate, the cost of the ship will be about 1 mill. That's make 50 point since each grand frigate is 10 point
Sharkiez, Sage
My first comic
[Mar 13, 2007 1:06:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
da_ripper

The cost of a colored familiar is around 6 mil on Viridian. You are making an investment >.>.

Game over. Winner: Expel.
Antix says, "Expel just pikachu'd the charizard out of him"
Antix says, "Nice one"
Expel says, "Super effective"

Chimeravirus of Viridian.
[Mar 13, 2007 1:10:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Swordholder

1 mil won't get you a coloured fam.
Tombstein-
Just a number
[Mar 13, 2007 1:11:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Apollo gets no points for role playing. ;-) (But we lubs you anyway.)

*grins* I only posted as Sun because I wanted it to be clear that the PMs went to that account!
[Mar 13, 2007 2:32:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
DalDal

I think this is a great idea for some random event FUN,

show me how many ships youll let us sink and we'll reward you

GENIUS!
Honour is won, not in the way you look after your friends, but in the way you treat your enemies.
5 years later, Daldal retired from The game
-=Daldal the Lionheart=-
[Mar 13, 2007 2:38:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://viridian.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Daldal [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Talking to oneself is a sign of impending insanity. *grins*
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Mar 13, 2007 2:38:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
slntslayer

To OM this game don't you think one needs to be a little "off"? =P

I think the OMs I have had the pleasure of interacting with follow that rule.
When all else fails, go blow something up.
I'm a BK hunting trollop, and how!
Rehio wrote: 
There's gotta be some law that prohibits Rashnu from having any sort of contact with greenies.

Rashnu
i R slo kiddo.....
[Mar 13, 2007 2:41:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
desko9

I enjoyed the animal tournaments last time, nice to see them back.
[Mar 13, 2007 3:24:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cpthook04

50 ship point isnt that alot? if i put together 5 grandfrigate, the cost of the ship will be about 1 mill. That's make 50 point since each grand frigate is 10 point

Do better your math. If you will buy a fleet from 0 for this, war brigs seem to be the ones that seems to be more efficient in the poe/dubs-points ratio (at least with somewhat current hunter prices, could vary from ocean to ocean). Check how much poe and dubs would cost to you 5 gf, 6-7 wf, and 10 war brigs. WF, WB, and MB seems to be the best ones for this (what is good, if you buy a big fleet of gf, mg, or cutters specially for this could end being useless after).
[Mar 13, 2007 6:06:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kgarrett1969

I doubt that 50 ship points will be enough on any ocean. I personally bid 351 ship points on Viridian back in August of 2006 during the last Blind Ship Auction to win my parrot.

Just for the record I didn't bid any Grand Frigates, Cutters or Sloops in my winning bid.
Hawkings
Citizen of Meridian

[Mar 14, 2007 8:57:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jolyma

Just out of curiosity, do you have any idea how much you beat the second place by Hawkings?
Jolyma

[Mar 14, 2007 9:33:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
seb_long_uk

There are other uses for your spare Warbrigs on Sage! Join SINKFEST!

Domokun
Domokun
Avatar by the incredible Tilinka
[Mar 14, 2007 9:56:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
kgarrett1969

Just out of curiosity, do you have any idea how much you beat the second place by Hawkings?

That information was not released to anyone nor did the 2nd place bidder contact me even if they knew they were second. At the time I threw every single big ship I had at my dispossal to hopefully garantee that I would win.

Based on the other oceans at the time my guess would be that winners of this auction will likely approach 200 ship points or more. Midnight and Viridian in the past have been the big spenders.

Here is the results from the last Blind Ship Auction:

Midnight: Knarf with 248 points, orange monkey
Cobalt: Knarf with 275 points, orange monkey
Viridian: Hawkings with 351 points, yellow/maroon parrot
Sage: Lipsy with 182 points, gold octopus
Hunter: Tiga with 100 points, red monkey

It is important to note that at the time Hunter was still a very young ocean and it is doubtful that a familiar would go so cheaply there again.

At the time of my bid I was aware of another pirate who I knew had the potential of bidding 300 ship points and my bid reflects what I thought I could be and safely assume I had about that pirate.

It is possible to get a cheap familiar via this type of auction but I wouldn't count on it.

I for one would not sell my parrot even if I were to be offered 100 million for him. There are others who feel the same way who are willing to pay what ever it takes to win such an auction.

My advise is bid big if you really want a friend on your shoulder. The rest of us will enjoy enjoy riding your bid to the bottom of the ocean during Apollo's Sinky-Sinky Events.
Hawkings
Citizen of Meridian

[Mar 14, 2007 11:42:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sea_Blades

Thks for this auction =)
Seablades
~Hunter
[Mar 15, 2007 8:22:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cateline

And then I'm going to sink them all.

On each ocean, I will host a sinking event blockade, put all the ships from the successful bid into two crews, put plenty of shot on them, and job you all along to sink each other.
These sinking events will take place over the few weeks following the auction close, and at times convenient to me, starting with the ocean that has the highest winning bid, and working through them in that order! Dates and times will be posted in this thread.

Is the Sinky Sinky only open to those who bid? Or open to everyone?
Lady of Honor Above All
Owner, Monkey Jackets on Scrimshaw
[Mar 15, 2007 1:35:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
worminator

Hey sun ,
can i please help with the SINKY SINKY
it'll be fun, place war against my flag and Ill sink your Ships.
Salinity on the Hunter Ocean!
[Mar 15, 2007 1:42:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fuzzrock

This may be a stupid question. Who is going to bnav the ships? High bidders? First volunteers? People who send you flowers? ('cause I could totally call 1-800-Send-apollo-flowers)
-Zuf, of Hunter
Now with Avatar goodness!
[Mar 15, 2007 3:26:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Sinky Sinky will be open to everyone. I will ask for volunteers to XO and nav (please please don't start sending PMs about this now - wait till the date/time is annoucned), but if I don't get enough volunteers, I'll just job and order people - all they need to do is steer them into gun reach of each other, after all. ;) Gunners will be given orders as the ships fill.
[Mar 15, 2007 3:35:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Sprtn_117

ill certainly try to show up for sinking...ive sunk a fair amount of times, and havent even got wet! lol
Cptnosdn On Cerulean
I Want To Own A Giant Fleet Of Longships...
[Mar 15, 2007 6:56:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perlelune

My advise is bid big if you really want a friend on your shoulder. The rest of us will enjoy enjoy riding your bid to the bottom of the ocean during Apollo's Sinky-Sinky Events.

ROFL love your way of thinking,... wait me too I want to sink those Biding lol.
Lunapearl
Emerald(Sage) Ocean
Proud Pirate
Don't ask me to be SO again.

Lucky Lucky!

Team team team! ;p
[Mar 15, 2007 8:32:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perlelune

ill certainly try to show up for sinking...ive sunk a fair amount of times, and havent even got wet! lol

Me again lol

But actually what is fun with sinking it's "winning" a peg leg, eye patch or a hook.

(i'm still waiting for my peg leg actually but nobody on sage like sinking Blockade don't know why)
Lunapearl
Emerald(Sage) Ocean
Proud Pirate
Don't ask me to be SO again.

Lucky Lucky!

Team team team! ;p
[Mar 15, 2007 8:35:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BlackheartDT

Me again lol

But actually what is fun with sinking it's "winning" a peg leg, eye patch or a hook.

(i'm still waiting for my peg leg actually but nobody on sage like sinking Blockade don't know why)

Cause they like to keep their ships maybe?

-Blackheart

...can't decide, do I bid, or try to sell my fleet to someone who's bidding... I'm sure I have enough ships to win.
Blackheart on Sage
Yeanchor on Sage (oops, did I out my Alt?)
[Mar 16, 2007 8:31:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
seb_long_uk

Sinky Sinky will be open to everyone. I will ask for volunteers to XO and nav (please please don't start sending PMs about this now - wait till the date/time is annoucned), but if I don't get enough volunteers, I'll just job and order people - all they need to do is steer them into gun reach of each other, after all. ;) Gunners will be given orders as the ships fill.

If yer after an injury, you would be better off joining my Event! Don't just sink once or twice, sink 30 times! Click my Siggie Linky for more details.

Domokun,
Slightly annoyed that Sinky Sinky has completely undermined his planned event.
Domokun
Avatar by the incredible Tilinka
[Mar 17, 2007 3:15:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Mate, no need for annoyance. The appetite for sinky is and always will be enormous. A 2%ish chance of injury is pretty small!
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Mar 17, 2007 3:32:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 115   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates