• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 912 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
TheCosmicChz

Ownerless phantom ship Reply to this Post

I'm just curious, so I'm posting this, but I did a /vwho for alone tuna, and two ships showed up:

/vwho alone tuna wrote: 

Alone Tuna
In port at Winter Solstice
-------
Alone Tuna
Jolie Rouge
The Midnight Sun

Last seen leaving Cnossos Island.

Pirates aboard:
etc, you get the point

What is odd is, the first ship has no crew/flag attributed to it, which all ships do whether they have mates on it or not. My curiousity piqued, I rushed over to Winter Solstice to try and get a gander at this freespirited ship. Gasp, the ship isn't in the docks. Its. . .a phantom ship! =P Or something else, but, I was much perplexed by it. Any thoughts?
----------------------------------------
--Dcurd :
Not the cap'n of Dcurd's crew
Stick-wielder of questionable sanity-or something
[Feb 6, 2004 3:23:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    NotSoDreadDcurd [Link]  Go to top 
MKSparrow

Re: Ownerless phantom ship Reply to this Post

Do a /vwho on the Grateful Gurnard, that ship belongs to one of my alts that only makes a crew when I feel like sailing. So that other ship might belong to someone that just left a crew or hasn't made one yet.
Is it rainning?
[Edit 2 times, last edit by MKSparrow at Feb 6, 2004 3:52:22 PM]
[Feb 6, 2004 3:52:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheCosmicChz

Oh

. . .

Heh, okie, tha' explains it, thank you mate.

It lacks all the intrigue and mystique though, sad be I =P I was personally wondering if it was something more exotic, like a deleted deed holding alt, or something. Can't believe I didn't think of crewless mate b'fore posting. Perhaps its the ship belongs to crew reasoning that I couldn't get my head around =P The ship isn't in a crew? HOW? =P

Well, i'was a fun mystery whilst i'lasted =)
--Dcurd :
Not the cap'n of Dcurd's crew
Stick-wielder of questionable sanity-or something
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    NotSoDreadDcurd [Link]  Go to top 
Artemis
OceanMaster

Ships also don't appear as being in port unless someone has been on board it recently, or if someone is currently on board. Ever wonder why there aren't hundreds of ships showing up as being docked on Alpha?
[Feb 7, 2004 11:14:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xagoloth

Artemis wrote: 
Ships also don't appear as being in port unless someone has been on board it recently, or if someone is currently on board. Ever wonder why there aren't hundreds of ships showing up as being docked on Alpha?

Exact time is 30 minutes I believe.
JackSparrow
www.mashrur.com
[Feb 8, 2004 2:22:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mashrur.com    jaquesparrow@yahoo.com    mashsurfer [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates