• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1150 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
tw11st38r

What are the going rates on the other islands? Reply to this Post

I wouldn't mind paying premium prices to find out what commodities are going for on other islands.

For example, I'm on alpha, and Cannonballs are REALLY cheap... But which islands want them the most? I go to the local rumour mill (an inn full of drunken pirates) and ask around. Say I pay 250poe per commodity/island, and I find out that Turtle is buying them at 82poe. For another 250, I can find out what WS is buying them for, etc.

OR

An option for "missions"... From a druken pirate, "Turtle is in dire need of cannonballs... in fact, the governor is paying a bonus if he receives a shipment by such and such a date.

The first example serves the purpose of the trader, getting a good price, but still cycling money back into the game, and the second makes it fun.

Blackdeath
[May 28, 2003 12:17:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fordprefect6

Re: What are the going rates on the other islands? Reply to this Post

Thats a great idea. I must laud you. it would be nice to ahve some missions for those of us who are not in huge crews but want to do some merchant type tasks.
[Jun 23, 2004 4:51:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

May I suggest a refinement?

Make it a function of the old salt, and make it cost the same as asking him about ships laden with booty (50) - it shouldn't be too expensive, since most larger crews can find this out essentially for free anyway.
----------------------------------------
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Jun 23, 2004 5:03:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ramirojr

/me wonders if this idea is still in progress, or if it would help at all.
My backpacking buddy wrote: 
Remember that time we went through the Hall o'Precedents, then refused t'do it again? That Summer were the best.

[Jun 23, 2004 7:45:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LongJohnGrey

Yep, still active.
Re: Market on Scurvy Reef:
Hypnos wrote: 
I didn't realize it was such a hot forage spot until I dropped it and three pirates showed up on the island in quick succession.
And it wasn't even 9 spaces from the arrow :-).
[Jun 24, 2004 7:33:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates