• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1139 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Blitzen

Swords Reply to this Post

First off I'm curious as to how to get a new sword or improve on your existing one.

Secondly, when you let your cursor hover over your sword in your inventory it gives a display of set of blocks from the swordfighting puzzle, now is this just to imply that the sword is for sword fighting (for those that couldn't grasp that idea?) or does that combination have somehting to do with improving said sword, because I've attempted to make that combination and it is very difficult.
----------------------------------------
In order to secure your freedoms you must deny others of theirs.
[May 27, 2003 3:12:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
muffy

swords Reply to this Post

That thing you see when you hover is the pattern you will drop on your opponent. You can get a new sword from a shoppe, eventually.
[May 27, 2003 3:18:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dnxthx

In the meantime... Reply to this Post

You can get swords by purchasing them from the developers. Look for them online (Cleaver, Nemo, etc).
Duncan
[size=10]Reformed Player
[size=8]Avatar by AaronZOOM
[May 27, 2003 3:26:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Pattern indicators Reply to this Post

Ahh... this might need to be mentioned in the swordfighting instructions. Or perhaps when you buy your first new blade.

The pattern that appears in the tooltip is the pattern you send your opponent. All starting swords (called "fencing swords" or "foils," depending on when you read this) have the same pattern, but the colors can come in many combinations. So, another sword like yours might have red and green on the left, blue and yellow on the right, etc...

Every type of sword (foil, short sword, dirk, scimitar, etc.) has it's own pattern. Within that pattern there is the same sea of color combinations I mentioned above.
Ironmongers will make and sell swords in a similar way to the way the tailors make and sell clothes. The unusual swords out there right now were preliminary tests and we're still testing (we're all testing, this is an Alpha) to see what imbalances the puzzle and might need to be changed.

Ironmongers should be making new swords soon...

-Nemo
[May 27, 2003 3:31:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dnxthx

Re: Swords Reply to this Post

The Mad Mutineers web site has a nice little tutorial on swords as well.

www.madmutineers.com

Note: The post was magically corrected (I had the URL wrong) by some forum God. Thank ye spirit!
Duncan
[size=10]Reformed Player
[size=8]Avatar by AaronZOOM
[May 27, 2003 3:32:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
denbo17

swords Reply to this Post

Why cant every thing be more cheaper because i cant aford most of the stuff like doubloons :( well any they chould be cheaper
Get the stuff CHEAPER plz!!!!
[Jun 28, 2005 4:17:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
emerson

Note the huge bump.
And the huge location.

You don't HAVE to buy things with doubloons--there's a decent selection of things you can purchase that don't have a doubloon delivery charge.

You have to remember that there are live people who bring this game to you. They have mouths to feed, need roofs to cover their heads, and clothes to wear.

Serious MMORPGs will never be totally free--it's just not a sustainable model. Be happy you can play for free at all :)
Cleaver shouts, "I lub this island."
Personally I think that TITS are a technique if they are used less than once every three moves. Any more than that, and you're just waving your exploits in their faces. - Flamer
[Jun 28, 2005 4:22:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Trainer

Why does Cleaver need a new account? Did he lose his?

*points at denbo17's avatar*
[Jun 28, 2005 4:25:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lord_Mogor

/em me thinks someone borrowed his avatar
"They'd already have the plank spank mark on their butts." Emerson, June 16th 2005
Come join us forum tarts at M-tos.da.ru/yppforum/
[Jun 28, 2005 4:53:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates