• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 151
Posts: 151   Pages: 6   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 32639 times and has 150 replies Next Thread
Fava

Re: Pirate Paparazzi - Win a Red Monkey! [Deadline Feb 18th] Reply to this Post

Ooh. Just sent mine in and recieved a confirmation note. Can't wait to see the others...speaking of that, It's creepy not being able to see other entries. It makes me a little nervous 'cause I don't know what I'm up against. It's also kind of good, 'cause this way if two people have the same idea, it's just a coincidence.

Yeah... I went with the private entries not just to keep it certain that similar ideas are mere coincidences, but also for the added bonus that without public posting there is no public commentary. Without public commentary no one needs to worry that nasty comments made by someone with a personal beef will have any effect on judging, nor can there be public praise giving a boost to their competition.

Don't worry, though - the minute I get the judging results tabulated (hopefully just a couple of days after the contest concludes tomorrow night), I will post the link to the entries. They are already being hosted at a super-secret site for the judges to access!
----------------------------------------
Hiding from Hades on Hunter

FO of Flocktarts on Hunter
Exiled Captain of Pod People and Queen of Stalkers on Cobalt
Former Governor of Lima
[Feb 17, 2007 9:23:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zandia

Don't worry, though - the minute I get the judging results tabulated (hopefully just a couple of days after the contest concludes tomorrow night), I will post the link to the entries. They are already being hosted at a super-secret site for the judges to access!

D'oh! I forgot we had to wait until the results came in. Well, I hope it's soon, because I can't wait to see everyone's great entries!

Thanks soooo much for this wonderful event, Fava!!!
Teh Eighth
[Feb 17, 2007 9:37:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

Just a reminder that the deadline is fast approaching!

If you have sent an entry, but have not received a confirmation email, or if you have been asked to resubmit your entry in a new file type, you must resubmit by Midnight game time tonight.

I'm checking my email regularly now (though I may go to bed before Midnight) and the automated confirmations are definitely still working.

Former Governor of Lima
[Feb 18, 2007 5:31:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
codenameX

I mighta missed this but... what time zone is the deadline in?

Also... I'm dyin' of couriousity. About how many entries did you get (if you're allowed to tell!)? :)
~ Anjellee on Hunter

Queen of the flag Masque
Captain of the Marauders
Lieutenant Commander in the Navy
Owner of many ships
[Feb 18, 2007 5:35:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

I mighta missed this but... what time zone is the deadline in?

Also... I'm dyin' of couriousity. About how many entries did you get (if you're allowed to tell!)? :)

The deadline is in Pacific Standard Time (which is game time - you can type /info to see).

So far, there have been about a hundred entries, though several have been disqualified (pending resubmission) for being in the wrong file type - so please make sure you submit an appropriate image file!

Several entries have been document files - those can't be displayed on the site I am hosting entries at, so I cannot accept them as valid entries. If you created your entry in word, take a screenshot (you can use the printscreen button, "prt scr"), paste it into Paint or some other image editing software, the crop and resize, save as a jpeg or png, and email it off to me.

Former Governor of Lima
[Feb 18, 2007 5:47:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

Alas, I've gotten too ambitious and I simply won't make it. Good luck to those who have entered, though! :)
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Feb 18, 2007 8:15:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

Only just made it, if www.timeanddate.com is right.. I have had the most stressful morning.. my internet wouldn't work for at least an hour when I woke up :/
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Feb 19, 2007 12:02:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Beserker36

umm... its Feb 19, at 12:05 Pirate time, and i just managed to send off my entry. I hit the send button at 11:55, but didnt get the confirmation email til just now. will my entry still qualify?
~ Thetwam of Sage:
Senior Officer of Privateers
Lord of Black Flag
[Feb 19, 2007 12:07:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thetwam.110mb.com [Link]  Go to top 
mibshubby

I just want to say good luck to all of my fellow contestants and I am looking forward (and holding my breath) to seeing the top ten. Hopefully mine will be among them.

I imagine there will be a few that are outright bad that would be discarded but the judges are going to have a fun but tough time deciding.
Mibshubby on Hunter, Malachite, & Sage

I have been diagnosed with ADOS - Attention Deficit Oooo Shiney!
[Feb 19, 2007 7:29:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mibshubby [Link]  Go to top 
codenameX

Hardest part is, of course, gonna be the waiting!

Good luck everybody!!
~ Anjellee on Hunter

Queen of the flag Masque
Captain of the Marauders
Owner of many ships
[Feb 19, 2007 8:00:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Berea

How long is this going to take, I'm dieing with anxiety.
Greatheart on the Hunter Ocean
Captain of the crew Company of Heroes
Lord of the flag Havoc
[Feb 19, 2007 8:13:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

umm... its Feb 19, at 12:05 Pirate time, and i just managed to send off my entry. I hit the send button at 11:55, but didnt get the confirmation email til just now. will my entry still qualify?

I didn't have anyone late. You were just under the wire.

For all those who sent an entry in late last night, your entry was received on time. I've sorted them, so you should have a confirmation email that your entry was valid in your inbox. I'd like to thank all who entered, I've been giggling for days at the things you've come up with. You've exceeded my expectations with your humor and creativity.

How long is this going to take, I'm dieing with anxiety.

It'll take the judges a few days to get through them all. So relax, eat some jelly beans, and check back then.

For those who are curious (These aren't exact numbers):

- There were around 110 total entries.
    - Around 20 Were DQed, half of those due to the entry not being an image file.
    - All oceans other than Opal had almost the same amount of entries with Viridian in a slight lead.
    - The most popular Ringers to dig up dirt on were Hypnos and Nemesis.
    - I laughed out loud at least 78 times and spilled my drink twice.

Former Governor of Lima
[Feb 19, 2007 10:01:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
codenameX

For those who are curious (These aren't exact numbers):

- There were around 110 total entries.
    - Around 20 Were DQed, half of those due to the entry not being an image file.
    - All oceans other than Opal had almost the same amount of entries with Viridian in a slight lead.
    - The most popular Ringers to dig up dirt on were Hypnos and Nemesis.
    - I laughed out loud at least 78 times and spilled my drink twice.

Sounds like there'll be some good competition then! I can't wait to see all the entries. :) Hope the judges are laughing just as much.
~ Anjellee on Hunter

Queen of the flag Masque
Captain of the Marauders
Owner of many ships
[Feb 19, 2007 10:41:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kwl_dude

Are the results likely to be before the start of March??
Guitarfreak on Viridian.
Captain of Tread The Floods.
King of Shadow Of The Storm.

[Feb 20, 2007 11:22:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Berea

Fava has said it will take the judges a few days to decide, the deadline was the 18th and this is the 20th. They should have the winners in a few days.
Greatheart on the Hunter Ocean
Captain of the crew Company of Heroes
Lord of the flag Havoc
[Feb 20, 2007 11:56:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kwl_dude

Fava has said it will take the judges a few days to decide, the deadline was the 18th and this is the 20th. They should have the winners in a few days.
Okie-dokie then :D
Guitarfreak on Viridian.
Captain of Tread The Floods.
King of Shadow Of The Storm.

[Feb 20, 2007 2:42:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
satin11

When will the entries be available for veiwing? I'd very much like to see the other entries.
~Satin~
Cobalt/Sage
Nem wrote: 
I think this is the first thread I've seen that claims there aren't enough 'donkeys' in the game. Maybe you're hanging out with the wrong pirates.

[Feb 20, 2007 3:26:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/satin1111111/ [Link]  Go to top 
Cloverwood

Recently, Fava posted:

the minute I get the judging results tabulated [Snip] I will post the link to the entries.

TheRunt (Cerulean)
[Feb 20, 2007 5:06:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
satin11

Ah, missed that. Thank ye.
~Satin~
Cobalt/Sage
Nem wrote: 
I think this is the first thread I've seen that claims there aren't enough 'donkeys' in the game. Maybe you're hanging out with the wrong pirates.

[Feb 20, 2007 5:07:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/satin1111111/ [Link]  Go to top 
andyadhd

I want to see the all, mine was pretty good, i think youll all enjoy it, but seriously, your killin me beanster with all this waiting and such
I cant have a Image sig :(, but i made one anyway, so check it out here
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/1857/curlewsignaturecopyrq2.jpg

Curlewsailor
Fleet Officer Mighty Roar
Lord of Chronicles of Roar
Viridian
[Feb 20, 2007 6:50:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    captainandyhart [Link]  Go to top 
Lovejess

I hope fava tells us which ones caused the spilling of the drink. Its contest like this that make me glad i dont have to judge things like this. I would just give the awards to everyone lol.
Lovejess
Captain of Crimson Blood -Cobolt
Proud princess of Elements of Fear
I love my flag and crew =)
[Feb 21, 2007 5:04:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bobmybob

Arr! Im Getting Anxious...When Are The Final Results Going To Come In?
-Bobbstar-
[Feb 21, 2007 11:42:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
codenameX

Arr! Im Getting Anxious...When Are The Final Results Going To Come In?

Not sure, mate. There doesn't really seem to be a set time structure for judging on these things. I went through the other day and looked at other events. Some results came back after a week or so... or others, like the Dream Shack contest, is goin' on almost a month with no winners posted yet.

I'm tryin' to distract myself by just aqquiring trophies in-game. Got my bejeweled crab the other day. :)
~ Anjellee on Hunter

Queen of the flag Masque
Captain of the Marauders
Owner of many ships
[Feb 22, 2007 7:08:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AndromedaCL

With over 100 entries, I am sure trying to narrow it down and come up with a winner must be a very hard task. Just try to be patient. :-)
Carribean
Carribean Cruise Lines

Androclea's Realm
[Feb 22, 2007 11:57:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/androcleasrealm/home.htm    AndrocleasRealm    AndrocleaNight [Link]  Go to top 
micheee

Aargh! Everytime I see a new post I get all excited in hopes it's some news lol!! I think I need to take this off my watch list so I won't notice it so much.
Itsmeitsme, SO of Artemithian Legions

Some people are like Slinkies; they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

[Feb 22, 2007 12:48:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mibshubby

Aargh! Everytime I see a new post I get all excited in hopes it's some news lol!! I think I need to take this off my watch list so I won't notice it so much.

Same for me. I see that there is an update and I have to check. I don't even have it in my favorites, it is just minimized.
Mibshubby on Hunter, Malachite, & Sage

I have been diagnosed with ADOS - Attention Deficit Oooo Shiney!
[Feb 22, 2007 12:53:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mibshubby [Link]  Go to top 
slntslayer

With over 100 entries, I am sure trying to narrow it down and come up with a winner must be a very hard task. Just try to be patient. :-)

There are only about 90 entries according to Fava that were legit, but either way yes should take quite a while to clean up all those coffee stains from dropping cups and spewing coffee all over computer screen while laughing.
When all else fails, go blow something up.
I'm a BK hunting trollop, and how!
Rehio wrote: 
There's gotta be some law that prohibits Rashnu from having any sort of contact with greenies.

Rashnu
i R slo kiddo.....
[Feb 22, 2007 1:27:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
loopydoopy12

I am getting so ticked. It is the 23rd. Maybe Fava will be done by beginning of March. Well anyway, who did you guys do yer paparazzi on? Mine was on Prometheus.
Cap'n of dah Crew Nevermind the Bollocks
Blockade Coordinater for Avenger's Glory
Coure.
[Feb 23, 2007 5:58:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RupertTomes

/e stands in the corner carving tallys in the wall for each day he waits....
Ricecakesy
A delicious nude FO of Skinny Dipped
Nude Bnaver for hire, Inquire within.

Hypnos says:
"Hey tart, I'm going to dig up your dead ancestors and scupper their bones o look I got one in the eye socket HAHAHAHA."

Avie by Pog
[Feb 23, 2007 6:14:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Goosecross

I am getting so ticked. It is the 23rd. Maybe Fava will be done by beginning of March. Well anyway, who did you guys do yer paparazzi on? Mine was on Prometheus.

The deadline was the 18th at 11:59. Thus judges wouldn't have gotten it till morning of the 19th at BEST. But with work and life they most likely got it the night of the 19th. I think you need to calm down and relax... it's only been 4 days. There almost 100 entries to go through, multiple judges to wrangle, and she has to organize the host site so we can all see the entries. Most familiar competitions take more than a week (see the song writing one that just announced winners that took 11 days to judge). I think it's only fair to give Fava a reasonable time. Patience.... yeesh, she was nice enough to put the time in to run this. The least we can do is be reasonable and wait patiently.
Warning: This be a goose crossing.
[Feb 23, 2007 6:35:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 151   Pages: 6   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates