• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 151
Posts: 151   Pages: 6   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 32641 times and has 150 replies Next Thread
lulunz

Re: Pirate Paparazzi - Win a Red Monkey! [Deadline Feb 18th] Reply to this Post

Just a little clarification: are you after British-style tabloid (e.g. 'Teenage doctor-priest in sex-change mercy dash to palace corgi') or US-style tabloid (e.g. Bat Boy eats Elvis-Alien love child, and actual ones like these), or either of the two?

There's just a bit of a cultural difference between the two, is all.
----------------------------------------
Sante of Sagemerald
Senior Officer and Poet of the Lost Lot
Not bitter, just Twisted
[Jan 28, 2007 5:06:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

Just a little clarification: are you after British-style tabloid (e.g. 'Teenage doctor-priest in sex-change mercy dash to palace corgi') or US-style tabloid (e.g. Bat Boy eats Elvis-Alien love child, and actual ones like these), or either of the two?

There's just a bit of a cultural difference between the two, is all.

Either type of tabloid is perfectly fine. (You can actually find both types in the US.)
Hiding from Hades on Hunter

FO of Flocktarts on Hunter
Exiled Captain of Pod People and Queen of Stalkers on Cobalt
Former Governor of Lima
[Jan 28, 2007 5:45:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

I hate to double-post, but a couple of recent entries have brought something to my attention that requires a clarification of the rules:

If you choose to do cut-and-paste art, you may use in-game material, or images from in-game portraits, but please do not use artwork created by other players, unless that player gives specific written permission in this thread or by PMing me.

Former Governor of Lima
[Jan 28, 2007 6:54:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rbbarker

...do not use artwork created by other players, unless that player gives specific written permission in this thread or by PMing me.

Wouldn't that constitute an unfair 'team-effort' submission?
Baldo
now retired
[Jan 29, 2007 3:09:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rbbarker

Also (sorry, thought of this later) will you either be creating a list of qualified entries or responding to the e-mails that the entry was qualified and accepted? Thanks.
Baldo
now retired
[Jan 29, 2007 3:21:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

...do not use artwork created by other players, unless that player gives specific written permission in this thread or by PMing me.

Wouldn't that constitute an unfair 'team-effort' submission?

I can't actually stop team submissions, since I have no way to check it. There will only be one prize per entry, though.

What I am referring to, and what I will disqualify someone for, is taking artwork created by another player for another event and using it in entries for this contest. There have been many OM-related art contests and a couple of (disqualified) entries have poached artwork from these.

Also (sorry, thought of this later) will you either be creating a list of qualified entries or responding to the e-mails that the entry was qualified and accepted? Thanks.

Entrants will get two responses to their submissions. The first is an automated response to let you know your email hit my in-box. The second I will send by hand after sorting the entry. This second email will also include confirmation of validity, or an explaination for why the submission is disqualified.

Former Governor of Lima
[Jan 29, 2007 6:37:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ray_Leo

When we send in our entry, can we send in the link to the picture? or do we have to clip it with the mail?

I want to send u the link only.
Sharkiez, Sage
My first comic
[Jan 31, 2007 2:19:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

When we send in our entry, can we send in the link to the picture? or do we have to clip it with the mail?

I want to send u the link only.

As a said a couple of pages ago, you can choose to send either a link or an attachment. Just make sure your link is externally viewable without a password.

Former Governor of Lima
[Jan 31, 2007 8:54:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tomas_1234

2 Questions,

1. Can the tabloid pictures be drawn by hand but the title page and everything else on the computer?

2. Should there be an article on the stroy you are writing about? or just a caption?
Tomsy of Malachite
Crew - Nautical Mishap
Member of - Veil of Chaos

100% grade A Malachite!
[Jan 31, 2007 6:01:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zandia

2. Should there be an article on the stroy you are writing about? or just a caption?

The answer to this question is on the sixth post of this thread.
Teh Eighth
[Jan 31, 2007 6:59:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

2 Questions,

1. Can the tabloid pictures be drawn by hand but the title page and everything else on the computer?

You can use any mix of art or design you would like to use, and long as it's all yours. If you want to draw part by hand and part on the computer, that is completely acceptable.

As I said before, you don't need to write a complete article. Just create a cover page for your tabloid - you needn't worry about what a reader would find flipping beyond the cover.

Former Governor of Lima
[Jan 31, 2007 9:43:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Goosecross

Can you also use real life celebs along with the ringer ones for the cover and headlines?
Warning: This be a goose crossing.
[Feb 6, 2007 7:42:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

Can you also use real life celebs along with the ringer ones for the cover and headlines?

Aye, ye can use real-world celebrities in your entries. Just make sure the Ringers are among your main targets.

Former Governor of Lima
[Feb 6, 2007 2:24:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
loopydoopy12

I just sent in my entry!
Cap'n of dah Crew Nevermind the Bollocks
Blockade Coordinater for Avenger's Glory
Coure.
[Feb 11, 2007 8:03:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RupertTomes

Are all these contests drawn out like this....

my goodness....

lol, waiting for the results sucks
Ricecakesy
A delicious nude FO of Skinny Dipped
Nude Bnaver for hire, Inquire within.

Hypnos says:
"Hey tart, I'm going to dig up your dead ancestors and scupper their bones o look I got one in the eye socket HAHAHAHA."

Avie by Pog
[Feb 11, 2007 10:03:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
FallenTree

First, wait for the contest to actually end.
Bullettime on Hunter Ocean
Retired? Yeah, let's go with that.
[Feb 11, 2007 10:09:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
loopydoopy12

I HEART ARSENAL

RAISE UR HAND IF YOU DO TOO
Cap'n of dah Crew Nevermind the Bollocks
Blockade Coordinater for Avenger's Glory
Coure.
[Feb 11, 2007 12:35:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bazzacookie

Yah, well, do you just take a picture then send it on here?

Thanko :) xx
[Feb 13, 2007 12:30:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RupertTomes

I know im waiting...

Im just waiting extremely impatiently...

Tis all
Ricecakesy

Hypnos says:
"Hey tart, I'm going to dig up your dead ancestors and scupper their bones o look I got one in the eye socket HAHAHAHA."

Avie by Pog
[Feb 13, 2007 7:05:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Santivak

/e wonders if this was already asked...
What exactly IS "stalking"? It may be something for which I use the softer words, "Hunting down".
As in, are you allowed to do some /who-ing or is that "stalking"?
Santivak.
FO of Deliverance
Member of The Eye
To-Be ruler of the world
[Feb 13, 2007 7:11:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RupertTomes

I think what she is going for here is, Dont bother the OMs for help, this event involves them, but not neccesarily directly.

If you ask one, and they are cool with it, then awesome.

But dont pester, petition, or follow an OM around for a screenie. Like i PM'ed the two OMs I used with a Linky to the Tabliod. I didnt really ask for much from the two of them. Infact I didnt ask one of them for anything at all.

Be respectful. Thats all.
Ricecakesy

Hypnos says:

Avie by Pog
[Feb 13, 2007 7:21:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

/e wonders if this was already asked...
What exactly IS "stalking"? It may be something for which I use the softer words, "Hunting down".
As in, are you allowed to do some /who-ing or is that "stalking"?

You can do anything as long as you don't actually contact the OMs. If you see an OM on the dock and want to take a screenie and use it, that's fine, but don't search for them to get a screenie.

Since you can make up your cover picture by drawing or cutting and pasting the OM images available in the wiki, you shouldn't need to contact any OMs ever for this contest. They are not participants, merely willing subjects.

I think what she is going for here is, Dont bother the OMs for help, this event involves them, but not neccesarily directly.

If you ask one, and they are cool with it, then awesome.

But dont pester, petition, or follow an OM around for a screenie. Like i PM'ed the two OMs I used with a Linky to the Tabliod. I didnt really ask for much from the two of them. Infact I didnt ask one of them for anything at all.

Be respectful. Thats all.

No, I didn't just mean be respectful. When I said "do not attempt to contact any Ocean Master or developer regarding this event," I meant don't contact the Ringers in any way regarding this contest.

If any Ringer informs me that they were troubled by an entrant, I will disqualify that entrant.

There really is no reason to talk to the OMs. If you need an image, check the wiki. Your story's headline should be a complete invention and your image must be original artwork, so the OMs really can't help you anyway. Be creative, have fun making stuff up. Don't bug the OMs.

Former Governor of Lima
[Feb 13, 2007 9:06:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dark_Despair

okies heres my Question. if say by chance a mate of mine had a dealing with an OM. and had a portait done as them both zombies can i modify the portait and what not even thought the OM was on an alt?

basicly what im saying is: does an OM's alt count?
Yamiko of Viridian

Senior Officer and loyal member of Silver Dragons
tart and Wench of many, Lover to one.
Canadian all the way through

lovely avitar art by Cambiata!
[Feb 14, 2007 6:40:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

If it is a known Ringer alt residing in a Ringer flag (e.g. Minthe in Death's Banner), you can use the character as your subject.

Former Governor of Lima
[Feb 14, 2007 8:01:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

Fava, this is a brilliant event :)
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Feb 16, 2007 8:31:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
artaban

Greetings Fava.
Cool event!
I created an entry and attempted to e-mail it as directed once yesterday morning and again this afternoon and have not gotten an auto-respond or a response from you directly. The e-mail was not sent back undeliverable so I have no idea if it made it through or not.
Could you please let me know if it got to you and if it didn't is there a different e-mail account I could send it to?
It was under the name Willhelmina-Sage.
Thank you!
artaban
[Feb 16, 2007 3:15:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fava

Greetings Fava.
Cool event!
I created an entry and attempted to e-mail it as directed once yesterday morning and again this afternoon and have not gotten an auto-respond or a response from you directly. The e-mail was not sent back undeliverable so I have no idea if it made it through or not.
Could you please let me know if it got to you and if it didn't is there a different e-mail account I could send it to?
It was under the name Willhelmina-Sage.
Thank you!
artaban

I don't have any other email account to send to. I haven't had any complaints about emails not getting there yet, and I know the autoresponse is still working (and I sort entries at least once a day for the hand response as well).

Make sure you spelled the email properly. It happens more often with my personal email than with my event email, but typos could send your entry to someone else! The address, as I'm sure you're aware, is favaevents@gmail.com, so try to send it again. If it still doesn't go through, there could be a problem with the attechment that causes it to be filtered. Try hosting your image at imageshack or photobucket, and send me the link.

I hope that works!

Former Governor of Lima
[Feb 16, 2007 5:22:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zandia

I'm sooooo glad that this event is almost over, but only because I'll finally get to see everyone's work. Good luck everyone!!!
Teh Eighth
[Feb 16, 2007 7:15:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
karlathemex

YEAH! im WAY excited to see all the entries!
pazy on midnight
[Feb 17, 2007 12:40:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Libelle

Ooh. Just sent mine in and recieved a confirmation note. Can't wait to see the others...speaking of that, It's creepy not being able to see other entries. It makes me a little nervous 'cause I don't know what I'm up against. It's also kind of good, 'cause this way if two people have the same idea, it's just a coincidence.
Kolibri of Viridian
Libelle on Hunter & Sage

[Feb 17, 2007 2:44:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Zorkable [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 151   Pages: 6   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates