• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 759
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 240119 times and has 758 replies Next Thread
Publandlord

Re: Pirate Commodity Trader... with Bleach! A new 3rd party tool Reply to this Post

Sorry for so quick, I'm a technologist, not a lawyer. Like just about everyone else I know, I call all Unix - like OS's Unix. Only Valley Girls stick like into their sentences when it's not necessary, and I don't mean Silicon. If I was writing a manual, I'd have my lawyer proof read it and he'd fix that sort of thing.

If you can direct me to the source, I'd be very thankful.

This git repository, in particular, is the right one for the uploader (link).
----------------------------------------
Anaplian, Shadow Riders, Midnight Ocean
[Mar 2, 2011 12:00:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Katebarloww

Re: Pirate Commodity Trader... with Bleach! A new 3rd party tool Reply to this Post

requires Windows

Lame.
Not / Maliya. Mostly Emerald.
[Mar 4, 2011 7:10:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

requires Windows

Lame.

Not much context here, but I think you are replying to the original post in this thread about the old OCR code. There is new code that works on both windows and linux. And, Siriuskase just a few days ago said she would look into porting it to OS X.

And, no matter what, I appreciate the work people do and give away. I certainly don't consider it "lame".
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Mar 4, 2011 7:16:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Katebarloww

requires Windows

Lame.

Not much context here, but I think you are replying to the original post in this thread about the old OCR code. There is new code that works on both windows and linux. And, Siriuskase just a few days ago said she would look into porting it to OS X.

And, no matter what, I appreciate the work people do and give away. I certainly don't consider it "lame".

Haha, no it's definitely not lame. This thing is actually quite awesome, and I think fantastic that she has worked this hard for everyone.
I'm just jealous and either wish it was in OS X or that I had Windows :)

And whoops. Guess I missed the part about OS X. There was a lot to sift through :P

/me votes that the first post be edited in light of the new codes? At least to say that it's in linux now.
Not / Maliya. Mostly Emerald.
[Mar 4, 2011 10:22:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
escooper

I only wish for PCT to have the ability to sort out items during searches. For instance, I really dislike having it show me all the wood runs (at unlimited volume) and hemp runs I could do.

Samjones
Midnight Ocean
Samjones (All oceans)
Collector of ships with Mummichog fish name and Moody Adjective.

Be a pirate. Play like a pirate today #puzzlepirates
[Mar 5, 2011 5:53:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

I only wish for PCT to have the ability to sort out items during searches. For instance, I really dislike having it show me all the wood runs (at unlimited volume) and hemp runs I could do.

Try using YARRG for that kind of thing. It does a *MUCH* better job of finding good trade runs. It isn't as good at some other things as PCTB. The great thing is that the new uploader will upload to both, so you can freely mix and match, depending on what you want to do.

edit: Oh, technically PCT is a different program than PCTB. It no longer works, but had better support for trade runs than PCTB too.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by wrs1864b at Mar 5, 2011 5:58:33 AM]
[Mar 5, 2011 5:55:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alfwyn

A while ago selected buildings were added to the Opal YPP pages (in the english wiki), apparently because PCTB needed them. I'm not really clear if that was only a temporary test that failed for other reasons or something. I just removed those buildings, does it break something?

It feel it is really unsatesfactory to either copy buildings over from the german wiki everytime something changes, or to have a incomplete list with just the palace/commodities market. Or put in another way - don't fix YPPedia so PCTB can use it, fix PCTB to look up the information in the german (spanish) wiki (if this is still an issue).
[Mar 8, 2011 1:27:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

A while ago selected buildings were added to the Opal YPP pages (in the english wiki), apparently because PCTB needed them. I'm not really clear if that was only a temporary test that failed for other reasons or something. I just removed those buildings, does it break something?

It feel it is really unsatesfactory to either copy buildings over from the german wiki everytime something changes, or to have a incomplete list with just the palace/commodities market. Or put in another way - don't fix YPPedia so PCTB can use it, fix PCTB to look up the information in the german (spanish) wiki (if this is still an issue).

My understanding is that the PCTB OCR code can't tell which island is being uploaded, so it (or the website?) checks the yppedia vs the building names uploaded to make sure the right island/ocean is being uploaded.

The new JARRG uploader, however, can figure it out so it isn't needed. So, the best "fix" is to use the newer code.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by wrs1864b at Mar 8, 2011 3:36:15 PM]
[Mar 8, 2011 3:35:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

/me votes that the first post be edited in light of the new codes? At least to say that it's in linux now.

We'd love to, but the OP vanished more than 4 years ago. It has made many parts of this project much more difficult.
[Mar 14, 2011 8:36:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aristarchus

I'm pleased to announce Jarrg 1.0.5. Jarrg is a data uploader for YARRG and PCTB.

This is a bugfix release: it fixes a number of thread-safety problems.

As far as I'm aware none of these problems have ever caused anything to go wrong for anyone, but the code was not correct and could in theory have caused unpredictable malfunctions including even JVM crashes.

Full details about Jarrg and YARRG, including the download links, can be found at http://yarrg.chiark.net/upload. Please post bug reports and other feedback here, email us, or talk to a Fleet Officer or above of Special Circumstances on Midnight.

(This message posted to both the JARRG and PCTB threads.)
[Apr 2, 2011 1:08:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aristarchus

There's a discussion in another thread about PCTB's support for the new merged oceans. I see that Cerulean is now open for testing (it will be reset later). So someone should arrange for PCTB to have it.

Alternatively, plug plug, people could use YARRG which already supports Cerulean on its testing server
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Aristarchus at Jan 5, 2012 5:34:21 PM]
[Jan 5, 2012 5:33:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vorky

I've added the Cerulean Ocean to PCTB database and have successfully uploaded some trade data for some islands (Carmine, Cochineal and Crimson Island)
I can't seem to get bid data to upload though.
[Jan 7, 2012 12:17:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fixated

For whatever reason, Cobalt is showing Sage's islands (and the other way around) and a lot of the islands are showing up as, "Unknown." Anyone else getting this problem, or is this just me?
[Jan 15, 2012 6:15:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Trogo1

Is it possible to upload data from a Mac now? If so, how?
Trogo on Viridian.
[Jan 20, 2012 8:19:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aristarchus

Is it possible to upload data from a Mac now? If so, how?

AIUI the PCTB OCR client doesn't support Macs. The Jarrg uploader can probably be made to work on Macs and can upload to PCTB as well as YARRG, but the Mac support isn't there yet, as I said in the other thread. I'm hoping someone with a Mac and some expertise will be able to help out.
[Jan 25, 2012 4:05:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
labourt

Where are the source files for the uploader? I can't find them on SourceForge.
[Feb 4, 2012 6:59:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fjc7

For which uploader? The source files for the version 5 client (written in C#) that uses OCR and is referenced from the PCTB website are here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pctb2/files/

Yuhu on Emerald
[Feb 4, 2012 10:29:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Populous5

i get a error massage with the code 695150.

i got it when i try to upload admiral and the server wont allow a aim admiral route.
I hope i gave a the info essasery.

sorry for the bad english
[Aug 12, 2012 2:47:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vortexae

Hey sweeties,

Is PCTB still a going concern in these post-Ocean Merge days? I just now visited the website and couldn't get any data on commodities. Is it a matter of us needing to run the data-gathering tool on the new Oceans a bit? 'cause I can do that.
Cerulean: Teshka
Meridian: Millefleur, Oshun & the crew
Emerald: Nensieuisge. Also Millefleur.
Y en el Océano Jade, soy la pirata Serenidad.

I blog YPP!
[Sep 25, 2012 3:29:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.nicolejleboeuf.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
helluvadrunk

I've just started my attempt to memorize the ocean so found this to be an amazing tool - but the data did seem out of date. I didn't even realize that there was an upload tool (not sure how I thought the data was getting to PCTB....) so I'm definitely going to start running it as much as I can now.
Helluvadrunk - Emerald
[Oct 1, 2012 10:11:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vorky

Yes, Emerald is rather out of date.
I updated a few island using the Jarrg up-loader.
[Oct 5, 2012 6:57:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vorky

It looks like the PCTB site is down at the moment, hopefully just a temporary glitch.
[Oct 6, 2012 2:27:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
feyatena

...I might die of boredom without this tool. Hope it gets back up and running soon. It's been 2 days already :(
Youshen and who else I can be-catch me if you can ^_^
[Oct 8, 2012 3:07:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
canaryjoe

.. Tues Oct. 9th ..

says it's unable to find the server at pctb.crabdance.com

/me cries
[Oct 9, 2012 8:57:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
helluvadrunk

Looks like it's still down today - is it server issue or a bug?
Helluvadrunk - Emerald
[Oct 9, 2012 9:10:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Looks like it's still down today - is it server issue or a bug?

If you look back at the very first post in this thread, you find that Gorondo used a bunch of free services to host PCTB, and he said that things might go away. Sadly, after many years, things have finally broken.

In this particular case, crabdance.com has stopped supporting the name "pctb.crabdance.com". The actual web pages and database may still be out there, but there is no easy way to get to it. Its like getting a new phone number, without having your name in the phone directory. Sure, in theory, people could call you but no one knows your number and extension.

Until it gets fixed, and it may never get fixed, I highly recommend using the YARRG website. Although there are a few things I like better with PCTB, for the most part, YARRG does things better.

For more information about YARRG, see the YARRG yppedia page and the YARRG forum thread.

Edit:

Uh, I missed the obvious. You can get the PCTB website to work again by adding the following line to your /etc/hosts file:
208.77.158.110 pctb.crabdance.com

To continue my analogy from above, this effectively puts PCTB's name back in the phone directory.

Mind you, it looks like nothing has been updated for several days, but everything still seems to be there.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by wrs1864b at Oct 9, 2012 10:41:19 AM]
[Oct 9, 2012 10:02:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
helluvadrunk

Edit:

Uh, I missed the obvious. You can get the PCTB website to work again by adding the following line to your /etc/hosts file:
208.77.158.110 pctb.crabdance.com

To continue my analogy from above, this effectively puts PCTB's name back in the phone directory.

Mind you, it looks like nothing has been updated for several days, but everything still seems to be there.

Thanks Algol - works great now.

For those like me: how to change your hosts file
Helluvadrunk - Emerald
[Oct 10, 2012 8:45:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vortexae

Thanks -- I couldn't remember where the hosts file lived under Win 7...

Having edited my hosts file, the crabdance site is working well for me. I think the version of the site I was attempting to use was pctb.ilk.org, and that doesn't have the new oceans in it.

I'll investigate YARRG, though. Thanks for the tip!
Cerulean: Teshka
Meridian: Millefleur, Oshun & the crew
Emerald: Nensieuisge. Also Millefleur.
Y en el Océano Jade, soy la pirata Serenidad.

I blog YPP!
[Oct 11, 2012 1:50:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.nicolejleboeuf.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Vorky

I tried adding Meridian to pctb.ilk.org the same way I did for crabdance but I get an error

There was a database error. Please report what you were doing on the forums, and refer to error number 12425.

The host file fix got the YARGG uploader working for me uploading to both YARGG and PCTB.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Vorky at Oct 12, 2012 10:31:22 PM]
[Oct 12, 2012 10:31:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Catcritter

Thanks for telling us how to get the site to work. I did get the JAARG uploader to work as well.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Catcritter at Nov 8, 2012 6:42:00 AM]
[Nov 8, 2012 6:04:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    clcritter.geo [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates