• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 759
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 240120 times and has 758 replies Next Thread
AtariRaccoon

Re: Pirate Commodity Trader... with Bleach! A new 3rd party tool Reply to this Post

<overdrama>If ONLY there was a prog to update to PCTwB that runs on win98 without taking 30 mins to do an island. </overdrama>

Untill then, "I'm" that guy that keeps using version 3.
----------------------------------------
Murasaki, the most interesting man on Midnight

"I don't always finish my signatures, but when I do
[May 25, 2009 5:48:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Burninat0r

Re: Pirate Commodity Trader... with Bleach! A new 3rd party tool Reply to this Post

<overdrama>If ONLY there was a prog to update to PCTwB that runs on win98 without taking 30 mins to do an island. </overdrama>

Untill then, "I'm" that guy that keeps using version 3.

I'm working on getting approval from Three Rings for one. Haven't heard back though.

ALSO. PCTB is currently broken, can one of the people with access to the server check it out? Thanks.
Burninator

Very retired. Not coming back.
[May 30, 2009 9:24:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fjc7

I don't have access to the server, but I just tried uploading and viewing data and it worked for me (using version 5 client). What was broken?

Yuhu on Sage
[May 30, 2009 10:44:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aristarchus

Working on a Linux client

I'm well through the development of an upload tool for Linux. I'll announce it here when it's ready of course.

I have some questions for the PCTBwB developers, though:

• Is there any documentation for the pctb upload protocol that's not in the PPAOCR_src_5.0.25.zip as available from Sourceforge? If there isn't then I can probably reverse engineer it easily enough, although I might have to see if I can find a Windows machine to run it on so I can get a log of an actual protocol run.
  • I assume that the Ringers are well aware of pctb and do not object. Since my client is doing exactly the same kind of things, I don't think they should object to that either, but it would be nice to check. Should I use a /petition in-game to ask ?
  • Is there a way for my upload client to declare its version to the pctb server ? If I write a buggy uploader it would be nice for the pctb server operators to be able to disable it at their end, to avoid polluting the dataset.
  • Have you had explicit permission from Three Rings to include the font data in your client ? I'm not sure where my game client is getting its font data but I suspect it might be part of the game install and I don't want to tread on any toes by scraping the letter shapes into my own pctb uploader.
  • I assume that it would be OK for me to test my new client by attempting to upload data for Ice.

Many of these questions, and any followups, are perhaps best dealt with by email. My email address is ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk but it has a very fierce spamfilter so you may prefer ijackson (plus sign) zuitqyw8 (at sign) slimy.greenend.org.uk which I have just set up temporarily for this.
[Jun 1, 2009 3:47:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Burninat0r

I don't have access to the server, but I just tried uploading and viewing data and it worked for me (using version 5 client). What was broken?

Yuhu on Sage

The Ajaxy stuff wasn't loading. So you couldn't view data at all.
Burninator

[Jun 1, 2009 4:38:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

Working on a Linux client

WOOT!

I'm replying to all the various questions via email, since it's just a better format for this.
[Jun 1, 2009 1:52:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tanonev

There should probably be a bit more open communication among the people working on this project, considering that Burni's client works on Windows, Mac, AND Linux. :P
Tanonev on all oceans; currently exploring Meridian.
Puppetar by Tilinka
[Jun 1, 2009 5:20:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.alpha-slash.com [Link]  Go to top 
fjc7

Agreed.

I was trying to get the .net based client (current version 5) to work on Linux via Mono, but have been busy in RL lately with other things. I did get it to the point that it would run and do screen captures, but haven't gotten the mouse/keyboard part working.

However, I currently think that the approach Burninator is working on sounds much more promissing.

Yuhu on Sage
[Jun 1, 2009 7:53:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Burninat0r

There should probably be a bit more open communication among the people working on this project, considering that Burni's client works on Windows, Mac, AND Linux. :P

I also replied to his questions via email. ;)
Burninator

[Jun 2, 2009 7:03:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AtariRaccoon

I'm working on getting approval from Three Rings for one. Haven't heard back though.

ALSO. PCTB is currently broken, can one of the people with access to the server check it out? Thanks.

You are my hero!
Murasaki, the most interesting man on Midnight

"I don't always finish my signatures, but when I do
[Jun 2, 2009 9:20:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
trollsb

The OCR tool doesnt like larger font settings option on ypp either, oh the amount of restart!
Trollsb - Cerulean (Midnight)
[Jun 23, 2009 8:48:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.trollsb.com [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

The OCR tool doesnt like larger font settings option on ypp either, oh the amount of restart!

Yeah, the OCR tool is actually working with pictures of each letter, so if you change anything at all is stops working.
[Jun 24, 2009 6:34:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nintendo_07

Yeah, the OCR tool is actually working with pictures of each letter, so if you change anything at all is stops working.

Couldn't you just have multiple sets of characters and let the OCR tool match which one the Y!PP client is using?
I wrote: 
Always think you're right, unless you're wrong.

Erdd on Emerald
Captain of Starfleet-East
Member of Hooked
[Jun 28, 2009 10:39:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
fjc7

Yes. Although the positions of some things change with the larger font and it appears that some of the algorithms in the client to find those positions aren't robust enough. So, it isn't just a matter of replacing the font bitmap and info.xml file. But, it shouldn't be too difficult to fix. Hopefully the new java based clients will be available soon, if not then I'll see if I can find some time to add this to the current client.

Yuhu on Sage
[Jun 28, 2009 3:20:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dpmiller

Well, ever since I have started playing YPP again I have looked this tool and used it. It has worked like a charm!

Today when I tried to configure a route it just stopped working. None of the tabs work. You click on it and nothing comes up.

I really enjoy this tool and it helps a bunch.

Thanks,
Vanderman
Vanderman-Cobalt
Fleet Officer of Fire and Ice
Flag: Elements of Fear
[Jul 3, 2009 6:06:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KingOfZeal

Seems to work fine for me. Whenever it just stops like that for me, which is does once in a long while, normally just refreshing the page gets it working again. I know it's simple, but have you tried doing that?
Yamorg, Captain and Navigator
Founder, Privately Funded Pirates Association©
Midnight Ocean

[14:37:38] Mystere says, "Those without a barnacle , please come aboard the Pretty Gar"

[Jul 3, 2009 6:28:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    KingOfZeal [Link]  Go to top 
JimTheFly

Just wondering: About when do you figure that the new Persimmon items (cloth, paint, and enamel so far) will be added into the database? I'm curious partly because it gives another opportunity for poe-making, and partly because I just don't like getting error messages when the client scans in the info. My latest upload of commodities from Lima (on Viridian) ended up with a string of error messages nearly a full screen high, just for persimmon items.
[Jul 4, 2009 11:17:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.videogamezombies.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Persimmon cloth, paint and enamel haven't been released yet...
[Jul 4, 2009 11:40:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

Apparently they have because they're on the commodity list on Viridian.
On Viridian as Arcturis, Captain of The Rum Running Dragons and King of Demons and Damsels
[Jul 4, 2009 11:47:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

No, persimmon clothing and swords have both been released, allowing tailor and IM owners to post buy offers for cloth and enamels respectively, however the cloth, enamels and paints have not been released. Shame the tailor and IM owners don't read the release notes, because it's specifically mention there.
[Jul 5, 2009 12:09:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

Regardless, the fact it can be listed and is currently listed on the commodity list on Lima (Viridian) means that they should be added to the commodity list to alleviate the error messages that Jim is reporting.
On Viridian as Arcturis, Captain of The Rum Running Dragons and King of Demons and Damsels
[Jul 5, 2009 1:14:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

Regardless, the fact it can be listed and is currently listed on the commodity list on Lima (Viridian) means that they should be added to the commodity list to alleviate the error messages that Jim is reporting.

OK, I've just been poking around in an attempt to do just this. There's only one problem - since these items have actually not yet been released there is no documentation out there for me to use to correctly define them. Apparently with the 7/1 release they were added just enough that stalls can offer to buy, but no one can make any to sell. (This was a poor decision on the part of the developers, IMO.)

We've got a new client version in the works that won't toss errors when it finds commodities it doesn't know about. I'll add the new commodities to the server as soon as they're released.
[Jul 5, 2009 3:59:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JimTheFly

Thanks. I never really looked at the listing and therefore didn't notice that the persimmon items were buy-only for the stalls and a sold commodity yet. (Man, I mangled the wording of that). I agree with you that the timing of the update wasn't good because it creates a weird kind of vapormarket because no one knows how much persimmon cloth/paint/enamel/etc will cost, so it's all round numbers and one-upsmanship right now.

I do like the idea of having a client update that doesn't respond with errors for new commodities. That way, going forward, if there are any other new commodities that get added in the same way, we won't have screen-sized error messages. :)
[Jul 5, 2009 10:59:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.videogamezombies.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
barlennan

I do like the idea of having a client update that doesn't respond with errors for new commodities. That way, going forward, if there are any other new commodities that get added in the same way, we won't have screen-sized error messages. :)

There's a new version waiting to go up (production changes take a little bit) that will toss one message per commodity that explains that there is a problem. Otherwise unknown commods could go unnoticed for a while. But it ought to be cleaner about it than the current version is.

There's also a new Linux client (OCR-based) that's about to roll out into beta testing while we're waiting on the Ringers to actually respond about the Java client.
[Jul 6, 2009 6:43:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KingOfZeal

New client mentioned it up on the production server.
Yamorg, Captain and Navigator
Founder, Privately Funded Pirates Association©
Midnight Ocean

[14:37:38] Mystere says, "Those without a barnacle , please come aboard the Pretty Gar"

[Jul 6, 2009 2:48:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    KingOfZeal [Link]  Go to top 
shawn007

On admiral (sage) I have problems with the collection client stopping short. Fix possible?
Shawnthgreta of Sage
Former Prince of HE
Forme SO of YWN
FO of JFF
[Jul 11, 2009 9:13:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Burninat0r

OK guys, here's the deal. So far I've been unable to get official OOO endorsement for my Java PCTB client, which means that I can't distribute it publicly. However, if you are interested and want to PM me, I will happily provide you with the link to download it.

Disclaimer: My client is not supported or endorsed by Three Rings, so use at your own risk.

The Java client is an order of magnitude faster than the current client, and also runs on all 3 platforms (Windows, Mac, and Linux). The only slow point is waiting for the PCTB server to confirm a successful upload!

I've also built in an auto-update system, so when I need to update the client to fix bugs or address changes in YPP, the client will automatically update without a need to do anything.

Remember this is not endorsed by OOO, but send a PM if you'd like to try it.
Burninator

[Jul 11, 2009 4:15:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fjc7

For the problem with the collection client stopping short:

I just tried capturing on Admiral and it worked fine for me. I'll be glad to fix it if I can repeat the problem or figure out what is going wrong.

What version of the client are you using (5.0.27 is latest for version 5 client)? What OS are you using? What puzzle pirates screen size are you using? Does it happen every time? Only on Admiral? Is the auto scrolling slow before it stops (scanning Admiral on my computer takes less than 15 seconds)? If the scrolling is too slow on your computer then it could possibly give up and stop short. It usually scrolls down one screen at a time and then when it gets near the end it will scroll one line at a time to get the last few lines. Does it scroll one screen at a time and then switch to one line at a time before it stops prematurely?

You can submit a defect to the client project on http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/pctb2 if you want and we can follow up with details there.

Or you could try Burninator's Java client if you are ok with the disclaimer about it. It should be much faster and is a very nice client.

Yuhu on Sage
[Jul 11, 2009 10:11:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brandishwar

Or you could try Burninator's Java client if you are ok with the disclaimer about it. It should be much faster and is a very nice client.

I inquired of Burn why he felt the need to seek an endorsement from the Ringers regarding his client. I didn't have to seek one for the Trade Profiteer (and I haven't been contacted by the Ringers about it) and as far as I know no one else has had to seek an endorsement for their third party tools. Given what Burninat0r told me about his code, I would highly, highly recommend against using his client. Given the installation instructions and his explanations of what his client does, you'll be risking a termination by using his client.

I won't divulge what he's told me, but given what he said in his PM, don't use it. Sorry Burn, but I'm not even going to consider touching your client.
[Jul 14, 2009 12:19:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Burninat0r

I inquired of Burn why he felt the need to seek an endorsement from the Ringers regarding his client. I didn't have to seek one for the Trade Profiteer (and I haven't been contacted by the Ringers about it) and as far as I know no one else has had to seek an endorsement for their third party tools. Given what Burninat0r told me about his code, I would highly, highly recommend against using his client. Given the installation instructions and his explanations of what his client does, you'll be risking a termination by using his client.

I won't divulge what he's told me, but given what he said in his PM, don't use it. Sorry Burn, but I'm not even going to consider touching your client.

What I told him:

I require an endorsement from OOO because the client in its current form modifies a couple YPP files (getdown.txt, digest.txt, which contain parameters that tell YPP what to load) in order to load my client as a Java assistive technology. I've sent in asking if I change it so that I modify the JVM instead, if it will be accepted, but have not got a response.

I'm doubtful this would snag you a ban, though obviously I'm not OOO and don't make that decision. If you feel the risk is too great, by all means keep using the slower OCR client. =)
Burninator

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Burninat0r at Jul 14, 2009 4:52:12 AM]
[Jul 14, 2009 4:49:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 759   Pages: 26   [ First Page | Previous Page | 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates