• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 66
Posts: 66   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 19918 times and has 65 replies Next Thread
evermind

[Doubloon Oceans and Midnight] Sky's Art Boutique Reply to this Post

I can't say how big of a relief it is to have finally finished my college applications. With that, I've been getting artblock lately - sketching and sketching then throwing stuff out, running circles around my tablet not knowing what to draw, annoying my crew on Hunter and my poor, poor sisters in The Eye (I did draw them stuff to make up for it though, I swear! Look !).

I really want to improve here, and I'm not sure if I've been making any progress. So I thought - why not go back to accepting commissions? I would have something to draw, even if, forgive me, the content commissioned at times was lifeless and boring. I do need to brush up on the basics - an art teacher at my school took one look at my work and said, "You're wayyy ahead of yourself girlie. Slow down and study the basic stuff before you try all this." She's probably right.

Old Artwork:
Old, old thread if you want to look at my yucky stuff. =P
Slightly newer thread , if you want to look at the still-sorta-yucky stuff.
DeviantArt: Updated most recently. Does have some old pieces as well.

Style: This is where I wish I knew how to incorporate Java into html enough to make an order form.

I use lines most of the time. I never color sketches unless I'm terribly lazy, and I never color without lines unless I'm particularly idiotic that day. You can expect smooth and clean lines.

I don't cell shade unless it's an emergency. You can expect colorful shadows from me. You can expect smooth shading. You can expect extremely detailed hair and somewhat realistic eyes. You can, however, request cartoonish hair, or anime eyes - which are simultaneously easier, and harder to do.

You can expect art, for the most part. I try to not give a customer something I would not consider art. ^_^;

You can expect that I will take time with your order.

Oceans: I'm saying Doubloon Oceans and Midnight only for now, but hey, if you can convince me to accept PoE on Cobalt/Ice/Indigo/Caribbean/Wherever you're from, go right ahead.

Price: 100k flat fee. If you want truly fancy-schmancy-Sky-tries-to-draw-above-her-skills, offer more and I'll put more time into it. Simple as that. I'm setting the price at a level I'm used to for now.

Post or send a PM with:

Name:
Ocean:
Link to portrait
Style: On a scale of 1 to 10, how realistic/cartoonish?
Clothing/Pose/Details: (Doesn't have to be piratey, I'm flexible! *stretches*)
Background
How much PoE are you willing to pay for this (if above the flat 100k)? or How much time do you want me to spend on it?
Your favorite color (just 'cause =P)

Payment will be collected before I start your piece. This is due to the fact that payment-after didn't work so well last time. I've had people forget, conveniently disappear off the face of the planet, retire, etc. So find me. I'm on Hunter mostly these days. Midnight too. I am Sky on all green oceans and Celestial on all blue ones. Dump PoE on me, and you can trust that my conscience will not rest until I've given you the art.

All that said, I am very happy to be drawing pirates again. =)

Happy Gobble Day!

-Sky

Questions? Concerns? Rotten tomatoes and pitchforks? Post!
----------------------------------------
[Art Commissions - Closed][DeviantArt]
[Edit 1 times, last edit by evermind at Nov 23, 2006 5:53:47 PM]
[Nov 23, 2006 5:52:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    skyscape6 [Link]  Go to top 
Arty_pirate

Re: [Doubloon Oceans and Midnight] Sky's Art Boutique Reply to this Post

I can't say how big of a relief it is to have finally finished my college applications. With that, I've been getting artblock lately - sketching and sketching then throwing stuff out, running circles around my tablet not knowing what to draw, annoying my crew on Hunter and my poor, poor sisters in The Eye (I did draw them stuff to make up for it though, I swear! Look !).

I really want to improve here, and I'm not sure if I've been making any progress. So I thought - why not go back to accepting commissions? I would have something to draw, even if, forgive me, the content commissioned at times was lifeless and boring. I do need to brush up on the basics - an art teacher at my school took one look at my work and said, "You're wayyy ahead of yourself girlie. Slow down and study the basic stuff before you try all this." She's probably right.

Old Artwork:
Old, old thread if you want to look at my yucky stuff. =P
Slightly newer thread , if you want to look at the still-sorta-yucky stuff.
DeviantArt: Updated most recently. Does have some old pieces as well.

Style: This is where I wish I knew how to incorporate Java into html enough to make an order form.

I use lines most of the time. I never color sketches unless I'm terribly lazy, and I never color without lines unless I'm particularly idiotic that day. You can expect smooth and clean lines.

I don't cell shade unless it's an emergency. You can expect colorful shadows from me. You can expect smooth shading. You can expect extremely detailed hair and somewhat realistic eyes. You can, however, request cartoonish hair, or anime eyes - which are simultaneously easier, and harder to do.

You can expect art, for the most part. I try to not give a customer something I would not consider art. ^_^;

You can expect that I will take time with your order.

Oceans: I'm saying Doubloon Oceans and Midnight only for now, but hey, if you can convince me to accept PoE on Cobalt/Ice/Indigo/Caribbean/Wherever you're from, go right ahead.

Price: 100k flat fee. If you want truly fancy-schmancy-Sky-tries-to-draw-above-her-skills, offer more and I'll put more time into it. Simple as that. I'm setting the price at a level I'm used to for now.

Post or send a PM with:

Name:
Ocean:
Link to portrait
Style: On a scale of 1 to 10, how realistic/cartoonish?
Clothing/Pose/Details: (Doesn't have to be piratey, I'm flexible! *stretches*)
Background
How much PoE are you willing to pay for this (if above the flat 100k)? or How much time do you want me to spend on it?
Your favorite color (just 'cause =P)

Payment will be collected before I start your piece. This is due to the fact that payment-after didn't work so well last time. I've had people forget, conveniently disappear off the face of the planet, retire, etc. So find me. I'm on Hunter mostly these days. Midnight too. I am Sky on all green oceans and Celestial on all blue ones. Dump PoE on me, and you can trust that my conscience will not rest until I've given you the art.

All that said, I am very happy to be drawing pirates again. =)

Happy Gobble Day!

-Sky

Questions? Concerns? Rotten tomatoes and pitchforks? Post!

Tehehehe, free avatar for first poster?
Feel like a space adventure?
Visit Omicron Persei 8
[Nov 23, 2006 9:18:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Candiice

She didn't say so, and her art is worth alot. So I don't think so. I actually think it's incredibly rude you're asking, but that's just me.

Yay! *glomps Sky*

LilCandi~
LilCandi
Viridian Ocean
Cindderella says, "You seem tense. GO GET LAID!"
Ladyselwick says, "Oh dear! Lets have a cup of tea and everything will be fine!"
WGGB
[Nov 24, 2006 4:40:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Angelbie

Sky, I just gotta know. Which version of photoshop are you using with these? Or what other program?

Angelbie - Jumping up and down in anticipation for Sky to hurry up and start drawing!
Be true to your heart; if you lose yourself, you lose everything.

Angelbie on all oceans, but Midnight is home sweet home.
[Nov 24, 2006 7:30:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thebuddy229

wow to expensive for me O_O

your devian art stuff rivals kingpriam
dudedude
officer of a crew he cant spell
member of riddle makers
event runner person

[Nov 24, 2006 7:32:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
micklauer

wow to expensive for me O_O

your devian art stuff rivals kingpriam

i've seen my name and my prices pop up here and there...I thought I would just say a few words on this...(btw, I know no one is calling me out or anything, I just feel like talking)...

I charge what I charge for a number of reasons. it's mainly due to my availability...and i'd rather have 2 orders a month ( while likely giving another 2 that month in contest prizes)...than charge less and be swamped.

Another reason, is because people are willing to pay it. Sometimes I can go a month without an order...and that's fine with me, I wait it out until someone who comes along who feels like they are getting a deal, sometimes these people are rich, sometimes poor, which is why I must do the best job I can for all of them...it means a lot when someone actually saves up to buy one from...

That said, Sky's art is amazing! And if I had the poe, I would order one right now.

keep up the great work,

lub

kp
Devout follower of Apollo
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Nov 24, 2006 9:04:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thebuddy229

i didnt comment on your price at all king i was talking about the quality
dudedude
member of riddle makers
event runner person

[Nov 24, 2006 3:14:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
micklauer

i didnt comment on your price at all king i was talking about the quality

Aye I know mate...like I said before:

Kp wrote: 
...(btw, I know no one is calling me out or anything, I just feel like talking)...

lub

kizzle!
Devout follower of Apollo
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Nov 24, 2006 4:00:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
frejja

Sky...your devian art is really quite phenomenal.. When I get myself in gear and start taking care of my puzzling and shop I'll commision one. For now I'm just to lazy to make poe ;)
Frejja, back on the seven seas!

Current avatar by:

Nordenx
[Nov 25, 2006 6:04:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
diehardest

I love your work. And 100k is a pittence to the people who really appreciate things like this.

I would love to ask for a piece of your work. So following your guidelines...

Name: Silvepip
Ocean: Midnight
Link to portrait: Will discuss...
Style: Similar to the style of your current avatar.
Clothing/Pose/Details: I'd like to discuss that privately...why spoil the surprise? :)
How much PoE are you willing to pay for this? I'll certainly pay over if I squee when i see the piece. Which I'm sure I will.
How much time do you want me to spend on it? Until your happy.
Your favorite color. Silver.

I'll catch you in game hopefully. :)
Silvepip
[Nov 25, 2006 6:43:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thebuddy229

wow i look forward to seeing that
dudedude
member of riddle makers
event runner person

[Nov 25, 2006 6:48:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mend

omg I luv your deviations <3
Especially the "Avatar for BleachForums" <3
[Nov 25, 2006 8:46:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brushes

Sky, I am sorry but you are too good at art. You rock too much, get any better and I may have to kill you. I have always found paintbrushes extremly effective weapons...
Brushes on Midnight!

This calls for plasticine surgery!

[Nov 25, 2006 8:54:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
evermind

@Arty_pirate: Sorry mate! No can do. I am one of the artists drawing prizes for Avatars for Arrtists, so there's a free one, I suppose. ^_^;

@Angel: I use Photoshop CS2 (when it's not making my computer crash x_x) and a wacom tablet. Usually all my sketching is done digitally as well.

@KP: I know what you mean! So far I have three orders in three days - probably too much, actually. I might have to raise prices. x_x;

@Silvepip: Waiting on details. =)

@Brushes: Ah, but I am also the Head of Ninja Affairs in my flag. I can defend myself. ;)

---------------------------------------------------

Of all the requests I imagined, I never thought anyone would want a chibi style. And I kind of wanted to show what I can do with the first order in terms of realism, but oh well. XD Since Bulletproof did pay well above the flat price, I made sure to spend a lot of time on this, and make this a very, very detailed chibi.

Bulletproof:

-Sky
[Nov 28, 2006 3:03:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    skyscape6 [Link]  Go to top 
Candiice

*dies* That's hillarious. I love the bald head. He's just going: WHEE I'm tired. I would have made the octo larger though. ^^; He looks like a 4 year old now. :o

LilCandi~

Go Avatars For Avat-arr-tists! Go Sky! Go babies!
LilCandi
Viridian Ocean
Ladyselwick says, "Oh dear! Lets have a cup of tea and everything will be fine!"
WGGB
[Nov 28, 2006 4:24:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
frejja

Aww..isn't he just adorable... You just want to go touch that shiny head *transfixed*

Current avatar by:

Nordenx
[Nov 29, 2006 6:56:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
evermind

*grin* 'Course he looks like he's 4. Chibi-ness galore was requested.

For Quibbler:

Princess++. Realism scale: 7, methinks.

-Sky

Edit: I must be going insane. I forgot to put in the wall she's leaning on. o_O;;
[Edit 3 times, last edit by evermind at Dec 10, 2006 6:09:32 PM]
[Nov 30, 2006 3:31:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    skyscape6 [Link]  Go to top 
Candiice

I don't understand how you do hair. It's amazing. I love it.

LilCandi~
LilCandi
Viridian Ocean
WGGB
[Nov 30, 2006 6:55:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Middniteblu

Sky, that realism is just ridiculously awesome! <3
Middniteblu of Sage
Current Avatar by Shaoli
[Nov 30, 2006 8:42:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
evermind

For hair: It's not that complicated - I take a big brush and go over where the hair is flowing, then take a darker/lighter color to paint where light falls and where it doesn't. Then I use a smaller brush in an even darker color to go over darker spots, then a lighter brush to go over lighter spots. I just keep using a smaller brush until it looks like what I want it to look like. Sometimes I leave it more chunky/not detailed, and sometimes I go into individual strands. Just depends.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by evermind at Nov 30, 2006 8:46:04 PM]
[Nov 30, 2006 8:45:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    skyscape6 [Link]  Go to top 
ACK328

They are amaz'in! sky, you really got it going :)
by the way, did you draw those in computer?
you rock! =)
[Nov 30, 2006 9:32:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
evermind

I draw everything you see here on the computer - I tend to finish stuff in one medium, whether it be traditional or digital.

Saadskellie and his tree-rat:

Less realistic this time.

I'm having this thing where I like drawing hair a lot...*is a weirdo* So order avatars if your pirate has hair! XD Not that I have anything against bald people - I worship Chris Daughtry, for instance.

I'm also working on several holiday pieces - one for Christmas cards my family sends out, one for this television internship I'm doing (long story).

Only one more month before this semester is over! Life should get very good, very fast in 2007.

Next: Silvepip? I think.

<3,
Sky
[Dec 5, 2006 7:01:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    skyscape6 [Link]  Go to top 
Agon

But the only place I have any funds to embezzle is Cobalt! Life is so unfair. :(

(You rock either way!)
Agon (Eh-gon) n. Intense competition or rivalry.

"As you can see, my ship is purple. It has a reverse drop pattern." ~ Rhodin
[Dec 5, 2006 7:26:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saa77

Thanks muchly! :)
-Saadskellie on midnight, ice and sage
SO of Tyr's Own "we totally cover rock!"

*current avvie by shortyjack*
[Dec 8, 2006 7:32:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    saadskellie [Link]  Go to top 
evermind

First time trying a likeness. It's hard to do without painting every pore, but I tried to keep it simple.

Silvepip:

Referenced from RL photograph . *steals James Bond-y stuff* Text is there to balance it out.

I think suits are my new favorite thing to draw. XD

-Sky
[Edit 1 times, last edit by evermind at Dec 8, 2006 8:26:34 PM]
[Dec 8, 2006 8:23:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    skyscape6 [Link]  Go to top 
diehardest

Someone close my mouth. Please.
I can't believe how good it really is. I'm utterly speechless.
[Dec 8, 2006 8:36:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
evermind

Dear people,

Please stop asking me to share my magical h4xx0r trix in Photoshop. I have none.

Thanks.

I start out with a sketch. All my sketches will eventually be colored - I hate leaving something behind. (Or I just trash it. =P) Thus the reason I never sketch for anyone - I'd turn it into color-fest. I dim the sketch layer, add another, and start with the lineart.

Observe the lines. My tablet has pen pressure. I use it. I've had my tablet break down before, and you can get the same effect with a mouse, erasing to taper the lines off, or with the pen tool.

I also tend to change stuff when I'm doing lineart. Which is probably bad practice. I have to force myself these days to leave the character's face alone. Not everyone has a perfect face. x_x

I decide what colors I want, and I color them randomly onto the background. If I leave the background white, I usually have to do color adjustment before the end. Yay pink!

Using a hard brush at 100% opacity, I fill in the base colors. I take my time here - little pixels leftover or overlapping will cause great distress later. XP

I shade with a 100% opacity, 30% flow brush. That's just me. I also have this thing for shading with reds and purples. o_O

I rather suck at coloring faces - most of mine turn out half-real half not. No one has pointed that out to me, so I suppose I've been distracting everyone with sparklies. ^_^

Eyes are fun. I add another layer for the whites of the eyes, then another for the color. This character has green eyes. Fwee! There's a green blob. Then a darker green blob. (Advanced terminology here.) Then I use something other than the brush tool for the first time - I dodge little specks around the darker green blob. I go back to the brush tool and make the pupil darker. I add the glare. Done!

I think I explained hair earlier. >_>;

I color in the extra stuff - hairband thingy, clothes. I bring back the original lighting layer. Look, it kind of matches! Usually this doesn't happen, and I go back and tweak.

Finished.

Then I have to crop it into a little 150 square, which saddens me. I suck at being an avatar artist - I don't think of these as avatars - they're just art to me. So usually resizing kills whatever I've put into it. XD

The end!

Please don't send any more PM's about "magic tricks".

I don't have any. I wish I did.

In fact, if you do, please enlighten me.

<3,
Sky
[Dec 14, 2006 5:07:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    skyscape6 [Link]  Go to top 
frejja

oh..my god.. I wish I had just 1% of your drawing talent.. I think the magic starts at the sketch.. amazing work

Current avatar by:

Nordenx
[Dec 15, 2006 5:04:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Latchhook

Oh, Sky! that is just amazing! I just love how you do the lineart!
Liue on Sage
[Dec 16, 2006 7:46:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
evermind

Threw myself into art yesterday and today cause I was deferred to Regular Action (from Early) for my Harvard application. ;_; It's almost worse, cause now I can't find out until April.

I also have so much art to post, but I can't because they're all for Secret Santa/Contests/private commissions. *sigh*

Here's a public one, though:

Sketchy!

It always surprises me how many people like anime. I guess it's cause the style is perfection. And easier to draw, incidentally.

-Sky
[Dec 16, 2006 9:03:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    skyscape6 [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 66   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates