• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2888 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Artemis
OceanMaster

Nov 11, 7AM | Carpentry Bake-Off | Win a Parrot!

AS SEEN ON THE NOTICEBOARD!

Saturday, November 11, 2006. 7:00am, PST
Hosted by: Ajax
Participation: up to 155

Rules:

This event will not be broadcast (unless there aren't many people and I feel sad). At approximately 7:00am, an oceanwide event will be put on the noticeboard for the bake-off. Click on the event to be whisked to the event ship, the Competitive Carp.

Note that you will not be jobbed into the event crew, so if you leave the ship, you may not be able to board again. The ship will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. No exceptions will be made if you lose your spot. If the event is no longer on the noticeboard, then jobbing has closed. If the event is still on the board but there is no room on the ship, then I'm sorry, but others got there before you.

The ship will have carpentry stations for everyone. Check downstairs, and all the cabins. You may need to search around to find a free one. Once you have a station, please wait patiently on it.

Try to stay quiet while you wait, and be patient while others board. Listen for instructions from Ajax so that the event can run smoothly. Throughout the event, excessive chatter could be rewarded with a plank!

Note that a carpentry bake-off is being run on all oceans simultaneously.

Preliminary Round
*The target start-time is 7:30 am PST. It could start slightly earlier if everyone is ready, or slightly later if there are delays loading stations.
*There will be one preliminary round that will last about twenty sea battle turns.
*The duty report at the island will determine the placement of players. The top sixteen players will advance to the semi-finals.

Semi-Final
*Once the duty report has been noted and the semi-finalists announced, all players (including semi-finalists) will be asked to vacate their stations. Failure to do so when requested could result in disqualification.
*The semi-final round will last for about twenty sea battle turns. *The top three on the duty report at the island will proceed to the final round.
*Participants who do not get through to the semi-final are welcome to stay on board, as long as they do not play the carpentry puzzle at any point, or chat during the contest.

Final
*The top three from the semi-final duty report will be jobbed onto the Final Carp for the final round, which will last about twenty sea battle turns.

Prizes:
1st: a Navy/Yellow parrot and a bouquet of Navy daisies

2nd and 3rd win a bouquet of Navy daisies and their choice of:
* a war frigate, painted navy/yellow, stocked with 150rum/450lcb, renamed the Incredible Carpenter (only one of these)
* a sleeping animal (piglet, pig, turtle, tortoise)
* or an item from the list below if they prefer

4th to 8th (choosing in order) win a Navy daisy and their choice of:
* A sloop renamed the [Adjective] Carp - must be an allowable adjective and no duplicates of existing ships allowed
* An ancient rumjug (rare furniture item)
* A scarab (rare furniture item)
* A Leviathan Tooth (rare furniture item)
* A large pet (big cat or elephant, your choice as available from the palace shoppe)

9th to 16th:
A Navy daisy
----------------------------------------
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Apollo at Nov 11, 2006 2:00:13 AM]
[Nov 10, 2006 8:04:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kargach

Re: Nov 10, 7AM | Carpentry Bake-Off | Win a Parrot!

While I'm sure you enjoy tormenting us by making us think things like this have already happened and we've missed our chance, you should probly change the date in the topic. >8)
Kargach of the Midnight Ocean
Captain of the Champions of Valhalla, and occasionally good at forum contests
[Nov 10, 2006 8:22:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Artemis
OceanMaster

Re: Nov 10, 7AM | Carpentry Bake-Off | Win a Parrot!

While I'm sure you enjoy tormenting us by making us think things like this have already happened and we've missed our chance, you should probly change the date in the topic. >8)

Further proof I never quite woke up today :( Fixed...
[Nov 10, 2006 8:59:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedbeardSage

Re: Nov 11, 7AM | Carpentry Bake-Off | Win a Parrot!

Ooh, a Scarab. That's definitely worth having. :p
One of my SO's wrote: 
f*** parley they're all dumbasses with too much free time and a grudge

[Nov 11, 2006 7:17:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Artemis
OceanMaster

Thanks to everyone who joined us today, and congratulations to the finalists!

1 Frikandel
2 Virusnine
3 Sabnoleg
4 Spikette
5 Bolle
6 Tooktwo
7 Zerigermok
8 Arctic
9 ttoonnyy
10 Niebla
12 slvr
13 Freakybeard
14 Snubby
[Nov 11, 2006 8:46:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Labyrint

AS SEEN ON THE NOTICEBOARD!

Saturday, November 11, 2006. 7:00am, PST
Hosted by: Ajax
Participation: up to 155

Rules:

This event will not be broadcast (unless there aren't many people and I feel sad). At approximately 7:00am, an oceanwide event will be put on the noticeboard for the bake-off. Click on the event to be whisked to the event ship, the Competitive Carp.

Note that you will not be jobbed into the event crew, so if you leave the ship, you may not be able to board again. The ship will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. No exceptions will be made if you lose your spot. If the event is no longer on the noticeboard, then jobbing has closed. If the event is still on the board but there is no room on the ship, then I'm sorry, but others got there before you.

The ship will have carpentry stations for everyone. Check downstairs, and all the cabins. You may need to search around to find a free one. Once you have a station, please wait patiently on it.

Try to stay quiet while you wait, and be patient while others board. Listen for instructions from Ajax so that the event can run smoothly. Throughout the event, excessive chatter could be rewarded with a plank!

Note that a carpentry bake-off is being run on all oceans simultaneously.

Preliminary Round
*The target start-time is 7:30 am PST. It could start slightly earlier if everyone is ready, or slightly later if there are delays loading stations.
*There will be one preliminary round that will last about twenty sea battle turns.
*The duty report at the island will determine the placement of players. The top sixteen players will advance to the semi-finals.

Semi-Final
*Once the duty report has been noted and the semi-finalists announced, all players (including semi-finalists) will be asked to vacate their stations. Failure to do so when requested could result in disqualification.
*The semi-final round will last for about twenty sea battle turns. *The top three on the duty report at the island will proceed to the final round.
*Participants who do not get through to the semi-final are welcome to stay on board, as long as they do not play the carpentry puzzle at any point, or chat during the contest.

Final
*The top three from the semi-final duty report will be jobbed onto the Final Carp for the final round, which will last about twenty sea battle turns.

Prizes:
1st: a Navy/Yellow parrot and a bouquet of Navy daisies

2nd and 3rd win a bouquet of Navy daisies and their choice of:
* a war frigate, painted navy/yellow, stocked with 150rum/450lcb, renamed the Incredible Carpenter (only one of these)
* a sleeping animal (piglet, pig, turtle, tortoise)
* or an item from the list below if they prefer

4th to 8th (choosing in order) win a Navy daisy and their choice of:
* A sloop renamed the [Adjective] Carp - must be an allowable adjective and no duplicates of existing ships allowed
* An ancient rumjug (rare furniture item)
* A scarab (rare furniture item)
* A Leviathan Tooth (rare furniture item)
* A large pet (big cat or elephant, your choice as available from the palace shoppe)

9th to 16th:
A Navy daisy

One of my crewmates, Spikette was second in semi finals, she got 4th in finals??? How is that possible if only 3 ppl should be in finals in the first place?
And all she got was a daisy and a sloop.
In my opinion she has the right to a 3th spot and therefore the WF or a sleeping animal.
Pamina
ex-Captain of The Three Musketeers
[Nov 11, 2006 8:54:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ppplushies

Weird.
Kadazzle
[Nov 11, 2006 11:16:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Labyrint

I really would like to hear from the OM the reason about why the rules were changed in the middle of the event.

Spikette was third in first round, second in semi-finals and then they change the rules and take 4 in finals instead of 3.

I just don't think its fair and something should be done about it.
Pamina
ex-Captain of The Three Musketeers
[Nov 13, 2006 1:53:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Artemis
OceanMaster

The rules weren't changed, Ajax just made a mistake and thought there were 4 people in the finals rather than the 3 there were supposed to be. No one else caught the mistake either, so 4 were entered into the finals.

You're right that it's not entirely fair that she got stuck with the Semifinal prizes - she can either upgrade to the war frigate or choose an additional prize from the semifinal prize list. (Just petition with the prize preference, mention my name and I'll see it's taken care of. )
[Nov 13, 2006 1:05:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snuby

Thanks to everyone who joined us today, and congratulations to the finalists!

1 Frikandel
2 Virusnine
3 Sabnoleg
4 Spikette
5 Bolle
6 Tooktwo
7 Zerigermok
8 Arctic
9 ttoonnyy
10 Niebla
12 slvr
13 Freakybeard
14 Snubby

xD snuby is mispelled :P

was loads of fun anyway
Snuby.
Current avatar by Phillite
[Nov 16, 2006 10:58:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates