• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1073 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
TheRack

Auto /duty Reply to this Post

Can it please be set such that If you happen to be pink when you log off, that when you log back on you don't automaticly come back as pink?
----------------------------------------
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Oct 18, 2006 3:32:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Re: Auto /duty Reply to this Post

I prefer it to be set to my last status.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Oct 18, 2006 3:58:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

Before it was set that you always were always on duty when you logged on, even if you were off duty when logging off. We actually chose for this option. With being off duty when logging on, many might forget to go on duty.
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
[Oct 18, 2006 4:57:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

How about then a dropdown in the options window...

Default "On"
Default "Off"

Period. End of story.

[Oct 19, 2006 1:44:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

What's the game problem that it's meant to address? Is the problem big enough, for enough people, to warrant coding in an extra toggle, over having people set it themselves?

I ask because it's unclear to me what the problem would be. There is an immediate visual indication of your duty status, and it's set to whatever you last used it as, which is likely the status you prefer.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Oct 19, 2006 1:49:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

By the way - thank you devs for putting in the "you are on duty" message for us. Much less confusing now,
Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[Oct 19, 2006 2:04:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

What's the game problem that it's meant to address? Is the problem big enough, for enough people, to warrant coding in an extra toggle, over having people set it themselves?

I ask because it's unclear to me what the problem would be. There is an immediate visual indication of your duty status, and it's set to whatever you last used it as, which is likely the status you prefer.

In terms of asking the purpose this serves... well simply I have a great habit of opening YPP, logging in and then tabbing between windows and whatever... It is quiet comon for me to miss tells and whatever, my crew kinda expects it me thinks. As such, If I'm pink and miss greeny chat circle talk stuff, that is not a good thing for a pink name... or even worse, if a greeny hits a help button... with the speaks off, and the window minimised, this goes unoticed (Must admit If my understanding of the way the button works is wonky and as such my assumptions are wrong, I acknoledge that in advance)

In terms of visual clue, the only visual clue you have on loging in is the color of your name... And I don't know about the rest of the population, but the color of my name is not something I look at upon log in (And that pink is not all that bright either, so it don't automaticly draw your attention like a fluro green does)

In terms of how big an issue it is... simply no idea. On this one, I will admit that there is a chance I'm in a very small minority on this one wanting/needing the change (But by the same token, It could well be a majority of people would find it useful) I would also put it that it strikes me as a minor code change, with the usual disclaimer that I have no idea how clean or ugly the code is so I reserve the right to deny mention of any incorrect statment if proven wrong....

Period. End of story.

[Oct 19, 2006 4:07:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

There isn't a whistle or other notification of a greenie jamming the "Help meeeeeee!" button, you just get a /tell that was very clearly written by the client instead of the user. As such being on-duty when you're actively doing other things in other windows isn't such a good idea. (Being on-duty when you're playing poker or bilging, on the other hand, is more negotiable.)
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Oct 19, 2006 5:48:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

You could make a habit out of going off duty before you log off. Or change you habits on log in some.

It'd sure be nice to have a whistle or something if you get a button tell though.
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
[Oct 19, 2006 7:12:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates