• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1012 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
jlopatin

[suggestion] Apoth puzzle Reply to this Post

i played this puzzle game on my cell phone over the weekend. it was called blue boxes, or something like that. a modified version of it would make a fine crafting puzzle. i was thinking for the apoth, but possibly for the iron monger or weavery as well...

there is a screen with a number of small colored boxes(or shapes). The player attempts to clear the board of as many pieces as possible. You clear blocks by identifying groups of two or more of the same color. As these small groups disappear, the remaining pieces will shift to replace them, creating new possible moves. This causes every move made to influence future moves. however no new pieces ever appear...

the object is the clear the screen, so it could be done to equal a work hour... scoring could be based on the number of moves it took to clear the screen as well as the number of single pieces that the player couldn't clear.

the game was fun enough for me to sit and play while killing time at the stuffiest party i've ever attended...

anyway I didn't bother searching, because I'm lazy, so if this exact idea has been brought up, I'm a dirty boocher.

other ideas or comments are welcome!
:)
----------------------------------------
Barrghnaby
formerly,Captain of The Sea Hounds
now deceased...
[Dec 8, 2003 11:27:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ultracity

Re: [suggestion] Apoth puzzle Reply to this Post

Hey, it's Poppit!

I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to make it all pirate-like, and it would have one feature I like: I hate that game. I'd finally have incentive to not try to be good at every puzzle.
~Mansfellow
[Dec 8, 2003 11:37:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlopatin

i've also found another version called elimimatch...

so it's apparently popular enough to copy multiple times.

and i agree... it would be so easy to make it piratey!
Barrghnaby
now deceased...
[Dec 8, 2003 11:39:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
spinn

Let me get an early vote in against, for purely selfish reasons. I freakin' hate that puzzle.

I'm trying to think up something where you have to combine liquids or decanters in certain arrangements but I can't get it together into a puzzle yet.
And thus, the message is concluded.
[Dec 8, 2003 12:17:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.spinnwebe.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
jlopatin

/me laughs

ye see? this is why i never make suggestions!

ha har!
Barrghnaby
now deceased...
[Dec 8, 2003 12:26:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Slummock

well i like that game. if you want to try it then theres a free version here (this ones called "pop'em").

it needs an extra twist though. its no where near as good as the distilling puzzle.

dont expect anything creative from me i just spent 12 hours typing out badly written adresses. my brain is bleh.
Glub (again)
[Dec 8, 2003 3:38:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Ummmmm... wasn't the alchemy puzzle going to be a pipe-dream-esque one? I'm sure there's been a Nemo comment on this.
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Slummock

your right there. still its an ok game.
Glub (again)
[Dec 8, 2003 5:26:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Matthias

Wait.... isn't this like the oldest web game in existance?

I'm sure we can come up with some more original puzzles, not to dump on you unfairly, though.

Matt
I took my own advice.
[Dec 8, 2003 9:16:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ArWeNdY

Sounds to me like Mahjongg Clicks or QBeez (Thank you, Shockwave..)

Awesome games... I would love to see one of the crafting puzzles modeled after that..
"Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity."

--1 Timothy 4:12 (New King James Version)
[Jan 29, 2004 1:22:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.soulyouthministries.org [Link]  Go to top 
Capt_Poco

Qbeez Forever!

That said, Qbeez was a preety bad game. Too simple. A worthy variation on Qbeez which reaches some level of sopistication is Chomp Chomp Safari. A spinnoff of it would make a suberb crafting puzzle. Ye may remember Chomp from the independent game finalist competition. Anyway, it has Qbeez's basic gameplay but adds lots of inovation and chimps, which, like pirates, everyone must love.
homullus wrote: 
Gold star!

[Jan 30, 2004 6:42:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CrazyMorg

its kinda fun

but i think its a bit to simple

so far all the puzzle have a lot of depth when you really get into them

i cant see that with this one
[Jan 30, 2004 6:47:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Obie

spinn wrote: 
Let me get an early vote in against, for purely selfish reasons. I freakin' hate that puzzle.

I'm trying to think up something where you have to combine liquids or decanters in certain arrangements but I can't get it together into a puzzle yet.

Hehe...it's called pharmacy school...now that's a puzzle :)

Your prospective pharmacy student,
Obie
Argonaut wrote: 
I'm glad brown will become easier to get. I think it's very important to wear brown pants while sailing in Ruby.

[Jan 30, 2004 7:06:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates