• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 1392
Posts: 1392   Pages: 47   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 297883 times and has 1391 replies Next Thread
Bia
OceanMaster

Recurring Familiar Tournaments Discussion Reply to this Post

This thread is for discussion of the tan familiar tournaments.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Apollo at Mar 4, 2010 12:58:13 AM]
[Aug 20, 2006 12:07:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sea_Blades

Re: Recurring Familiar Tournaments Discussion Reply to this Post

SHift..and drinking keep teh octos?
Teehee. I prefer 5 shapes too .
Seablades
~Hunter
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sea_Blades at Aug 20, 2006 12:12:24 AM]
[Aug 20, 2006 12:11:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

There goes my chance for a monkey! Oh well, I guess an octo is ok too.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Aug 20, 2006 12:21:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rixation

rumble and treasure drop will both have parrots.

Do you realize how much I love you now? A question though, parrot colors will be changing I presume...will the colors be the same across all oceans as opposed to the previous settings where each ocean had different parrot colors?
Epimetheus
Retired

[Aug 20, 2006 12:32:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bia
OceanMaster

I will probably change the colours. For ease of keeping consistent, I will probably make one tournament type with tan bodies and the other with tan heads and wings. For the secondary colour, I will try to choose a pleasing combination.
[Aug 20, 2006 12:36:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crocodilian

Thanks Bia! 5 colours is so much better!
Yes. I'am better than you!

Hunter: Asclepius
[Aug 20, 2006 1:08:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sea_Blades

Thanks Bia! 5 colours is so much better!

And How about teh octo stuff. It just dont change >_<
Seablades
~Hunter
[Aug 20, 2006 1:11:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Why not play to 2000 in drinking with 5 colors and shapes, from what I can tell, it seems to be the most even setting.
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Aug 20, 2006 3:11:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
phenylfairy

Will the familiar type ever change for each puzzle?
Lethe: The Sea Hares, Day of the Tentacle (Viridian); Far Too Jolly Rogers, Looterati (Midnight)
MalkierKing wrote: 
ur mom iz a loot haha lolz!11onetwothreetesting

[Aug 20, 2006 3:35:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Second, I will match the familiar types across puzzles. Swordfighting will have monkeys, drinking will have octopus, rumble and treasure drop will both have parrots.

If this answers yer question...
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Aug 20, 2006 4:49:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Well, I guess we can certainly trade one type for another through The Bazaar with other players.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Aug 20, 2006 9:24:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kerix

Can't say I'm really enamored with 2500/5, but it's a decent setup and I think it's good to change the format around in drinking or it gets kind of stale. All in all, thumbs up from me.
[Aug 20, 2006 9:46:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
UnluckyJack

I like the changes but I still don't stand a chance at winning. hahaha
Walker

Swords are like really big keys, but instead of unlocking doors they unlock death.

Thank you Tilinka for the Tilinkatar
[Aug 20, 2006 11:29:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phour

Awww, rumble will ONLY have parrots?

/me curses her phobia of birds
Familiar on Cobalt
[Aug 20, 2006 1:48:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    lyndi6384 [Link]  Go to top 
crazejw

Hm, I would suggest Td settings be changed to turbo, holes, best of 3. It is very unfair and disappointing to continuously lose in the semi-finals due to one large hole at the very end of the game. At least best of 3 will make it at least a bit more fair, and the turbo will keep the tourney from lasting forever with best of 3.
Joe, from the Emerald Shore
[Aug 20, 2006 2:43:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cybrpyro

any chance that the familiar types can rotate through the puzzles on say a bi-monthly basis?
Cybrpyro on da Cobalt ocean...as well as the rest

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 
Cybr-dude puts the F. U. in fun!!

[Aug 20, 2006 2:45:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rappak

I would think monthly would be better. I mean, that's like what 4 of the same familiar per month for each puzzle? I would think that 4 would be plently.
Rappak, memmer of the oceans.

Rappak- Ex-king of Something Powerful (Cobalt)/ex-Lord of Indestructible Fury, a caged free-bird forever.
Rappak- Officer in Easily Distracted (Midnight)/Mem helper in CT/Where am I?
[Aug 20, 2006 2:55:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JMcKay

Hm, I would suggest Td settings be changed to turbo, holes, best of 3.

Please? :P
Junglejim,
Sage - Importance of Being Idle

[Aug 20, 2006 3:54:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jeni4274

well that sucks i really want a monkey but there are too many amazing sf players i'll never get a chance at winning :(
Ye olde drunkard one!

Drunkardjeni
Captain of the crew Five-O Freebooters
Queen of the flag Viridian Vanquishers
[Aug 20, 2006 3:59:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phour

Turbo makes a lot of people lag to the point where they have only 2-3 seconds to make their move or get kicked out of the game completely. I don't play TD, but I know I'm speaking for a decent number of people when I say that Turbo all the time seems unfair.
Familiar on Cobalt
[Aug 20, 2006 5:10:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    lyndi6384 [Link]  Go to top 
JMcKay

Leg/ult (and some lower) TDers can think of a good(ish at least) move in 1-3 seconds, depending on the time of day :P and its usually the later rounds that get the extremely bad lag..so I'd have thought it wouldnt make much difference except the afk people dont win by boring the other person to dismissing and the tournie will take less than 3+ hours >.>
Junglejim,

[Aug 20, 2006 6:02:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
crazejw

Turbo makes a lot of people lag to the point where they have only 2-3 seconds to make their move or get kicked out of the game completely. I don't play TD, but I know I'm speaking for a decent number of people when I say that Turbo all the time seems unfair.

And holes don't? My record in tan familiar tourneys, drinking and treasure drop, is 1 finals loss, 10 semis losses, and 5 quarters losses. One unlucky hole is much more unfair than turbo. At least if you have holes, make it best of three to add just a little bit more skill than currently needed to win.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by crazejw at Aug 20, 2006 6:07:15 PM]
[Aug 20, 2006 6:06:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JMcKay

One unlucky hole is much more unfair than turbo. At least if you have holes, make it best of three to add just a little bit more skill than currently needed to win.

Agreed.. but would just be better if they completely got rid of holes. (maybe even from the whole game? :P)
Junglejim,

[Aug 20, 2006 6:11:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bia
OceanMaster

I am afraid that changing the settings for Treasure Drop are not going to happen for the recurring tournaments. Turbo causes problems for too many players, and non-holes games are solvable.

The degree of randomness that applies to games with holes is simply a factor that must be taken into account when you play. It affects the risk assessment of any given move.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Bia at Aug 20, 2006 6:20:20 PM]
[Aug 20, 2006 6:19:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mortsang

I know many people would prefer 1500 points for the Familiar Drinking tournaments, simply because a lot of people believe anything 2000+ for points plays to certain mug's advantages, such as the Horn and Flagon. However, the addition of an extra colour lessons this advantage.
Kharlos
on Midnight;
Greylock
on Cobalt;
La Mort Sanglante.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Mortsang at Aug 20, 2006 7:03:55 PM]
[Aug 20, 2006 7:02:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.myspace.com/guess_x [Link]  Go to top 
crazejw

I know many people would prefer 1500 points for the Drinking tournaments, simply because a lot of people believe anything 2000+ for points, plays to certain mug's advantages, such as the Horn and Flagon. However, the addition of an extra colour lessons this advantage.

Well then why not make it everyone uses a stein up to 1500, because you know as well as I do, a stein would be top choice in a shorter match.
[Aug 20, 2006 7:04:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mortsang

Well then why not make it everyone uses a stein up to 1500, because you know as well as I do, a stein would be top choice in a shorter match.

That would make sense. I wouldn't use anything but my Stein. I'm not really too concerned, so long as it isn't 1000 points. I lost my Ultimate just a moment before because I didn't realise I was in a tourney with the setting to 1000 (mainly a luckfest setting). Got it back straight after though, but still...
Kharlos
on Midnight;
Greylock
on Cobalt;
La Mort Sanglante.
[Aug 20, 2006 7:07:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.myspace.com/guess_x [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

I've seen several different specific styles used in the tourneys up to this point (Drinking I mean) and aggressive Stein and Horn seem to be many people's choice...I'd just like settings that has different, conflicting styles being played out. Maybe it'd be nice if the flagon or skull or chalice got a little more play time.
Desmagicus

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatmas Gandhi
[Aug 20, 2006 8:08:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kerix

honestly there are no settings at which i would ever choose the chalice, skull, or flagon. I think the flagon's near its best at 2500/4, and it's just not good enough. It's a decent mug, just not ever the best.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by kerix at Aug 20, 2006 8:24:07 PM]
[Aug 20, 2006 8:22:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

Well then I can probably see why Rome keeps crusading for a mug ability change.
Desmagicus

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatmas Gandhi
[Aug 20, 2006 8:26:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 1392   Pages: 47   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates