• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 54
Posts: 54   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5767 times and has 53 replies Next Thread
Glaucus
OceanMaster

Last Call for entries : Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates Banner Contest, ends 8/3 Reply to this Post

Avast mates and would be banner arrrtists!

Just a reminder that the deadline for the Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates Banner Contest, August 3rd is fast approaching, so don't miss out on your chance to have your work featured on several websites and win some real-life booty!

More information, including the official entry form can be found here:http://www.gamersinfo.net/content/ypp_entry_form.php Do not post entries to this thread. Good luck!
----------------------------------------
Crotchetiness by Dexla.
[Jul 28, 2006 3:46:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arty_pirate

Re: Last Call for entries : Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates Banner Contest, ends 8/3 Reply to this Post

OH NO i didnt see this earlier (yes this IS my alt i use on the forums)
Feel like a space adventure?
Visit Omicron Persei 8
[Jul 28, 2006 4:05:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Re: Last Call for entries : Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates Banner Contest, ends 8/3 Reply to this Post

I tried to send a question to information@puzzlepirates.com and it came back as no such address. The question I had was, may we use in game art for this or do you want all original drawing?
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Jul 28, 2006 9:24:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
karlathemex

wait wait time out.. AUG 3? doesnt that site say that the deadline is on july 27th?
pazy on midnight
[Jul 28, 2006 10:13:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StoneKrush

It does and it also says, USA and Canada only too :(
SALMON from Cobalt- on Shanty Raidio
The Cross-Dressing Pirate
Salmon says, "Ahoy again"
Cleaver says, "Hello scumbag"

[Jul 29, 2006 5:13:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.shantyraidio.com/    ShantySalmon [Link]  Go to top 
Glaucus
OceanMaster

The deadline to submit your entries is indeed the 3rd. My understanding is that the entries are to be voted on, and that while voting starts as early as July 27th, entries can be accepted up until the very last day of the contest, or August 3rd. With apologies to many of our mates, Salmon is correct in pointing out this particular contest does happen to be US and Canada only.

I am working to get a better answer regarding usage of in-game art. As you've no doubt figured out, until we've got an answer, your safest bet would be to go ahead and create an original piece for this contest.
Crotchetiness by Dexla.
[Jul 30, 2006 5:59:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
karlathemex

oh ok. thanks for answering that.
pazy on midnight
[Jul 30, 2006 7:52:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
micklauer

Just curious..is there a reason this thread wasn't posted in the Events thread...?

Or was it?

:(

kp
Devout follower of Apollo
d(-_^) Blackhat Approved
[Jul 30, 2006 5:47:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
karlathemex

it wasnt on the event thread,or if it was i didnt see it. i found it in like a puzzle pirates newsletter that was sent to my email from ypp.
pazy on midnight
[Edit 1 times, last edit by karlathemex at Jul 30, 2006 6:05:25 PM]
[Jul 30, 2006 6:03:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StoneKrush

Just curious..is there a reason this thread wasn't posted in the Events thread...?

Or was it?

:(

kp

The link was sent out with the PoEmail
No link was posted on the forums

[Jul 31, 2006 12:14:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.shantyraidio.com/    ShantySalmon [Link]  Go to top 
SilveRansom

This from the announcement link:

"All entries must be 120x600 in dimension. That's a width of 120 pixels and a height of 600 pixels. "

You sure about that? That's not a banner in the traditional sense, that's more of a sidebar. Which is OK, but I think when people see "banner" they are more likely to think of a horizontal composition.
Silveransom
makes art like this or this &
Blender Eggs!
[Jul 31, 2006 9:49:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/ [Link]  Go to top 
jennygalaxy

aawwww...
I cant enter!
/me walks off in a strop...
(I am from UK)
Jennygalaxy, formally Cobalt, now Meridian Ocean.
[Jul 31, 2006 9:57:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jennylikesgalaxy [Link]  Go to top 
Thalette
Marketing

Ahoy~ Marketing Ringer here with some updates and answers~ Thanks Glaucus for fielding questions! :)

The competition was only promoted via the July newsletter, and yes, you have up until August 3 (Thursday) to submit an entry.

All International artists: Just talked to the judges - disregard the US/Canada only text. The competition is now open to everyone~!

Synful: You are free to use any in-game art or original drawings. Sorry about the broken link - feel free to post your questions here and I'll do my best to answer them!
[Jul 31, 2006 10:24:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dark_Viper

All International artists: Just talked to the judges - disregard the US/Canada only text. The competition is now open to everyone~!

I gather this is becuase you have had little interest, and entries?

but isn't it unfair that you give the rest of the world ONLY 3 days to come up with an entry.

I had started planning my entry (story boarding), before I realised it was only for the USA and Canada.

Now it is open to the rest of the world, can't we have a month or so added on? this would only make it fair.

/me hopes you can accommodate the rest of us fairly.

Many thanks in advanced,l
DarkViper
-------------------------------
Tropical fish
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Dark_Viper at Jul 31, 2006 10:59:28 AM]
[Jul 31, 2006 10:58:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.studzworld.com [Link]  Go to top 
SilveRansom

Ahoy~ Marketing Ringer here with some updates and answers~ Thanks Glaucus for fielding questions! :)

The competition was only promoted via the July newsletter, and yes, you have up until August 3 (Thursday) to submit an entry.

Synful: You are free to use any in-game art or original drawings. Sorry about the broken link - feel free to post your questions here and I'll do my best to answer them!

OK, just for clarification, is it truly the 120x600 VERTICAL composition you're looking for?

Also, I'm all for more time to do this. I just found this today, and I'm usually looking for these sort of art contests. Maybe you don't want many entries, but giving us all (especially the internationals) more time might serve you well.
Silveransom
Blender Eggs!
[Jul 31, 2006 11:09:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/ [Link]  Go to top 
Thalette
Marketing

Dark_Viper and SilveRansom:

The competition is sponsored by Gamersinfo so they actually field all the entries and will be responsible for the first round of judging. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure about the exact number of entries that have come in. That said, just checked in about extending the deadline, and unfortunately we're unable to push it back some... sorry about that. However, we do have another creative something in the works for artistic types like yourself... so stay tuned~

And yup, to confirm, 120x600 VERTICAL composition is correct.
[Jul 31, 2006 12:06:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SilveRansom

Thanks, Thalette! I guess we'll see what happens. ;D
Silveransom
Blender Eggs!
[Jul 31, 2006 12:10:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/ [Link]  Go to top 
Thalette
Marketing

Ahoy again~ This just in! Gamersinfo made an online voting system so go take a gander~ (You can size up the competition or go support your friends)

http://www.gamersinfo.net/content/ypp_vote.php
[Jul 31, 2006 12:12:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Darkaardvark

All in all, this seems like a massive SNAFU to me. The site says it ends on August 3, so either they're not with the program, or you're having people submit entries with less than a day of voting, if they enter on the 3rd. Then there's the whole US vs. International thing...whoops?

And to top it all of, you can't see any of the entries on the voting page, and there does not appear to be another way to view them. Apparently, we're supposed to vote based on name.
Pleun wrote: 
Try searching using the correct spelling, the search option is very picky about that.

(Avatar by Synful.)
[Jul 31, 2006 7:58:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Glaucus
OceanMaster

All in all, this seems like a massive SNAFU to me. The site says it ends on August 3, so either they're not with the program, or you're having people submit entries with less than a day of voting, if they enter on the 3rd. Then there's the whole US vs. International thing...whoops?

And to top it all of, you can't see any of the entries on the voting page, and there does not appear to be another way to view them. Apparently, we're supposed to vote based on name.

Aye, the contest rules page acknolwedges this, stating that the sooner an entry is received, the sooner it can start accumulating votes. What browser are you using? They come up fine in Firefox for me (And they're just great, mates. Nice job!), but IE does seem to have trouble with some of the animated ones.
Crotchetiness by Dexla.
[Jul 31, 2006 8:34:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Quick question: If you have two different layers in photoshop, what's a good way to blend them so that they don't have sharp color edges along the line where they meet?

(Game art is OK? I can enter :-)
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Jul 31, 2006 9:08:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
SilveRansom

Quick question: If you have two different layers in photoshop, what's a good way to blend them so that they don't have sharp color edges along the line where they meet?

(Game art is OK? I can enter :-)

BC, One way is to use the magic wand select on the upper layer (the transparent part, so you don't have to grab all the edges of your colored stuff), feather the selection, and run the eraser around the edge. That should soften up your layer. A feather of 3 or 4 pixels ought to do it for a quick softening of edges.
Silveransom
Blender Eggs!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by SilveRansom at Jul 31, 2006 9:35:54 PM]
[Jul 31, 2006 9:34:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/ [Link]  Go to top 
Thalette
Marketing

Feel free to use any game art/screen caps!
[Aug 1, 2006 9:28:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jennygalaxy

Can anyone help me?
I have made a simple .gif but I don't know how to compact it into a small file size without all the colours going completely weird. I tried importing it into flash but it was still too big.
Can anyone help?
Jennygalaxy, formally Cobalt, now Meridian Ocean.
[Aug 1, 2006 9:38:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jennylikesgalaxy [Link]  Go to top 
karlathemex

by the way i love you for extending the deadline..i did a 600 by 120...why? because im smart like that..thanks for giving me time to redo it :D
pazy on midnight
[Aug 1, 2006 10:20:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jerze

Be careful about voting too soon. We can only vote for 3 and some great ones might come in at the last minute. I've voted for one but I'm going to hold off on the other two for now
Jerze
British Bandits' Ambassador - Midnight Ocean
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in.

L Cohen 'Anthem'
[Aug 1, 2006 11:16:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StoneKrush

Just a mindless bump in hope to get a few last minute votes...

[Aug 3, 2006 1:53:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.shantyraidio.com/    ShantySalmon [Link]  Go to top 
Arty_pirate

gah! my file is to big! anyway to crop it??
Feel like a space adventure?
Visit Omicron Persei 8
[Aug 3, 2006 2:35:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SilveRansom

OK, mine is in there. Sorry it's so late. They really ought to have the voting after the submission deadline...

By the way, Salmon, I like yours a lot. I think mine's better, of course, but I just had to smile when I saw your work. ;D
Silveransom
Blender Eggs!
[Aug 3, 2006 8:39:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/ [Link]  Go to top 
HuskyTed

I can't get mine under 65kb. C'est la vie.
Llama's like candy coated bunny holding a daisy and a puppy in one hand and a kitten in the other nice -Misery

[Aug 3, 2006 8:55:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://bobthewonderllama.8m.com    bobthewonderllama    HuskyTed    2722224 [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 54   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates