• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1416 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
CrazyMorg

Sea Battles Reply to this Post

I personally think that the tokens being shown should be changed

i liked the idea, but the brigands are able to completely change their setup at the absolute last second

to me this defeats the point and it might as well be gone

or they need to change how the brigands do this

just curious of your thoughts on this
[Oct 28, 2003 3:34:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dime

Re: Sea Battles Reply to this Post

An extra point I'd like to bring up: I don't think the movelist should be shown in pvp battles.

But I don't see anything wrong with the brigands making last second changes. Just as you could do it to them.

The sea battle AI is programmed to cheat. It's always (as far as I know) been this way and I can see the necessity for it. People complained about this and I guess the developers decided to show you how they cheat. I've switched moves 3 or 4 times in one turn. It's a constant struggle, but so is everything else that is competitive. Just like you can see your opponents board in a swordfight.

I think you should take the opportunity to learn how the AI thinks and come to a compromise with what they'll allow you to get away with.
[Oct 28, 2003 3:43:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vixen

Gotta agree i'd like it taken outta PvP - dont see why the other side should get advance warning of a broadside.

I can live with this on brigands, but i'd much rather see it taken out, since the brigands do cheat at the very last second i really dont see the point of having it apart from it looks good
----------------------------------------
Vixen - Captain of The Black Widows.
[Oct 28, 2003 5:57:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
keyla

its a pain to have it in pvp, takes away the cleverness of it all.... and its pointless to have in brigand fights as they cheat regardless of whether you can see them cheating or not :p
[size=9]Captain of the Rudder Royals! Want to join us for Midnight? Shoot me a PM :)
leaving this signature as it is because its a relic :p
[Oct 28, 2003 6:38:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SimpleD

Personally I wouldn't mind if we couldn't see the when opposing ships made a move but could determine on what move they are going to fire their cannons. I agree the current system might need a little revamp, but I still want to be able to have a clue when and when cannons will be fired as I think it would add to the suspence =).
[Oct 28, 2003 7:53:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
perringer

I love it. It adds more strategy to the game; even when the brigands cheat (which, for me, is merely another excuse to use foul piratey language). Seeing that a ship is going to be in motion is not unrealistic - if it were the true seas, one would see the opponent turning the sails to catch the wind in different ways, as well as have an idea of which way they were going, and if you were downwind, you'd likely catch an earful of the captain barking orders at his crew.
[size=10]Aerosol - Captain, Aeronauts
Visit Ye Independents Forum Page!
Visit IM-SIC's Thread!

[Oct 28, 2003 9:38:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    perringer [Link]  Go to top 
Jothmar

I rather like being able to see when ships are going to move, its rather frustrating when a ship just sits still for a the first three just to move on the fourth turn (mostly a problem with brigands but. . .) I don't really have much arguement for it except that if anything a ship -can't- just stand still and while I guess I can see the need for it in game settings at least this way there is a method to know when a person is going to move even if they can change it at the last second, they can only change so much really fast.

The brigands are annoying because they can instantly change all of their movement, which is annoying, it they could change one piece at a time like a human, even if they did change it at the last second it wouldn't be nearly so annoying.

That being said I do -not- like being able to see when a ship is going to shoot. That to me seems to make the game much more defensive rather then offensive, people hiding so they don't get hit ect instead of engageing. Realisticly it would be impossible to tell when a ship was going to shoot until it did, it doesn't take much time to shoot a cannon.
Kelyon Hawk of Fidelis Bellum
[Oct 28, 2003 9:40:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates