• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3745 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
bzsb

Sloop lottery

anyone wants to draw lots for a sloop?
1000PoE for a ticket, minimum of 20 players.
This event stretches from 15 June 2006 to 25 July 2006.
The winner will be announced here.
Here's the list of participants:

bzsb
[Jun 14, 2006 12:31:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crocodilian

Re: Sloop lottery

Seems to me like another Greenie event planner trying to make some easy PoE :P. I suggest you either paint it or rename the sloop a special name to get people interested.
----------------------------------------
Yes. I'am better than you!

Hunter: Asclepius
[Jun 14, 2006 12:37:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Serpentiator

It would be a cool event, if it werent for the fact, that you pay to play... this could be a great inside-flag fundraiser for more sloops, but I think, that the reason there HAS to be a MINIMUM of 20 players, is because then you wpouldnt lose that much money...
- Archonis
Damagon said:

There is nothing sweeter than making fun of those who PNT by mistake.

[Jun 14, 2006 12:44:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MiniMoses

Yea, if you want a flag fundraiser, try a lottery scheme.

Its something ive ran in the past, can be successful, as long as you running it dont enter, and you get a unaffiliated person to hold the cash.
Thought about making the lottery go ocean-wide, but most people probably wouldnt join in as it was a flag raiser for my flag.
Drake
Captain of Clueless
Prince & Politician - Castigo Final.
squirt wrote: 
I'll take your word on this one, that he really doesn't mean to pick fights.. He's just.. British

[Jun 14, 2006 1:02:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TarnumTheRed

Lottery's such as this that are outside your own crew or flag are looked down upon by the OMs actually, as there is no assurance to anyone that it is completely legitimate. Anytime you have to charge money to participants and they can't see the end product, or how you got there, then it will be looked at as shady, and the OMs have looked unfavorably on such instances in the past.
Tarnum

Darvid wrote: 
I guess it's just fun to poke the retarded bunny.
Muroni wrote: 
Who isn't sure that leif will let me enter him, but I'm willing to try.

[Jun 14, 2006 11:12:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kusje

Maybe so, but I've seen quite a few flags doing raffles for their blockades. It's basically the same isn't it? And some of them sell the raffle tickets as well.
Kneiss wrote: 
I have read so many philosophical books, i can't count. I have beaten my chesscomputer on the highest level several times. I have been classbest in math for several times.

[Jun 14, 2006 11:21:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TarnumTheRed

Maybe so, but I've seen quite a few flags doing raffles for their blockades. It's basically the same isn't it? And some of them sell the raffle tickets as well.

Straight raffles are totally, different, as there is no pay. Also, the ones where you can drop your payment in the hold for a ticket creates a trail of who gave how much, which can be translated to tickets and corresponding numbers. Thus, if done correctly, proof can be provided of who won what.

In a case like this, there is no record, there is no way to track it, or to make sure it is legit. The main concern in the past is that the OMs don't want to deal with people whining about rigged lotteries and such and having to deal with those types of issues, when there are real concerns in the game to tend to. I will try to find a link for info on this.
Tarnum

Darvid wrote: 
I guess it's just fun to poke the retarded bunny.
Muroni wrote: 
Who isn't sure that leif will let me enter him, but I'm willing to try.

[Jun 14, 2006 1:01:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kusje

Yes but those flag raffles could easily be rigged as well couldn't they? Not that I'm accusing anyone of course.
Kneiss wrote: 
I have read so many philosophical books, i can't count. I have beaten my chesscomputer on the highest level several times. I have been classbest in math for several times.

[Jun 14, 2006 1:05:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MiniMoses

/me wonders if it was me who did this original post, how many people would come out the woodwork and give me grief, abuse, verbal personal attacks etc.
Drake
Captain of Clueless
Prince & Politician - Castigo Final.
squirt wrote: 
I'll take your word on this one, that he really doesn't mean to pick fights.. He's just.. British

[Jun 14, 2006 1:54:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gunnermooch

/me wonders if it was me who did this original post, how many people would come out the woodwork and give me grief, abuse, verbal personal attacks etc.

If you offered to pay for said abuse then sure :P, other than that I doubt it.
Dalnoth wrote: He was going on an on about some Cybersex with a 13 year old accusation, however I immediately dismissed the claim based on the fact that slimbottom can't even type one whole sentence coherently let alone have cybersex.
[Jun 16, 2006 1:01:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Ok, I'm going to reply to this because my flag on Cobalt was probably close to the first ones to do this for blockades. The difference was, nobody had to pay for a chance to win and all was recorded with a witness.

How do you propose to find the winner and have it witnessed? Who will witness it?

What I see here is a scam to get at least 20k PoE, then an alt of yourself winning it, keeping the sloop and the PoE.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Jun 16, 2006 9:37:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

We don't try to stop people running lotteries or raffles, but our standard disclaimer applies to all of them:

Please note that this event, as with any lottery or raffle, is run at the risk of the participants. If there is shown to be cheating or wrongdoing, the culprit will be punished, but no poe will be returned to participants affected. Please only enter if you trust the person or people hosting the event.
[Jun 17, 2006 10:15:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Crocodilian

Seems to me like another Greenie event planner trying to make some easy PoE :P

Who was the genius that said this in the first place?
Yes. I'am better than you!

Hunter: Asclepius
[Jun 17, 2006 7:52:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates