• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 24
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5670 times and has 23 replies Next Thread
MiniMoses

YPP Soccer WORLD CUP Fantasy League

Ok Mateys;
This is Simple....

Interested in one of the biggest sporting events of the calendar... World Wide?

Fancy having a flutter against fellow players??

Well;
Im going to host a :

Puzzle Pirates Fantasy World Cup.

But, its going to be totally remote operated?
How?

I finally found a FREE - YES FREE - Online place, where you can join, make your team, and as the tournament unfolds the players stats, performances etc are awarded or subtracted points.

I will be setting up a mini league there for PP, so we can see who is against who.

RULES FOR THIS COMPETITION:

* You have $100mil to spend on 1 GoalKeeper, 4 Defenders, 4 Midfielders, and 3 Strikers
* You canNOT have more than 2 Players from the same country
* You canNOT exceed $100mil
* As the tournament unfolds points are awarded to players which boosts your team scores.

* All Hosts rules and regulations, transfers, subsitutions etc apply here.
* added bonus of, if you beat everyone else on the actual game, you could win real life prizes too

* Entry to the competition wont closed. But the earlier you get in, the higher chance of scoring points.
* I believe the first round of points scoring is June 9th - so any teams registered before that competition day will score points and be at a better advantage.

I will also create a YPP league on the actual online game for this to be managed.

I already have my team posted: called Redding Panthers.

REGISTER NOW TO PLAY YPP FANTASY WORLD CUP SOCCER 2006

Looking forward to the game mateys.
Good Luck

EDIT: Removed all entry fees, prize pools, etc.
----------------------------------------
Drake
Captain of Clueless
Prince & Politician - Castigo Final.
squirt wrote: 
I'll take your word on this one, that he really doesn't mean to pick fights.. He's just.. British

[Edit 2 times, last edit by MiniMoses at Jun 8, 2006 5:18:24 AM]
[Jun 2, 2006 4:33:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ttpenna

Re: YPP Soccer WORLD CUP Fantasy League

My team is registered on that game just tell me the name o of the legaue
Ttpenna Meridian

R.I.P Yokomoko
R.I.P Hamandcheese
[Jun 2, 2006 8:00:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    108765490 [Link]  Go to top 
Demonyaj

As a side note- OM's usually will not sticky non-familiar events and generally will not help with an event that profits the person running it (as you're scraping 500 poe per entry, this fits).

As a note onthe contest itself, if I knew a thing about football, I might enter. ;)
Denying the inevitable for as long as possible is a waste of life's work.
[Jun 2, 2006 9:27:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ebudae

As a side note- OM's usually will not sticky non-familiar events and generally will not help with an event that profits the person running it (as you're scraping 500 poe per entry, this fits).

As a note onthe contest itself, if I knew a thing about football, I might enter. ;)

If I read correctly, I think it would cost much more than just 500 poe to enter. Yeah, I know about football, but sorry. No way am I entering this competition - or any competition in which I smell a potential ripoff.
Ebudæ

Hephaestus broadcasts, "/me kicks the server."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ebudae at Jun 2, 2006 10:12:06 AM]
[Jun 2, 2006 10:11:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
largoon

Ebudae wrote: 

If I read correctly, I think it would cost much more than just 500 poe to enter. Yeah, I know about football, but sorry. No way am I entering this competition - or any competition in which I smell a potential ripoff.

I think DY's referring to the fact that there is a 10% cut to the organiser, which is 500 poe of the 5000 poe entry fee.
[Jun 2, 2006 10:17:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MiniMoses

I wouldnt expect anything else from you really, because its ME thats running this event.
I can remove the 10% for my involvement, if it means more people involved. But i do things to raise funds for my flag.

Like you to explain how you feel this could be a ripoff?
Drake
Captain of Clueless
squirt wrote: 
I'll take your word on this one, that he really doesn't mean to pick fights.. He's just.. British

[Jun 2, 2006 10:24:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonyaj

Exactly, Largoon. I don't take issue with it- having run and participated in pools, for-pay fantasy football leagues, and side bowling leagues, the coordinator is justified (in my opinion) in taking a cut of entries, or taking a free entry. It's just that it assures you won't receive OM support (as well as they usually don't support pay to enter events, or non PP related events, either). Like I said, if I knew a thing about football, I'd enter. It's not a bad system or a bad league. =)
Denying the inevitable for as long as possible is a waste of life's work.
[Jun 2, 2006 10:27:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ebudae

I wouldnt expect anything else from you really, because its ME thats running this event.
I can remove the 10% for my involvement, if it means more people involved. But i do things to raise funds for my flag.

Like you to explain how you feel this could be a ripoff?

All right, maybe not. Sorry. It just felt that way to me. :p

You see, I just thought it was too much hassle just to enter an event. You have to go to a third-party website and register, provide an email address, pay a hefty entry fee, etcetera etcetera - and what's the prize if you win? Only mere poe - and no-one even knows how much poe yet. If I were to go through all that trouble just to enter, I would have expected a familiar as my prize for coming first. XD

And sorry I misunderstood Demonyaj about the 10% thing. When the rules for a competition are so long and complicated, it's just too easy to miss something here or there. ;D
Ebudæ

Hephaestus broadcasts, "/me kicks the server."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ebudae at Jun 2, 2006 12:01:16 PM]
[Jun 2, 2006 12:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MiniMoses

All right, maybe not. Sorry. It just felt that way to me. :p

You see, I just thought it was too much hassle just to enter an event. You have to go to a third-party website and register, provide an email address, pay a hefty entry fee, etcetera etcetera - and what's the prize if you win? Only mere poe - and no-one even knows how much poe yet. If I were to go through all that trouble just to enter, I would have expected a familiar as my prize for coming first. XD

And sorry I misunderstood Demonyaj about the 10% thing. When the rules for a competition are so long and complicated, it's just too easy to miss something here or there. ;D

Well the whole point of the external source is because no1 can complain of fixing...results are instantly, and its a good game mechanic to work on, and i get to be involved aswell.
If you have visited the site, you will find its really easy and simple to register, pick your team, and your done.
Took me 15 mins at the very most, and that was after revewing setting up a league for this to run.

Like any sweepstake, you dont know what the prize fund is goin to be... But it could potentally be a good return on investment. And PoE is valuable, easy to manage, easy to transfer.

The rules may seem long, but infact, where highlighting what the site entails to save you time in the registration, i have yet to see a decent event run with very minimal rules and a small post. People always want details, clarity, i have covered every question and added all the relevant details to save time.

Its a good event, will be fun for all sporting minds, and is more of a community thing with added bonus. Fact that if you do good on the game, the chance to win $1000 in real life, or in the top 10 you win a team shirt of your choice...i think that would also add to your attraction, and maybe be a better reward than a familiar.
Drake
Captain of Clueless
squirt wrote: 

[Jun 2, 2006 1:58:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
montblanc9

why not just play on the fifa world cup offical webpage fantasy soccer this seems complicated...
[Jun 2, 2006 2:01:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MiniMoses

Removed the 10% admin cost, in order to get more people interested.

Should be a laugh.
Drake
Captain of Clueless
squirt wrote: 

[Edit 1 times, last edit by MiniMoses at Jun 3, 2006 4:23:25 AM]
[Jun 2, 2006 2:15:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
andi_kan

* You have $100mil to spend on 1 GoalKeeper, 4 Defenders, 4 Midfielders, and 3 Strikers

Is the 12th player meant to be a reserve?
Andikan, Scapegoat of Sage & Hunter;

Avatar by the awesome Avera, the ultimate OM stalker.
[Jun 4, 2006 8:19:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MiniMoses

Is the 12th player meant to be a reserve?

Substitute yea.
You can swap him inbetween matches and stuff.

Thinking about taking this away from being an event, due to lack of interest, and just keep it as a bit of fun for anyone who wants to add their names to a league there.
Drake
Captain of Clueless
squirt wrote: 

[Jun 4, 2006 8:28:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clusen

"Orange Pickles" are now created. I'll catch you around to give you the 5000 poe. My email is clusen (a) gmail. com.

why not just play on the fifa world cup offical webpage fantasy soccer this seems complicated...

What's complicated about it?
- Click link in post.
- Make team :)
(There's even an autoselect function that can deliver a random team).
Clusen - almost not playing.
Rastapickle - a little less almost not playing.
[Jun 6, 2006 7:21:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MiniMoses

Ok Guys

One more Day before the World Cup Starts..

This "event" didnt get too many people turning out.
So the PoE was removed and its just going to be a laugh instead.
Bit of interaction.

Use the registration link in the first post, and then use this code..

1804-1164

When you click the link to join a friendly league. At it should be there.

Good Luck
Drake
Captain of Clueless
squirt wrote: 

[Jun 8, 2006 5:12:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crocodilian

Yay, I'am in.

My team name is Heartbreak High!!!
Yes. I'am better than you!

Hunter: Asclepius
[Jun 8, 2006 9:09:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TotallyNecte

Pax Piranha team is up for business along with Nistelroy, Ranaldo, and Ranaldino, and who can forget the crazy trinidad goalie Hislop!?!?!
Hunter's very own finest Cmuss..

Officer of the crew Pax Piranha
Owner of the cutter Half Tench
[Jun 11, 2006 6:56:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MiniMoses

Updates:

Well guys, its been a very eventful opening few days of this first round of fixtures out in Deutchland.
We've seen lacklustre performances in the blistering heat by teams defending 1 goal leads, we've seen die hard performances from underdogs to scramble the draw, and seen flair, style, and some showboating skills. The heat has hit of 30 degrees C in the middle of the day, dropping to a manageable 23 in the evening.
Fast open paced games, with the tournaments first red card falling yesterday.

The PP World Cup dream is taking some nice hits, with the current leader table looking like this:

1 Redding Panthers - Drake - 22
2 branagin - ?? - 19
3 Heartbreak High - Asclepius - 15
4 Change Name - ?? - 13
5 Orange Pickles - ?? - 12
6 Mancha Verde - ttpenna - 6
7 Pax Piranha - cmuss - 0

((because pax joined after the first point scoring round started, the league doesnt give him points for any players, he will accumulate points once the second round of fictures start. Wed/Thurs))

Its early days at the moment, and anything can change.
Dont forget you have 4 subs in this round to make, but they wont score points if they have already played. So use this to your advantage.

Its never to late to join this fun event, just follow the directions in this thread. Changing formation might help too, if you want a stronger midfield, than defence, to help boost them points.

The next couple of days will be important for this league, in order to bridge any gaps or strengthen any leads. Not all players have had their fixtures, so heres looking forward to another day of footy.

This is Drake reporting for the YPP, Munich.
Drake
Captain of Clueless
squirt wrote: 

[Edit 3 times, last edit by MiniMoses at Jun 13, 2006 2:15:49 AM]
[Jun 12, 2006 1:34:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ttpenna

w00t i forgot about the tourney -.-
Ttpenna Meridian

R.I.P Yokomoko
R.I.P Hamandcheese
[Jun 12, 2006 4:18:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    108765490 [Link]  Go to top 
Crocodilian

My name is Asclepius, not Cocodilian

P.S Iam winning by 20 points :P

[Jun 12, 2006 4:32:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NewMadHatter

100 million is quite a bit of cash, are you sure there would be enough team people willing to afford such a cost? Especially on hunter?
Unitnine on Viridian
Captain of the crew "Axe Gang"
King of the flag "Devils Destroyers"
[Jun 16, 2006 11:02:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MiniMoses

100 million is quite a bit of cash, are you sure there would be enough team people willing to afford such a cost? Especially on hunter?

LMMFAO thats the best post ever.
Mate, please re-read the post for the entry.

Its $100mil not 100mil PoE.
The game is set on a remote host, i have no access to it.
Drake
Captain of Clueless
squirt wrote: 

[Jun 16, 2006 11:12:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crocodilian

I think the OM's should supply the winner with a ribbon :P. Or Drake should throw a little something in....

[Jun 17, 2006 7:59:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MiniMoses

I think the OM's should supply the winner with a ribbon :P. Or Drake should throw a little something in....

Not going to happen im afraid.
Originally this bit of fun had some poe entry requirement, but due to lack of teams (only banned and i were involved at the time) i withdrew the entrance poe, thus any winnings for the sweepstake and made it a bit of fun, and low and beyold we ended up with 8/10 teams ?!

Im currently donating a sloop for an event to be run on here soon, and considerable cash for a quiz event on the global events section, that will do for me at the moment.
Drake
Captain of Clueless
squirt wrote: 

[Jun 18, 2006 1:24:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates