• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1078 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
brazzy

Methods of crew/flag fundraising Reply to this Post

As mentioned in this
thread, there are various ways crews or flags use to raise funds for communal use (ships, stalls, houses, war). These are what I have seen /heard of myself:
  • Volountary donations (usually for specific uses)
  • Raffles / Tombolas
  • Auctions. I've seen officers being auctioned off hourly; if auctioning in-game objects, people would have to bid higher than they normally would for ideological reasons
  • Requiring commanding officers to donate a certain percentage of the restock surplus of their pillages
  • Taking pillaged commodities other than blood and gold
  • Requiring officers to pay a weekly or monthly tax.
  • Holding pillage events where everyone is expected to donate their booty share (and of course the restock surplus) afterwards.

I'd like to hear other people's perhaps more creative methods!
----------------------------------------
--
http://www.brazzy.de
[Dec 7, 2005 6:58:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.brazzy.de/ [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

Re: Methods of crew/flag fundraising Reply to this Post

there is also having a crew or flag owned shoppe or stall, where any profits go to the crew/flag (instead of managers). usually this is coupled with *ahem* strongly encouraging members of said crew/flag to put an alt to working at the place fer wages that aren't the best that could be hoped fer.

me? i prefers the outright asking fer donations bit, particularly if it's tied to something like "leftover restocking poe" or "wages from ONE of yer alts". Just designate one ship in the crew, so any crew member (or jobber) can just drop poe into its hold - it doesn't even have to be unlocked. Or if ye own an island, ye can set the palace or realtor to selling stone fer 100 poe each (and tell everybody that's how to donate).
LordKalvan of Otherwhen, all oceans but mostly Midnight
[Edit 1 times, last edit by tcarr at Dec 7, 2005 7:51:43 AM]
[Dec 7, 2005 7:50:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tarf

We tie promotions to donations, +/-.

If you just want to be a officer, we expect nothing from you.

If you want to be a Fleet Officer, we require you to donate all restock surplus to the crew/flag fund (which +/- applies only to pillagers).

If you want to be a Senior Officer, you have to give the shirt off your back, plus recruit someone and give the shirt off their back, too.
The Pirate Formerly Known as Tarf
Retired and/or Drunk
[Dec 7, 2005 8:10:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

In my former crew i took care of a "crew rack". Crewmembers could choose to donate clothes they didn't use or want anymore. Those were put on a tailor's rack, and the profit of selling them would go into the crew fund. I really liked this, because you could spend your poe by buying new clothes, and still support you crew by doing so, because you could donate your old ones. And of course you could buy clothes from the rack yourself as well.
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
[Dec 7, 2005 8:14:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TarnumTheRed

I personnaly like crew/flag pillages where the crew cut is increased for that pillage, then the entire crew cut goes to funds. That way the crew and flag members make PoE and so does the crew/flag fund
Tarnum

Darvid wrote: 
I guess it's just fun to poke the retarded bunny.
Muroni wrote: 
Who isn't sure that leif will let me enter him, but I'm willing to try.

[Dec 7, 2005 8:32:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

Standing at Inn's making warm, fuzzy rabbits appear from you're swash, charging poe for that has worked a treat for me.
A Confirmed Basterd, Antix
Of Guerrilla Warfare 2018 fame

[Dec 7, 2005 8:34:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Peter_Blood

The old captain in my crew on virid would take the entire restock cut, but he supplied all your cbs and rum. On dubloon oceans, pooling your resources rather makes sense, cause of dubloon costs, lots of sloops are bought by individuals who can't afford WBs and up. I'd think on midnight that wouldn't be as much of a problem, since they pay far less for ships than dub oceans do. On sage though, we keep our restock, I put all of mine back into supplies or ships, not sure what other crews/flags do. I also run a stall, once it gets around 200k+ it's generally time to order another WB, sometime I let it get to 300k, for a WF. Really does depend on your ambitions, whether it's to be island owners or just well supplied pillagers. I do rather like the idea of a crew rack, course I walk around in rags full time, but maybe someone would donate something old and black I can buy for black rags.
Robberbaron

BSB - Midnight
MG - Sage

Sacrificing Minions: Is there any problem it can't solve? - OotS #192
[Dec 7, 2005 8:59:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

I think requiring donations is lame. I've always felt very strongly that donations to a crew should be 100% voluntary and not tied to rank in any way whatsoever. Furthermore, I feel that the restock fee is for the owner of the ship and the officer in charge of the pillage-it is to help them out, not the crew. If this means a crew doesn't have the funds to take over the world, then maybe it wasn't meant to be. Go recruit some people who care about the crew and are going to decide on their own that they care enough to donate to the cause.

Rumors and smear tactics aside, PotD and Crimson Tide never have forced anyone to donate anything to us. Thanos and Misery never levied a tribute on us. It's never been necessary; people always give and gave plenty willingly.
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Dec 7, 2005 3:05:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
chewyshoe

I think requiring donations is lame. I've always felt very strongly that donations to a crew should be 100% voluntary and not tied to rank in any way whatsoever. Furthermore, I feel that the restock fee is for the owner of the ship and the officer in charge of the pillage-it is to help them out, not the crew. If this means a crew doesn't have the funds to take over the world, then maybe it wasn't meant to be. Go recruit some people who care about the crew and are going to decide on their own that they care enough to donate to the cause.

Rumors and smear tactics aside, PotD and Crimson Tide never have forced anyone to donate anything to us. Thanos and Misery never levied a tribute on us. It's never been necessary; people always give and gave plenty willingly.

Amen. I basically just use the shangs our crew pumps out to pay for any crew boats and just pump in a whole lot of my own poe for other things. But I guess we also have a crew IM which pumps out a huge profit also.
Funny exam answers | Free online contests
[Dec 7, 2005 3:18:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

We discussed it with our officers on a crew level. Decision was made that after resupplying the ship - 20% of the remainder goes to the crew fund - for, let's see, what's the current goal again..... oh yes, tricking out our "Floating Estate" Before that it was ships, big ones, War Frigates and Merchant Galleons - used by the crew, as storage ships at the moment, occasionally we pillage the WF's, we also convert a bit of it to doubloons for delivery costs on that furniture and ships and things. And the pirates and CP's donate if they feel like it.

Flag level fundraising is trickier. At the moment, we're going with auctioning off our people, pillaging with flaggies and donating it to the flag fund and a couple of other things that we'd rather not share.
Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[Dec 8, 2005 3:27:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moon_goddess

I think requiring donations is lame. I've always felt very strongly that donations to a crew should be 100% voluntary and not tied to rank in any way whatsoever. Furthermore, I feel that the restock fee is for the owner of the ship and the officer in charge of the pillage-it is to help them out, not the crew.

I agree with ye here as well, if people want to donate poe they will, that and there are better ways than requiring people to donate... its not really a donation at that point but more of a fee or bill and no one likes those. O_o IMHO stalls are a much better way to make poe for a flag or crew
Chicka ~<Cobalt>~
[Dec 9, 2005 2:05:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dewdlebug

We tie promotions to donations, +/-.

If you just want to be a officer, we expect nothing from you.

If you want to be a Fleet Officer, we require you to donate all restock surplus to the crew/flag fund (which +/- applies only to pillagers).

If you want to be a Senior Officer, you have to give the shirt off your back, plus recruit someone and give the shirt off their back, too.

Are you in the crew of ScienPiracy founded by L Ron Scupper?

Or was that Amway that I'm thinking of?
You know what they say about having sex with asians? You scupper them and you'll be horny again after an hour...
[Dec 9, 2005 5:13:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scarblac

I'd like to hear other people's perhaps more creative methods!

• All communal money comes out of the captain's own pocket.
    Enoch, Captain of Single Malt, on Cobalt
    Royal of Keepers of the Light
  • [Dec 9, 2005 5:25:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates