• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 29
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11371 times and has 28 replies Next Thread
Zmasterben

ZmasterBen's Colored Lamp Gallery! Reply to this Post

I am putting together a gallery for colored lamps, to help people decide before they buy.

ZmasterBen's Colored Lamp Gallery!

Forum Version

Colored Lamp Pictures:
Normal
Red
Tan
White
Black
Grey
Yellow
Pink
Violet
Purple
Navy
Blue
Aqua
Lime
Green
Orange
Maroon
Brown
Gold

Notes
-I still need a black and gold colored lamp for my gallery. If you have either of these lamps I will pay you 500 PoE to let me borrow them and throw them on my basement wall
-Someone stated earlier on the forums that the black lamp caused a black out. This is false, the black heavily dims the room but it does not cause black out like candles.
-Some people have had trouble with the pictures being too dark. I have found that the angle you look at the pictures may cause issues, so if you are having trouble seeing them, adjust the position of your monitor, not your brightness.
-Although the pictures are Jpegs and the quality is worse, I have found that the glow of the lights represent the real thing just as well as the bmps.

Color Comparison Pictures
to compare similiar colors (lighter color on the left)

Normal/White
Red/Maroon
Aqua/Blue
Blue/Navy
Lime/Green
White/Grey
Tan/Brown
Violet/Purple

What's next?

I will continue to work on the split screen comparison images and will entertain any requests people have for them. Also, I had a request made by someone to do some screenshots with painted walls, so I am working on how to get that done and collecting lamps again.

Special thanks too:

Pjotr, Vistr, Mousebeard, Misery, Featherfin, Fannon, Sirlansolot, and Hogwash.

Credits

If you have any comments or opinions I don't mind hearing them along with any requests or suggestions you may have. Feel free to ask and I will see what I can do. :)

Thanks to all of you who have already helped me out and for those that do in the future. Enjoy my gallery!

-ZmasterBen
----------------------------------------
ZmasterBen
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Zmasterben at Jan 15, 2006 2:18:33 PM]
[Sep 29, 2005 5:49:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Re: ZmasterBen's Colored Lamp Gallery! Reply to this Post

I would have used JPGs in this situation as well, but for future reference, PNG images look identical to BMPs but are a mere fraction of the size (I saved a 1.65MB BMP image that someone posted and got it down to 297KB simply by saving it as PNG).
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Sep 29, 2005 6:00:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jacktheblack

Very nicely done.
[Sep 29, 2005 6:00:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jacktheblackypp    samergamer [Link]  Go to top 
Pianoman1125

Cheers Ben! Looks great.
Muffynz
A Cartographer

Member of Crimson Tide
YPPedia Admin
Not-so-secretly conducting the oceans since 2003.
[Sep 29, 2005 6:24:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pianoman1125    Your average cupcake is just not as tasty. [Link]  Go to top 
ninja277

Nice. I have a black lamp on Viridian if you would like to borrow it. No cost, just find me there.
Tristan

All Oceans
[Sep 29, 2005 11:51:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

Great refferal post mate, thank you. Bookmarking it now.

But dang green is dark.
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
[Sep 30, 2005 2:37:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zmasterben

oops... right, I am taking these screenies from Carribean's Townhouse on Midnight, so I need the black and gold lamps on Midnight.
ZmasterBen
[Sep 30, 2005 6:27:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AndromedaCL

You never cease to amaze me, Ben. Awesome job. :-)
Carribean
Carribean Cruise Lines

Androclea's Realm
[Oct 3, 2005 12:25:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/androcleasrealm/home.htm    AndrocleasRealm    AndrocleaNight [Link]  Go to top 
Zmasterben

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone :)

I am still in search of a black and gold lamp and willing to take any resonable requests for pictures if anyone has any!
ZmasterBen
[Oct 3, 2005 4:50:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
frogkissed11

I still dont understand why the white light makes the room dimmer..
JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
Blazeblade says, "you're talking to a SHEEP?"
[Oct 4, 2005 6:49:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Talisker

I still dont understand why the white light makes the room dimmer..

Each light works as though you've laid a cloth of the appropriate colour over the light. This is why many of the darker coloured ones seem quite dark. And why the white cloth makes it dimmer.
Leif
The Forums
Gunnermooch wrote: 
I can't respond because I do not understand what the hell you are talking about. Sorry.

Av by Ecastasy
[Oct 4, 2005 6:55:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AndromedaCL

Yeah some of them are very dark - like the green, marron and navy. I wonder if you can see anything at all with the black.
Carribean
Carribean Cruise Lines

Androclea's Realm
[Oct 4, 2005 7:04:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/androcleasrealm/home.htm    AndrocleasRealm    AndrocleaNight [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

Yeah some of them are very dark - like the green, marron and navy. I wonder if you can see anything at all with the black.

Yes you can. Let me dig out a screenshot of the hemp maze with Prometheus' black lamp.

EDIT:

I'm sure if you asked the OM on duty nicely, they would magic up one and place it for you.

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Piplicus_BNO at Oct 4, 2005 10:22:22 AM]
[Oct 4, 2005 10:19:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
AndromedaCL

Thanks, Pip :-) Sure looks like lights off to me :-P

I was thinking that it would be need to see the colored lamps with the same colored walls.. like red lamp w/red walls.
Carribean
Carribean Cruise Lines

Androclea's Realm
[Oct 7, 2005 12:32:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/androcleasrealm/home.htm    AndrocleasRealm    AndrocleaNight [Link]  Go to top 
rixation

I was thinking that it would be need to see the colored lamps with the same colored walls.. like red lamp w/red walls.

By request, my townhouse...

red light, red walls, and madder:

aqua light, aqua walls, and cowslip spices:

...all of my walls are either red, aqua, or white...so someone else will have to do the other colors. :)
Epimetheus
Retired

[Oct 15, 2005 8:53:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AndromedaCL

By request, my townhouse...

..all of my walls are either red, aqua, or white...so someone else will have to do the other colors. :)

TY so much. :-) The aqua seems to make the walls stand out a bit. that is what I was curious about with the lamps and walls of the same color.

It is also great to see the other style of town house too. I haven't seen that type yet. : )
Carribean
Carribean Cruise Lines

Androclea's Realm
[Oct 15, 2005 12:56:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/androcleasrealm/home.htm    AndrocleasRealm    AndrocleaNight [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

Any filter in front of a light will make it dimmer, unless it's totally clear. I think the white light is more akin to a frosted filter than a clear one in this instance.
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Oct 15, 2005 1:01:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rappak

Could you please get a gold wall lamp screen shot asap? I need a comparison between orange and gold if possible as well.
Rappak, memmer of the oceans.

Rappak- Ex-king of Something Powerful (Cobalt)/ex-Lord of Indestructible Fury, a caged free-bird forever.
Rappak- Officer in Easily Distracted (Midnight)/Mem helper in CT/Where am I?
[Nov 13, 2005 8:27:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

Bump-Tastic!

This is fantastic. Have you considered putting these images in the Wiki? Lots of people are sent there first with furniture questions. Also, you wouldn't have to worry about the questionable hosting from other free servers.

Finally, if you petition an OM very nicely during off hours, they might put a gold or black lamp on the walls for you so that you can take the screenies.
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[Dec 30, 2005 5:15:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

I have edited the wiki to link to this post.
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
[Dec 30, 2005 6:36:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zmasterben

Now thanks to Artemis I have finally posted the black and gold colored lamps to the forum gallery.
ZmasterBen
[Jan 15, 2006 2:19:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aritons

Ahem; Mind the 2+ year bump.

Requesting Lavender, Light Green, Magenta, Mint, and Rose examples? (edit to clarify: Either from ZmasterBen himself, or someone else with a similar setup for such.)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Aritons at Jul 12, 2008 6:34:36 PM]
[Jul 12, 2008 6:33:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ynahteb

Normal
Light Green
Magenta
Mint
Rose
Lavender

Edit: Added Lavender :)
Squee!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ynahteb at Jul 14, 2008 9:11:01 AM]
[Jul 14, 2008 9:04:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dulcinea2168

Ooo ... thank you Bethany! I just ordered a rose colored lamp and was wondering exactly how it'd look when turned on. Sweet - I won't be disappointed!
Aldonza ~ Dulcinea
Sage ~ Malachite (& Viridian)

The dichotomy of me. :D

Rafikie said:

I know where to place my wood.

[Jul 15, 2008 4:01:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    gamegirl2168 [Link]  Go to top 
Ynahteb

Spring '09 colors! Reply to this Post

Mind the bump. Thought maybe someone would want to see what the new colored lamps look like :)

Control
Lemon
Peach
Light Blue
Squee!
[Apr 15, 2009 1:27:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tylerbj

Hey im on hunter and have a painted cabin wanna bring a lamp over and try it out ^^

Send a tell to Tjj
[Jul 18, 2009 7:10:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tkp42

Geocities is closing down in October, so would this info be worth putting in the wiki? I confess I haven't searched to see if it's there already, but I'd hate to lose this color chart. Very handy stuff.

(I have several Geocities accounts, so that's how I know Yahoo is going to shut them down and delete the sites.)
Tonya+nator
Claiming poker ruined the game since 2006
[Jul 19, 2009 7:53:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ice.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Tonyanator [Link]  Go to top 
TeamOSM

I've put together a quick page to preserve ZmasterBen's resources combined with Ynahteb's contributions. It allows users to compare any two colors of lamps.

http://theawesomefiles.com/puzzlepirates/lamps.htm
[Oct 8, 2009 10:42:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Z1Q

I've put together a quick page to preserve ZmasterBen's resources combined with Ynahteb's contributions. It allows users to compare any two colors of lamps.

http://theawesomefiles.com/puzzlepirates/lamps.htm

Very nice website! A huge thumbs up from me. :)
Boom on Sage Ocean
Hanley on Hunter Ocean
Trib on Viridian Ocean
Senior Officer of Poorly Named Crew
Boom on sails here!
[Oct 8, 2009 12:55:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates