• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 110
Posts: 110   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 25293 times and has 109 replies Next Thread
mailerbox

Re: Who Wants to be Hades' Governor? Contest Entries Reply to this Post

Govenorship of Sakejima Island in Viridian Ocean

When I get Govenorship ill make low taxes so evry one will buy stuff at my island coz evry thing is low priced, ill get rich easy and ill buy stuff for on the island and the inhabitants, ill wil make an stall at evry place and sell stuff for low prices. Now people will buy things for the lowest price and im getting rich from it and other people would have a good time, they'll would all be happy coz they spare money coz evrything is low priced.

My way of thinkin is not to take respect but to urn respect.

Bladefighter on the Viridian Ocean,

Competing for the Govenorship of Sakejima Island.
[Oct 23, 2005 3:06:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
matidodel

Sublimate governor´s campain for Sakejima Island in Viridian ocean
Ahoy Hade, judge and other fellow pirates,
First of all sorry for my english, i´m not a native speaker.
Second, lets start with the plan:
1- Sakejimas navy colour should be cool, not just wearable: awesome. I´m going for gold and black or yellow and blue. Everyone would preffer to work for us in the missions rather for some crappy pink boots... (dont tell me that it didnt happen to ye or some of yer freinds)
Also, we must change the hair style of ower brigands: Rasta Style, only rasta. We´ll have the coolest navy of all the oceans.
2-Resident only tournaments. Thats the best thing to do. I dont know if we have to use the OM help, or just using a local area tournaments we can do, but that would be an excellent gift for ower citizens.
3-All upgraded buildings, thats for sure, we have to be the greatest. And for the Inn, mora separated rooms, thats for sure.
4-Lots of booty for the governor and his original pirate (i have good intentions, but ain´t stupid)
5-A monthly price for the best citizen pirate, like a good clothe, and an enourmous anual prize, like an OM´s privided pet.
6-This is very important for the ones like me who are not native speakers: instructions and salutes in spanish, french and other lenguages, not english only.

Ok, those where my ideas, with goals that could be achieved, nothing riddiculous but original and would make all non sakjima´s citizen green with envy.!

again, My Pirate Name is Sublimate, and i pillage on the Viridan Ocean
[Oct 23, 2005 4:46:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kvo535

Ooh, I want to be governor! Reply to this Post

Laffite's Gubernatorial Plan for Sakejima Island in the Cobalt Ocean

Week One: (week one is to start on the day the winner is announced and continue for seven days)

Every day for the first week I will host a large tourney. Entry fee will be 500 PoE while the starting pot will be 10k of my own as well as anything Hades wishes to contribute. The seven tourneys will be as follows: Day1, sword fighting, Day2, drinking, Day3, treasure drop, Day4, sword fighting, Day5, drinking, Day6, treasure drop, Day7, sword fighting. On the Saturday of the first week I will host a party in my villa on Olive Island. At the beginning of the party everyone will be given a number as they enter. At the end of the party I will call out the winning number and that person will recieve a sloop. During the party I will host one tourney of each variety (sword fighting, drinking, and treasure drop) with prize of 10k in each. The entry fee will be 500 PoE. All of the tourneys will be cascading exponentially and be played using the standard rules (they will be "bring your own sword or mug").

During the first week I will also begin building houses. All different sorts of houses for all different price ranges.

The rest of week one will be used for preparation for the upcoming weeks.

Week Two:

Beginning on the first day of week two, I will allow pirates to purchase plots of land to build shops (not stalls). I have been playing for a couple of years and have yet to own a full-fledged shop. I have, of course, owned stalls and such, but never a shop. Building shops on Sakejima Island will allow pirates of small crews who are unable to take over an island of their own to become a shop-owner.

As I'm sure ye know, Sakejima exports cubanite, wood, iris root, and sugar cane. These ingredients are mainly used in distilling and alchemy. I would make sure to build more of these shops than any other so as to promote the local economy. Having these commodities readily available will allow shop-owners and stall-owners alike to lower prices and provide the citizens of Sakejima with local prices they and unlikely to find anywhere else.

Every Wednesday on Sakejima Island I will host a bingo night. That's right this classic game will now be made available to ye, the pirates of Cobalt Ocean. Of course, this may take a little tweaking to make sure the game runs smoothly, but I'm fairly certain that this will go off without a hitch. For those of ye who don't know how to play bingo, the rules can be found online. We will be playing "regular games" as defined by the provided website. If ye have any questions on the rules of bingo, I will be more than happy to clarify them for ye. Players will have one hour before the game begins to tell me the numbers they wish to have on their cards. In order for ye numbers to be accepted, they must be in a particular order. Ye will be required to send them to me in a single tell. More than one /tell will most likely lead to confusion. The order that ye will be required to send yer numbers in is this: the letters will be sent in a B-I-N-G-O order. Ye will specify the letter for each number ye wish to have. Ye must go down the "B" column vertically starting at the top and going to the bottom. Then the "I" column in the same manner. Then the "N," then the "G," then the "O," column. If ye need a visual representation of this setup, please refer to this picture.

The previous card will be told to me as follows:

B-1, 9, 6, 13, 7, I-24, 17, 28, 25, 18, N-37, 42, FREE, 36, 31, G-48, 53, 60, 59, 56, O-61, 68, 75, 74, 70.

The third number for the "N" column will always be a free square. Despite that, I will still require ye to put it in yer tell.

The caller for the bingo games will either be an OM (if they agree to participate) or myself.

Every bingo card can be purchased for 500 PoE. Each participant can purchase a total of three cards per game.

Prizes for the bingo games will be as follows:

First Place: 25% of the total entry fees collected.
Second Place: 15% of the total entry fees collected.
Third Place: 10% of the total entry fees collected.

The remaining 50% will go to the island and be used at the governor's discretion.

During week two I will also allow pirates to rent out the palace. There will be a fee which has yet to be determined. The fee will depend on the interest exhibited. This will allow ye to do anything ye wish in the palace (i.e. throw a party, create local tourneys, just hang out, what have you). The palace will be rented out by the hour. If ye wish to rent the palace ye can either send me a /tell in game of email yer request to laffitethepirate@gmail.com This may also take a little tweaking but will hopefully work out ok. If it does, I plan on building a second palace to facilitate more parties. Whoo parties!

Starting during week two I will host a bimonthly boat race. This boat race, though, differs from any other boat race. The rules are as follow:
1. participants can use any type of boat they wish
2. there will be no limit on the number of pirates allowed on a boat
3. ye must start on Dragon?s Nest and sail all the way to Sakejima

That's it! Those are the only rules. If ye feel ye need to PvP another boat that's in the contest, feel free to do so. If ye get into a battle with a brig, that's too bad. If ye run out of rum, I am very sorry, but there is nothing I can do. As this may take a bit of time for ye to reach the island, I will require that ye send me a /tell when yer within two league points of the island. Participants will be allowed to take any route they wish. I will make no requirements in that respect. The entry fee will be dependent on the type of boat ye wish to participate in. Those entry fees are as follow:

Sloop- 7,000 PoE
Cutter- 12,000 PoE
Merchant Brig- 20,000 PoE
War Brig- 30,000 PoE
Merchant Galleon- 45,000 PoE
War Frigate- 75,000 PoE
Grand Frigate- 150,000 PoE

The prizes are as follow:

First Place: 40% of the entry fees collected
Second Place: 20% of the entry fees collected
Third Place: 15% of the entry fees collected

The remaining 25% will go to the island and be used at the governor?s discretion.

At first, I do not plan to raise the island's taxes. Simply put, I feel no need to do so. I feel that through the events stated above, the island will be more than capable of raising funds to build a sufficient navy, buildings, and host many other events. If funds begin to run low and I am unable to contribute a large sum of PoE myself (which, to be quite honest, will probably not be the case), I will raise the taxes to roughly 5%. This will provide enough PoE to accomplish anything that needs to be done on behalf of the island, yet will keep prices low enough to allow even those poor pirates to purchase any goods they require.

As I have continued to play I have noticed lulls in tourneys. There are always dry periods in which nothing happens. If I were chosen to be governor I would put tourneys up anytime I felt that it was needed. I would also take into account the fact that now greenies are only allowed to play certain puzzles on certain days. I would tailor my tourneys to coincide with these "puzzle days." For example, if it were Friday (sword fight day) I wouldn't host a drinking tourney, because the greenies couldn"t participate. I think active participation is the path to getting more subscribers. So, I would create tourneys to allow greenies a glimpse of the great fun that subscribers can have.

If I were to be chosen to be governor, I would ask the forum moderators to create a sticky in the Piratical Parley and Politics forum that would allow anyone to post their thoughts on Sakejima Island. They would be allowed to post event ideas and requests.

Although I have only detailed the first two weeks of my governorship, many of my ideas and events presented can (and if I'm elected governor will) be used continually. My goal as governor would be to develop Sakejima into the place-to-be in the Cobalt Ocean. I also want others to have fun. As governor I would cater to others by hosting fun events that will take their minds away from work and school and such, and let them just play a game (a very good game I might add).

Just for a clarification: any PoE earned during any event will go specifically to the island. I will not be spending any of it on myself. I am quite capable of making my own PoE, thank ye (despite my ever-growing addiction to fancy things). The PoE may be used to fund further events, build house or other buildings, and fund prizes for tourneys. Well... I think my proposal is complete. Here's cheers to the old salt who does become governor, be him/her friend or foe, I wish them good luck. :)

-Laffite
----------------------------------------
[Edit 4 times, last edit by kvo535 at Oct 24, 2005 5:01:40 PM]
[Oct 23, 2005 5:31:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bobzie

My plans are simple:

Virdian ocean-sakejima island

1) I will build them high build them good!!

2) Make it fun make it Real!!!

3) Make the island what a pirate's home land would be!!

4) Give them Challenges, Give them Jobs!!

Simple as that.....
Bobzie - Captain of the Private Crew Genesis

Meridian Ocean
Former "Viridian Ocean"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by bobzie at Oct 24, 2005 2:03:25 AM]
[Oct 24, 2005 2:02:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smish

if i was to become the govener of hades i would build cheap houses but not shacks so greenies could buy houses rather than shacks to use and make shoppes cheaper to buy so there are more shoppes to buy ships, clothes and things from and i will check around the island for people who are helping greenies and things and tell them to an OM i will listen to wat people say to make the isand a better place! :) :)
crap i know....
Whipleash.
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
[Oct 24, 2005 10:02:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moo10

Ahoy! I am Littledog of the Cobalt Ocean, and I am entering into the Sakejima-Cobalt category.

My plan is to basically entertain as many people as possible. (Including myself)

Shoppes
I would hold auctions for numerous shops, to you know... spice the economy up. And then use the poe from that to run arrsome events.

Events
I would host daily tournaments at the inn. And, every week, on a Saturday, I would host some kind of special event. With huge prizes such as trinkets, shoppes, etc... I would also try to plan these special events not around blockades. At the end of the month, I would have some kind of really special tournament, and would possibly give out a familiar as a prize.

Attractions
First of all, I would either obtain the inn on Sakejima from it's current owner or build a new one. I would then upgrade the inn, and make it look SPECTACILUR, so more people would be attracted to come and have some fun there. I would then build all kinds of housing from bungalows to estates. I would then upgrade the palace, to make it as huge as it can be, so it can be used for some of the special events.

Economy
Like I mentioned before, I would auction off shoppes to up the economic action. I would also set taxes to whatever seems suit. I would try to make it as low as possible, but and then high enough to support some of my events.

Thank you for reading my entry. And, sorry that I didn't mention my "Special Events." But, I would try to make them races, maybe once name that song contest, (I LOVE name that song contest)
etc...

-Littledog-
RETIRED

Octupa of the Midnight and Sage Ocean
Littledog of the Cobalt and Viridian Ocean
[Oct 24, 2005 10:56:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Octupa [Link]  Go to top 
muffinman010

flag: hypnotic
crew: divas castle on the sea
ocean:cobolt
yes i have an open pirate slot.

plan for sakejima island:

thank you for ye time in reading this.

economics: rum rum rum

first help the distillery shops bring the price of rum down to say 45 poe
this should cause a wave of drop threw out the ocean.

current price its almost 60 poe.

this price is based on sugar cane at 8 poe.

build two ship shops;
one for frigs
one for grands(other large ships are optional)

other ships are optional on the governors behalf not to take the business of the little guys.(i would opt to not make any ships that the stalls can make)

castle to castle:

governors must come together and work for each other
with prices this is a big task but it may and can be done if co-op is given time and attention.

taxes: can fluctuate, every two months lower it for a reward to the ship stalls and flags who call it home.

[virdis island
this island need to become a larger one so that maximum ability for sake can be made. we need a fall plan on ppl looking for goods at a fair price. i would propose it to the governor and the oms to upgrade.(reason all other islands have a offset island that helps keep supply and demand at bay and up)

route to route:
sakejima can use a route from on of the other islands, olive dendrite or typhoon. this will also bring buyers of goods and supplies and also offer our own citizens a alturnitive route to iron .

last but not least: help flags that call it home to make it a great and lovable home a one of a kind place.
allow them to really revamp the island as thier home with nice items to be seen out side and clever planing. and design.
(i would only suggest it to hades and his wife if he has one)

homes
no need to compete with other islands, most homes are for flag mates so they will need the big boys for the crew and flag togather. since shacks are already here we can go for just the mannors with a new option feature.

(this would be discussed wiith the devs and oms but i know it would take very well)

thats my plan for in the start, cant forsee it all as it grows daily and is never the same

once again, thank you for reading this plan. choosen king of the castle of divas

fun fun fun: this is always important, but since the island has a theme i would run fun contest based on this.
Prepare to be boarded!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by muffinman010 at Oct 24, 2005 1:37:45 PM]
[Oct 24, 2005 1:35:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jesusfreak00

I would like to submit myself as a candidate for Governor of Sakejima Island in the Cobalt Ocean. Atlantian would be my preferred Governor name, if it is available.

Ideally, one of the initial events would include a same-sword sword-fighting tournament with a prize of a familiar provided by one of our generous, kind, understanding and friendly Ocean Masters (nudge, nudge, wink, wink). If no familiar is available, the tournament shall go on and an alternate prize will be substituted. This event would take place during the Governor’s Inauguration Bash after we have all had about ten times our fair share of rum.

In addition to what I hope will be numerous tournaments, I also hope to have many contests of various types. For example, auctioned shops and new housing would be named by means of a contest with various interesting prices. Other contests will be held as often as ideas and prizes allow, and suggestions will always be gratefully accepted.

Although I would set an initial tax of 5%, the issue would soon be brought before the pirates in the form of a poll intended to determine the preferred balance between taxes and events. These polls would be followed up on a regular basis, every other week, posted in the sakejima forums (see below) and would be available to all, with more detailed issues posed to the fine citizens of Sakejima.

Once the tax rate has been somewhat finalized, I would begin to focus on housing for the island. I would like to maintain a somewhat democratic approach, and poll the citizens and other interested parties regarding what types of housing they would like to see on the island. My initial suggestion would be for some moderately-priced housing, such as cottages, to be made available in addition to the existing shacks.

There will also be a full forum dedicated completely to issues and discussions regarding Sakejima Island. This forum, as well as all the polls, will be posted on a website hosted independently of the Puzzle Pirates forum as to avoid dominating the forum with too much Sakejima-specific Information. (Note to Three Rings: I currently have server resources available for such a forum and would not require development or OM assistance in this area.)
Mcsolo, captain of the small crew Gideon's Guild on cobalt.

No, we don't have (or know) anybody named gideon.

Cleaver wrote:

I ain't no stinkin' law man.

[Oct 24, 2005 1:57:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jyn

Jyn's Proposal To Govern Jorvik, Midnight.

Greetings, proles. I am Emperor Jyn I [1] . You may remember me from such leadership struggles as the recent Looterati and Silver Dawn royalty elections. In those elections, I was defeated by an unfortunate appearance of Democracy and Fair Play. However, I am confident that in this election, there will be no such impediments. I am sure that Hades will see, as many have done, that I am the ideal, indeed only choice for governor of Jorvik.

I believe, therefore, that I will make Jorvik my official imperial residence. However, were I to do so, certain changes would have to be made.

The public areas of Jorvik are an affront to my imperial personage. Not only is the place littered with tatty bazaars, the entrances to these bazaars are a cross between a storeroom and a rubbish heap, painted gaudy colours by a colourblind lunatic. If Jorvik is to continue to support these areas, then the public areas of the bazaars will be made fit for civilised people to do business in.[2]

Accompanying these great public works will be other works of public improvement; the square at the docks is in a shocking state, threadbare worn cobbles ground practically to shale by the endless slapping feet of passing pirates. I will therefore:
? Have the cobbles by the dockside repaired.[3]
? Install a monumental fountain to raise the tone of the area. [4]
? Have scruffy people arrested and beaten with clubs. [5]

I note that the inhabitants of the island are a pasty, scurvy lot, supplementing their diet of pork with only cowslip and some of the ornamental shrubs in the palace garden. The sight of their sallow, purulent flesh sickens me to my stomach, and I shall do something about it. Henceforth, the coffers of Cameloot will pay rich dividends to those who bring precious, healthy, lifegiving fruit, so that the indigenous population may become healthy, and no longer spoil my breakfast with their very presence. [6]

I note also that my trusted friend and advisor, Senator Ariadne has been sighted wandering homeless about the island. This will not do. A permanent home for Senator Ariadne shall be built and furnished. Should Senator Ariadne be found wandering thenceforth, any pirate who is kind enough to escort her home will be suitably rewarded.[7]

My divine reign will become a subject of much gladness and joy, and people will wish to venerate me. Be of great happitude, for there will be a means by which you can do this! For sale, in Cameloot's gift shop, there will be Divine Imperial Stones, all of which will have been personally blessed by me. The faithful will buy these stones, and take them home to their miserable, filthy hovels, and place them in shrines. Each day, the faithful will kneel before their shrine, touch their forehead to the ground, and say ?Oh Blessed Emperor, before whom I am an unworthy insect, thank you for bringing meaning to my hollow and empty existence.? The faithful will be rewarded! [8]

The island will become a happy, place, full of games and laughter. On penalty of death. In order to facilitate this, entertainments and tournaments will be funded all over the island, and I shall expect to see all you merry, smiling faces! [9]

There shall be no additional taxation of the merchants of Jorvik. Jorvik will remain, as it has always been, the Gateway to Ruby, and a haven for entrepreneurs everywhere! [10] New structures on Jorvik will be awarded to the faithful, the stout yeomanry of Jorvik who have built the economy to the state it is in now. [11]

The suffering of Jorvik has been long, and tragic, as various parties have struggled to impose their will on the island. Surely, by now, it has been made abundantly clear that a will of one's own is the route to misery and failure, and the true path to happiness may be found by subjugating one's will entirely to the whims of JYN!

Notes

1. I shall be conducting Imperial Business through the alt Jynasty. Jynasty is a contraction of "Jyn Dynasty", and is in no way an indication that I am in any way nasty. <Strokes white cat>. My main character is Jyn, on the Midnight Ocean.
2. The front rooms of the bazaars will be tidied up. They'll be painted a uniform colour scheme (I'm thinking maybe purple), and have all the tatty props removed, which will be replaced with themed furniture. Old news will be cleared, and replaced with regular announcements from your beloved Emperor.
3. Some of the land squares on the dock are rock and shale mixed in with the cobbles. We'll see about paying to have them changed to cobbles.
4. A pretty straightforward Cash-For-Charm transaction!
5. An ongoing, on-spec challenge tournament for the island. The Emperor and one of his flunkies will periodically challenge a person loitering on the dockside, and will wager an item of clothing. The fight will be a locally held 2 vs 1 brawl, with the Emperor and his flunky armed with sticks. Those who win get to smarten themselves up! Losers get beaten with sticks!
6. Jorvik's many improvements and schemes will be paid for in part via the fruit trade, which governors are in a unique position to exploit.
7. A pen will be placed on the island, constructed of furniture, for Piggy Ariadne. Of course, Piggy Ariadne will seldom, if ever, be found in the pen. Any pirate who can lure Ariadne into her pen, and send a tell to the Emperor, will receive a random prize from the Emperor's list.
8. Jorvik will run a lottery. Stone will be bought from Cameloot for an expensive price. Each stone bought counts as a ticket in the lottery, and will be recorded in the building records. Exactly half the money collected in this way will be given out as one of three weekly prizes. First prize will be 25% of the take, Second prize 15%, and third prize 10%. The remainder will be entered into an event fund. This will be an honest, not-for-profit lottery, and records will be subject to scrutiny by Hades, and the OMs.
9. There will be an event fund on Jorvik, that will serve two purposes. Firstly, I shall periodically, as funds allow, run tournaments on the island. This will account for roughly half the event fund. The other half will fund a scheme whereby anyone running a tournament on the island can get additional funding, of anything up to matching the money they put in themselves.
10. Tax rate 0%, forever. Cameloot makes profit itself if properly run, and if there's any need for funding in the future (i.e. the blockadable status of the island changes, and the island is under threat) then donations will be sought from those who wish to preserve the status quo.
11. Essentially, I will not consider the construction of a new business on Jorvik, unless the person wishing to open it has experience of running a stall of that type on Jorvik. I will not award a shop of any kind in the first month of my governorship; anyone who does want a shop and does not currently own a stall has a month to establish one, and show their commitment. The prospective shop owner must also demonstrate that there is a business case for the shop. I reserve the right to say "no".

Edit: Edited for MS Word's "helpful" punctuation.
Jyn
First Mate of British Sea Power, Midnight Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jyn at Oct 24, 2005 2:51:15 PM]
[Oct 24, 2005 2:45:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://looterati.goldfish.org [Link]  Go to top 
Yokuz116

I would make sure I have a steady supply of materials, because if ye run out that will slow things down. And I would help out the pirates doing comm runs to the island. I'd always be following a plan. I'm one of those kinds of people. I make huge goals and try to get them done, always think about them. My current goal is to own an island in another archipelago so that I can create a haven for pirates that want to explore there. But anyways lol, I want to help out other people. This game is supposed to be fun isn't it lol? And when you give someone something out of nowhere it feels good. After all, people will only remember their experiences with you, not what they hear or see about you. In the end it's only what you do, not for yourself, but for others that people will remember. Like Martin Luther King Jr. for example. We all know what he did because he did it for all of us. Or veterans of the world wars. No one would remember them if they were all in it for land or money. They did it for the people and that's why we rememer them. What I'm trying to say is that it doesn't matter what you do it's how you do it. Because no matter what, something is always going to happen, so people get used to that and they forget about it, but not how it happened. It's also how we learn from our mistakes. But I want to create an island with vast open areas where people can chat. Because that little space in front of the docks on DN is a little clustered. But no matter what, I would never stop trying my best to do good. I don't know if I'm the best at it but remember, it's how it is done that matters.
[Oct 24, 2005 3:20:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hunghound

Lashed’s Master Plan for Sakijima, Viridian Ocean. (2 free slots on this account)
Sakijima trembles and shakes and from there arises a volcano spewing lava (less than you’d expect). Once cooled this new mountain is hollowed out creating a cave/fortress reminiscent of the film Goonies; this will become the ruling home for Hades and the new core village known as Sakejima Center. Current shops and business will continue to exist but find themselves on the outside of the island fortress/mountain and not as easily accessible. The fortress will be a world of it own with a port entrance (replacing current one) and the shoppes primarily owned by Hades and myself. This process may take 2 to 9 months.

I, Lashed (or his alt), as governor will immediately reduce taxes by 1/3 thus allowing the shopkeepers and citizens of Sakijima to be able to afford lavish sacrificial gifts of fine clothing, potions, housing, etc. to please our Hedonic ruler. Shops filled from the sacrificial donations. This process may take 1 to 3 months.

Sakejima Center Shoppes
Dogma Temple - Palace, Gift Donation Annex & Hall of Product Placement. Yes, Hades, myself and YHHP shouldn’t be above such financial profiteering, we are pirates
Tailor Shop - Nether World’s Nether Wear
Devil Brewery - Distillery
Crossed Skulls - Iron Mongers
Skellie-T Inn - for off duty skellies. Flesh visitor are tolerated at there. But annoy skellies or challenge them too often to SF you might lose your sword, booty or some of your stats. Removing your labor badge & taking your jobs is also one of their favorite tricks. Greenies not allowed.

Fallen Angels - Rarely given honor; bestowed on those privileged few whose donations and servitude have impressed Hades and myself. Horns may be bestowed on some for consistent long term service but will be invisible under a bandana or hat.

Pit of Despair - Annoying visitors might be forced into the Pit of Despair, a complex puzzle that they have to conquered before continuing in YHHPs. Repeated offenders get harder puzzles & those trying intentionally to be ‘Pitted’ will be lost for 24 hours 1st offence, 48 hrs the 2nd , etc.

Housing -
Dante’s Inferno Upscale. Fallen Angels get Pit of Despair portal with purchase; just plank.
Brimstone Brownstones - Moderate
Lost Soul’s Y.P.C.A. (Young Pirate’s Carpentry Association) - Coffin shaped shacks.

Death’s Gate - (Hades Crew)
Flag - A second crew in Death’s Gateway Flag will be Death March and be assembled from alts of Crews and Flags throughout the Viridian Ocean. Only highest ranking and finest will be extended this offer; those who decline it ... are planked to the Pit of Despair. Anyone asking for advancement ... Pit of Despair
Death Warmed Over third crew, tournaments will determine members which MUST be full time regular players. Prizes : Positions on this crew ... Runner-ups, Pit of Despair

Long may our master Hades rule the netherworld and Sakejima Lashed’s Master Plan for Sakijima, Viridian Ocean. (2 free slots on this account)
Sakijima trembles and shakes and from there arises a volcano spewing lava (less than you’d expect). Once cooled this new mountain is hollowed out creating a cave/fortress reminiscent of the film Goonies; this will become the ruling home for Hades and the new core village known as Sakejima Center. Current shops and business will continue to exist but find themselves on the outside of the island fortress/mountain and not as easily accessible. The fortress will be a world of it own with a port entrance (replacing current one) and the shoppes primarily owned by Hades and myself. This process may take 2 to 9 months.

I, Lashed (or his alt), as governor will immediately reduce taxes by 1/3 thus allowing the shopkeepers and citizens of Sakijima to be able to afford lavish sacrificial gifts of fine clothing, potions, housing, etc. to please our Hedonic ruler. Shops filled from the sacrificial donations. This process may take 1 to 3 months.

Sakejima Center Shoppes
Dogma Temple - Palace, Gift Donation Annex & Hall of Product Placement. Yes, Hades, myself and YHHP shouldn’t be above such financial profiteering, we are pirates
Tailor Shop - Nether World’s Nether Wear
Devil Brewery - Distillery
Crossed Skulls - Iron Mongers
Skellie-T Inn - for off duty skellies. Flesh visitor are tolerated at there. But annoy skellies or challenge them too often to SF you might lose your sword, booty or some of your stats. Removing your labor badge & taking your jobs is also one of their favorite tricks. Greenies not allowed.

Fallen Angels - Rarely given honor; bestowed on those privileged few whose donations and servitude have impressed Hades and myself. Horns may be bestowed on some for consistent long term service but will be invisible under a bandana or hat.

Pit of Despair - Annoying visitors might be forced into the Pit of Despair, a complex puzzle that they have to conquered before continuing in YHHPs. Repeated offenders get harder puzzles & those trying intentionally to be ‘Pitted’ will be lost for 24 hours 1st offence, 48 hrs the 2nd , etc.

Housing -
Dante’s Inferno Upscale. Fallen Angels get Pit of Despair portal with purchase; just plank.
Brimstone Brownstones - Moderate
Lost Soul’s Y.P.C.A. (Young Pirate’s Carpentry Association) - Coffin shaped shacks.

Death’s Gate - (Hades Crew)
Flag - A second crew in Death’s Gateway Flag will be Death March and be assembled from alts of Crews and Flags throughout the Viridian Ocean. Only highest ranking and finest will be extended this offer; those who decline it ... are planked to the Pit of Despair. Anyone asking for advancement ... Pit of Despair
Death Warmed Over third crew, tournaments will determine members which MUST be full time regular players. Prizes : Positions on this crew ... Runner-ups, Pit of Despair

Long may our master Hades rule the netherworld and Sakejima
Lashed
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Hunghound at Oct 24, 2005 4:40:11 PM]
[Oct 24, 2005 4:15:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
scott_level

Jorvik the gateway to ruby from the diamond archipelago The island most visited by people coming from diamond I will help the island by

1. Hosting different types of tournaments each week with prizes ranging from 10k to 30k and/or a boat/clothing.
2. Having a contest to name a few new shops everytime one gets built.
3. Auction a couple of each type of shops everyone likes to own a shop.
4. Have one of each type of house on the island so that way I can say that everyone will have a home on Jorvik.
5. Have lots of shops so everyone can find what they want at the right price and in a time they can live with.
6. Hold contests to see who can come up with an idea to decorate any building that I think looks a bit dull.
7. I would listen to any ideas that someone has for the island and consider it with my friends on my other ch.
8. Give help to whoever I can to whatever extent I can help them to
9. Give the shop and stall owners a full tax refund for choosing Jorvik island to take a shop/stall
10. Hold a large tournament of all sorts of different events a few times a year (I might use my other character other than this one to help with some of the events).
11. I would allow other people who are holding large events to use Jorvik island for the event if they needed to.

I currently go by the name Scottl on all the oceans (usually midnight) except viridian where I am Jkettr
On Midnight I am the Captain of the crew the Final Fantasy VII the king of the flag Flaming Sheep.
On Cobalt I am a pirate of The Pillage People and a member of the flag National Pirate Radio
On Sage I am a cabin person of the crew Dark Legacy and a member of the flag Shadow Company
On Viridian I am not in a crew(I don't go on the doubloon oceans very much so that is why im not that great)
On Ice test server I am a pirate of the crew Water and a member of the flag elemental assault.
Dont double post please just edit your posts instead

scottl on the midnight ocean
FO of Orion's Blade
member of the flag cold steel
[Oct 24, 2005 5:41:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

Twiddling his thumbs, Hades hardly looked the part of the menacing Lord of the Underworld such as he was. All the pieces of eight on all the oceans was not enough for Hecubus, to tell his evil master that.

"Where the hell is Cerberus?" Hecubus thought. Hecubus was starting to fear that Hades was moments from taking his boredom out on him. His master could hardly be blamed for being bored.

When Hades set foot upon the embattled shores of Jorvik, he was looking for some action. It'd been a long time since a poor soul had been sent to Davy Jone's and the spirits haunting the ship graveyard that surrounded Jorvik were getting lonely. Hades had returned to stir up some trouble.

Instead he'd found the island all troubled out. Cerberus howled to the heavens as Hecubus announced, "Here ye citizens, yer island has become a province of the underworld! An outlet of hell! A timeshare in purgatory! So say I, in the name of the Dark Hades!"

Yet not a peep cried out in protest. Hades found the palace empty and the throne vacant. He conquered Jorvik without a single cannonball being fired. He couldn't help but be depressed.

"I... found him!" Cerberus's loud panting interrupted Hecubus's thoughts on his master's situation, "I ...arf...found the person I was to scour the depths of hell for. A person so sick and twisted that he might have some ideas that even our dark lord has yet to think up (although his total level of evil still pales in comparison to the dark Hades)"

"Good dog!" Hecubus, cheered. Hades did not take his attention away from his slowly twiddling thumbs, " But, where is he, Cerberus? Wait? Do you hear that?"

"I hear it , but where is it coming from?" said Cerberus with a quizzical look on his face as he tilted his head towards the music.

As the music played, a dark haired man in a smart suit entered the palace and slowly power-walked his way into the hall. Hecubus's jaw dropped. As the man neared the throne, it became apparent that he had a microphone in his hand.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to JORVIK!!! It's been a rough time on this island lately! That's why it's going to take a genius idea to make thing entertaining! The biggest idea to ever hit the world of Game Entertainment! And that genius is me, Vincent Kennedy PegMahohn!"

Hades rolled his eyes.

"You'd better get on with it, Vince PegMahon. Hades isn't famous for his patience," stated Hecubus,.

"That's MISTER PegMahon to you!" replied Mr. PegMahon with a crazed look on his face. Cerberus whimpered. Hades scowled.

Mr. PegMahon gulped, "All right, all right. Well I'll get on with it. The first thing we need to do to get things going here is have a good old fashioned King of the Inn!!"

Mr. PegMahon's Rules for King of the Inn wrote: 

Entrants: Teams of 4, registering well before the event.
When: 12:00 PM until the event finishes.

Teams will be randomly seeded using a random PHP generator or such. They will be placed in NCAA style brackets. Teams will fight in those brackets until the reach the final four, in which they will be reseeded, based upon the rank of the team captain. If the team captain's ranks are equal, it will be determined by the second member of the team-and so on. If teams are tied in rank they will be once again randomly seeded.

All swords will be permitted. Teams must report by 12:10 PM or be disqualified. After all fights for a round are completed, teams have 10 minutes to brawl before being disqualified. Teams playing against a disqualified or absent opponent receive a bye.

Prize: the winning team members receives a sword of their choice and a portrait together

Hades shrugged his shoulders a bit.

"Not a bad idea, Mr. PegMahon, but it needs something more." said Hecubus.

"Well that's good you want more! Because I got more! Because after the Royal Rumbrawl there will be a 120 minute IRON PIRATE blockade! It won't just be one event, it will be THREE!"

Hell in a Sloop wrote: 

Entrants: Anyone in a flag with a sloop
When: Round 1 of the Blockade

Rules: Teams enter with sloops. Flag with the highest score wins.
Penalties: Teams will lose 50 points for every War Brig that leaves the safe zone and 100 points for every War Frig.
Prize: 50 k to be divided amongst entrants

Elimination Chamber wrote: 

Entrants: Any flag
When: Round 2 of the blockade
Rules: Flags get 5 points per cutter they enter. 7 points per MB, 10 points per WB, 15 per MG, 20 per WF and 50 per GF. Flags lose points for every point they score. Points are awarded at the END of the blockade for the ships surviving in the board. Ships are encouraged to sink each other to ensure they score.
Prize: 75 k to divided amongst the entrants

Survivor Series wrote: 

Entrants: Any ship
When: Round 3 of the blockade
Rules: The evil PegMahon will board the largest ship he can staff-with jobbers he is paying 1k a round to. People will try to sink the ship. The ship that sinks the boss wins! In event of two (or more) ships dealing the death blow, the prize will be divided amongst the winners.
Prize: 50 k to be divided amongst the winning ship(s)

"And that's not all!" cried Mr. PegMahon, "the blockade will be SINKING!! Not only that, but it will be set to conclude during THE WITCHING HOUR!"

Cerberus yelped.

"You mean..."

"Yes, the blockade will start at 12:00 am Pacific Time!"

Hades sat up in his seat a bit.

Hecubus, interrupted, "Hold on, hold on. We don't want to lose the island just yet."

"Then trick one of those foolish oceanmasters into dropping the chest on the island. They can get away with whatever they want, those dirty jerks! Then when the try to come to show up to the blockade, someone will knock the referee out and they will be unable to figure out how to compete!"

Hades seemed to agree with that statement.

"And that's not all! There will be ONE MORE pay per view event!"

Royal Rumball wrote: 

Entrants: As the other events occur there will be eight drinking tournaments with various stipulations at various times (with insignificant prizes). The winners will qualify for the main tournament.
When: After the other events.
Rules:

The first round of the drinking tournament will be a massive eight player drinking game (with mugs of their choice).

The top four qualifiers (seeded with 1 vs. 4, 2 vs. 3) shall meet each other in in a 3000 PoE match with mugs of their choice. The two winners will face each other in a "classic" drinking match for the final prize.

Prize: the winning pirate receives a crown (or tiara) in the color of his choice. If they cannot wear a crown they may trade down for another type of hat.

Hades seemed intrigued but hesitant.

"I bring you these wonderful ideas like I've brought so many wonderful ideas to the YPP! I am the GENETIC JACKHAMMER, a billionaire and a genius! My ideas will bring you hours and hours of entertainment Hades! I made Stone Cold Steve Arrstin, I created Hookamania!"

Just then, more music started playing-an electric guitar echoed through the hall and Mr. PegMahon dived behind Hades throne. He couldn't believe he was here!

Cerberus lost it, "It's Hogan! Hogan's Here! It's Hook Hogan! Hook Hogan!"

Hook Hogan pointed at Mr. PegMahon as he headed towards the throne. He grabbed the mic and cried, "Well let me tell you something Mean Gene! Vince PegMahon didn't create Hookamania, brother, the people created Hookamania, brother! That's who I'm here for, brother, the people!"

There were no other people in the palace who actually were alive. This did not seem to phase Hook Hogan.

"Vince PegMahon, I'm calling you out brother. The gauntlet's dropped brother! Now whatcha gonna do, when Hookamania and his war brig runs wild on you!"

Vince poked his head from behind the throne to yell, "Get him out of here! Get him out of here! This is my palace! Get him out of my palace!"

Hecubus was shocked. Hades looked at Mr. PegMahon disapprovingly.

"I...I mean his palace! His palace! Get him out of the palace!"

Hades nonchalantly motioned towards Hook Hogan. Skellies arose from the dust to drag Hook Hogan out of the palace.

When he was secured in their grasp, Mr. PegMahon leapt from behind the throne and started to shout in Hook Hogan's face, "I made you! Dammit I made you! And I can unmake you! You and me in the biggest ships we can field. PvP in the Main Event!

Main Event of Jorvikmania wrote: 

Entrants: All are welcome to job for either PegMahon or Hook Hogan as they desire.
When: at the close of the events.
Rule The two egomaniacs will PvP in the largest ships the side can muster. Hook Hogan will be a very special guest naver.
Prize: Winning side gets 50 k in their booty. Losing gets 20 k

Outside Hook Hogan could be heard Hooking up and big booting and leg dropping hundreds of skullies.

Vince once more grabbed the mic and began to speak, "Ladies and gentlemen, this event will be the greatest Jorvikmania ever! There will be swordfighting, there will be drinking, there will be PvP and there will be a blockade! And it will only be available in person! This will be the greatest night ever in the Game Entertainment industry!"

And Hades nodded in agreement.
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Rick9109 at Oct 24, 2005 7:01:13 PM]
[Oct 24, 2005 6:55:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
Prosperity

Cobalt - Charun (Prosperity)

Ahoy mates! I'm Charun on the Cobalt Ocean. When Cobalt opened on February the 16th I was one of the first players to join up with the eager pirates looking to settle here; I've played on this ocean ever since, and have watched the islands grow and prosper. Times have not been kind to Sakejima: the slowest of the original three, developer owned islands, it is now the fourth largest. I, Charun, am here to turn Sakejima into the metropolis of the Cobalt Ocean. With my three chosen helpers, Ixxion, Tantalus, and Sisyphus, I will govern Sakejima and turn it into the place to be.

As I stated above, Sakejima is one of the more desolate, large islands. Kirin Island has already surpassed Sakejima in size and population. The economy is slow and not moving anywhere. Basically, there is no activity in or anywhere around the island. I have a goal and plan to fix this. As governor of Sakejima Island I will build 2 types of housing every month for the first 3 months. I will be hosting daily activities including huge, monthly events. To jazz up the island we will be applying themes to the island and events including the seven rulers of hell and 7 circles of hell. Names will be suggested by Cobalters. Increased activity on and around the island will result in economic benefits.

One of the main reasons Sakejima isn't as popular as the other large islands is because of its economy. The economy is slower and smaller than that of the original three and now Kirin. To keep drawing eager stall owners I will keep taxes at a maximum 5%. I will be maintaining helpful links in the bazaars and market to give tips to the newer stall owners. Advertising will be available in the bazaars for a minimal fee. To encourage people to open stalls on Sakejima Island I will refund the start-up cost the palace receives from the start-up fee. Sakejima does not have a great location for the economy. Being in the corner of the ocean, merchants aren't as common. To increase trade to Sakejima I will be holding week-long events. Merchants will have the option of selling basic commodities to the palace during the week. Depending on the number of commodities they sell to the palace they will earn a prize. The palace will always have basic commodities available for shop and stall owners to buy from. Some commodities will be used for building housing and upgrading buildings.

Communications is an important aspect of almost all areas in life and in Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates. As I said in the first paragraph, I will be choosing three minions to help carry out my plan. Having these three minions will increase communication between myself and the Sakejima population. I will be online as much as possible and try to always be available when online to help out and answer questions. Town meetings will take place every other week to discuss things like naming and for getting feedback from the population. All are welcome to come and share their opinions, complaints, and compliments.

Sakejima Island needs something special to increase its activity. Therefore, I will be holding daily events and activities to draw citizens to Sakejima. I will be hosting daily tournaments and other, fun competitions. Every week there will be an event of some sort with many prizes. My events are not ordinary events; these events are geared towards anyone winning. The "elite" players have an equal chance to the newer players so there is fun for all. Not only will we have these enjoyable activities but we will be applying a theme to everything. Every event will have an underworld theme, plot, and/or background story to it to increase the enjoyment of everyone and to honor our Lord Hades.

That's not all that will be happening during my reign. Every month I will be giving away a shoppe and the inn during one of the months, as prizes! The bank will be for sale for anyone who wants advertising or just to have their name on a building. We'll be auctioning off three shoppes to earn money for all these huge prizes and fun events too! There will be naming competitions, races, blockades, fashion shows, and even economic based events! The bazaars on the island will be named after the 7 circles of hell and some main rulers from the underworld, housing will be named to honor Hades, and the other buildings will have a similar theme too.

Get ready to have a good time with Charun, Hades, and all us demons as we rejuvenate Sakejima! Feel free to PM Charun on the forums or contact me in-game. I'm free to answer any questions you may have about my plan for Sakejima Island.

Here's an example of what my plan will include. This is Month 1's agenda.

Week One

Monday: SF Tourney
Tuesday: Plank-Off
Wednesday: Drinking Tourney
Thursday: Hearts Tourney
Friday: TD Tourney
Saturday: Shoppe Auction
Sunday: Cleanse the Island - Defeat Hades's Guards
Monday - Sunday Sugar Cane Harvest Competition

Week Two

Monday: Drinking Tourney
Tuesday: Treasure Ship
Wednesday: TD Tourney
Thursday: Spades Tourney
Friday: SF Tourney
Saturday: Fashion and Lust (Themed Fashion Show)
Sunday: Community Meeting
Monday - Sunday Stone Harvest Competition

Week Three

Monday: TD Tourney
Tuesday: PvP Tournament
Wednesday: SF Tourney
Thursday: Hearts Tourney
Friday: Drinking Tourney
Saturday: Sloop Race
Sunday: TD-SF-Drinking Tourney (1 Tourney with 3 puzzles)
Monday-Sunday Wood Harvest Competition

Week Four

Monday: SF Tourney
Tuesday: 6 Hour Brig/Frig Pillage
Wednesday: Drinking Tourney
Thursday: Spades Tourney
Friday: TD Tourney
Saturday: 2-Person Sloop Race Crimson-Sakejima. Shoppe, Grand Frig, Frig, PoE, and much, much more.
Sunday: Community Meeting
Monday-Sunday Iron Harvest Competition

This is the basic outline of Month 1. Many more details to come if I am chosen as governer. Thank you mates.

(Edited for grammar and presentation.)
Obsidian: Inglorious Basterds, Guerrilla Warfare
CFO, Nonsensical Nudity Inc.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Prosperity at Oct 24, 2005 9:13:10 PM]
[Oct 24, 2005 7:20:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Indeed

Who Wants to be Hades' Governor? Contest Entries Reply to this Post

Indeed, Midnight

A govornor should be showered in worship and adoration by her loyal subjects, in addition to gold and jewels.

Which is why, as governor, i will set taxes at 100.

Taxes will be refunded to those who manage to delight me in some way. The amount of the refund will be directly proportional to the amount of delight issued.

For example, loyal and adoring subject A writes "Indeed is the Greatest Governor of all time!" in his shop news; he shall receive less than loyal and adoring subject B, who wrote an epic poem about my greatness. A loyal and adoring subject should not expect that the same act of worship will delight me in the same amount week after week.

Building things seems a lot like effort, so i'll skip that, unless something shiney distracts me.

All taxes earned will go towards tourneys and events and whatever frivolity i happen to fancy at the moment.
Dmentia says, "It thrills me when Indeed is mean."
SomeIdiot tells you, "I am muting you, because you're unnormal, maybe you're hurt in real life"
Quoth Rubby, "There's something wrong with your brain."

[Oct 24, 2005 8:07:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.goonbunnies.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
CtailMonkey

(Souse stumbles in from stage left, carrying an overflowing tankard and waving a cocktail napkin with the number ‘183’ circled in red.)

So I’s out at me fav’rite pub, Sloppy’s the other night, and the place was dead. Empty, I tell you. ‘Cept for a couple o’ shady lookin’ blokes and this cute little number named Ariadne…y’know, for a feisty gal, she sure don’t say much, but eh- that’s a story for another time. Anyhow, in walks me good buddy Mer. “Mer,” says I. “What’s goin’ on with this place? It used to be packed with old salts and greenhorns alike – all carousin’ and gamblin’ and carryin’ on and such. What happened?”

She sighed. “It’s changed, that’s for sure. Some think it’s due to new land being settled elsewhere…but I heard everyone’s just plain terrified of the governor. Some say it’s like the devil himself rules the place. And now, well – he’s to appoint a new governor. And folks are a bit frightened as to who – or what, might take his place.”

“Ye’ve got to be kiddin’, lass. That ain’t a reason to quit comin’ out o’ their shacks! Nor carousin’! Why, folks’d be much more relaxed with a few drinks in ‘em.”

“Well, maybe they don’t like drinking anymore, Souse. Since the end of June, folks have been grumbling about their rum tasting funny – you’d think someone came up with a whole new batch of the drink the way they carry on.”

So I says, “But this is Sakejima! Plastered Plots! Hammered Steel! Heck, the market’s even known as the Wine Cabinet – how could anyone visit this island without headin’ straight to the inn for a round or two? And whoever heard of a pirate that didn’t like drinkin’? Breaks my heart, it does. Why, there’s how many different games now? There’s got to be somethin’ for everyone – let’s see…there be classic, and standard…all them new mugs…and the different ways o’ keepin’ score…and the cups…and the colors…those lime ones sure are tasty…why that’s at least 183 different ways to play!”

“Well gee, Souse. Why don’t you just go on and show your fancy math to his excellency, then. See if he thinks we can boost tourism and make Sakejima the happiest, sloshiest island in Cobalt by offering up 180-some odd different drinks. Maybe he’ll make you governor, then.”

So, um – here I be. Souse at yer service, yer lordship. Rum? Spiced? Yes, please – I mean, of course. Let me get that for you. I do think the place could stand a bit o’ cheer, sir. So what I’d like to do – with yer permission, o' course – is play through all the drinking games. Each and every one of ‘em. At 183 different ways to play, I could run a tournament every day for six months! Aye, six months, yer lordship! And think of how Sakejima’d go down in the history books for that! That’d be something – and to think, that number doesn’t even count the standard tourney options. We’d need some prizes of course. So what I’d like to do is sell off a tiny bit o’ land – just enough for a shoppe or two, so we could at least throw a couple grand into the pot for each and ev’ry tournament. Oh I’ll post schedules and mix up the times so everyone can play at some point…s'long as they come over to the Inn! I’d make sure those shops adhered to the alcoholic namin’ scheme we’ve got going here, for sure. Refresh yer drink, sir? I think we’d fetch more if we let folks choose what type o’ shoppe they wanted…but we really need a distillery first…don’t you think? So maybe one of each. And the money we’d make from their sale should cover tournament prizes as well as a mug rack and all o’ them mugs…just so we can do each and every one of ‘em up proper. 6 months o’ drinking. It’s goin’ to be unlike anything any ocean’s ever seen, I tell you! I’ll probably throw a bonus prize in every now and then, just to keep folks on their toes…Oh –and I’d like to put a bit more in the pot on Mondays & Fridays – y’know, to encourage the new folk to make the lovely Sakejima their home.

What? That’s not enough? Ye think I’m a one trick pony? Oh no. Not at all. I’ve got schemes for other events…I’ve got to keep ‘em under wraps for now, so’s not to spoil anything – but I ‘ve got this one, where we can do some mythbusting and test out that story ‘bout the cook o’ the Titanic…y’know, the fellow that drank so much brandy that his blood alcohol worked like antifreeze to keep him from freezin’ to death in the icy waters? And this other one…man. What a doozy of a sloop race…this one’s not so much about bein’ the fastest…nor the slowest…I can't give away much more just yet, but ye’ll want to pack yer blenders for mixin’ drinks along the way. Ye’ll see. Let me top off yer drink there, yer excellency. And surely we need some good drinkin’ songs what with 6 months o’ non-stop drinkin’, so we’ll be havin’ a contest for that too.

Y’know, with all this drinking – folks could use a bit more housing to stumble home to. Seems there’s a shortage o’ cheap housing on Cobalt. I think Sakejima is just the place for some bungalows. Maybe some cabins too. I wouldn’t mind sprucin’ up the island a bit, neither. If I can get Nemo drunk enough, I might be able to pry that Inn deed from his fingers long enough to upgrade the place. This might take a bit o’ cash, what with the tournament and other event prizes we’ll need…my hope is to keep the tax slider at 0%, so I’ll set the palace up to trade in fruity mixers. Makes the rum go down easier, no? Speakin’ o which – can I pour ye another? If I do end up needin' a bit o' extra cash, I'll give plenty o' notice afore playin' with the slider...and I wouldn't ever want to push it above 5%. I’ll also be settin’ up a piggy bank at the palace for folks to drop cash into…All they'll have to do is just buy the extra-special swill…y’know, for the piggy! Mebbe we’ll get us one o’ those too…I’ll see what I can do, and I would do everything I can – believe me, but I just don’t know that they’ve figured out how to get those critters o’er to Cobalt yet, so no guarantees.

So c’mon Hades – how can ye lose? 183 different drinkin’ tournaments? Every day for 6 months? I’ll just pour us another round while ye think it over…

-------
Entry for Souse (aka: Mer) on the magnificent Cobalt ocean
[Oct 24, 2005 8:44:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
FerdtheGREAT

Sakejima (Cobalt Ocean) Intent for Term of Governacy Reply to this Post

Main Pirate: Ferdnand
Governor Pirate: Lollonais
Ocean Cobalt

After much deliberation of what would be good for the island, interviewing citizens, and working and re-working the draft, I would like to present ye the Sakejima Intent for Term of Governacy authored by Lollonais.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sakejima Intent for Term of Governacy

I. Island Development
A. Taxes
i. Taxes will be raised to 8% to fund the development of the island and the tournaments that will be held.
ii. As palace coffers increase the taxes will be lowered to the perment rate of 3%.
B. Housing
i. New housing will be built to produce income and entice new mates to the wonderful lands of Sakejima.
ii. The housing units to be built are a Cabin, Cottage, Townhouse, Villia, and an Estate.
iii. The pre-existing shack on the island will be used to provide free housing to new and poor pirates.
C. Building and Shoppe Development
i. The first two buildings to be built will be a Distllery and an Apothecaries to use the natural resources of the island. Next will be an iron monger, so along with the distllry it should make compititon in the markets and make pillaging cheaper.
a. All three will be player owned.
ii. All newly contructed buildings will be shoppes not bazaars. (Bazaar=shoppe with stalls)
iii. All new shoppes will be player owned.
a. Owners will be determined by Auction.
iv. Breakdown of number of buildings after plan is completed:
a. One of each be on the island: Inn, Market, Palace, Bank, and Real-Estate Agent.
b. Two of the following will be on the island: Weavery, Tailor. Shipwright, and Furnisher. (One of each will be player owned)
c. Three of the following will be on the island: Iron Monger, Distllry, and Apothecaries. (Two of each will be player owned)
D. Building Upgrades
i. The Market and Palace will be upgraded.

II. Island Polotics
A. Island Cabinet
i. A cabinet of advisors will be created to advise the governor.
a. The cabinet will be headed by the Island Advisor.
b. Cabinet postions include: Island Advisor, Tornament Director.
c. Posotions will/can be created at the will of the governor.
d. The pirates who hold the postion will be chosen by the governor (probaly by an interview process) and will be confirmed by the current members of the Cabinet.
B. Island Meetings
i. Every two weeks an Island Meeting will be held at the Palace in the throne room.*
ii.The Island Meeting will be used to discuss plans for the island, vote on island issues, and for citizens to comment, express concern, or ask questions about the govenor.
iii. Island Meetings will be text logged and posted on the forums (See below)

III. Recreation and Tournaments
A. Tournaments
i. Palor tournaments (Swordfighting and Drinking) will be held weekly and be local only.
ii. The tournaments will rotate weekly. (This means the tournaments will rotate from being at a time good for Americans, to a time good for the British, to a time good for Australians. And will rotate from swordfighting to drinking to swordfighting, etc.
iii. Prizes are yet to be determined, but will probaly be at least 5k with a small entry fee.
B. Special Tournaments
i. Special tournaments will be held once a month.
ii. Special tournaments include: Sloop Race, Race Around the Island, Find the Turtle (or object), etc.
iii. Prizes are yet to be determined.
C. Weddings
i. Weddings are encouraged to be held in the Throne Room.*
ii. The bride and groom will be able to decorate the throne room as they wish.*
iii. The newlyweds will also recieve a special gift form the governor, should there wedding be held in the Throne Room.*
D. Parties
i. The Throne room will be able to be rented to be used for a party.*
ii. The throne Room will be decorated as the Host wishes.*
iii. All game tables will be added to the Throne Room for party purposes.*
E. Muesumn
i. After the palace is upgraded, a room of the balcony upstairs will be used as a meusmn. Trinkets, paintings, things from the Om's will be placed there.

IV. Notice Board
A. Advirtisments
i. Advirtisement space will be available on the notice board, in the Inn news, and in the Palace news.
ii. Rates for advirtisements have yet to be determined.
B. Communication
i. The notice board will be the primary day-to-day means of communication between the Govenor and the citizens of Sakejima.
ii. On the notice board all schudelued Island Meetings, Parties, Weddings, Auctions, Tournaments, etc. will be posted.

V. Forum
i. I will talk to the OM's and try to get them to make a Island Forum section on the forum page of Y!PP web site.
ii. If that is not an option I will create a postion on the cabinet called, Forum Manager, and they will create and maintain our forum.

*- After the palace is upgraded the Throne Room will be to small, so all events that were supposed to be held in the Throne Room will be held on the 2nd floor balcony.

Signed,
Lollonais

- Sorry, I wasn't able to post me island layout. But trust me I think ye would be impressed.-
Ferdnand
[Edit 1 times, last edit by FerdtheGREAT at Oct 24, 2005 9:22:15 PM]
[Oct 24, 2005 9:19:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rnchairman@yahoo.com    jus24tin [Link]  Go to top 
kirklund

A Plan for Governing Sakejima Island on the Cobalt Ocean

(Note: this is a transcript of a conversation from earlier today at Sloppy’s Speak Easy on Sakejima Island)

Ahoy mate, sit down and let me buy ye a drink. I am the pirate, Jumpinjak. Ye can call me Jak. Not long ago I immigrated from the Midnight Ocean to pillage and plunder the Cobalt Ocean, and I have a plan fer governing Sakejima Island. Wanna hear it? Here it goes…

1) Zero (0%) Tax Rate: As governor taxes will stay at Zero (0%). As ye know, a tax rate set at zero promotes business and trade. A zero tax rate is good fer shop and stall-keepers, who are selling us pirates the rum, cannon balls, ships, snappy clothes and other supplies we want at good prices. Can ye see where me thoughts are goin’? Merchants sail to Sakejima with cargoes of goods fer the shop keepers, all those merchants make fer good pillaging so we can buy more rum, cannon balls, ships and fancy clothes with the booty, the shopkeepers work on more neat stuff to sell and the merchants keep sailing in, it goes on and on getting better and better fer all of us mates…

2) Finance: Yer a sharp one to ask “Where does the poe fer the Palace coffers come from?” I swear on me honor as a pirate (Jak places hand on chest and grins), the palace coffers will not be filled with taxes by taking yer hard earned poe. At first I will use my own poe. Arrrgh! I canna believe me ears. My own poe? Ye must be thinking, “‘ol Jak has gone stark raving mad.” Aye, thar’s a fine line between genius and madness and I sailed right over that one long ago. Trust ‘ol Jak, I don’t require much - I got me a ship, me trusty backsword is here to stay, I look sharp in rags and me formal clothes already be waitin’ in me wardrobe. What ‘ol Jak wants is good pillaging, and to keep soloing me cutter on pillage and supply runs. Of course what’s in the palace coffers and financial support from Hades and the Death’s Gate crew will put to good use. I say this expectin’ that there is probably little or nuthin’ in the Jook Joint coffers. To help bank roll the first parts of me plans, one Shipwright Shop will be built and the deed sold. Later, a second Shipwright Shop will be built, and when the time comes we’ll build and sell the deed to a Consignment shop or bazaar to pay for new projects and construction.

3) Palace: The Jook Joint could use an upgrade along with more gaming tables. Imagine the fun we’d have making the Jook Joint available fer a small fee to Flags, Crews and Businesses on Sakejima fer parties and competitions. Back when I was a wee lil pirate I remember a wedding at this one island with a Casino – I tell ye if I could find me way back I’d set sail right away. But that makes me point: The upgraded palace will make a fine place to rent out fer weddings and parties. I tell ye, Jak had so much fun there in that Casino, dancing, drinking Tequila and something called Harvey Wallbanger that to this day it’s still foggy how I got shanghai’d and taken away. (Jak orders another round of rum for the both of ye) Over the years I’ve learned a bit, including the secret of Harvey Walbanger, there’s orange tree saplings aboard me ship an’ I believe there’s already Agave cactus growing on the west side of Sakejima. Yarrr, belay me distilling modification plans fer later! Let’s have some more of that fine Sakejima rum mate.

4) Economy: I envision a economy based on rum and pillaging. (Jak studies the bottom of the glass of rum and frequently sees many things when drinking) Bazaars, especially distilleries and ironmongeries are very important in this plan. We want merchants loaded with iron, minerals, herbs and hemp from all over the arch to come to Sakejima and supply our shopkeepers, then buy Sakejima Wood, Sugar Cane, Iris Root and Cubanite. The island already supplies the Wood and Sugar Cane fer our Ship Builders, Distilleries, Iron Mongers and Furnishers. Did ye know? As far as I’ve heard, Sakejima be the only source of Iris Root and Cubanite in the Jade Arch and all of the Cobalt Ocean. That thar makes fer what’s called a monopoly. More ships sailing to and from Sakejima arrr good for business if ye know what I mean. (Jak winks slyly).

5) Attracting New Businesses: Zero taxes and a thriving economy make fer good business. Bazaars can supply us with most everything we need at good prices, except fer Frigates and Galleons. Fer the big ships we need a Shipwright Shop or two. Right off, a Shipwright Shop will be built and sold. Two Shipwright Shop’s would be better, cuz competition is a good thing. Soon, pirates will be comin’ from all over the Jade Arch to buy ships because the best deals are to be found at Sakejima island. We’ve got the wood, the labor and bazaars to support making the big ships.

6) Attracting New Citizens, Crews and Flags: Can ye tell me why ye wouldn’t want to live where prices are low, pillaging is good, fine rum is cheap and there be no taxes? ‘Nuf said.

7) Resource Management: Ye’ve paid attention this far? Aye, Sakejima Island has Wood and Sugar Cane. Fer a free drink can ye tell ‘ol Jak where’s the only place ye can get Cubanite and Iris Root? (Jak slides a big goblet of fine Sakejima rum to ye to aid yer thinking) Ye say Sakejima – Aye yer a sharp one! Me thinks thar may be a place fer ye at the Jook Joint helping ‘ol Jak buying some of that Cubanite and Iris Root when prices are low and later selling them to visiting merchants at a mark up. Yarr, come to think of it, the Jook Joint should be buying most comods at good prices and selling them fer a little profit to promote trade.

8) Import & Export of Commodities: I’m not one to beat a dead horse, so we’ll make this a short recap. Sakejima businesses rely on importing Iron, Hemp, minerals and herbs. Wood, Sugar Cane, Cubanite, Iris Root, ships, finished goods and fine Sakejima rum will be exported.

9) Controlled Growth and Building Plan: I like open space, trees and beaches. In general I detest overdeveloped and overbuilt islands. While I am Governor 2 Shipbuilding Shops, a Bungalow, a Villa and possibly a Consignment shop/bazaar are planned for construction. The shipbuilding shops will be located on the south-east side of the island at the end of Rum Street. After completion of all phases of this plan I am in favor of planting trees and garden areas using funds from the Jook Joint coffers (estimated 10,000 poe/charm item) on the west side of the island.

10) Shipwright Shops: The plan is to build 2 shipwright shops on the south-east side of the island along the beach. What do ye think of the names Cutty Sark Cutters and Ship ‘n a Bottle?

11) Housing: My plan is to own one of each house on Sakejima Island, then furnish the house and make it open to anyone as what those young pirates are callin’ a model home. Yer sharp enough to see how Sakejima Furnishing, Apothecary, Weavery, and Distilling stalls all stand to profit with Pirates purchasing houses on the island. The House that Jack Built is a fine place fer a pirate to rest between pillaging, gaming and drinking. In fact, I already have a shack there. Fer pirates who want more than a shack, the plan is to first build Bungalows on the east side of the island. Right now I have to choose between 2 plots fer what I’m calling the Beer Garden Bungalows: one is east of the Lily Pond and the other along the beach over by the Apothecary Bazaar. Me thinks a 3 room Bungalow with a private garden fer 5,000 poe be a bargain, and fer the time being ye can get them only on Sakejima Island. (Jak imagines sitting on the beach in front of a Bungalow sipping rum drinks with a little umbrella in em…) Later, fer pirates of means and Hades, the plan is to build Vintage Villas on the west side of the pond in the middle of the island. Have ye seen inside a Villa? Villas are very nice, would make a fine place to hold parties, even has a garden with it’s own pond – I’ve heard Hades wife Persephone loves gardens. (Jak ponders how to persuade Hades to make him one of the 4 room mates so he can throw parties)

12) Competitions: Unless there is a blockade or conflict with another Cobalt event, the plan is to have one Grand Event each month on either the first or second weekend. One competition will be called Persephone’s Better Homes and Gardens where yer Bungalow or Villa garden will be judged by Hades, ‘ol Jak and last months winner. Of course in order to enter the Gardens competition ye must have a house on Sakejima and more than likely have bought a lot from the local furnisher stalls. Thar will also be a pairs sloop race from rotating start locations of Lima, Olive, Dragon’s Nest or Kirin Island to Sakejima Island. To win the sloop race ye must sail a load of a specified quantity and type of commodity like iron or hemp and be the first to sell it to the Sakejima Palace. (Jak smiles thinking of yet another way to profit from the commodities being sold to the Palace) Thar will also be a Hide and Seek competition held on the Island. (Jak thinks fondly of how pigs can be used to find hidden pirates). Did I mention, that the Jook Joint will be made available to local businesses, Flags and Crews for holding their own competitions and special events so something fun could be happenin’ on Sakejima most every day?

13) Competition Prizes: The plan is to offer prizes purchased or donated from Sakejima businesses, perhaps a Shack or Bungalow, and offering (with Hades approval) cool grand prizes like painted and named sloops, trinkets, familiars….

14) Blockades: Aye, I like blockades. I like em a lot, especially sinking ones. Do ye like eyepatches, hooks and peglegs mate? Sorry mate, I digress again. As Governor, I welcome blockades, especially if the governance of Sakejima is not at stake. Would make fer a great practice blockade spot. We could call it the Sakejima Maritime War College. (Jak wishes he’d gone to college) (Jak sips from rum then makes a note to check on the size of Death’s Gate fleet before making further blockade plans).

15) Navy: Any decent island’s got to have a navy. At least a cutter fer training purposes, and a Merchant Brig fer missions. Do ye look good in pink? Pink’s not me color. I once had a employee at a tailor shop sell me “salmon” colored britches, she told me I looked great in em, it turned out ok cuz I lost em fightin skellies. I digress, back to the plan. Early on I’ll propose to Hades that the Sakejima colors be changed to white, gold, navy blue or even black (lol). Probably lots of mates be interested in picking up sharp looking uniforms sailing fer the Sakejima Navy in a color besides pink.

16) 3 Pigs: Long ago a mate named BrickTop gave me some advice, I must paraphrase because I was drinkin at the time – “Never mess with a mate who raises pigs.” Turns out ‘ol BrickTop was right, but I’ll leave the explanation fer later after saying pigs are smart and make good judges of people. Of course we’ll have to buy at least two to get started, preferably 3. I’m told that after Charon the Boatman takes ye across the river there are three judges down in the Underworld named Rhadmanthus, Minos and Aeacus – those would make fine names fer pigs and add a touch of home fer Hades – Don’t ye think? Who knows, perhaps they’ll breed. Did I mention my daughter wants a pig? (Jak laughs)

Barkeep I’m buying another round fer the house before I go campaigning, pass the rum mate. Get a move on, I’ve got babies to shake and hands to kiss…

Jumpinjak
Scapegoat of the Cobalt Sea Monkees
[Oct 24, 2005 9:39:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ms_national

Governor of Jorvik – Midnight Ocean

Since I am on YPP most of the time I would make a perfect governor for everyone, in every time zone. None of us has all the answers, but together as an island we are strong. This is a very straight-forward business plan with no fancy wording. I will listen to all advice and we will have at least monthly meetings in the palace for input from our citizens.

Jorvik is a hub of activity for many pillages and pirates. I would only raise what we offer making it a more profitable market for our shops and stalls, whilst bringing in more pirates and pillagers. We as an island will band together – making us the best island in the midnight ocean.

My goal as governor is to make Jorvik more devilish, enticing and entertaining. We want Hades vacation home to be a place he loves to visit, while being pirate friendly and approachable. This will be accomplished by implementing a 7-part plan of action which will include the following.

1st – I would make an advisory board that helps in decision making, with me having the final say. But with a governing body our citizens would have more than 1 person they could contact if needed. The advisors would represent some from our current flags that make Jorvik their home. As additional flags are added, then we can discuss adding one of theirs to the advisory body.

2nd - I would rename the bank making it the Epic Center of Jorvik, where merchants and pirates alike can give toward our bi-monthly contests. These contests will be local, but may include other places in the Ruby Arch for events such as a scavenger-hunt. We will include all who have contributed that month on the new page with whoever gives the most (pirate, crew or flag) being placed highest and then going down the same way. If funding permits we will switch to monthly events with the bi-monthly events being larger and once a month have a huge contest. Prizes for these contests will be purchased from the different Jorvik merchants once again stimulating our economy. Every quarter (OM permitting) we will run some sort of familiar contest.

3rd – If possible we will make commodities for Jorvik bringing in additional income. Since I know we grow cowslip, I think it would be great to have a few friendly cows to welcome our pirate’s home.

4th – To stimulate the economy I would increase our sales tax to only 2%. This slight increase will go into funding our bi-monthly events, as well as help people who are willing and open to open stalls. I would implement possible loans for those that show good business sense to open stalls (similar to what we have on ice).

5th – Our island needs sprucing up. This would not only include revamping where shops are placed, but also adding a courtyard with flowers that could be rented out for weddings and the like. I would refurbish the current housing making it more appealing, whilst adding additional housing. Each housing area would have an open garden area for entrance for those weary travelers who we hope to woo to our beautiful island.

6th – Just looking at a picture of Jorvik as it currently is you can see that we desperately need a building make-over. We currently have only 1 inn for all the residents to gather at. We have 6 tailors; 5 Iron Mongers; 6 Shipyards; 5 Distilleries; 6 Weaveries; 4 Apothecaries; 1 Furnisher; 3 types of Housing and 1 Real-Estate. This is not a profitable way to run an island. We need more even numbers. I would not take away any of the current shops, simply because these merchants have spent time and money to run them. But I would limit to building of new shops to a maximum of 4 of each kind. My plan includes opening at least 2 additional Furnishing shops, an additional Inn and having at least 1 type of each housing available for pirates of all ranks, privilege and status

7th – I would keep Jorvik non-blockadable. I would allow people to practice blockade, but not for taking over the island.

Submitted by Msnational – Fleet Officer of the crew Wyvern’s Pride
[Oct 24, 2005 10:57:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
scuz3d

It was another hard stormy night; you know the ones, when only the fearless and the drunks take to the streets. Naturally I was on my way to the inn. As the door opened the usual greetings and grunts ensued.

"What'll it be?" growls the bartender, looking little better then his patrons. Trying not to stare at his face I order a pint 'o rum. Twas only the second sip before I could feel myself relax; it was to be another uneventful night.

Another pint; The atmosphere was relaxing. Another day, another night, rinse and repeat...
As I began ter nod off, a cold draft brought me back. The door was open; someone was walking in; why wont they close the door. Looking up from my spirits I see the old sea salt struggling inward. He was babbling something, what? Moving closer I hear him babble something about the dark lord and a ship.

"Take a seat ya' salt, drink's on me" trying to get him to settle down. Many a good pillage has come from his advice, t'was the least i could do.

"Ther be n' time lad, the dark lord, Hades himself, he's here." he spouts desperately.

Another one of his dreams no doubt, the poor ol' guy. Lost an arm and a leg to "the black ship". His ship ran into a storm, none but him came back alive. Never been much in the head since then.

After a few drinks he seems to be calming, "Ye must go down ther an see; the ship, its in the harbor"

Trying to reassure the man I promise to take a look. What could it hurt it hurt to step outside? T'was a short walk around the corner and ye could see the docks. Out the door and holding my hat I round the corner;

Me jaw couldn't drop any lower. There she was, the legend black ship. Sails full a holes and the jolly roger flailing in the wind proudly. No sooner had I blinked then a procession disembarked. Soon enough the dock 'twas a sea of skellies, with a break in the middle. I scrambled to the side as they passed, catching my first look at the new ruler. Hades... had taken over... for what reason? Why our backwater island?

I made my way to the palace, hoping for some information. Oh did I get me some. The skellies had taken care of the sleeping Ringers with ease, with Hades upon the thrown they had a post ready and waiting for those interested.

Inhabitants
of
Sakejima

Greetings from your new rulers, Lord Hades and Governor Cerberus. The great Hades has decided to take the island under his control for his vacation, leaving his aide Cerberus to keep it fruitful. Changes upon the government are as followed

1. Tribute - A tribute of 5% shall be placed upon all businesses of their profit per sale and rent due. This is to fund our lord Hades in what he shall see fit.
2. Entertainment - To keep the populace happy we shall hold many a tournaments of skill with generous prizes. Please inspect the sheet below for more information.

We of the Lord Hades hope this shall be an interest experience for all.

Lord Hades Governor Cerberus
Lord Hades Governor Cerberus

Tournament Schedule

A tournament of spirits holding shall commence upon the Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of alternating week. Times shall vary, check the palace for the current week's time and day. Prizes shall include miscellaneous drinking utensils and .
Upon the Saturday of every third week a grand drinking tournament shall ensue. Prizes shall include 1 sloop stocked with a random count of rum between 300 and 800. To support this endeavor the Palace shall begin buying rum at 49 pieces of eight.
Along with the regularly scheduled tournaments, sporadic others shall ensue. The when and what of these competitions shall be at his lordship's discretion.

We hope you shall enjoy our competitions as much as we will.

Rereading it i finally understood the vastness of the change. While the thought of being ruled by such an important figure frightened me, the thought of the competitions exited me. Making my way back to the inn, I brought the news. The salt was already out cold, and the bartender couldn't care otherwise. I would have to wait to talk with the rest of me mates in the morning. The future would hold a regular schedule no more.

~~~Notes!~~~

So ya, pretty much my ideas go as planned with the story-ness. A few changes though that I simply put in for plot value and other small bits for clearing up.

The part at the beginning with the blackship is not needed, as I know it is impossible for mortals to be whisked upon the ship itself. One part im wondering though is if the color of the scene can be changed manually? Possibly giving Sakejima a gray tint?

The governor name I was hoping to take is Cerberus, for the connections with Hades. Doing a quick /who shows an unused character last logged in to in Febuary. I'm guessing it be reserved for an OM or special occasion such as this. If it is not usable though I can come up with another name :)

The tax would be initially set at 5% but would be subject to change depending on if it could support the load of tournies. If OM's can whisk in poe though, that would be more convenient as it would keep the ringer ran islands mostly equal. I know one of the requirments was mostly independence, thus the taxation. I would not raise the taxes to a ridiculous rate though, as it would simply crumble the economy in the Sake area.

The rum buying price would also change depending on the amount the palace could take in/afford. I'm hoping to keep it fairly constant though.

The thought of shops obviously comes up, even though I didn't mention it in my storyness. From first thought I'm not planning on selling shops, possibly making a few for my use only(A distillery for creating rum, Shipyard for the sloops, Furnisher for furnisher government buildings) The thought of a shop as a reward though for a possible later competition of immense proportions is possible though.

Housing! My first thought is to plop down a manor near the marshes. Fits in with the overall spooky theme. Possibly a mansion sticking with the shadyness. Many of the events would run from a local tournament board from the house I would buy with the governer character.

The passing out the rum in a ship deed will be subject to change as well. The thought is to start with sloops and possibly move up to a grand frig(from the ship shop).

Just a quick note, all tournaments will take place upon non-free days for the greens. I'm hoping to cut down on the size of the tournies this way along with giving a side insentive for subscription.

:::::Other event ideas::::: (Things my brain was too mushy to encorperate it into the story)
Multiple puzzle tournaments. Preliminary rounds would take place in an unlocal tournament and secondary rounds would take place in either/both a house or a ship for organization.
Also planned is a massive treasure drop competition branching days. The idea would be those above a certin rating would enter by contacting me(via what undecided). A 2 out of 3 tournament would be created for thoose individuals to join in a house. Prizes would be awarded for 1st and 2nd place finishers. Additional prizes will be provided for thoose who lost in the 2nd and 3rd from the 1st. Those finishing outside the 3rd teir will can join a second tourny on a boat for a large cash prize along with an to be determend ammount of clothing or other inventory items.

Framiliars! A definite large event will be centered around a framiliar in dark/maroon colors of undecided type. The basis for it would be fetching items from different isles for the lordship Hades. My first idea would be for custom trinkets for this contest that ye'd have to trade a person at a handful of islands to get. As well ye'd have to solo your ship between the islands. I would right more about the idea of this but I'll keep some secrets until the event itself :)

And that is that! Enjoy :D
I be Scuz upon the valiant Cobalt ocean.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by scuz3d at Oct 24, 2005 11:31:57 PM]
[Oct 24, 2005 11:31:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    scuz3d [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 110   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates