• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 440
Posts: 440   Pages: 15   [ First Page | Previous Page | 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
This topic has been viewed 193799 times and has 439 replies Next Thread
Thunderbird

Re: YPPedia Q&A Thread Reply to this Post

Why is there a paycap I cades

At the time that auto paying of jobbers was added, 9999 PoE/seg was seen as being so high that the "cap" would never be hit. At the time, pay was maybe 1k-2k per *round*, or 400-500PoE/seg.

Actually, I believe the initial cap was 999 per segment. It was raised when paywars hit that initial cap.
----------------------------------------
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[May 27, 2015 8:40:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Grr, I knew I should have just removed the image link and ignored the rest. The old image is so outdated, I'm not sure there's any point renaming it anyway... Never mind. I don't care.

(And the original name was so much better.)

Shoppe pages suck.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[May 27, 2015 9:39:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Fannon wrote: 
You also want to make sure it's actually the same building (look at the date it was built).

Yeah, that. This was kinda my step number one, but I guess I wasn't exactly explicit. =)
[May 28, 2015 1:39:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Why is there a paycap I cades

At the time that auto paying of jobbers was added, 9999 PoE/seg was seen as being so high that the "cap" would never be hit. At the time, pay was maybe 1k-2k per *round*, or 400-500PoE/seg.

Actually, I believe the initial cap was 999 per segment. It was raised when paywars hit that initial cap.

That change happened during Ice testing. Leif convince OOO that it was *possible* that players might want to pay more than 1k/segment.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[May 28, 2015 4:52:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

I'm uploading some images for the monthly rewards program page. The other images are mostly tagged as official images. I'm not sure if that's actually the right tag since the page is only official-ish (it's been mostly kept up by OMs lately but is not in the official namespace). Also, the template says the image is protected, but I'm not sure the others are actually protected (or need to be).

My very groggy point is, if they do actually need to be protected, then someone who is not me will need to do that. Personally, I doubt it matters. No one will bother fiddling with the images anyway, and the changes could be reverted if someone did...
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by budclare2 at Jun 6, 2015 7:28:00 AM]
[Jun 6, 2015 7:17:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

The official tag is only used when the image is used in any of the official pages. I saw a few that were tagged as official but they should use the "ooo image" tag instead. As for protection, the only ones that might be protected are those used in official pages, not the rest.
[Jun 6, 2015 8:31:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

The official tag is only used when the image is used in any of the official pages. I saw a few that were tagged as official but they should use the "ooo image" tag instead. As for protection, the only ones that might be protected are those used in official pages, not the rest.

I knew I should have waited until after I asked to upload them. Silly no-sleep brain.

Will fix them. Thanks. :)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Jun 6, 2015 10:10:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Does anyone know why there's suddenly a (red) category for "Pages with broken file links"? (Like so.)

It's redundant because we already have a wanted files page, but mostly I'm just confused. How is a red category even created (without adding anything to the pages in question)? O_o
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Jun 20, 2015 2:47:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

It's populated automatically by the MediaWiki software. There's a discussion here
[Jun 20, 2015 7:59:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

I still don't understand how it happened. Unless things are still mysteriously disappearing? Because if it had to be manually disabled, and is now enabled again without anyone having actually done anything with it...

I was uploading some missing files just a few days ago. (Four days ago, apparently.) I'm sure I would have noticed that category if it'd been there then. Pretty sure. Almost entirely certain.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Jun 20, 2015 1:29:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

MediaWiki software was updated yesterday, that could've tweaked stuff.
[Jun 20, 2015 2:23:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Sneaky. Thanks. <3
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Jun 20, 2015 4:14:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Should super-rare trinkets be added to palettes, or would that just be too cruel to collectors?

/e found a spring green pie in her trinket case from the 2011 pi day event...
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Jul 29, 2015 6:52:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jlh0605

Should super-rare trinkets be added to palettes, or would that just be too cruel to collectors?

/e found a spring green pie in her trinket case from the 2011 pi day event...

I'm of the opinion that if it can be found in-game, with no hacks or other cheating, it should be on the wiki. However, I'm also of the opinion that limited-edition or otherwise not-always-available trinkets should have their availability specified on the page.

As a related example, I think it's totally fair to include sea green trinkets that were only available during the Fox Box Promotion.
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."
[Jul 31, 2015 1:37:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

What do you mean by "palettes"? If you mean the colour grid that gets used in the My Trinkets template, then yes, by all means - otherwise people can't display in on their articles. If you mean this page, then no.
[Jul 31, 2015 6:37:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Does anyone know how to get the muppet-hand image for a bludgeon? We need one for the shovel.

Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Aug 27, 2018 6:00:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyura94

Does anyone know how to get the muppet-hand image for a bludgeon? We need one for the shovel.

Steam > Rightclick game > Properties > Browse Local Files

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Puzzle Pirates Dark Seas\rsrc\bundles\media\yohoho-puzzle-boxing\media\yohoho\puzzle\boxing\gloves

Relevant files:
glove_werewolf23.png
glove23.png
Ryuken on Emerald.
I made a Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.

Offering docktart-citadel front row seats since Aug2020 :D
[Aug 27, 2018 10:56:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Steam > Rightclick game > Properties > Browse Local Files

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Puzzle Pirates Dark Seas\rsrc\bundles\media\yohoho-puzzle-boxing\media\yohoho\puzzle\boxing\gloves

Relevant files:
glove_werewolf23.png
glove23.png

\o/

Thank you. :)
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Aug 27, 2018 11:11:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
captainmra

With the current 2018 Holiday event. There's a new trophy named Silver Sigil... It's however the same name as the Silver Sigil you get from beating Madam. How do we go about duplicate names? I currently just threw a '2' at the end, but that's an ugly solution.
Mra - Meridian & Obsidian
Cptnmra - Emerald
[Dec 16, 2018 8:00:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

Hey, I've noticed the YPPedia falling out of date a bit in the newly released pets/famliar colors departments. While I could compile a list of inventory icons still needed and post that in the needed colors thread, I'd get lost on updating the color charts even with the images. Is there some trick or anything used to make them, or do/did people just carefully piece it all together manually?
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Nov 26, 2019 3:13:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 440   Pages: 15   [ First Page | Previous Page | 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates