• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 902
Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 86535 times and has 901 replies Next Thread
NinjaGuy

Re: *Hyperventilates* Housing on ice! Reply to this Post

Dementia wrote: 
Is furniture going to be considered personal property? Say for instance a governor redecorates their palace and adds several high priced furnishing items, then they lose the palace in a blockade, does the furniture stay with the palace?

I'd imagine it'd be just like the coffers; if the Governor wanted to keep it, they'd have to clean it out.
----------------------------------------
Ninjaguy - Captain of the Mad Mutineers, Prince of the Midnight Armada
[Jul 16, 2005 8:01:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.midnightarmada.com    Istealpants21    Istealpants21 [Link]  Go to top 
char

Oh course I have to put my 2 cents in for items and what they can do.

Beds:
Make beds, cots, and bunks give up an extra hour of labor. Bunk - 1 Cots - 2 Beds - 3

Holds:
Be able to have a small hold if you buy a Desk. So then you can Buy and Sell things.
Or sense every commod has a item allow you to buy something and just put it in a crate in your house
Zife
Senior Officer of Black Death
Host of the 11th Black Death Tournament
Co-Host of the 10th Black Death Tournament
[Jul 16, 2005 8:08:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prometheus
OceanMaster

Dementia wrote: 
Is furniture going to be considered personal property?

Furniture is owned by the person who placed it into the scene. Should another person remove it then that bit of furniture goes back into the inventory of the owner. When you arrange furniture and an item doesn't belong to you it'll show the owner in parenthesis.

Indeed, roommates and storage and all sorts of other special bits are planned for inclusion. I'll try and scan through and answer any other questions I can in a bit.

-Pro
[Jul 16, 2005 8:11:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
VPeric

Hey, it's fun. We had great fun in the Lelantos Party Mansion. ;) Here are some screenies:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/VPeric/lelantos_1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/VPeric/lelantos_2.jpg

As for stalls, seeing as I just opened one. Yes, they do trade in just about anything, and yes, I think the rent should be upped. As should the starting fee. As should the labor throughput (8/h ?!? My weavery has as much, and is much less labor intensive).
Wlada, Former King of Bloody Hell and former Captain of Sudden Death, Cobalt.
Vlada, Officer of the Rudder Royals, Azure.
[Jul 16, 2005 8:12:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zyborg22

chemicalgirl wrote: 
Large knapsacks, eh? We can't carry a few herbs in our pocket, yet we can lug around tables and chairs, and dressers and huge beds and tourney boards and even statues?

Blame that on the lack of need to carry around herbs and whatever container our PoE goes into now.

Limit for Ships! Definately need some restrictions on what can be placed in ships, and I'm sure that's coming.

I think we also need a restriction on where it can be placed. No need to have a table in front on an entrance.

There's also an issue that I have that hasn't been said yet (to my knowledge). When you get a quote for large items such as the fancy bed, the picture of the item causes the quote takes up the majority of the screen. This makes it very hard to see or choose anything in the list of available products. Is there any way to fix that?
Zyborg - Avatar done by Kingpriam.
Senior Officer of the crew The Legends
Member of the flag Crimson Tide
[Jul 16, 2005 8:25:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Zyborg22    Zyborg200 [Link]  Go to top 
Dragonlilly

fr4nk wrote: 
I guess I felt that since everyone else's opinions were going here mine could, too. I'll just sit silently on Xi as always next time. =)

My comment about 'tart less, dust more...' was not specifically aimed at you. It was a generalization that I did not make clear was such. I've heard many people today whine about these new features not fitting on their island. My apologies.
Dragonlilly, Captain of SDTC
A very much retired old sea salt! Or would that be sea saltess?
Shanty Raid-io!
[Jul 16, 2005 8:44:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://dragonlilly.shantyraidio.com    srdragonlilly    SO+Dragonlilly    101380420 [Link]  Go to top 
Rappak

In the documentation, could you please bold the stuff about turning? I didn't know about it earlier and couldn't put things on my wall until someone told me. I read through the documentation before but must have missed it.
Rappak, memmer of the oceans.

Rappak- Ex-king of Something Powerful (Cobalt)/ex-Lord of Indestructible Fury, a caged free-bird forever.
Rappak- Officer in Easily Distracted (Midnight)/Mem helper in CT/Where am I?
[Jul 16, 2005 8:50:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fr4nk

Dragonlilly wrote: 
fr4nk wrote: 
I guess I felt that since everyone else's opinions were going here mine could, too. I'll just sit silently on Xi as always next time. =)

My comment about 'tart less, dust more...' was not specifically aimed at you. It was a generalization that I did not make clear was such. I've heard many people today whine about these new features not fitting on their island. My apologies.

I shouldn't have read it as a personal attack, either, so I don't really think anyone's to blame. =P As for over-crowded islands.. this is shaping up to be something that few islands will be able to do effectively (from what little I know of the process so far), which is what's confusing me the most. Take Diamond for example, most of those islands have no more space to build period.
Misery
[Jul 16, 2005 9:18:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thecrimsontide.org    kyuuket5u [Link]  Go to top 
Whitefire

NinjaGuy wrote: 
Dementia wrote: 
Is furniture going to be considered personal property? Say for instance a governor redecorates their palace and adds several high priced furnishing items, then they lose the palace in a blockade, does the furniture stay with the palace?

I'd imagine it'd be just like the coffers; if the Governor wanted to keep it, they'd have to clean it out.

Actually, thats not the case. Hypnos was rather upset last night because Prom was planting pink thrones all over his house. Whenever Hypnos removed one, it was sent back to Prom, who would put it back.
[Jul 16, 2005 11:00:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ajbcool

Wow. I personally never have been to Ice ( and don't plan on it ), but it sounds....different. If all goes well with the test, I can't imagine it getting implemented in Viridian ( my ocean ); we have plenty of space, but it seems to undermind the "Puzzle" of PP.

What if there was a sleeping puzzle attached to the houses?
[Jul 16, 2005 11:42:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

Hmmm.... So If you dust your house, are all the items in it destroyed... Or if in the future, if you plan on destroying your stall, is it worth while to strip it of all furniture?

Actually, just an idea... If you have the "Huge Stack of Lumber that I'm not sure of its correct name" item in your house, you can trade wood at the bazare? Same with the buckets of herbs etc.
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Jul 16, 2005 12:22:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizthegrey
Developer (retired)

All the items are returned to their owners when a set of rooms is returned to the house.
[Jul 16, 2005 2:16:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://plus.google.com/106912596786226524817/posts [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

I'm interested in what happens to all the pre-existing furnishings in the game. Buildings such as the commodities markets or palaces have huge numbers of pre-existing furniture that came with the building.

Who owns the furniture in governmental buildings? Can the governor walk into the commodity market, decides he like the drinking table in the corner, and take it for his own house or ship? And what happens when the governor changes?

Will buildings and stalls continue to come "pre-furnished" as Nemo and Bluebeard originally designed the scenes?

If so, will these "pre-furnishings" be prey to the same level or type of decay?
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Jul 16, 2005 2:35:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
zoip

Fiddler wrote: 
I'm interested in what happens to all the pre-existing furnishings in the game. Buildings such as the commodities markets or palaces have huge numbers of pre-existing furniture that came with the building.

Who owns the furniture in governmental buildings? Can the governor walk into the commodity market, decides he like the drinking table in the corner, and take it for his own house or ship? And what happens when the governor changes?

Will buildings and stalls continue to come "pre-furnished" as Nemo and Bluebeard originally designed the scenes?

If so, will these "pre-furnishings" be prey to the same level or type of decay?

Pre-furnishings are immobile. Ye can leave them or ye can destroy them and that's it. If ye want to "move" them, ye have to buy a duplicate, destroy the original and then place the duplicate.

Also, not all pre-furnishings are destructable. For instance, there's basic things in a stall or ship (mostly things ye can click, like bilge pumps and place-an-order desks) that are permanent and indestructable.
drstupid wrote: 
If [your argument] is "good enough" for you, then having the reanimated corpse of Ludwig Wittgenstein throttle you in your sleep is too good for you.

[Jul 16, 2005 3:10:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sunnylc2

Maybe I missed it, it's possible cause I'm really tired. I didn't see an answer to the co-habitation / joint ownership question. Someone point me in the right direction if need be.

If it hasn't been addressed, all I have to say is PLEEEEEEZZZZZZZ?!
Sunny
[Jul 16, 2005 3:23:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

zoip wrote: 
Pre-furnishings are immobile. Ye can leave them or ye can destroy them and that's it. If ye want to "move" them, ye have to buy a duplicate, destroy the original and then place the duplicate.

Also, not all pre-furnishings are destructable. For instance, there's basic things in a stall or ship (mostly things ye can click, like bilge pumps and place-an-order desks) that are permanent and indestructable.

So they're props basically, and not full-fledged furniture? Wonderful.

Can the navigation table be moved? (I have a neat re-design of my sloop in mind if it can.)
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Probably not, since it's something you can click on and get a result.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mattmartin72

I would really prefer furniture to be non-whiskable in some way. Whisking a huge bed or a wardrobe just seems a bit too much. Plus the furniture economy will be quite complex as it is, lets give the local traders a small advantage. You want that bed now? pay so much or ship it in from a cheaper location.

Perhaps a bid ticket kind of thing, you order your furniture and then can only deliver it to a ship or stall/house that it will fit into. Then you ship it wherever and transfer it. Keeps the process similar to what we have now and gets people using there ships again.
Napalm
Captain of Die Fish Die

Encaustic art Av by Skullcracker, click for more of Skullys work
[Jul 16, 2005 6:24:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zoip

mattmartin72 wrote: 
I would really prefer furniture to be non-whiskable in some way. Whisking a huge bed or a wardrobe just seems a bit too much. Plus the furniture economy will be quite complex as it is, lets give the local traders a small advantage. You want that bed now? pay so much or ship it in from a cheaper location.

Perhaps a bid ticket kind of thing, you order your furniture and then can only deliver it to a ship or stall/house that it will fit into. Then you ship it wherever and transfer it. Keeps the process similar to what we have now and gets people using there ships again.

I agree with yer sentiments, but I don't think yer change can be made without major code changes. Also, young newbies are going to find houses quite complex already--would ye want to hear their cries of "I can't move my chair!!!!!!1!"?
drstupid wrote: 
If [your argument] is "good enough" for you, then having the reanimated corpse of Ludwig Wittgenstein throttle you in your sleep is too good for you.

[Jul 16, 2005 7:36:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

zoip wrote: 

Aw, but i'd so want to completely rearrange my stalls. Move the racks and the desks and ordertables as well. It'd make stalls all look very different.
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
[Jul 16, 2005 7:42:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rmarsbar

I'm getting the feeling that if I just left my stall the way it is, it'll become the strangest one around..
Rmarzbarr, a Superlemon!
[Jul 16, 2005 7:44:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Marziepants    Marziepants1    334439659 [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

Heheheh, it might be, aye. Then again, i'm a decorating nut, that likes furnishing places and such.
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
[Jul 16, 2005 8:02:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vistaverde

houses Reply to this Post

So really there is no reason for the houses unless you make it able to put money/items in there somehow like in the treasure chest that you can buy. Buuuuuuut for now there is no use of these houses so it would be better if you put some use of this housing idea

so please make some minor changes to this grand idea to make it just about perfect.
[Jul 16, 2005 9:03:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

mattmartin72 wrote: 

YPP Removalists
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Jul 16, 2005 9:06:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dragonlilly

sunnylc2 wrote: 
Maybe I missed it, it's possible cause I'm really tired. I didn't see an answer to the co-habitation / joint ownership question. Someone point me in the right direction if need be.

If it hasn't been addressed, all I have to say is PLEEEEEEZZZZZZZ?!

Earlier in this thread, or it may be in Barrister's formula thread, but they said that co-habitation is 'down the road'. Which I take to mean, that they want to work out all the bugs of single living before adding in roommates.

Dragonlilly, wondering when and why her apostrophe key became a shortkey for Firefox's find feature...
Dragonlilly, Captain of SDTC
A very much retired old sea salt! Or would that be sea saltess?
Shanty Raid-io!
[Jul 16, 2005 10:36:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://dragonlilly.shantyraidio.com    srdragonlilly    SO+Dragonlilly    101380420 [Link]  Go to top 
Obaba

Scary first impressions. Reply to this Post

I saw all the furniture availible, with fancy and shady types (like in the island editor), and couldn't help but think of "Animal Crossing"...

Sera comes back after a long voyage at sea and turns on the lights...
"COCKROACHES?!?!"
/me runs around stomping on roaches.

Yeah, something like that.
But it's still a great addition. Are those wardrobes going to do anything aside from look pretty? *grins*

EDIT:

This came as a thought too:

Two pirates
Two designers
Two days
10K PoE each

Welcome to "YPP Trading Shanties"

Gebus, it's to early for thoughts like this!
Toji - Captain of "The Depths"
Obaba - Fleet Officer and Muse of "Le Freccette"
YPP Comic- The Depths of Midnight
Avvie by Pogo
[Jul 16, 2005 11:39:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://obabashut.com    Toji no Boushi [Link]  Go to top 
dravlid

Im wondering if you can lose your furniture to skellies. Or is it going to be like deeds, where skellie can not take those. I think it would be neat to beat a skellie and see that ye won a dead dead fish or a fancy bed. Better yet a trough for yer piggie friends....lol.
People in cars cause Accidents....Accidents in cars cause People
[Jul 17, 2005 12:03:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rappak

Re: Scary first impressions. Reply to this Post

Obaba wrote: 

EDIT:

Two pirates
Two designers
Two days
10K PoE each

My thoughts exactly.

Or something like real world or Big Brother or just a plain and simple best house/worse house competition... /em has too many events on the brain!
Rappak, memmer of the oceans.

Rappak- Ex-king of Something Powerful (Cobalt)/ex-Lord of Indestructible Fury, a caged free-bird forever.
Rappak- Officer in Easily Distracted (Midnight)/Mem helper in CT/Where am I?
[Jul 17, 2005 12:30:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

Re: Scary first impressions. Reply to this Post

Rappak wrote: 
Obaba wrote: 

EDIT:

Two pirates
Two designers
Two days
10K PoE each

My thoughts exactly.

Or something like real world or Big Brother or just a plain and simple best house/worse house competition... /em has too many events on the brain!

Yesterday was probably the worst time to buy Sims 2 and spend 3 hours designing only half of the house.

Hey, at least there's a wider selection of goods!

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.
[Jul 17, 2005 1:54:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
chemicalgirl

I find myself, when thinking of how these things will be implemented on the other oceans, saying, "Now in the real world, ....."

Oh dear.
Silk

Stuyvesant flag officer chats, "You remember that whole "Midnight is better than Everything" phase?"
Silk flag officer chats, "phase...?"
Current Avatar by Falmari
[Jul 17, 2005 2:11:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Silk_Princess1978    Sylkprincess [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates