• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 902
Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 86536 times and has 901 replies Next Thread
PegheadPete

Re: *Hyperventilates* Housing on ice! Reply to this Post

wow...just wow...

Just a few questions.

Will we be able to hang portraits at some point? Perhaps replacing the pictures?

Will sword/clothing racks be purchaseable at some point?
----------------------------------------
Pegnose, Senior Officer of the Pirates of the Damned, Lord of Crimson Tide, Champion of Oceanmaster Eris
[Jul 16, 2005 2:56:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Varthlokkur

/em hopes for the ability to select check boxes for 'let all hearties in', let all crewmembers in', 'let all flagmembers in' 9possibly with finer grained rank permissions).
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean
[Jul 16, 2005 2:59:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
Beautymaus

these houses are great!!!
But I'd really like the option to have managers for the big ones, so a few people could share a house. Maybe one owner who si the only one who can change furniture, but several people who can invite others to enter.
[Jul 16, 2005 3:25:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    113262929 [Link]  Go to top 
msparky

Cleaver wrote: 
Everyone gets one free shack. You can get rid of it and get a new one.

Houses are bought, no rent.

Home sweet home!

First of let me say - W/O does not own an Island. Nor really plan on tyring to take one.

Why oh why no taxs (or rent) for the Housing - This would provide an additional revenue stream for Governors and create a whole new social puzzle for governors to have to deal with in regards to island ownership. It would make where you put your home a very important decision as opposed to plunking one down on every single island.

Personally I find the whole no rent for houses thing odd.
Cheers,

Priklypete
[Jul 16, 2005 3:35:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

will flags that own islands have to spend their own poe and commods to build the boarding houses? if so, how much of each commod will we need to have on hand when this goes through, so we can get it built as quickly as possible? (assuming we decide we can afford the cost so that we can attract more citizens to our fair island)
LordKalvan of Otherwhen, all oceans but mostly Midnight
[Jul 16, 2005 3:41:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zoip

kaykordeath wrote: 
So....

ANYTHING fro the furniture shop can be placed on a ship!?

Like....the statues!?

Probably. There's a few restrictions (can't move a bilge pump) but it seems that codewise, almost anything goes almost anywhere. We'll have to see how the devs react when many ships start looking like they sailed both through the Twilight Zone and the Extremely Tacky Zone.
drstupid wrote: 
If [your argument] is "good enough" for you, then having the reanimated corpse of Ludwig Wittgenstein throttle you in your sleep is too good for you.

[Jul 16, 2005 3:42:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IcabobFreely

There are enough poe sinks I think. I doubt there will ever be anything that the island owners see 100% of the revanues from, with the exception of selling shop deeds. It it were implemented, it would add another upkeep cost to islands, and the (probably 10% or less) that funneled to the palace would have to be spent on the upkeep of the "apartments".
Icabob of The Midnight Sun
And remember...
When you're having a really bad day, it takes 42 muscles to frown and only 4 muscles to extend your finger and flip them off.
[Jul 16, 2005 3:43:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    IcaTheBadOne [Link]  Go to top 
VPeric

Well, I'm hoping we'll have more sizes then shack and mansion (and I didn't see the mansion yet =\). Also, while I think rent might be a bummer, maybe the governor should get 10% off housing purchases, like they do with sales tax? Or it could be just another sink, I suppose.
Wlada, Former King of Bloody Hell and former Captain of Sudden Death, Cobalt.
Vlada, Officer of the Rudder Royals, Azure.
[Jul 16, 2005 4:08:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lokonzo

Could someone post a screenshot? (of anything!?)
Lokonzo- Viridian and Sage
British Battalion.
European Revolution.
Other words here.
[Jul 16, 2005 4:16:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fr4nk

While I do like the changes that I've seen on Ice so far.. it would be nice if we didn't have to build yet another bazaar on our Midnight islands. There's really no benefit to having an island currently, maybe we could do away with the bazaar restrictions for this one type of shop? You're asking us to seriously overcrowd our already crowded-with-buildings islands, heh.

I'm also not so sure I look forward to seeing some of the jam packed sloops my freaky crew mates will come up with. =P
Misery
[Jul 16, 2005 4:23:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thecrimsontide.org    kyuuket5u [Link]  Go to top 
RaelShark

fr4nk wrote: 
I'm also not so sure I look forward to seeing some of the jam packed sloops my freaky crew mates will come up with. =P

Hm - how hard would it be to tie the amount of stuff on a ship to how fast it takes on bilgewater? Weight and all... (though I guess commods don't have that effect currently)
Shark
Mascot of Ransack Marauders
[Jul 16, 2005 5:03:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.ransackmarauders.com [Link]  Go to top 
Dragonlilly

fr4nk wrote: 
... maybe we could do away with the bazaar restrictions for this one type of shop? ...

Why not make it that only a bazaar can be built and no separate shoppe? Why let only one set of 5 control the whole island's furniture market?

Also, everyone, in the position to know (ie govenors), knew personal housing and furniture shoppes were coming. Why over build your island, if ye wanted housing and furniture? First rule of any planner is to leave room for future development.

Less tarting, more dusting, if ye packed yer isle with too many shoppes.
Dragonlilly, Captain of SDTC
A very much retired old sea salt! Or would that be sea saltess?
Shanty Raid-io!
[Jul 16, 2005 5:13:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://dragonlilly.shantyraidio.com    srdragonlilly    SO+Dragonlilly    101380420 [Link]  Go to top 
Shuranthae

Dragonlilly wrote: 
Also, everyone, in the position to know (ie govenors), knew personal housing and furniture shoppes were coming. Why over build your island, if ye wanted housing and furniture? First rule of any planner is to leave room for future development.

Well I'm sure half the isles of the Inner Archs feel the exact same way. I mean just look at how well Cnossos is going, for example.
[Jul 16, 2005 5:24:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitefire

Dragonlilly wrote: 

You must not pay attention to the logic on these forums hun. But I agree with you, everyone knew more shop types were coming, and should have planned accordingly. Although, there were many mentions to player housing not requiring actual land plots to construct. That is tehnically the case, but you have to build a bazaar-ish building in order to allow the purchase of these homes.
[Jul 16, 2005 5:30:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chemicalgirl

A few points:

Large knapsacks, eh? We can't carry a few herbs in our pocket, yet we can lug around tables and chairs, and dressers and huge beds and tourney boards and even statues? um, hmmm.... Maybe a 'move to a new home' option should be implemented where you move your stuff to a ship's hold and then move to a new home.

Limit for Ships! Definately need some restrictions on what can be placed in ships, and I'm sure that's coming.

Painting... It's going to be annoying not being able to order paint and store it at your house to paint your home from the same method as you paint ships and stalls.

Shouldn't homes have some storage capabilities?

Managers (Cohabitants), please. I'm assuming the larger homes (above shack) will allow managers. What about joint ownership? That kind of goes back to the same questions about joint ownership of bank accounts, like for crews and flags.

Materials for the Furnishers will be ridiculous. I already thought managing my apoth could be a headache, but a furnishers? ew. Perhaps there could be a Furnishers, then a knick knack shoppe. Knick knacks (dust collectors, chatchkis, crap like that) would be things like notebooks and apothecary accroutements and the like.

Too much booty in the trunk! It seems as though the graphics people took everything they use for creating scenery and made it available to us for purchase... Maybe we don't need quite so many things... maybe?

Square Footage? Could there be a limit to how much stuff you can put in a space. Like the hold of a shop or ship. Each item in a room has a certain volume, or maybe square length.

Edit: You can have a bird cage for your parrot, but what about an aquarium for your octopus? I'm sure they get inky at night....

Also, Jaina definately needs a ship for her house, to follow her around.

Edit 2: Hanging portraits would be wonderful. It's always bugged my that the fella in in Captain's quarters is a blonde. =/
Silk

Stuyvesant flag officer chats, "You remember that whole "Midnight is better than Everything" phase?"
Silk flag officer chats, "phase...?"
Current Avatar by Falmari
[Edit 2 times, last edit by chemicalgirl at Jul 16, 2005 6:13:14 AM]
[Jul 16, 2005 6:13:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Silk_Princess1978    Sylkprincess [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

chemicalgirl wrote: 
Too much booty in the trunk! It seems as though the graphics people took everything they use for creating scenery and made it available to us for purchase... Maybe we don't need quite so many things... maybe?

You just can't please some people.
[Jul 16, 2005 6:27:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Varthlokkur

From the last release notes:

When painting, if you don't have the paint available in your hold you can buy it at the current market rate instantly from the painting panel.

Does this require a hold for the paint to temporarily go into?
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean
[Jul 16, 2005 6:31:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
chemicalgirl

Lol, true, sorry Nemo! Um, I mean, thanks you guys! Housing is really cool. I'm just indecisive and I'm taking out on all of you! Harr!

I changed my mind, I do want all those options, yes!
Silk

Stuyvesant flag officer chats, "You remember that whole "Midnight is better than Everything" phase?"
[Jul 16, 2005 6:32:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Silk_Princess1978    Sylkprincess [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

I'm supposed to be packing my real world home, not moving into a computer home.

<sigh>.
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Jul 16, 2005 6:53:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Colbag

Will wardrobes stop you clothes from dusting?
[Jul 16, 2005 6:53:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

lokonzo wrote: 
Could someone post a screenshot? (of anything!?)

Okay then, my free room at the love shack (sorry no furniture yet, lacking poe, and order queues are insanely long);

Nemo wrote: 
chemicalgirl wrote: 

You just can't please some people.

I am sort of missing a vase with flower or something people could bring to your housewarming party. :D

Btw, am i the only one that wishes you could change the color of the bedding of the fancy beds?

Oh and looking at paint on the walls, i had actually wondered this before, why is the pretty aqua that is lovely on my ships and clothes, that horrible dark color on my walls? Some other colors like purple and violet are also not what i'd expect them to look. :(

That said i'm still insanely excited. And the manor class rooms are so cool. I'd just expect less dirt on the floor, and a more fancy door downstairs (downstairs? yes there's an upstairs, way cool). Though that room with the stairs entrance in the middle of the room will be a challenge to furnish. (Sorry forgot to take screenshots while i was in one)
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
[Jul 16, 2005 6:54:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rappak

Or chests to hold poe or bulletin boards to write stuff on?
Rappak, memmer of the oceans.

Rappak- Ex-king of Something Powerful (Cobalt)/ex-Lord of Indestructible Fury, a caged free-bird forever.
Rappak- Officer in Easily Distracted (Midnight)/Mem helper in CT/Where am I?
[Jul 16, 2005 6:54:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chemicalgirl

Anyone else singing Three's Company's Theme Song every time someone says 'come knock!'?

♪ Coma and Knock on Our Doooooor ♪
Silk

[Jul 16, 2005 6:56:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Silk_Princess1978    Sylkprincess [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

Rappak wrote: 
Or chests to hold poe or bulletin boards to write stuff on?

Or sword racks to hold your swords and mug cabinets to hold your mugs?
Pleun,

[Jul 16, 2005 6:56:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fr4nk

Dragonlilly wrote: 

I don't see where I was tarting.. I do see where I was asking a legitimate question, though. I planned ahead, I used the rumours the Ringers were giving us for housing to leave enough space open on Xi for housing and a furnisher.. No one told us we'd have to build a bazaar for this, as well.

Regarding the bazaar itself though, these items look as though they will need some serious space for commodities.. so that brings up a concern as to how anyone will run a profitable stall for this type of business.

And I was making a generalisation regarding all islands, if I felt Xi was overcrowded I obviously would have done something about it.. Take a look at some of the smaller islands like Park, what are they supposed to do about housing and furnishers? That was the point I was trying to make. I guess I felt that since everyone else's opinions were going here mine could, too. I'll just sit silently on Xi as always next time. =)
Misery
[Jul 16, 2005 6:58:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thecrimsontide.org    kyuuket5u [Link]  Go to top 
chemicalgirl

What's the limit that a house or shack can hold? Is it like ships that have a limit per ship size or is it like stalls and shoppes, that never get full?
Silk

[Jul 16, 2005 7:08:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Silk_Princess1978    Sylkprincess [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

fr4nk wrote: 
Dragonlilly wrote: 

I don't see where I was tarting.. I do see where I was asking a legitimate question, though. I planned ahead, I used the rumours the Ringers were giving us for housing to leave enough space open on Xi for housing and a furnisher.. No one told us we'd have to build a bazaar for this, as well.

Regarding the bazaar itself though, these items look as though they will need some serious space for commodities.. so that brings up a concern as to how anyone will run a profitable stall for this type of business.

And I was making a generalisation regarding all islands, if I felt Xi was overcrowded I obviously would have done something about it.. Take a look at some of the smaller islands like Park, what are they supposed to do about housing and furnishers? That was the point I was trying to make. I guess I felt that since everyone else's opinions were going here mine could, too. I'll just sit silently on Xi as always next time. =)

Nah, it's a very good question. Since you need different houses for different roomtypes as well. That's more space that you might have expected. And well some islands are small. Like oyster is very small, doesn't even have every type of shop, i wonder were we can put housing there.
Pleun,

[Jul 16, 2005 7:08:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jonmooers

fr4nk wrote: 

Specialize in certain types of furniture?
Kuroshio

Captain of Murakami Suigun in Cobalt
[Jul 16, 2005 7:12:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dementia

Is furniture going to be considered personal property? Say for instance a governor redecorates their palace and adds several high priced furnishing items, then they lose the palace in a blockade, does the furniture stay with the palace?
- Ajani, Into the Sunset

Ryhison tells you, "i hate u u are a evil little man that tourtures little animals"
[Jul 16, 2005 7:55:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    LifeAheadofYou [Link]  Go to top 
chemicalgirl

Aye, I was thinking the same thing Kuroshio.

Another thing I just realized, the list of player housing to 'knock on doors' only shows people that are in their homes. Keeps things from getting messy.

It seems that dead fish are furnitue. My fish skeleton was just finished by Wlada's stall. Now can I please have a Bony Adam come to my room when I turn off the lights? Oh my, that came out in the 2 ways I meant it. hmm

Silk

[Jul 16, 2005 7:57:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Silk_Princess1978    Sylkprincess [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates