• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 902
Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 86485 times and has 901 replies Next Thread
CursedBurger

Re: *Hyperventilates* Housing on ice! Reply to this Post

frogkissed11 wrote: 
you can order tourney boards. you can place objects on ships. will this let us place tourney boards on ships?

And, hopefully, beds, for those 24 hours pillages.
----------------------------------------
Are there any pirates on this ship?
And if they sober up,
they'll have us home by morning.
[Jul 15, 2005 6:08:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zoip

Odd bug: Furniture can be placed in midair from the crow's nest room.

I think my table is so happy, flying up there. It's free, free as a bird...
drstupid wrote: 
If [your argument] is "good enough" for you, then having the reanimated corpse of Ludwig Wittgenstein throttle you in your sleep is too good for you.

[Jul 15, 2005 6:22:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

Why can I see the "Furniture shop" also becoming the long awaited merchant trading stall that currently only the palace can be... And if this is the case, it really needs to be a high rent (Up on par with shipyards or posibly higher)
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Jul 15, 2005 6:30:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vistaverde

I WANT A SKELLIE AS A PET IN MY HOUSE

wouldnt that be cool?
[Jul 15, 2005 6:33:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WhyvernWeb

zoip wrote: 
Odd bug: Furniture can be placed in midair from the crow's nest room.

I think my table is so happy, flying up there. It's free, free as a bird...

Never take an innocent drink while reading the forums. Never. *wipes her monitor clean of soda*

And in response: Buahahaha
Heksubah
Mostly Retired, Still a Pirate at Heart
[Jul 15, 2005 7:00:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.shantyraidio.com    Heksubah [Link]  Go to top 
CapnRobby

Another bug to report that I haven't seen already posted:
When you post news, it shows up twice...
EDIT: Actually, it's the same way in the shops/stalls too....

Also, I know this probably wont happen, but I'd LOVE it if we could actually SIT on the chairs...and that wouldn't only apply to houses, but to inns as well! I'm really not interested in getting housing if it's only going to be a poe sink where we get the furnature looking pretty and then it's like...ok, never gonna go back there again...

Which, coincidentally, leads me to my next suggestion...Have it so that when I log in, if I am logging in on an island where I have a room, have me start out at the room instead of at the docks...it would be so much more comfortable :)

And lastly, is the furniture bazaar/boarding house going to be what replaces the banks??...it would definately be a good use for the abandoned buildings ;)

Cobalt: Lich
Midnight and now Ice: Daisuke
[Jul 15, 2005 7:01:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zoip

Another bug:

Not only can ye remove many items in yer stall, but ye can remove items from underneath items and Y!PP doesn't check fer gravity. Now ye can have floating books, small floating boxes, etc., etc.

Methinks there's going to be some _strange_ stalls in the future.
drstupid wrote: 
If [your argument] is "good enough" for you, then having the reanimated corpse of Ludwig Wittgenstein throttle you in your sleep is too good for you.

[Jul 15, 2005 7:20:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CursedBurger

zoip wrote: 
Another bug:

Not only can ye remove many items in yer stall, but ye can remove items from underneath items and Y!PP doesn't check fer gravity. Now ye can have floating books, small floating boxes, etc., etc.

Methinks there's going to be some _strange_ stalls in the future.

Floating skulls! Floating skulls! The game just gets better and better!
And if they sober up,
[Jul 15, 2005 7:26:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Starfaller

Cleaver wrote: 

There's a few bugs (notably one with accepting invites; it doesn't work and you have to dismiss the request before /invite'ing them), but mostly I am delighted.

Home sweet home!

Actually, I submitted one of the reports on this bug. I tried it for like 4 or 5 people, then all of a sudden it worked. I think it may have something to do with if the pirate moves from the door or clicks on another room to enter. More testing needed to figure that one out.

Cleaver, are we going to be able to change the color of the curtains in rooms/houses and banners on ships now?

[size=9]/me really wants a sleeping tortoise in her place.
Synful
Looseweed wrote: 

YPP bout fun. No bout ego

[Jul 15, 2005 7:27:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Synful62 [Link]  Go to top 
CursedBurger

Starfaller wrote: 
Cleaver, are we going to be able to change the color of the curtains in rooms/houses and banners on ships now?.

Houses are paintable.
And if they sober up,
[Jul 15, 2005 7:28:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kaet

Note: the Bank building is gone. O_O
[Jul 15, 2005 7:42:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnRobby

Kaet wrote: 
Note: the Bank building is gone. O_O

On Ice, yes...But not on Cobalt

And, obviously I'm not talking about actually using the building itself...Just talking about gettin the ole bulldozer and knocking out the bank and putting one of the new buildings there... ;)

Lich
[Jul 15, 2005 7:48:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kaet

Sorry, CapnRobby, I was just pointing that out after checking to see if anyone else had mentioned the bank going missing. I was not commenting on your post. ;)

I'm surprised the bank was removed. I thought they had a plan for it....
[Jul 15, 2005 7:51:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NinjaGuy

I really don't think furniture should decay, even if it doesn't in place.

And on a somewhat unrelated note, since the furniture store in so wood (and somewhat hemp) intensive, it would be wonderful if the wood (and possibly hemp) spawns were increased a bit.

EDIT: Also, what happened to the "cove" idea of Nemo's? That was a good one.
Ninjaguy - Captain of the Mad Mutineers, Prince of the Midnight Armada
[Edit 2 times, last edit by NinjaGuy at Jul 15, 2005 7:51:48 PM]
[Jul 15, 2005 7:51:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.midnightarmada.com    Istealpants21    Istealpants21 [Link]  Go to top 
Starfaller

CursedBurger wrote: 
Starfaller wrote: 
Cleaver, are we going to be able to change the color of the curtains in rooms/houses and banners on ships now?.

Houses are paintable.

I didn't ask if the walls could change color. I asked about the CLOTH within the building aka curtains and the cloth on ships aka bedding and banners.
Synful
Looseweed wrote: 

[Jul 15, 2005 7:53:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Synful62 [Link]  Go to top 
zoip

Starfaller wrote: 
CursedBurger wrote: 
Starfaller wrote: 

Houses are paintable.

I didn't ask if the walls could change color. I asked about the CLOTH within the building aka curtains and the cloth on ships aka bedding and banners.

I thinkso, but ye may have to buy new beds and banners, toss out the old (it's _amazing_ how much ye can toss out--perhaps, too amazing) and put in the new.
drstupid wrote: 

[Jul 15, 2005 8:06:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Starfaller

Thanks, zoip. I am hoping we could eventually do the same thing with curtains in our homes, too.

Oi! Now I have a picture of a spinning wheel or something sitting on the deck of a sloop!
Synful
Looseweed wrote: 

[Jul 15, 2005 8:10:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Synful62 [Link]  Go to top 
VPeric

Wheeeeeee!

I'm sure there will be a lot of tweaking of recepies, but it's great so far. :D
Wlada, Former King of Bloody Hell and former Captain of Sudden Death, Cobalt.
Vlada, Officer of the Rudder Royals, Azure.
[Jul 15, 2005 8:27:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ottovb

Q: Are the Spades/Hearts/TD tables and tournament board networked or able to play local games only?
[Jul 15, 2005 8:28:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

OMG, OMG! /me runs of to ice to check it out. This sounds soooo cool.
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
[Jul 15, 2005 8:36:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Beautymaus

can several people live in one room? like managers in shops?
[Jul 15, 2005 10:12:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    113262929 [Link]  Go to top 
suncraze

so does this mean that stalls and shops that are purchased in the future, after the update with homes, will be completely empty also?
[Jul 15, 2005 11:18:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Falkenberg

The bank was dusted because it was in an inconveniant spot, IE, people kept getting sucked into it when trying to hit the chat bar. After several people in a rather good conversation (including a dev or two) got sucked into it, they just dusted it. It has no bearing (to my knowledge) on the future of banks.
Falkenberg - All oceans, but homed on Midnight
Proud owner of the Millennian Falkun, Dead Starfish, and X Wingfish on Midnight.
[Jul 15, 2005 11:42:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://twitter.com/@_woebetide_ [Link]  Go to top 
t0tal

YPP Cribs coming soon!
Jabez
[Jul 16, 2005 12:23:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rappak

Ooo! that gives me several different ideas! /em loves event ideas running through his head.

Also, Could you actually fit one of those rum distillery stuff in your place? I see the statues also, so could govornors buy those to place randomly around docks to give it a more personal feel like a "charm" and could you place those in your room?

How many house places can you have? 1 on each island?
Rappak, memmer of the oceans.

Rappak- Ex-king of Something Powerful (Cobalt)/ex-Lord of Indestructible Fury, a caged free-bird forever.
Rappak- Officer in Easily Distracted (Midnight)/Mem helper in CT/Where am I?
[Jul 16, 2005 1:08:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kaykordeath

So....

ANYTHING fro the furniture shop can be placed on a ship!?

Like....the statues!?
tht guy hird me 2 b a om
[Jul 16, 2005 1:11:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rappak

And is there a "Shoppe" for the furniture or is just purely through bazaars?
Rappak, memmer of the oceans.

Rappak- Ex-king of Something Powerful (Cobalt)/ex-Lord of Indestructible Fury, a caged free-bird forever.
Rappak- Officer in Easily Distracted (Midnight)/Mem helper in CT/Where am I?
[Jul 16, 2005 1:34:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dementia

On Ice, it's a bazaar right now.
- Ajani, Into the Sunset

Ryhison tells you, "i hate u u are a evil little man that tourtures little animals"
[Jul 16, 2005 1:47:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    LifeAheadofYou [Link]  Go to top 
jonmooers

So if you can place items on your ships, does that mean Governors could re-decorate their palaces? How about shoppes and stalls and Inns, etc?
Kuroshio

Captain of Murakami Suigun in Cobalt
[Jul 16, 2005 1:48:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arthas

Theoretically, yes.

As was stated previously, someone took items out from underneath other ones in a stall, so I'm guessing aye.
Antioch/Vhailor-

Back with bigger guns.
[Jul 16, 2005 2:36:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    antiochkinstar@yahoo.com    devolution T [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates