• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 902
Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 86500 times and has 901 replies Next Thread
lokonzo

Re: *Hyperventilates* Housing on ice! Reply to this Post

That's true, the Furniture store replaced the bank though.
----------------------------------------
Lokonzo- Viridian and Sage
British Battalion.
European Revolution.
Other words here.
[Jul 19, 2005 12:53:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

It was my understanding that the bank on Shatterstone was levelled due to people mysteriously whisking there.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Jul 19, 2005 1:04:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lokonzo

Synful wrote: 
It was my understanding that the bank on Shatterstone was levelled due to people mysteriously whisking there.

*Twilight Zone Theme*

Well, I'm glad Viridian dubloon buyers can now access Ice, but after working for a very long while in the navy, all I can afford is a chair! *Grumbles about the inability to become an officer*
British Battalion.
European Revolution.
Other words here.
[Jul 19, 2005 1:07:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tamsin

The smaller pictures on the 'Order Products' screen at the furnishers certainly do help to make things a bit easier on the eyes. I wonder if it would help to have further sub-divisions. Tabletop items and Wall items come to mind as two things that could be easily separated out. The Wall items are a bit more obvious, but it's not necessarily clear from the order screen that some things don't quite sit where you think they would:

[img]http://xs38.xs.to/pics/05293/oddcopy.jpg[/img]

It might even be nice to use some sort of progressive disclosure dealies to separate out stuff further like seating (thrones, chairs, stools, etc.), tables (end or otherwise) , etc. But that would be different than any other order screen...so I don't know that it's possible. It's just a *lot* of stuff to sift through right now. Lots o' fun stuff. Yep!

Also - I think it's the house (maybe manor?) that has the two story loft type area? It looks as though there's a shared wall between the 1st and 2nd floors. Does it truly work like a shared wall, in that if I put pictures up on the first floor I'll be able to see them from the second?
It's gingerbread and we love it.
[Jul 19, 2005 2:42:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Barrister

Tamsin wrote: 
Also - I think it's the house (maybe manor?) that has the two story loft type area? It looks as though there's a shared wall between the 1st and 2nd floors. Does it truly work like a shared wall, in that if I put pictures up on the first floor I'll be able to see them from the second?

It's the manor. Testing shows that they are not the same wall. :-/
Barrister
- YPPedia Administrator
- Looterati
[Jul 19, 2005 2:45:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

As far as trashing a palace, has anyone considered what this will do to selling ships?

You go on board a ship. It looks nice. You buy it. All the furniture is recalled to the owner. Your ship is barren.

Any chance of "Trade this ship and all furniture on the ship"?

Any ideas how to list ships in the bazaar trade thread now?
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Jul 19, 2005 3:41:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
McStew721

I doubt that there will be a very big market for pre-furnished ships. That would just add yet another middle-man markup, unnecessarily raising costs.
McStew - Llyr's Pact, Carpe Noctem
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    McStew721 [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Not so much a market for prefurb ships.

Consider this:

Right now, the only thing to differentiate ships is the paint and baner color.

New? You want to buy a ship. You go on board. It looks good. But any/all of that furniture could be custom, owned by someone else. You make the trade. Suddenly, the furniture disapears on you.

Imagine a larger ship that had been redecorated, and after a long time, being sold.
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
scuz3d

Posibly make all non-prop furnature property of the deedholder?
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    scuz3d [Link]  Go to top 
zoip

What happens to furny when the ship sinks?
drstupid wrote: 
If [your argument] is "good enough" for you, then having the reanimated corpse of Ludwig Wittgenstein throttle you in your sleep is too good for you.

[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

So far as the sale of ships with furniture on it, if your buying off somebody outside your crew and who never jobs for you, the bigger issue is the fact that the furniture will be stuck on your ship. So I understand, you cant move furniture placed by someone else so if buy a ship off someone, and want to redecorate, you cant without either OM help if your unable to track the original owner.

zoip wrote: 
What happens to furny when the ship sinks?

I would hope goes down with it.
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Barrister

When buying a building or a ship, the buyer needs to understand that all furniture (props or otherwise) might disappear before the deed is transferred.

Note that once the deed is transferred, the new owner can remove whatever furniture they don't like. If it belongs to another player, then it is returned to that person.

I'm pretty sure there's no way for someone to directly reclaim their furniture after they've transferred the deed.

(Note there are 2 exceptions here: 1) managers of buildings can arrange furniture, and 2) fleet officers and above can arrange ship furniture if the ship is unlocked.)
Barrister
- YPPedia Administrator
- Looterati
[Jul 19, 2005 6:40:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DubRub

Soulja wrote: 
Before anyone asks, no I don't want to go see your new house.

/me invites Soulja to his house warming party
Dubbrub - The Mad Professor next door
[Jul 19, 2005 6:52:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

Cedric wrote: 
Please won't you be my neighbour?

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.
[Jul 19, 2005 7:48:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

Varthlokkur wrote: 
And avoid people (when your DND is on, you on't hear knocks unless they're from hearties).

Does anyone know if you can invite someone that has DND on?
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
[Jul 19, 2005 8:34:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CursedBurger

Can inn owners remove the tables and tourney board? That would be quite a bit more annoying than the palace owner sacking the palace.
Are there any pirates on this ship?
And if they sober up,
they'll have us home by morning.
[Jul 19, 2005 10:42:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Varthlokkur

CursedBurger wrote: 
Can inn owners remove the tables and tourney board? That would be quite a bit more annoying than the palace owner sacking the palace.

Inn ownership doesn't change with governorship.

So on the one hand, the Inn owner has a little less spiteful incentive to sack the building than the outgoing governor.

On the other hand, with Inns being non-repeatable, untaxed, and untransfered, there's nothing you could do to put them back in as the new government if the inn owner decided there would be no games for you.
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean
[Jul 19, 2005 10:49:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Varthlokkur wrote: 
On the other hand, with Inns being non-repeatable, untaxed, and untransfered, there's nothing you could do to put them back in as the new government if the inn owner decided there would be no games for you.

While this would be an interesting dynamic for role-playing island takeovers, there almost has to be a mechanism that forces inns to keep at least 1 parlor table for the good of the game.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jul 20, 2005 12:19:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnRobby

As for prefab/prefurnished ships: As someone already stated, you have to be the owner or a FO in the crew to move/remove furniture on a ship...So if you liked the furniture so much the way it is, it shouldn't be a big deal who owns it...but the way to make sure that you're getting the furniture with it is to, before the trade, have the seller collect all the furniture and then offer that in the trade along with the deed for the ship...then the furniture will belong to you along with the ship and you can put it all back however you want it.

As for what happens to furniture when it sinks....Two words: Flotsam and Jetsam ;)

Cobalt: Lich
Midnight and Ice: Daisuke
[Jul 20, 2005 12:29:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dragonlilly

Varthlokkur wrote: 
CursedBurger wrote: 

Inn ownership doesn't change with governorship.

So on the one hand, the Inn owner has a little less spiteful incentive to sack the building than the outgoing governor.

Inns are now the equivalent of an oversized shack... I mean there is no profit, no taxes, no rent... This indeed changes the functionality of Inns.

Will there ever be rooms for rent in the Inns? I always thought there might be, why else have stairs in every inn style...

Maybe have those rooms be double the size of a shack, with a weekly 'fee' for staying at the Inn.
Dragonlilly, Captain of SDTC
A very much retired old sea salt! Or would that be sea saltess?
Shanty Raid-io!
[Jul 20, 2005 1:11:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://dragonlilly.shantyraidio.com    srdragonlilly    SO+Dragonlilly    101380420 [Link]  Go to top 
barrelmonkey

Nemo wrote: 
AkMedic wrote: 
You know, the inn would be a good place to rent a room.......:)

And will be.

Curses, Slummock beat me with myself!

So Inns apparently will be. I could be mistaken though, that is a little old. But, I remember seeing Cleaver confirm that that will come eventually.
[Jul 20, 2005 1:19:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
loopylindsay

varthlokkur wrote: 
there's nothing you could do to put them back in as the new government if the inn owner decided there would be no games for you.

I can see it now - blockade after blockade by angry inn-tarts to punish inn-owners who remove tables. That would actually be entertaining enough to merit NOT putting in any sort of mechanism ;)
Lawanda on Colbalt
Member of the crew In War We Trust
Lady of the flag Something Powerful
Oowin on Midnight
Lucy on Ice
[Jul 20, 2005 1:22:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Varthlokkur

Alternately, if Inns are to be purely functional (providing a communal gaming place for all island inhabitants), then I'd say either a) have the Inn's minimum gaming components (parlour table, be 'locked in'; or b) Inn ownership should become something that reverts to the governorship (with reimbursal of the Inn's construction costs to the current owner).
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean
[Jul 20, 2005 1:25:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
Ian_Rhodes

Will the palace be inhabitable as housing for lucky folk?
Hypnos Score: 4.
[Jul 20, 2005 1:50:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crooktooth

Names that must occur:

Dvor shack
Horse shack
Charles Mansion
Marilyn Mansion
Bob Villa
Poncho Villa
Wayne Manor (mentioned before. I fully expect this on Xi)
Mild Manor
Animal House
In The Dog House

That's all I got so far.
Putting live chickens in my enemy's underwear since December '03!
Avvy by Sancha!
Sloganizer says: "Crooktooth Prevents That Sinking Feeling."
[Jul 20, 2005 5:47:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://stoneknivesandbearskins.blogspot.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

Isn't Poncho Villa the old name for the Estate Agent on Spring before it got renamed to Centurion XXI? Or was it Turtle's EA, before that got renamed to "Styx and Stones"?

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.
[Jul 20, 2005 5:49:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
Barrister

Piplicus_BNO wrote: 
Isn't Poncho Villa the old name for the Estate Agent on Spring before it got renamed to Centurion XXI? Or was it Turtle's EA, before that got renamed to "Styx and Stones"?

It's the Estate Agent on Emperor.
Barrister
- YPPedia Administrator
- Looterati
[Jul 20, 2005 6:12:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Parthanos

Given the nature of inns, I was also supprised to see that the 'free' form of housing (rooms) was not included as part of their design. I would like to see rooms 'upstairs', even if all they are is window dressing. Ok, so I want a presidential suite, sue me:)
Long retired, mostly expired

Angelmarie tells you, "*nods* I know. :) La Giustazia Inpronouncable.... ;)"
[Jul 20, 2005 6:20:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    AlaskanParamedic@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
lokonzo

A weird thing I noticed: There is a sea-gull on the male-statue. I don't mind that being there, It's just weird seeing a sea-gull in your home. If I ever get a sea-gul in my home, I'm naming it!
British Battalion.
European Revolution.
Other words here.
[Jul 20, 2005 8:05:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
emerson

I named my sea-gull "Pooper."
Cleaver shouts, "I lub this island."
Personally I think that TITS are a technique if they are used less than once every three moves. Any more than that, and you're just waving your exploits in their faces. - Flamer
[Jul 20, 2005 8:07:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates