• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 902
Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 86498 times and has 901 replies Next Thread
Lord_Mogor

Re: *Hyperventilates* Housing on ice! Reply to this Post

I'm still trying to get this clear in my head, So each housing thing could be like a bazaar with multiple rooms for each pirate who owns that type of housing?
----------------------------------------
"They'd already have the plank spank mark on their butts." Emerson, June 16th 2005
Come join us forum tarts at M-tos.da.ru/yppforum/
[Jul 19, 2005 2:54:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

Aye, there are different houses on the island, different classes, manor, house, shack. You enter one of those, and have the options to purchase rooms and enter rooms. Same as with stalls, just no ordering desk ;).
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
[Jul 19, 2005 3:00:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barrelmonkey

Lord_Mogor wrote: 
pardon me if I missed this completely rent on the housing is?

I believe this has been said a bunch earlier. There is no rent.
[Jul 19, 2005 3:06:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Varthlokkur

Of note: This change and Palaces.

Will there be anything to prevent someone going through and tossing every prop (throne, statues, paintings, etc.) out of their palace when they see they're losing their isle in a blockade? Or is this just 'constructive vandalism' that we're OK with?

(I really don't mind either way; I'm just hoping it'll be considered prior to implementation, and that would be island owners know they'll have to be prepared to refurnish the Palace if trashing's OK).
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean
[Jul 19, 2005 3:13:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
Shivver

I'm sorry if either of these have already been posted (I need to stop reading at work -- then I can spend the time to sufficiently read back through these 10 pages):

1) Will there be racks in furniture shops? I'm not talking sword racks that you can buy to store your swords in, but racks in the shops which hold pre-made items that customers can browse. It seems to me that this would be a premium consideration for a furniture shop.

2) I haven't seen what all the rooms in each type of house are (I have a shack room on Ice), but it would be nice if, especially in the biggers houses, that there would be an outdoor room -- either the front of the house (with a small yard) or a courtyard, or maybe even a side of the house (for like woodpiles and other outdoorsy objects). In my other MMO, decorating outside the house is just as fun as decorating inside.
[Jul 19, 2005 3:37:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barrelmonkey

I believe furniture racks will come about the same time as sword racks and such. Eventually.
[Jul 19, 2005 4:13:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rmarsbar

Working wardrobes wouldn't affect tailors much IMO
Rmarzbarr, a Superlemon!
[Jul 19, 2005 4:18:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Marziepants    Marziepants1    334439659 [Link]  Go to top 
scuz3d

scupperer wrote: 
How will the Housing Buildings work on the smaller island sizes? Will Outposts get to build one at all? Will Mediums have to sacrifice one of their 4 shops to place one?

I believe mediums are restricted to 4 merchant class bazaar/shop's. Will housing be considered a merchant bazaar?
[Jul 19, 2005 5:59:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    scuz3d [Link]  Go to top 
CursedBurger

Shivver wrote: 
2) I haven't seen what all the rooms in each type of house are (I have a shack room on Ice), but it would be nice if, especially in the biggers houses, that there would be an outdoor room -- either the front of the house (with a small yard) or a courtyard, or maybe even a side of the house (for like woodpiles and other outdoorsy objects). In my other MMO, decorating outside the house is just as fun as decorating inside.

I demand pink flamingos!
Are there any pirates on this ship?
And if they sober up,
they'll have us home by morning.
[Jul 19, 2005 6:01:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

Nemo wrote: 
Apprenta wrote: 
I'm curious... when will we be able to place flooring as well? Some of us aren't too fond of dirt on the floor.

Get rooms in a nicer house.

Presently, nobody can change ground tiles anywhere in the game.

Well the point is, i think, that the most expensive rooms we have seen so far, the manor, cost a lot of poe, and have the most dirt on the floor. Especially the room in which you enter, it could also use more fancy walls, doors and windows in my opinion. It's 80k after all. But i had also especially noticed the amount of dirt there, there's more dirt then in the shack, seemed weird to me.
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
[Jul 19, 2005 6:11:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dragonlilly

I skim but I am pretty sure this hasn't been suggested yet.

Could we please have a sound added for when someone knocks? Something that we could hear when we are rearranging our furniture or in another window would be helpful for those that would like to get in quicker, maybe a knock perchance. ;)
Dragonlilly, Captain of SDTC
A very much retired old sea salt! Or would that be sea saltess?
Shanty Raid-io!
[Jul 19, 2005 6:32:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://dragonlilly.shantyraidio.com    srdragonlilly    SO+Dragonlilly    101380420 [Link]  Go to top 
CursedBurger

Dragonlilly wrote: 

Could we please have a sound added for when someone knocks? Something that we could hear when we are rearranging our furniture or in another window would be helpful for those that would like to get in quicker, maybe a knock perchance. ;)

Only if you buy a knocker?
Are there any pirates on this ship?
And if they sober up,
they'll have us home by morning.
[Jul 19, 2005 6:33:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dragonlilly

CursedBurger wrote: 
Dragonlilly wrote: 

Only if you buy a knocker?

Whatever, yeah, lets give furnishers even more products to make (/me wonders how many pirates/max hours a furnisher will have at this rate)... I just need a sound to tell me I have people wanting in. :p
Shanty Raid-io!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dragonlilly at Jul 19, 2005 6:45:06 AM]
[Jul 19, 2005 6:45:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://dragonlilly.shantyraidio.com    srdragonlilly    SO+Dragonlilly    101380420 [Link]  Go to top 
loopylindsay

Well... we are pirates, you know. You ever seen a bathouse? Is a tub one of the furnisher items? We smell real bad, so a little dirt shouldn't bother pirates ;)
Lawanda on Colbalt
Member of the crew In War We Trust
Lady of the flag Something Powerful
Oowin on Midnight
Lucy on Ice
[Jul 19, 2005 6:48:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

loopylindsay wrote: 
Well... we are pirates, you know. You ever seen a bathouse? Is a tub one of the furnisher items? We smell real bad, so a little dirt shouldn't bother pirates ;)

we can't smell bad - we have no noses!
LordKalvan of Otherwhen, all oceans but mostly Midnight
[Jul 19, 2005 6:59:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dragonlilly

loopylindsay wrote: 

What is this 'smell' you speak of? I once heard tell of a thing called a nose, it could pick up oders of things around them, but I have never seen a nose or known what exactly it does...

Bah, I was sniped, but I still like my response better! :p
Shanty Raid-io!
[Jul 19, 2005 7:05:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://dragonlilly.shantyraidio.com    srdragonlilly    SO+Dragonlilly    101380420 [Link]  Go to top 
Zyborg22

lokonzo wrote: 
zim_was_here wrote: 
Also It would be really nice to be able to play certain games ie. cannon puzzle.

Finally! I've always wanted to shoot cannons from the comfort of my own home!

Why does that remind me of the SNES Paperboy game?

/em would post a screenshot of the house with cannons in the windows, but can't find one.
Zyborg - Avatar done by Kingpriam.
Senior Officer of the crew The Legends
Member of the flag Crimson Tide
[Jul 19, 2005 7:42:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Zyborg22    Zyborg200 [Link]  Go to top 
lokonzo

Lokonzo has a shack of his own! Hooray! (and 20 poe!)
Lokonzo- Viridian and Sage
British Battalion.
European Revolution.
Other words here.
[Jul 19, 2005 8:05:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skal

Barrister wrote: 
There are at least 3 types of boarding houses: shack, house, and manor.

Shacks have 1 room. Manors have 4 rooms. I haven't seen the inside of a house.

There's also been mention of mansions.

There's also exterior art for bunglows.

I'm also wondering if there is a way to upgrade from the Shady class to the Fine class... and what happens to the interiors if such an upgrad does occur.
Sadiekate
I know Tofu.
[Jul 19, 2005 8:40:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://sadiekate.deviantart.com [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

There are no upgrades. We'll probably have to name them something else to not confuse people.

Presently there are shady and fine: shack, bungalow, house, manor, mansion.

These may be split to: shack, cabin, bungalow, cottage, apartment, house, victorian manor, caribbean manor, villa, mansion.

Or you can suggest changes.
[Jul 19, 2005 8:49:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dragonlilly

Nemo wrote: 
There are no upgrades. We'll probably have to name them something else to not confuse people.

Presently there are shady and fine: shack, bungalow, house, manor, mansion.

These may be split to: shack, cabin, bungalow, cottage, apartment, house, victorian manor, caribbean manor, villa, mansion.

Or you can suggest changes.

The first set of class shady & fine, remind me of small sloop & large sloop... Hmm. /derail
Shanty Raid-io!
[Jul 19, 2005 8:54:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://dragonlilly.shantyraidio.com    srdragonlilly    SO+Dragonlilly    101380420 [Link]  Go to top 
Soulja

Before anyone asks, no I don't want to go see your new house.
Nemesis wrote: 
Please remove your current signature as, out of context, it is inappropriate.

Idaa wrote: 
people like you are why the world is such a mess and hope you don/t spawn more kids

[Jul 19, 2005 9:06:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flak_88

I'm curious, does housing do anything or does it just cost money? Ice files take too long to virus scan all the time.
Flakcannon, on all English Oceans, except that imposter on Malachite.
Farming, cleaning up your poo, and making you drink it.
[Jul 19, 2005 9:48:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    habhabhabhab [Link]  Go to top 
McStew721

Flak_88 wrote: 
I'm curious, does housing do anything or does it just cost money? Ice files take too long to virus scan all the time.

That depends on your definition of "do"

What they do is hold furniture. The furniture may have more features in the future. currently you can only turn lights on and off, and access the parlor games.
McStew - Llyr's Pact, Carpe Noctem
[Jul 19, 2005 10:20:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    McStew721 [Link]  Go to top 
kaykordeath

I very very well may have missed this....

But where does the fee payment for the shack/house/mansion go? Will they be like bazaars with a deed holder but the fee is a sink?

With Furnishings being part of the player economy, I can see the houses going either way. Another poe sink is always nice, but, to see which flags elect to to build high and/or low end buildings based on number of units expected to sell vs. price could be interesting too...
tht guy hird me 2 b a om
[Jul 19, 2005 11:06:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Varthlokkur

And avoid people (when your DND is on, you on't hear knocks unless they're from hearties).
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean
[Jul 19, 2005 12:13:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
loopylindsay

rixation wrote: 
No rent, just the initial cost to buy the room(s).

barrelmonkey wrote: 
I believe this has been said a bunch earlier. There is no rent.

fanta wrote: 
No rent.

Lawanda on Colbalt
Member of the crew In War We Trust
Lady of the flag Something Powerful
Oowin on Midnight
Lucy on Ice
[Jul 19, 2005 12:22:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barrelmonkey

Hey! I just thought of this. I'm guessing so did everyone else, but I'll say it anyways. Is the cool new thing thats replacing banks?

Aha! /me is smart. I looked on the map on Ice and now the blank spots on the old map are filled, but the Bank is missing. So methinks something else will go there.
[Jul 19, 2005 12:24:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
McStew721

barrelmonkey wrote: 
Hey! I just thought of this. I'm guessing so did everyone else, but I'll say it anyways. Is the cool new thing thats replacing banks?

Aha! /me is smart. I looked on the map on Ice and now the blank spots on the old map are filled, but the Bank is missing. So methinks something else will go there.

Woodtop Crafter was placed on the old bank on Shatterstone island. I guess that mean that this is it.
McStew - Llyr's Pact, Carpe Noctem
[Jul 19, 2005 12:35:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    McStew721 [Link]  Go to top 
barrelmonkey

It's not. Thats unrelated to housing entirely.
Cleaver wrote: 
Home is where the strong-box (and the wardrobe, and the swordrack...) will be. Banks we have other nefarious plans for. Muhahahah!

Doesn't make much sense without reading the rest of the topic, but it means that houses and banks are unrelated.
[Jul 19, 2005 12:38:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates