• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 902
Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 86463 times and has 901 replies Next Thread
barrelmonkey

Re: *Hyperventilates* Housing on ice! Reply to this Post

No one seemed to mention this, but I thought of this from reading posts. One big change will be paint. It will probably be a lot more in demand, but ordering it won't do you any good as it has to be bought dockside. High Demand+Low Supply=Inflation. Hmm, I should probably start an Alch stall now. I'll wait to see if any new information to solve this problem is made before I do though.
[Jul 18, 2005 1:25:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitefire

barrelmonkey wrote: 
No one seemed to mention this, but I thought of this from reading posts. One big change will be paint. It will probably be a lot more in demand, but ordering it won't do you any good as it has to be bought dockside. High Demand+Low Supply=Inflation. Hmm, I should probably start an Alch stall now. I'll wait to see if any new information to solve this problem is made before I do though.

It's called a market economy, it will fix itself.

Whitefire
Who's already bought his paint before the rush.
[Jul 18, 2005 1:28:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barrelmonkey

Ah, ok. It just seemed through my little knowledge of the economy that that would happen.

You already bought yours? But I thought I saw that the only way to paint your house was to buy the paint dockside from the house.
[Jul 18, 2005 1:39:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitefire

Indeed, so you give it to your friend who owns an apoth and puts it up at a sell price of 1 ppu for a few seconds.
[Jul 18, 2005 2:09:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barrelmonkey

Ooh, sounds good.

Now, I think this is my last question for while. I searched, but turned up nothing. What are the paint requirements?
[Jul 18, 2005 2:30:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lokonzo

http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=12466&highlight=ship+paint

There ya go.

Now, I was wondering what happens to houses after people go dormant? Do they stay for a certain while, forever, or disappear as soon as you go dormant?
----------------------------------------
Lokonzo- Viridian and Sage
British Battalion.
European Revolution.
Other words here.
[Jul 18, 2005 3:40:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

I think he meant the paint requirements for a house.

http://yohoho.wikicities.com/wiki/House
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Jul 18, 2005 3:56:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
McStew721

lokonzo wrote: 
Now, I was wondering what happens to houses after people go dormant? Do they stay for a certain while, forever, or disappear as soon as you go dormant?

It has already been said that houses are permanent.

The thing is that it won't show up on the Boarding House list if no one is in it at that time. This not only removes clutter from dormant people, it also ensures that there is someone to answer any knocks on the door.

Yeah.
McStew - Llyr's Pact, Carpe Noctem
[Jul 18, 2005 5:18:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    McStew721 [Link]  Go to top 
Leeksoup

BehindCurtai wrote: 

1. Open a new ocean, "ice2"
2. Set all commodity target pricing on this ocean to "1".
3. Set all costs of stalls to "1".
4. Drop the palace ship cost to "1"

YES!

I've always been of the opinion that all games should haev a 'god server' that pretty much gives them infinite stuff. Just to screw around with, and not at all serious.
-Scylira, mostly retired
ponytailguy wrote: 
Yarr, me harties, let me go grab my knitting needles!

Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x].
[Jul 18, 2005 5:22:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
McStew721

Leeksoup wrote: 
BehindCurtai wrote: 

1. Open a new ocean, "ice2"
2. Set all commodity target pricing on this ocean to "1".
3. Set all costs of stalls to "1".
4. Drop the palace ship cost to "1"

YES!

I've always been of the opinion that all games should haev a 'god server' that pretty much gives them infinite stuff. Just to screw around with, and not at all serious.

They don't have the hardware to run another ocean. Just set all of this info on the current Ice, then wipe it after testing is done.

Wait, you're saying people really play there? You're kidding me, right?
[Jul 18, 2005 5:25:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    McStew721 [Link]  Go to top 
MasterDinada

Indeed. I find it impossible to actually do any testing on ice when there is no poe for me to use, nobody pillaging for me to get poe as a booty cut, and nobody in the parlor wagerring in it.
Ice just isn't populated enough for people to have means to get money. The only thing you can do is job for the navy and nobody wants to invest that much time getting money on a server that is underpopulated and not even permanent.

Every game I've played has had testing servers EITHER you started out with a whole bunch of stuff so you could pretty much do what you needed to and add commands to change your level and skills and stuff, OR they simply allowed you to take a character on a normal server and "copy" it to the test server. Either way works fine. Although you can't transfer stalls (I guess ships could sort of be transferred) and the server is still underpopulated so there is the matter of commodities not enterring the economy fast enough. Many people are on the test server to try out new stuff, which often involves buying (demanding) goods and no interest in actually working to supply goods, especially if they are given stuff for free...

Hmm, a paradox >_<
I'm having a little trouble figuring out this signature thing...
[Jul 18, 2005 6:29:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

McStew721 wrote: 

Wait, you're saying people really play there? You're kidding me, right?

Sometimes its great to get away from greenies 0_o
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Jul 18, 2005 6:39:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Varthlokkur

BehindCurtai wrote: 

2. Can we please get "tan cloth" instead of "sail cloth" as the cloth used in these items? Seems to make more sense, somehow -- those bags are not white, nor sails.

For sail cloth, read canvas.

Then it makes sense.
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean
[Jul 18, 2005 7:52:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
loopylindsay

First of all, before suggesting the "great idea" that the devs make the wardrobes, ect. functional, perhaps they could a. read the rest of the thread, and b. understand that this is version 1.0 like has already been said, and once they see that five other people have suggested it, the devs might get a clue that people would like to see that feature added without a million others suggesting it.

Gosh, I need to not post when I'm at work. Long threads that repeat the same things make Lawanda a dull girl ;)

And on a lighter note - thank you! I think this is amazing, and it is so exciting to see some of the stuff from *dun dun dun* The List actually being unveiled. I know that must have taken forever, and to Hussar and the rest of the team, I thank you :)

And on a more random note - holy The Sims batman! Not that I mind, of course, as I love that game partially because of the ability to decorate. But do any fellow Sims diehards expect to move over the bed and see a "Play in Bed" option? /me giggles
Lawanda on Colbalt
Member of the crew In War We Trust
Lady of the flag Something Powerful
Oowin on Midnight
Lucy on Ice
[Jul 19, 2005 12:21:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rixation

loopylindsay wrote: 
And on a more random note - holy The Sims batman! Not that I mind, of course, as I love that game partially because of the ability to decorate. But do any fellow Sims diehards expect to move over the bed and see a "Play in Bed" option? /me giggles

It's funny you mention this actually. After my wife cancelled her YPP subscription, she went back to playing The Sims 2. After I saw Ice this weekend, I told her about housing, furniture, etc...she'll probably be renewing her subscription with me next month. See, cool new features DO bring in money. :)
Epimetheus
Retired

[Jul 19, 2005 12:30:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
loopylindsay

/continued derailing

That is entertaining - I was a huge Sims addict when it first came out, and my sister and I own all of the expansion packs. Then I went to college and got into my cousin's Sega (I'm so lame) and random games like Zuma. Then I discovered YPP and got myself all subscribed up. Suprpisingly, I don't miss The Sims too much, and YPP has certainly helped ease my pain at not being able to afford The Sims 2 and its subsequent expansion packs. Partially because of the social puzzle and the fact that there are ranks and clothes and such ;) But now that you can have houses, my homemaker urges can now almost fully be quelched!

Now we just need the option to have kids and that weird Mime and we would be set! ;)

/rerails

But yes, these features are certainly keeping people here and bringing them back, much like expansion packs, but for free (sort of). So yay for that, and I wub you devs and OMs :)
Lawanda on Colbalt
Oowin on Midnight
Lucy on Ice
[Jul 19, 2005 12:47:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
McStew721

Re: a few suggestions... for you!!! Reply to this Post

ericade wrote: 
Butler bots woo! It would be nice every now and then if you wanted to be antisocial, to just have an option to hire a butler bot for a day, they could be priced on their sf and drinking rating just for practice! Also there could be an option when you are in a different room to have the bot greet visitors you let in with a recorded message ^.^

I'm surprised no one has quoted this. ( I know I skim over Eric's rants sometimes, too. o.o)

I think it would be fun to have a bot in the house. Just name him [adjective] Jeeves, write a few funny things for him to say, and then tie him to the front room of every Mansion or maybe Manor.

We always love to hear bot humor, you know.
[Jul 19, 2005 1:09:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    McStew721 [Link]  Go to top 
rixation

Sorry, can't find it anywhere. To get a room, Houses are 20k, Manors are 80k...what about the others, especially Mansions? I need to know how much I need to save before this rolls over to Midnight. :)
Epimetheus
Retired

[Jul 19, 2005 1:42:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
McStew721

rixation wrote: 
Sorry, can't find it anywhere. To get a room, Houses are 20k, Manors are 80k...what about the others, especially Mansions? I need to know how much I need to save before this rolls over to Midnight. :)

No one yet knows the answer to this, and it's all just speculation. Some have estimated as much as 200k. It may even be that the House>Manor increase stays proportional for Manor>Mansion, making is 320 (check my math?)

I'm hoping they're considerably lower, but not too low.
[Jul 19, 2005 1:47:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    McStew721 [Link]  Go to top 
scupperer

How will the Housing Buildings work on the smaller island sizes? Will Outposts get to build one at all? Will Mediums have to sacrifice one of their 4 shops to place one?

Am I understanding correctly that stalls and shops can be decorated as well? How will that work with Palaces, where they currently come pre-furnished with beds and trinkets, etc.? Will existing palaces be emptied of furnishings and the governors have to decide what to do with the places (and pay for it)?
I believe that we are all, openly or secretly, struggling against one or another kind of nihilism. - Ellen Willis
[Jul 19, 2005 1:56:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.scupperer.com [Link]  Go to top 
Zyborg22

MasterDinada wrote: 
Indeed. I find it impossible to actually do any testing on ice when there is no poe for me to use, nobody pillaging for me to get poe as a booty cut, and nobody in the parlor wagerring in it.
Ice just isn't populated enough for people to have means to get money. The only thing you can do is job for the navy and nobody wants to invest that much time getting money on a server that is underpopulated and not even permanent.

You could always take a job at one or more of the new furnishing shoppes or stalls. It will help a little bit with the money problem, as well as making the furniture queue go a little faster. Best of all, you don't even have to do anything except take the job and log in every once in a while.
Zyborg - Avatar done by Kingpriam.
Senior Officer of the crew The Legends
Member of the flag Crimson Tide
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Zyborg22 at Jul 19, 2005 2:00:18 AM]
[Jul 19, 2005 2:00:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Zyborg22    Zyborg200 [Link]  Go to top 
rixation

scupperer wrote: 
Am I understanding correctly that stalls and shops can be decorated as well? How will that work with Palaces, where they currently come pre-furnished with beds and trinkets, etc.? Will existing palaces be emptied of furnishings and the governors have to decide what to do with the places (and pay for it)?

Haven't tested this, but I think the ship-furniture rules apply...you can remove furniture from shoppes/stalls (and it doesn't go back into your inventory but just disappears), but cannot simply move it. But yeah, you should be able to place new furniture in your shoppe/stall just like you can on a ship. Again, I haven't tested that, it's just inference from previous posts.
Epimetheus
Retired

[Jul 19, 2005 2:00:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Piggerina

I'm concerned about labour on Midnight (yes, yes, I know I always am).

It is still hard as Hades to get enough labour for existing shops, or at least for shops that have no active puzzling labour, at rates that allow you to be competitive. When furniture is implemented, it will be impossible. 110 hours of labour for a Birdcage? Heck, that is two captain's jackets.

Hogwash
Hogwash on the Midnight Ocean
[Jul 19, 2005 2:04:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

rixation wrote: 

Shack - 1 room - Free (or 1.25k)
Bungalow - 2? rooms - 5k? (4 * 1.25)
House - 3 rooms - 20k
Manor - 4 rooms - 80k
Mansion - 5? rooms - 320k? (4 * 80k)

We'll see if the pattern follows through.

scupperer wrote: 

It appears that ships, stalls, and buildings will still come pre-furnished. However, these will all be "props", so they cannot be moved about the scene, and if removed they are immediately destroyed.
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Jul 19, 2005 2:09:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
rixation

Fiddler wrote: 

Shack - 1 room - Free (or 1.25k)
Bungalow - 2? rooms - 5k? (4 * 1.25)
House - 3 rooms - 20k
Manor - 4 rooms - 80k
Mansion - 5? rooms - 320k? (4 * 80k)

We'll see if the pattern follows through.

Makes perfect sense to me...thanks for the math lesson. No, seriously, I suck at math.
Epimetheus
Retired

[Jul 19, 2005 2:14:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
loopylindsay

scupperer wrote: 

I think I have an official quote somewhere in my logs, but I'm hooked into a remote server so I can't look it up right now. However, as far as I know, shoppes and palaces and ect. will still come with the generic furnishings that are currently present. The owner will NOT be able to move them around -they can only remove them. They cannot take that furniture into their inventory and put it into their house. They can add and remove actual bought furniture at their leisure, much like a house. I believe they made sure to do that because they didn't want people purchasing stalls just to get all of the furniture and then closing them...

*Edited to fix misinformation
Lawanda on Colbalt
Oowin on Midnight
Lucy on Ice
[Edit 1 times, last edit by loopylindsay at Jul 19, 2005 2:20:44 AM]
[Jul 19, 2005 2:20:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prometheus
OceanMaster

loopylindsay wrote: 
The owner will be able to move them around or remove [props].

"Props" (Meaning items that come with a shoppe/vessel) cannot be moved either within the scene or from the scene into a pirate's inventory. Props can only be left alone or trashed. Once trashed they disappear into the void forever.

-Pro
[Jul 19, 2005 2:42:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
Lord_Mogor

pardon me if I missed this completely rent on the housing is?
"They'd already have the plank spank mark on their butts." Emerson, June 16th 2005
Come join us forum tarts at M-tos.da.ru/yppforum/
[Jul 19, 2005 2:45:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CursedBurger

Lord_Mogor wrote: 

Are there any pirates on this ship?
And if they sober up,
they'll have us home by morning.
[Jul 19, 2005 2:48:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rixation

Lord_Mogor wrote: 

No rent, just the initial cost to buy the room(s).
Epimetheus
Retired

[Jul 19, 2005 2:50:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates