• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 902
Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 86520 times and has 901 replies Next Thread
Ingvild

Re: *Hyperventilates* Housing on ice! Reply to this Post

Fiddler wrote: 
When atteSmythe developed the Governor in a Box, he called the various house types shack, bungalow, house, manor, and mansion. I'd be surprised if all five weren't released at once with an increasing level of oppulence for each variety.

Yep, the island editor has five kinds of housing. I'm sure the other two are being developed for release too. However, each kind has a "shabby" and a "fine", with the fine shack having a rowboat on the roof. Is it up to the governor to update the shack to "fine", making all the rooms better? So we only need the five, not the ten? Will the "fine shack" still be free?
----------------------------------------
Yngvild
[Jul 18, 2005 5:00:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barrelmonkey

Can we get some more screenies please? One of the map with the new bazaars included. Maybe one of furniture in someone's inventory. That would be really cool to see.

I'm guessing all housing on Viridian will cost doubloons. Yay for doubloon sinks! No really, I'm glad for it. Sure, it'll cost more, but it'll make it mean more.
[Jul 18, 2005 5:14:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zim_was_here

This should suffice :p
Visit

http://yohoho.wikicities.com/wiki/Furniture

For furni recipies

For Floor items.
http://yohoho.wikicities.com/wiki/Furniture_%28floor%29#Anchor

Table top Items
http://yohoho.wikicities.com/wiki/Furniture_%28tabletop%29#Alchemicals

Wall items
http://yohoho.wikicities.com/wiki/Furniture_%28walls%29#Baroque_painting

There you go they have pictures and current recipes.

Quintillaz has been assigned the title of Builder in Dagger Revolution.
Juliah says, "because you "erect" things.... *giggles*"

wee howdypedia

Quintillaz
[Jul 18, 2005 5:27:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/zim_was_here    zim_was_here    zimwashere2 [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Go Wiki!

Diagonti wrote: 
Will housing be required for anything? If not, I'd like to suggest that the bottom end housing not be free. Make it something you have to work for -- much like your first sloop.

The thought was that you'd be more interested to furnish your naked shack if you had it staring at you.

Whitefire wrote: 
Will housing be constructed on Epsilon And Alpha? Also, will Furniture Bzaars be placed on those islands and will there be new Shop auctions for furniture shops on Alpha and Epsilon?

Yes, there will be bazaars. No, no more shoppe auctions.

Other improvements, some mentioned here, will come with later versions.
[Jul 18, 2005 5:39:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

Nemo wrote: 
Go Wiki!

Diagonti wrote: 
Will housing be required for anything? If not, I'd like to suggest that the bottom end housing not be free. Make it something you have to work for -- much like your first sloop.

The thought was that you'd be more interested to furnish your naked shack if you had it staring at you.

Whitefire wrote: 
Will housing be constructed on Epsilon And Alpha? Also, will Furniture Bzaars be placed on those islands and will there be new Shop auctions for furniture shops on Alpha and Epsilon?

Yes, there will be bazaars. No, no more shoppe auctions.

Other improvements, some mentioned here, will come with later versions.

Oh come on Nemo, gathering funds for shoppe auctions was one of the funnest things that ever happened in this game (er if you were in CT, RR or Nyx)
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Jul 18, 2005 5:44:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
zim_was_here

Rick9109 wrote: 

Oh come on Nemo, gathering funds for shoppe auctions was one of the funnest things that ever happened in this game (er if you were in CT, RR or Nyx)

Geesh, I still think a wealthy sea kracken should have bought all of those shops and demoslished them.

wee howdypedia

Quintillaz
[Jul 18, 2005 5:49:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/zim_was_here    zim_was_here    zimwashere2 [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

zim_was_here wrote: 
Rick9109 wrote: 

Geesh, I still think a wealthy sea kracken should have bought all of those shops and demoslished them.

Well that'd be one way to get people to shop at Cnossos
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Jul 18, 2005 6:01:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
wrb03

When can we expect to see houses in midnight/cobalt?

/me takes a number.
- Jublain (Cerulean)
- Captain of Knot Working
[Jul 18, 2005 6:17:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
VPeric

Preferably not for about 2 weeks (yay, vacation; boo, I want a headstart with furnishers). ;)
Wlada, Former King of Bloody Hell and former Captain of Sudden Death, Cobalt.
Vlada, Officer of the Rudder Royals, Azure.
[Jul 18, 2005 6:22:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zim_was_here

Aye hopefully after most of us have finished finals for the summer, two weeks whoo! . Oh did I say that out loud.

wee howdypedia

Quintillaz
[Jul 18, 2005 6:29:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/zim_was_here    zim_was_here    zimwashere2 [Link]  Go to top 
lokonzo

I asked an OM and they said probably sometime next week.
Lokonzo- Viridian and Sage
British Battalion.
European Revolution.
Other words here.
[Jul 18, 2005 6:30:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

VPeric wrote: 
Preferably not for about 2 weeks (yay, vacation). ;)

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.
[Jul 18, 2005 6:32:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
wrb03

zim_was_here Posted: 18 Jul 2005 21:29 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aye hopefully after most of us have finished finals for the summer, two weeks whoo! . Oh did I say that out loud.

i have finals next week too but i will sacrafice a small bit of study time to stake a purchase on the saru estate. = - )
- Jublain (Cerulean)
- Captain of Knot Working
[Jul 18, 2005 6:45:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zim_was_here

you braver then I mate, I have 5 finals and 3 lab practicals, plus 4 final papers. Techically I shouldnt be posting but I need a break from typing.

wee howdypedia

Quintillaz
[Jul 18, 2005 6:55:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/zim_was_here    zim_was_here    zimwashere2 [Link]  Go to top 
Apprenta

I'm curious... when will we be able to place flooring as well? Some of us aren't too fond of dirt on the floor.
Apprenta, Damsel of the Emerald Raiders
Current Cynpoints: n+1
[Jul 18, 2005 7:56:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Apprenta wrote: 
I'm curious... when will we be able to place flooring as well? Some of us aren't too fond of dirt on the floor.

Get rooms in a nicer house.

Presently, nobody can change ground tiles anywhere in the game.
[Jul 18, 2005 8:03:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Varthlokkur

To confirm yes or no.... Can governors place furniture outdoors?
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean
[Jul 18, 2005 8:21:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Varthlokkur wrote: 

A suitable set of restrictions hasn't been set. If you screw up your house, that's your problem. If you screw up the island, it's everybody's.
[Jul 18, 2005 8:37:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

A small note...I friggin ordered paint before realizing that you can't order paint to paint your house, you just have to buy at the buy prices. Uncool...(for one thing, there are alot of times there is no paint, or not enough paint available dockside for your needs). For another, it was a heckuvalot cheaper to order than buy dockside, hehe.

Second thing...when I was toying with the brush about painting, the window frames were a color, and the trim around the other door, what is that, a closet? Anyways, the trim of the door stayed the same color as whatever the wall color was. The door frame trim should match the window frame trim...This just makes sense...

And I'm sure curtains will be able to be ordered in different colors once we get around to banners for ships, or will they always be determined by the wall color?

And in response to the no-dusting comment...I absolutely think they should dust when moving or when holding...I'm not sure they shouldn't dust when positioned! (granted at a much slower pace than say, clothing, but no dusting is good for now, and maybe forever)...I do think things should dust when not placed...

Having fun...Having fun...lub the ringers.
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Jul 18, 2005 8:52:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
Eyes

So, I couldn't see if anyone had asked this yet. As it stands right now there are so far only 'bazaar' type buildings for housing on ice. What I'd like to know is will there be any 'shop' type housing. As in a stand alone building belonging to 1 pirate. I understand the implementation as it stands is to allow everyone to have access to some type of housing. But I had imagined the high end to be somewhat more than 80k. And as I really don't have anything else to do, if it were plausible I'd happily buy a shop and demolish it if it meant I could have my own shiny house, and I imagine others would as well. And some islands could clearly do with a decrease in the number of shops.

[Jul 18, 2005 8:55:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zoip

Nemo wrote: 
Varthlokkur wrote: 

A suitable set of restrictions hasn't been set. If you screw up your house, that's your problem. If you screw up the island, it's everybody's.

Cool. We can be as tacky as we want to be, at least in houses.

Are "screw up your stall" and "screw up yer ship" similiarly protected? (If not, I've got a levitating order-products-here board in me shipbuilding stall (I was testing!) that needs fixed.
drstupid wrote: 
If [your argument] is "good enough" for you, then having the reanimated corpse of Ludwig Wittgenstein throttle you in your sleep is too good for you.

[Jul 18, 2005 8:56:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LuisSilver

Thers houses in this game never knew.
Counselor of the Pirate of the south Monkeybeard
[Jul 18, 2005 9:09:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chemicalgirl

zim_was_here wrote: 
/em wonders if this is the first step in ship customization. I would really like it if I could, Remove certain stations put certain stations in and of course fill my brig to the top in cannons. Also It would be really nice to be able to play certain games ie. cannon puzzle, Carpentry, distilling, Shipwrightery from the comfort of my own Home :P.

Lol, moving stuff around on sloops and cutters would be fine, but if I get on a frig and expect to see 2 carp stations in each back corner in the galley, but only see bilge pumps, i'd probably have a mental breakdown.

Too many head aches inherent in managing a larger pillage to have to deal with "Where the hell is the 8th carp station?"

Also, I see now why we need to have furniture in our amazingly large knapsack. If it was in a ship, and we pillaged it up, who gets it? Do we break off legs from the chairs? or do we need to add furniture to booty splitting? I don't think so. It'll just have to be kinda like whisking, it ain't like in real life..... but as much as we forget it, we still aren't really pirates, anyway.

Dragonlilly wrote: 
Because this makes it so the gov has to decide between a 10th weavery or a nice mansion or boarding house on his already cramped isle. Sucks to be a gov. Should have planned better.

Yeah it sucks for some islands on Midnight... so they need to just suck it up and plan for it to the best of their ability.

It's obvious from your other posts that you don't care for island governors, or sympathise, at least. But we must remember that many people want to own islands, and see it as a goal to achieve in the game. So far, there aren't many benefits to owning an island. Why make it even more of a pain? Granted, some places have been overbuilt, but you can't always help it if you get an island and all the other owners before you haven't taken a care for the island's development, and while many people new there would be more buildings, I don't think anyone quite expected FOUR at once.

I'm rather surprised by Cleaver's statement that current flag holders must build these. Didn't Nemo just magick up a weavery for the owners of Guava, because it was an oversight before?
Silk

Stuyvesant flag officer chats, "You remember that whole "Midnight is better than Everything" phase?"
Silk flag officer chats, "phase...?"
Current Avatar by Falmari
[Edit 1 times, last edit by chemicalgirl at Jul 18, 2005 10:33:04 AM]
[Jul 18, 2005 10:33:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Silk_Princess1978    Sylkprincess [Link]  Go to top 
Lord_Mogor

I have hard enough time getting the mates to those last stations ye start moving them around and that could be very interesting indeed
"They'd already have the plank spank mark on their butts." Emerson, June 16th 2005
Come join us forum tarts at M-tos.da.ru/yppforum/
[Jul 18, 2005 10:34:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ericade

a few suggestions... for you!!! Reply to this Post

Okay yes I just want to add a few ides to your housing pool I think many would enjoy, it mi8ght be hard to add sometimes but it would be really worth it!

Able to put clothes in the wardrobes or allow clothes racks, after all, what good is a house you cannot even keep your own closet of clothes in?

Another idea, why have all this nice furniture just to stand and stare at? this is the hard part, but you should allow people to be able to sit on their thrones or chairs, that would be really awesome rather than standing next to it feeling good.

Butler bots woo! It would be nice every now and then if you wanted to be antisocial, to just have an option to hire a butler bot for a day, they could be priced on their sf and drinking rating just for practice! Also there could be an option when you are in a different room to have the bot greet visitors you let in with a recorded message ^.^

Perhaps a storage cellar as well? after all houses might be used for storage as well, keeping rum in the storage for parties or other items for safekeeping :)

That's all I got for now, think about it though :P
Ericader-- Grand Swords Champion

--We Will spank our enemies with wood and lead--
[Jul 18, 2005 10:39:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lord_Mogor

graphics and lag come to mind
"They'd already have the plank spank mark on their butts." Emerson, June 16th 2005
Come join us forum tarts at M-tos.da.ru/yppforum/
[Jul 18, 2005 10:40:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitefire

Posting the link here, since my thread is not GD for some reason.

http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=382465#382465
[Jul 18, 2005 11:15:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chemicalgirl

fanta wrote: 
Thanks to prometheus showing me the rooms in the house type, which cost 20k btw, i can post some screenshots of it.

Did i mention yet i love these?

I'll try to rebuild these in YPP tools as well, if/when i have time, a bit busy at the moment.

Am I being st00pid or are these things she mentions not on Ice? All i've seen are shacks and Liz and Prom's places in the 80k joint. I didn't see anything of the 'in-between' variety. :-(
Silk

Stuyvesant flag officer chats, "You remember that whole "Midnight is better than Everything" phase?"
Silk flag officer chats, "phase...?"
Current Avatar by Falmari
[Jul 18, 2005 12:32:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Silk_Princess1978    Sylkprincess [Link]  Go to top 
Kaet

There's a house on Eieio. 20k a piece.

I really like the house interior!
[Jul 18, 2005 12:36:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Nemo wrote: 
Apprenta wrote: 

Get rooms in a nicer house.

Presently, nobody can change ground tiles anywhere in the game.

Nobody? Didn't you manage to fix some walkability issues with the ground tiles on one island?

I asked an OM and they said probably sometime next week.

That fast? Please, do us a favor:
1. Open a new ocean, "ice2"
2. Set all commodity target pricing on this ocean to "1".
3. Set all costs of stalls to "1".
4. Drop the palace ship cost to "1"

Give us perhaps a chance to play with furniture. Did you see what the construction times and prices are like on ice?

Changes:
1. Expect wood demand to increase greatly. Expect to see wood near the top of the stable price range instead of near the bottom of the stable price range.
2. Can we please get "tan cloth" instead of "sail cloth" as the cloth used in these items? Seems to make more sense, somehow -- those bags are not white, nor sails.
3. No turtles? No pigs? Geeze.
4. Ropes, different wall panels, heck, just additional divider walls (maybe I want to break my room into two parts), rowboat, etc. There's a lot of object layer items not in that wiki list.
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Jul 18, 2005 1:19:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates