• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 902
Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 86538 times and has 901 replies Next Thread
stripey2004

Re: *Hyperventilates* Housing on ice! Reply to this Post

sunnylc2 wrote: 
Maybe I missed it, it's possible cause I'm really tired. I didn't see an answer to the co-habitation / joint ownership question. Someone point me in the right direction if need be.

If it hasn't been addressed, all I have to say is PLEEEEEEZZZZZZZ?!

Aww Sunny, I didn't know you cared so much about me. :P ;)
----------------------------------------
Featherfin
SO - Ransack Marauders, Lord - Marauders Pact
YPPedia administrator | Island Designer
"What's the Welsh for sea cucumber?" - Orsino
[Jul 17, 2005 4:26:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeatherfinYIPP [Link]  Go to top 
frogkissed11

I was able to buy a paintbrush, and hopped over to my tiny little shack, and while looking at the colors I noticed that the curtains changed color according to the color of the walls
JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
Blazeblade says, "you're talking to a SHEEP?"
[Jul 17, 2005 4:46:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
hchmom3

tcarr wrote: 
will flags that own islands have to spend their own poe and commods to build the boarding houses? if so, how much of each commod will we need to have on hand when this goes through, so we can get it built as quickly as possible? (assuming we decide we can afford the cost so that we can attract more citizens to our fair island)

I'd like to see an answer to this one too.

Sassysasha
Princess of Water Sleeps
Sassysasha
So of Otherwhen
[Jul 17, 2005 6:42:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
VPeric

Alright, Prometheus told me to post here. Why can't we remove the two objects outlined in red from furnishers?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/VPeric/furnisher_2.jpg

Thanks. =)
Wlada, Former King of Bloody Hell and former Captain of Sudden Death, Cobalt.
Vlada, Officer of the Rudder Royals, Azure.
[Jul 17, 2005 6:58:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

I rebuild the manor rooms with ypp tools, and had some fun furnishing those myself. :D I'd share them here, but don't know how i could best do that. Anyone that would really want to play with it as well, can pm me with their email-address and i'll send the files. Note you do have to have ypp tools on your pc.
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
[Jul 17, 2005 7:02:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

frogkissed11 wrote: 
I was able to buy a paintbrush, and hopped over to my tiny little shack, and while looking at the colors I noticed that the curtains changed color according to the color of the walls

Excellent! This was what I was wanting to do, change me curtains! Now if I could just get a paintbrush and paint on Shatterstone.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Jul 17, 2005 7:20:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

VPeric wrote: 
Alright, Prometheus told me to post here. Why can't we remove the two objects outlined in red from furnishers?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/VPeric/furnisher_2.jpg

Thanks. =)

Because I believe those are stall setups and not really objects. In other words, ye got them when ye opened yer stall. Ye didn't purchase them.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Jul 17, 2005 7:25:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

fanta wrote: 
I rebuild the manor rooms with ypp tools, and had some fun furnishing those myself. :D I'd share them here, but don't know how i could best do that. Anyone that would really want to play with it as well, can pm me with their email-address and i'll send the files. Note you do have to have ypp tools on your pc.

Ye'd have to host the xml file at a website outside of your computer, much like you would to post a photo. Ye can also just take an overview of the scene itself, rename it(it will be named snapshot) and again, post the picture but ye still would need to host it at a place like photobucket.com or another website ye have access to for storage/photos.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Jul 17, 2005 7:28:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
VPeric

No Synful. We got a ton of props with our stall. I deleted most of them. Those two have no reason NOT to be delete-able. :)
[Jul 17, 2005 7:31:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

Synful wrote: 
fanta wrote: 

Ye'd have to host the xml file at a website outside of your computer, much like you would to post a photo. Ye can also just take an overview of the scene itself, rename it(it will be named snapshot) and again, post the picture but ye still would need to host it at a place like photobucket.com or another website ye have access to for storage/photos.

Yeah but a snapshot can't be used in ypp tools again. I'll try putting it on a site when i have time.
Pleun,

[Jul 17, 2005 8:16:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
garf

VPeric wrote: 
No Synful. We got a ton of props with our stall. I deleted most of them. Those two have no reason NOT to be delete-able. :)

My guess would be they will serve as labor stations for when furnishers get their puzzle.
- Randal

[size=9]also Garf, Silvain and a few others
[Jul 17, 2005 8:50:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    garf+on+aim [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

Oh smart.
Pleun,

[Jul 17, 2005 9:00:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

Re: Scary first impressions. Reply to this Post

Rappak wrote: 

My thoughts exactly.

Or something like real world or Big Brother or just

This is my last derail, I promise.

EDIT: I better mention that anything in the above image is fiction, with the possible excpetion of the Heksubah story. The Carribean/Goga story is ENTIRELY made up.

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.
[Jul 17, 2005 9:17:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
Skal

1. Would it be possible for the Ringers to host the XMLs for all the housing and furniture so that they could be used in Yohoho tools? It would make it much easier to plan out furniture arrangements than reconstructing the rooms or guessing.

2. I understand that showing only occupied rooms keeps the list from being cluttered... but it also keeps housing from being a status symbol (like portraits). Would it be possible to have 2 lists? One that says who is home and one that lists all rooms in a certain house? That way, if I spend 100k on a mansion room I don't have to sit in it all the time so that people know I have enough poe to buy a mansion room. Just a thought.
Sadiekate
I know Tofu.
[Jul 17, 2005 10:32:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://sadiekate.deviantart.com [Link]  Go to top 
Zyborg22

I've just noticed something weird about the outside of the shack. When my pirate walked onto the wooden porch (which is higher up than the grassy area), the pirate looks like he's walking on level ground. Maybe there could be some stairs there that would act like the stairs on the larger ships.

Piplicus_BNO wrote: 
Rappak wrote: 

My thoughts exactly.

Or something like real world or Big Brother or just

Excuse me for quoting the image, but I believe that you forgot to change the "video" image. [/derail]
Zyborg - Avatar done by Kingpriam.
Senior Officer of the crew The Legends
Member of the flag Crimson Tide
[Jul 17, 2005 11:14:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Zyborg22    Zyborg200 [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

Psst, it's a picture of a manor, if you use your imagination ;-)

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.
[Jul 17, 2005 11:19:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
ajbcool

Zyborg22 wrote: 
Maybe there could be some stairs there that would act like the stairs on the larger ships.

My experience with those stairs makes them seem, well,....ghostly.
[Jul 17, 2005 11:26:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rixation

....and with this, as promised, I will be renewing my subscription shortly. *glee*

The new Harry Potter book and housing all in 1 weekend!! Best. Weekend. Ever!! *dance of joy*
Epimetheus
Retired

[Jul 17, 2005 12:05:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zyborg22

Piplicus_BNO wrote: 
Psst, it's a picture of a manor, if you use your imagination ;-)

I didn't think any manors were available at Midnight yet, much less ones that look real.

Ok, that's enough derailing from me for now.
Zyborg - Avatar done by Kingpriam.
Senior Officer of the crew The Legends
Member of the flag Crimson Tide
[Jul 17, 2005 12:27:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Zyborg22    Zyborg200 [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

tcarr wrote: 
will flags that own islands have to spend their own poe and commods to build the boarding houses? if so, how much of each commod will we need to have on hand when this goes through, so we can get it built as quickly as possible? (assuming we decide we can afford the cost so that we can attract more citizens to our fair island)

Yes, you will, but I don't have the costs to hand. Quite which houses to build will be an interesting conundrum for the governor, but to get greenies, you'll need the 'starter shack'.
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Whitefire

A few questions:

?Is there a labor puzzle in place already?

?Will the taxes and hold size be comparable to a Shipyard?

?Will we be able to take furniture from ships? I hope not, if it is allowed the industry will be stillborn.[/list:u:e1601d3e91]
[Jul 17, 2005 6:16:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whiplash

Allow shipyards to sell furniture for ships. Give them something else to do :)

Dmentia bows to the wisdom of Whiplash.

[Jul 17, 2005 6:43:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
Kaet

Whitefire wrote: 
?Will we be able to take furniture from ships? I hope not, if it is allowed the industry will be stillborn.

I think someone mentioned you can only delete the "default" furnishings, not move them. Possibly in this thread, or maybe I heard it on Ice. Hmm.
[Jul 17, 2005 6:51:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
VPeric

Yes, the things are props, meaning you can only delete them or keep them there. :)

As for my question, I think Garf's answer makes sense. Then, may I ask, why are they right there in the middle? Can the drawer at least be moved next to the wall or somesuch? :)
[Jul 17, 2005 8:10:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Varthlokkur

Whitefire wrote: 
A few questions:

?Is there a labor puzzle in place already?

?Will the taxes and hold size be comparable to a Shipyard?

?Will we be able to take furniture from ships? I hope not, if it is allowed the industry will be stillborn.[/list:u:d19292a167]

No puzzle on Ice. In the Devs heads? Dunno.

Labour is currently at the im rate (a stall being 8 hrs/hr max. throughput). the opening price and taxes are currently as a 'cheap' shop. Opening stall capacity is 50,000 kg/250,000 l; half that of a shipyard. given the number of different resources, and the volume of several, i'd recommend possibly a larger capacity, and definitely class it as a midlevel or expensive shop.

'default' props can be removed, but not taken. This is confirmed, shipboard (I replaced the stuff by the upper Carp station on a sloop with a table and lockbox, but didn't get to keep the removed items).
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean
[Jul 17, 2005 8:23:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
Rappak

Cleaver wrote: 

Yes, you will, but I don't have the costs to hand. Quite which houses to build will be an interesting conundrum for the governor, but to get greenies, you'll need the 'starter shack'.

Speaking of this, So far there's at least 4 new buildings, the manor size and shack size housing and the furnature bazaar and shop. That's already a tight squeeze on a lot of islands and now it makes my head spin to figure out where to place them now. Is there other sizes of housing that hasn't been implemented in ice yet? Is the shack a requirement like the bazaar to build before the manors?
Rappak, memmer of the oceans.

Rappak- Ex-king of Something Powerful (Cobalt)/ex-Lord of Indestructible Fury, a caged free-bird forever.
Rappak- Officer in Easily Distracted (Midnight)/Mem helper in CT/Where am I?
[Jul 17, 2005 9:48:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
phenylfairy

Eieio island had "house" size as well, but no one is ever in...
Lethe: The Sea Hares, Day of the Tentacle (Viridian); Far Too Jolly Rogers, Looterati (Midnight)
MalkierKing wrote: 
ur mom iz a loot haha lolz!11onetwothreetesting

[Jul 17, 2005 9:51:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Barrister

There are at least 3 types of boarding houses: shack, house, and manor.

Shacks have 1 room. Manors have 4 rooms. I haven't seen the inside of a house.

There's also been mention of mansions.
Barrister
- YPPedia Administrator
- Looterati
[Jul 17, 2005 9:52:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

When atteSmythe developed the Governor in a Box, he called the various house types shack, bungalow, house, manor, and mansion. I'd be surprised if all five weren't released at once with an increasing level of oppulence for each variety.
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Jul 17, 2005 10:04:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

After poking around in Ice, I'm very impressed with the update and can't wait to see it move to the production oceans.

One thing that I'd like to see added if possible is puzzle stations in homes. While I would love to have the duty puzzles available in homes, the crafting puzzles are my real concern. Ever since the patch that made all labor puzzling apply direct labor (instead of the old system where you had to have a job there), I haven't been as into the casual playing of labor puzzles. It would be fun to play the puzzles without actually giving away your labor. This might be a fun way to do it.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jul 17, 2005 11:00:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 902   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates